April 24, 2024, 06:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 159128 times)
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #560 on: January 08, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-sentinel-ruling-20110107,0,900386.story
Sentinel wins battle for Casey Anthony witness list
Judge Perry rules against sealing names
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

5:45 p.m. EST, January 7, 2011

<snipped>
The list of penalty phase witnesses provided today does identify Casey Anthony's close family members, including her parents and brother, many friends, ex-boyfriends and others already long associated with the case. Included on that list are familiar names such as Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales Anthony Rusciano, Anthony Lazzaro and Amy Huizenga.

In other news today, hearings were set for March 2 and 3 for several key defense motions aimed at keeping certain statements out of the trial. Those include statements involving Casey Anthony's parents, her brother, law enforcement and fellow jail inmates.

Bumped

Thanks Fanny.  Wow, this is who they want kept super secret?????????????? 

OH EM GEE. 

so, Jesse, Ricardo, Anthony, Amy are going to speak for her, thought they were states witnesses, can they do that? 

The point to this is I bet they didnt even ask these individuals if they would be willing to testify on her behalf in penalty phase & now as if it was even a question prior to this point they probably would be very reluctant if not flat out refuse.   As far as Jesse goes, I know that he's had a very difficult time facing Casey could do such a heinous thing much less to a child he cared deeply for & he did love Casey (God knows why cuz she was a lil B then too) so he could possibly have mixed emotions as to not wanting to see her put to death.  Additionally, the defense may be foolishly counting on the fact that Rev Grund is rather religious & might have misgivings condemning an individual to death but that doesnt necessarily mean that either would be willing to testify on her behalf so that doesnt happen.  To my knowledge, the defense cannot force anyone to testify in this phase.

I've resigned myself to the thought that the defense might actually be successful in sparing her the death penalty, not that I personally feel she should be spared or for that matter any other person whatsoever who in a calculated & premeditated manner murders a child.  That being said, whether she gets life or the death penalty by lethal injection, this monster will die sooner or later in jail & will never see the light of day amongst us again.   If she doesnt get condemned to die, she will have a slow & painful demise. After many years in whatever capacity I worked & to date still following these horrific crimes, I've hardened to wish that it was legal for individuals who kill go out the same way they took the life of their victim, it might not be a deterrent but at least they'd know their fate in advance.

I was wondering if they can subpeona witnesses for the penalty phase, but that would probably not go over too well, meaning the testimony would not be free flowing and the witnesses would be angry. 

she will get life, IMO.  I really don't mind that at all and in some ways it is worse.  Imagine never getting out ever again, in a cell, for the rest of your life.  At least with DP, they can envision what the afterlife will be like when they get there.  I would not mind, however, her getting the DP, and then having that hang over her head for 20 years wondering what date the courts will give her to die, before they convert her to life.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #561 on: January 08, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »

Andrea Lyons book, Angel of Death Row was just listed on Amazon as a free book for Kindle owners.  Gee, doesn't look like she will make much money with that kind of a deal.   Monkey Devil!

It's a good thing I don't own a Kindle, cause I like free things, and I might have been tempted to get it for free. 

I have one and the thought crossed my mind.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: January 08, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »

Andrea Lyons book, Angel of Death Row was just listed on Amazon as a free book for Kindle owners.  Gee, doesn't look like she will make much money with that kind of a deal.   Monkey Devil!

It's a good thing I don't own a Kindle, cause I like free things, and I might have been tempted to get it for free. 

I have one and the thought crossed my mind.

Kewl, let us know how awesome it is.  LOL.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

I doubt she will get the DP either and for the first time in my life, I feel she should. Yes, it took Casey Anthony to change my mind about the death penalty. She had options to achieve her "dream", and they didn't involve Caylee being murdered. Heck, they didn't even involve her working! Point is, she could have adopted Caylee out at any point during her short life.  No matter what Cindy said. She CHOSE to kill her....whether by accidental overdose, which is not an accident in my book, or with the duct tape.

I feel Casey planned this for some time. Her and Cindy most likely had many arguments about Caylee, and one of them triggered the thought process of taking Caylee away from Cindy for good. She's mad at Caylee at the same time because all these arguments are about Caylee. Arguments continue, searches on the computer finally begin. It all came to a head on Caylee's fateful day.

THEN to see what Casey did in the month following is just unbelievable to me. She was obviously very happy and content. She still appears to be content. Not one thing Casey has said about what happened to Caylee and what she did that month after, is true. Nothing.

A person like Casey will not really be affected while in GP, even for the rest of her life. She will adapt and continue on with her ways. Every day will be like cocktail hour for her.....little miss social butterfly.....a different side for everybody, what ever it takes to get what she wants.  She may have some run-ins but she will overcome....she will be in control and she will have things her way.  Of course she will run through every prisoner there, using them all.

BUT....if she is on death row, which will be many years of appeals, and even if she wins an appeal, that time spent is in solitude for the most part. THAT is what will get to Casey. Mentally and physically.  That is a punishment.

I know this case itself should not be used to send a message to others out there that feel a child's life and well being have no merit, but something has to change. Laws need to be set and upheld for the protection of our innocent children. Let them know that if you kill a child, you will be put to death. Period.
There is no other option. They can spend the rest of their life fighting for their own, all alone in a cell.  As always....jmoo

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #564 on: January 08, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »

That was a great video, Zoo.
I hadn't seen it before.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »

I KNOW Casey will be found guilty...even the duhfense knows that.
I don't really see her receiving the DP. I see her getting LWOP, and the A's moving so they can be closer to her on visiting days.
My other daydream is, the A's being arrested as soon as the Guilty verdict is read.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »

I doubt she will get the DP either and for the first time in my life, I feel she should. Yes, it took Casey Anthony to change my mind about the death penalty. She had options to achieve her "dream", and they didn't involve Caylee being murdered. Heck, they didn't even involve her working! Point is, she could have adopted Caylee out at any point during her short life.  No matter what Cindy said. She CHOSE to kill her....whether by accidental overdose, which is not an accident in my book, or with the duct tape.

I feel Casey planned this for some time. Her and Cindy most likely had many arguments about Caylee, and one of them triggered the thought process of taking Caylee away from Cindy for good. She's mad at Caylee at the same time because all these arguments are about Caylee. Arguments continue, searches on the computer finally begin. It all came to a head on Caylee's fateful day.

THEN to see what Casey did in the month following is just unbelievable to me. She was obviously very happy and content. She still appears to be content. Not one thing Casey has said about what happened to Caylee and what she did that month after, is true. Nothing.

A person like Casey will not really be affected while in GP, even for the rest of her life. She will adapt and continue on with her ways. Every day will be like cocktail hour for her.....little miss social butterfly.....a different side for everybody, what ever it takes to get what she wants.  She may have some run-ins but she will overcome....she will be in control and she will have things her way.  Of course she will run through every prisoner there, using them all.

BUT....if she is on death row, which will be many years of appeals, and even if she wins an appeal, that time spent is in solitude for the most part. THAT is what will get to Casey. Mentally and physically.  That is a punishment.

I know this case itself should not be used to send a message to others out there that feel a child's life and well being have no merit, but something has to change. Laws need to be set and upheld for the protection of our innocent children. Let them know that if you kill a child, you will be put to death. Period.
There is no other option. They can spend the rest of their life fighting for their own, all alone in a cell.  As always....jmoo

I agree with everything you say.  I was never a pro/anti DP person.  I base my opinion on a case by case basis.  For instance, the dirtbag that killed/kidnapped the Groene family, DEFINITE DP CANDIDATE FOR ME.  No ifs, ands, or buts, and I would be happy to pull the plug myself. 

Casey deserves it, IMO.  There will be her supporters that say there is no hard evidence, but I believe there is plenty of hard evidence, if you take off your blinders and see it.  I do not think the State of Florida will give her that though.  Jurors have sympathy for women, no matter how horrible their crime is. 

Alone in her cell works for me too.  Nothing, I'm afraid, will take away her mindframe.  She is oblivious and will be oblivious until, like most inmates, she finds god in prison and has "changed." 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: January 08, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »

I don't really see her receiving the DP. I see her getting LWOP, and the A's moving so they can be closer to her on visiting days.
My other daydream is, the A's being arrested as soon as the Guilty verdict is read.

OH, this is my dream too!!!  I would be so happy.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »

OH, this is my dream too!!!  I would be so happy.

And, I might add, if as she was leaving the court room from Casey's guilty verdict, they would arrest them in the hallway, and not even allow them to reach their home.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: January 08, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »

I picture them being surrounded by officers as the guilty verdict is being read and arrested right in the courtroom.
I also have a helter skelter scenario involving George, but I won't go there.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

I picture them being surrounded by officers as the guilty verdict is being read and arrested right in the courtroom.

Oh, now that would be good. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »

snipped
I Just seen this elsewhere

LOOK!!!! ORANGE COUNTY JAIL WHERE CASEY LIVES !! HAHAHAHAHA
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A major roach infestation forced an investigation into the Orange County jail Friday. Hundreds of inmates waiting in line to eat found roaches in their food. Cherry Daleo talked to WFTV about a call her son made from jail after the disturbing discovery. "He said, I just got a roach as an appetizer on my lunch," Daleo said, "my son almost threw up."

County jail officials confirmed one of its food delivery trucks made a delivery with cockroaches crawling on the plates.

Allen Moore with the Orange County jail said, "It was discovered by both inmates as it was being served by our staff that there was a roach infestation in some of the trays that were off loaded."

http://www.wftv.com/news/26407437/detail.html   

Ewww, roaches and/or thinking about one literally freaks me out.  I would be crying nonstop if I had to be in that jail.  I would probably stand in the middle of my cot all day, so that one cannot touch me or come near me. 

Glowed by me.

If they were waiting in line, I assume that means waiting to get food, so how could they find roaches in their food if they had not gotten any food yet?

Shouldn't be a problem...this lady survived.....
Cockroach Found In A Woman’s Colonoscopy
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/01/cockroach-found-in-a-womans-colonoscopy/

Blech, I would be mortified.

When I was a child, I lived/stayed with my grandma in Brooklyn, under the L train, above a fish bait store, and she was immaculate, but no matter what she did, she had roaches.  I would leave the lights on so that my BF would not see them scattering around at night. 

I SKEEVE THEM.  I hate them and just the thought of them makes me hyperventilate. 

Meet Skanky's newest little friend.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

snipped
I Just seen this elsewhere

LOOK!!!! ORANGE COUNTY JAIL WHERE CASEY LIVES !! HAHAHAHAHA
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A major roach infestation forced an investigation into the Orange County jail Friday. Hundreds of inmates waiting in line to eat found roaches in their food. Cherry Daleo talked to WFTV about a call her son made from jail after the disturbing discovery. "He said, I just got a roach as an appetizer on my lunch," Daleo said, "my son almost threw up."

County jail officials confirmed one of its food delivery trucks made a delivery with cockroaches crawling on the plates.

Allen Moore with the Orange County jail said, "It was discovered by both inmates as it was being served by our staff that there was a roach infestation in some of the trays that were off loaded."

http://www.wftv.com/news/26407437/detail.html   

Ewww, roaches and/or thinking about one literally freaks me out.  I would be crying nonstop if I had to be in that jail.  I would probably stand in the middle of my cot all day, so that one cannot touch me or come near me. 

Glowed by me.

If they were waiting in line, I assume that means waiting to get food, so how could they find roaches in their food if they had not gotten any food yet?

Shouldn't be a problem...this lady survived.....
Cockroach Found In A Woman’s Colonoscopy
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/01/cockroach-found-in-a-womans-colonoscopy/

Blech, I would be mortified.

When I was a child, I lived/stayed with my grandma in Brooklyn, under the L train, above a fish bait store, and she was immaculate, but no matter what she did, she had roaches.  I would leave the lights on so that my BF would not see them scattering around at night. 

I SKEEVE THEM.  I hate them and just the thought of them makes me hyperventilate. 

Meet Skanky's newest little friend.

OMG, that is too funny.  I love it.  Makes Roaches a little more tolerable.  maybe those roaches are really little robots sent in by the FBI to set up Casey Anthony even more. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »

Gotta admit, that helter skelter scenario sounds interesting.  Now, you have my mind wandering. 

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »

Yes, penalty phase witnesses may be cross examined, by both sides.  I found this link that explains things.   http://books.google.com/books?id=8xxjJTGrEhAC&pg=PA87&lpg=PA87&dq=can+penalty+phase+witnesses+be+cross+examined&source=bl&ots=ARtI2ssYba&sig=ESGSQeZZwoI_x5MkPiUnyJGXEf4&hl=en&ei=3nEoTYbCFMP-8AaLxoXIAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

This starts on page 87, chapter 9, if the link does not take you directly there.  

It is stated that the defense, for strategic reasons, may not give an opening statement until the prosecution has given their opening statement and  presented all of it's evidence.  I see this happening in this case.  moo

I already know the defense's opening statement........" Uh, uh, my papers are here somewhere that say why KC should not be found guilty. Let me see, uh, uh, there really is no reason to put her to death since she only threw her baby away in the woods to rot with bugs. uh, uh, you know, you know...........

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:19 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-sentinel-ruling-20110107,0,900386.story

<snipped>
The list of penalty phase witnesses provided today does identify Casey Anthony's close family members, including her parents and brother, many friends, ex-boyfriends and others already long associated with the case. Included on that list are familiar names such as Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales Anthony Rusciano, Anthony Lazzaro and Amy Huizenga.

In other news today, hearings were set for March 2 and 3 for several key defense motions aimed at keeping certain statements out of the trial. Those include statements involving Casey Anthony's parents, her brother, law enforcement and fellow jail inmates.

Bumped

OH EM GEE. 

so, Jesse, Ricardo, Anthony, Amy are going to speak for her, thought they were states witnesses, can they do that? 

The point to this is I bet they didnt even ask these individuals if they would be willing to testify on her behalf in penalty phase & now as if it was even a question prior to this point they probably would be very reluctant if not flat out refuse.   As far as Jesse goes, I know that he's had a very difficult time facing Casey could do such a heinous thing much less to a child he cared deeply for & he did love Casey (God knows why cuz she was a lil B then too) so he could possibly have mixed emotions as to not wanting to see her put to death.  Additionally, the defense may be foolishly counting on the fact that Rev Grund is rather religious & might have misgivings condemning an individual to death but that doesnt necessarily mean that either would be willing to testify on her behalf so that doesnt happen.  To my knowledge, the defense cannot force anyone to testify in this phase.

I've resigned myself to the thought that the defense might actually be successful in sparing her the death penalty, not that I personally feel she should be spared or for that matter any other person whatsoever who in a calculated & premeditated manner murders a child.  That being said, whether she gets life or the death penalty by lethal injection, this monster will die sooner or later in jail & will never see the light of day amongst us again.   If she doesnt get condemned to die, she will have a slow & painful demise. After many years in whatever capacity I worked & to date still following these horrific crimes, I've hardened to wish that it was legal for individuals who kill go out the same way they took the life of their victim, it might not be a deterrent but at least they'd know their fate in advance.

I looked at the list of names, and outside of the family and maybe even Jesse, the rest seem to have had their lives changed by Skanky's actions and have more or less ruined their lives also, or at least left a big pox. I don't think they will voluntarily testify for her in the death penalty phase. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time they knew Bozo is planning on using them for this. Can you have hostile witnesses testifying for your client in a penalty phase?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »

<snipped>

Bumped

OH EM GEE. 

I was wondering if they can subpeona witnesses for the penalty phase, but that would probably not go over too well, meaning the testimony would not be free flowing and the witnesses would be angry. 

she will get life, IMO.  I really don't mind that at all and in some ways it is worse.  Imagine never getting out ever again, in a cell, for the rest of your life.  At least with DP, they can envision what the afterlife will be like when they get there.  I would not mind, however, her getting the DP, and then having that hang over her head for 20 years wondering what date the courts will give her to die, before they convert her to life.

Upon further reflection of what I said, yes the defense can subpoena witnesses, which in essence means they are forcing a witness to testify to what they may not want to voluntarily.  In my mind's eye that is a serious contemplation because for whatever spec they might get out of it, there is a ton against her that will pale in comparison & you never want a jury to see a witness reluctant, defiant or feeling forced to answer any other way then they already did.   All these individuals noted will have testified in the case-in-chief & simply being asked if they feel Casey should be put to death, as far as I see it, is only an opinion.   They will ask character questions in mitigation of her heinous crime but to me by then anything positive about Casey will be far overshadowed by her aggravating factors....still in all this future jury may not see that she should receive the DP.  Jurors are instructed explicitly as to what by law they should consider & what they should not but as evidenced in so many cases it is obvious that some do behind closed doors despite the instruction.   As Ive expressed before I'm rather confident she will be found guilty of felony murder & her other charges, I'm not as confident the jury will recommend the DP.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: January 08, 2011, 01:12:46 PM »

Yes, penalty phase witnesses may be cross examined, by both sides.  I found this link that explains things.   http://books.google.com/books?id=8xxjJTGrEhAC&pg=PA87&lpg=PA87&dq=can+penalty+phase+witnesses+be+cross+examined&source=bl&ots=ARtI2ssYba&sig=ESGSQeZZwoI_x5MkPiUnyJGXEf4&hl=en&ei=3nEoTYbCFMP-8AaLxoXIAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

This starts on page 87, chapter 9, if the link does not take you directly there.  

It is stated that the defense, for strategic reasons, may not give an opening statement until the prosecution has given their opening statement and  presented all of it's evidence.  I see this happening in this case.  moo

I already know the defense's opening statement........" Uh, uh, my papers are here somewhere that say why KC should not be found guilty. Let me see, uh, uh, there really is no reason to put her to death since she only threw her baby away in the woods to rot with bugs. uh, uh, you know, you know...........

Then, it will be Jar's turn, who will say HE WAS NOT THERE THAT DAY. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »

Ah yes but he was around to give an opinion that she was in essence guilty & this defense (before he flip flopped to sign on) will have to fight to keep her alive as we all witnessed in that interview.

Then, it will be Jar's turn, who will say HE WAS NOT THERE THAT DAY. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »

The monkey laugh is my comment above ^^  goofed in the posting

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.