March 28, 2024, 03:47:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 158714 times)
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #680 on: January 09, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »

I was reading some comments before off of a few articles on the Orlando something newspaper, where a certain few people keep posting who think Casey is innocent.  Someone else had said that a certain somebody was seen posting on a blog that is favorable to Jose Baez and Casey, calling the judge biased or wahtever.  But that got me looking for blogs that are favorable to Casey and Bozo, and I can't find any.

Anybody know of any pro-Duhfense blogs or places to read up at.  I feel like hitting my head on the wall while I read them for a while. 

lol doesnt that speak volumnes about her.

it sure does.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: January 09, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »

I'm sure he's been advised to just pay the sanction. Whether he listens or not remains to be seen, but I think even he knows he's skating on thin ice.

Who would advise hiM?  He does not seem to listen to anybody.

lol correct!! he had the best of the best on his team before mason and he has refused constructive criticism! his ego is going to be the downfall of his career. 
Baez and casey went up the hill
casey fell down
and baez  lost her  appeal.

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: January 09, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »

I just wonder if it could be an issue for appeal.  That the judge that tried the indightment stage, tried the entire case, is that considered some type of conflict of interest? 
I was wondering how he was the one selected to take JS's place. I'm sure the indictment was taken in to account, and maybe it was in his favor as he was up to speed on the case due to him being the judge at that time.  IDK but sure would like to know why he was the one selected.  If Baez thinks he can go there, conflict of interest, no doubt he'll try.  I say LOL!

I don't know where or when I heard/read about Judge Perry taking Casey's case, BUT, I think he decided to take it himself after checking the calendars of all the judges.....he had the lightest schedule.
JP being the indictment judge is not a conflict of interest.

I hope not. 

Another question I had, you know how they keep the jurors sometimes on lockdown, can't read news papers, listen to news, etc., is a judge allowed to red the news, etc.  I guess they need to keep their opinions to themselves and try to be partial, but I am sure they form opinions.  NO?  How do judges keep themselves from being brought up on appeal for partiality?  I am not saying this judge is partial, but with all the denials, I am getting worred some other defense laywer down the road might try to get a retrial based on the judge being partial to the prosecution. 

I wish any defense attorney luck with that with all the sarcasm I can muster, it doesnt matter how many denials there are so long as they are based on precedent, applicable to the law.  I have all the faith in CJBP that he is making sure that nothing he says or does gives the defense an inkling to base an appeal.   The defense will have to look under another rock because this one is planted firm 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: January 09, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »

I just wonder if it could be an issue for appeal.  That the judge that tried the indightment stage, tried the entire case, is that considered some type of conflict of interest? 
I was wondering how he was the one selected to take JS's place. I'm sure the indictment was taken in to account, and maybe it was in his favor as he was up to speed on the case due to him being the judge at that time.  IDK but sure would like to know why he was the one selected.  If Baez thinks he can go there, conflict of interest, no doubt he'll try.  I say LOL!

Basically in a word, no.   I would venture to say that when Judge Strickland went to CJBP with Bozo's accusation that they both discussed that it bordered merit but Bozo just didnt realize what he asked for, I wish I had been a fly on the wall in chambers.  He oversees all other judges & makes the assignments in that circuit so he would have been kept abreast of the case regardless.  These same judges go to him for guidance & a review of the law when needed in the process of making their rulings, so the bottom line is he's the head huncho.   IMHO,the only thing I can see that would reverse CJBP rulings would be if he overtly "ruled from the bench" which means he adjudicated of his own principles & not the law or showed an undue prejudice from this point forward, not happening.   Bozo doesnt stand a snowball's chance in H getting the judge's sanction reversed much less anything else...on the other hand Bozo has been dangerously close to getting more sanctions for misconduct or flat out removal so he should learn to cut his losses & zip it....he wont & I expect him getting slapped further in the future.

Hi Capp
I was wondering if  you think that JP would make a complaint to the bar about baez and his ethics/lack of respect for the court and  zilch proffesionalism? If I recall right! JS turned him into the bar(strickland JS) and perhaps this is what set baez on a mission to get rid of JS. Could he have perhaps gotten arrogant over the fact that he was able to acomplish such. I dont see baez having any boundaries or concerns for anyone other than himself. His motives are always are  with his interest and not that of casey or anyone else. Clearly he should have never been left to be lead in this case. I dont think we will be seeing much of that anymore! I think he will be a model for what should have never happened.

So if I dont make sense  sorry.

but JP is in power to report ! him and I  DONT THINK !!!  that its to far fetched ?
what  do you think/infer?

It is not out of the realm of possibilities, I'll put it that way.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: January 09, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »

I don't know where or when I heard/read about Judge Perry taking Casey's case, BUT, I think he decided to take it himself after checking the calendars of all the judges.....he had the lightest schedule.

I hope not. 

Another question I had, you know how they keep the jurors sometimes on lockdown, can't read news papers, listen to news, etc., is a judge allowed to red the news, etc.  I guess they need to keep their opinions to themselves and try to be partial, but I am sure they form opinions.  NO?  How do judges keep themselves from being brought up on appeal for partiality?  I am not saying this judge is partial, but with all the denials, I am getting worred some other defense laywer down the road might try to get a retrial based on the judge being partial to the prosecution. 

I wish any defense attorney luck with that with all the sarcasm I can muster, it doesnt matter how many denials there are so long as they are based on precedent, applicable to the law.  I have all the faith in CJBP that he is making sure that nothing he says or does gives the defense an inkling to base an appeal.   The defense will have to look under another rock because this one is planted firm 

I guess I just do not watch enough court Tv.  When Bozo and co. argue a motion, the hardly ever mention case law.  They talk about this blog and that blog and about people with "felonious" acts and "liers" and "leaking" stuff, so really JP has nothing to go on.  He has no case law, in their motions, to base his denials on.  I might be saying what I mean wrong.  I am sure in most other cases, there is not all this bogus stuff going on, and I guess I just worry somehow JP will get buried in all the carp and slip one day and just deny on emotion or just because he can and bozo is stupid, LOL.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: January 09, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »

Oh Capp ... Need your reassurance!  She can't get off for inadequate counsel?   Pre-trial or Post-trial?  They can't plea out at the last minute?  Baez isn't outfoxing everyone is he? 

I feel so invested in this!  Need Casey found guilty!  And honestly, need Cindy and Lee found guilty of obstruction of justice before I'll be completely happy! 

While Ive never personally claimed to be a highly regarded legal authority, I'll give a simple response based on what I've observed during my working years & knowledge I've ascertained along the way.  I'd safely bet that Casey has little to no grounds to claim after conviction that she had inadequate counsel.  For one, there is a team in place even if one is found to have been incompetent and/or been removed for misconduct.  Secondly, she is CHOOSING to keep her lead attorney even after witnessing for herself that he was admonished & sanctioned.   If she is even contemplating it now, she better move fast pre-trial with adequate grounds because on average judges do not grant a change in counsel easily or lightly.   If that were to occur pre-trial then another lead would catch up after asking for a continuance & represent her which would make "inadequate counsel" pretty much moot but would most likely cause a brief delay in the trial starting as scheduled.   During trial it is rarely granted & often seen as a ploy to delay the trial so if a judge were to grant a change in counsel it would have to be established to be something rather egregious at which point another lead attorney would be assigned with or without the rest of the team in place followed by a continuance before the trial would proceed.   A judge does not have to grant a change in counsel merely because the defendant desires one at this point, it has to be something rather legally significant.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #686 on: January 09, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »

Oh Capp ... Need your reassurance!  She can't get off for inadequate counsel?   Pre-trial or Post-trial?  They can't plea out at the last minute?  Baez isn't outfoxing everyone is he? 

I feel so invested in this!  Need Casey found guilty!  And honestly, need Cindy and Lee found guilty of obstruction of justice before I'll be completely happy! 

While Ive never personally claimed to be a highly regarded legal authority, I'll give a simple response based on what I've observed during my working years & knowledge I've ascertained along the way.  I'd safely bet that Casey has little to no grounds to claim after conviction that she had inadequate counsel.  For one, there is a team in place even if one is found to have been incompetent and/or been removed for misconduct.  Secondly, she is CHOOSING to keep her lead attorney even after witnessing for herself that he was admonished & sanctioned.   If she is even contemplating it now, she better move fast pre-trial with adequate grounds because on average judges do not grant a change in counsel easily or lightly.   If that were to occur pre-trial then another lead would catch up after asking for a continuance & represent her which would make "inadequate counsel" pretty much moot but would most likely cause a brief delay in the trial starting as scheduled.   During trial it is rarely granted & often seen as a ploy to delay the trial so if a judge were to grant a change in counsel it would have to be established to be something rather egregious at which point another lead attorney would be assigned with or without the rest of the team in place followed by a continuance before the trial would proceed.   A judge does not have to grant a change in counsel merely because the defendant desires one at this point, it has to be something rather legally significant.

I keep forgetting this simplet fact Capp.  She could, at any time have said I want a new attorney, so thanks, you made me feel better. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: January 09, 2011, 07:34:59 PM »

I keep forgetting this simplet fact Capp.  She could, at any time have said I want a new attorney, so thanks, you made me feel better. 

Glad it helped Zoo & to make you laugh a bit, its not a judge's job to give an adult defendant not deemed to be insane a brain 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 09, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »

I hope not. 

I guess I just do not watch enough court Tv.  When Bozo and co. argue a motion, the hardly ever mention case law.  They talk about this blog and that blog and about people with "felonious" acts and "liers" and "leaking" stuff, so really JP has nothing to go on.  He has no case law, in their motions, to base his denials on.  I might be saying what I mean wrong.  I am sure in most other cases, there is not all this bogus stuff going on, and I guess I just worry somehow JP will get buried in all the carp and slip one day and just deny on emotion or just because he can and bozo is stupid, LOL.

Absolutely right, Bozo & the rest of the clowns in court have relied more on their pompous "tudes," wild accusations & blatant finger pointing against innocent people rather than arguing applicable case law that established precedent.   Hint for the future, if not observed readily already, when CJBP begins to grin like a Cheshire cat & starts rocking in his chair, his mind is made up & its not favourable to the arguing counsel.    When he poses a question to counsel with one eye tweaked upward & his chin tucked down, its another sign that he knows he's being fed poppycock & with merit knows what his ruling will be already.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: January 09, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »

I hope not. 

Absolutely right, Bozo & the rest of the clowns in court have relied more on their pompous "tudes," wild accusations & blatant finger pointing against innocent people rather than arguing applicable case law that established precedent.   Hint for the future, if not observed readily already, when CJBP begins to grin like a Cheshire cat & starts rocking in his chair, his mind is made up & its not favourable to the arguing counsel.    When he poses a question to counsel with one eye tweaked upward & his chin tucked down, its another sign that he knows he's being fed poppycock & with merit knows what his ruling will be already.

I have noticed his grinning, and I swear his face reads BS, as bozo is going on and on, but have not noticed the rocking.  I will have to go rewatch a few hearings. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: January 09, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »

snipped from Capps quote above^^^

yep! quite right Cappys! have noticed this about the Judge...also he starts bouncing his leg..you can see the chair moving!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: January 09, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

yep! quite right Cappys! have noticed this about the Judge...also he starts bouncing his leg..you can see the chair moving!

Hey hey Cookie!   Yea, he does.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: January 09, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »

I have also noticed the bouncing legs.  He's kinda cute with all these mannerisms he has. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: January 09, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »

I was reading some comments before off of a few articles on the Orlando something newspaper, where a certain few people keep posting who think Casey is innocent.  Someone else had said that a certain somebody was seen posting on a blog that is favorable to Jose Baez and Casey, calling the judge biased or wahtever.  But that got me looking for blogs that are favorable to Casey and Bozo, and I can't find any.

Anybody know of any pro-Duhfense blogs or places to read up at.  I feel like hitting my head on the wall while I read them for a while. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 09, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »

I have also noticed the bouncing legs.  He's kinda cute with all these mannerisms he has. 

I'm in love with his smile.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: January 09, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-jose-baez-outside-depth-20110107,0,6720421.story
Can José Baez rise to the challenge of Casey Anthony case?
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

6:28 p.m. EST, January 8, 2011
For almost as long as the Casey Anthony murder case has been a part of the public awareness, there have been murmurs about her attorney José Baez's handling of the case.

They're all variations on the same theme: that Baez, a defense lawyer with limited experience working on perhaps one of the most visible local murder cases, is swimming in waters — and taking on legal challenges — beyond his depth.

For many, the latest but most vivid example to support this lingering suspicion came nearly one week ago when Chief Judge Belvin Perry struck Baez with a sanction for a "willful" violation of his court order to share expert-witness discovery with prosecutors.

Defense lawyers and legal scholars familiar with the Casey Anthony case say sharing discovery in Florida is like "Criminal Law 101," helping ensure there is no "trial by ambush." Following a judge's repeated orders, meanwhile, is even more fundamental, something readily understood by lawyers and nonlawyers alike.

William Sheaffer, a criminal-defense attorney and media analyst well-versed in the Casey Anthony case, said the judge's punishment last week "doesn't speak well of Baez on a professional level."

"There is a valid criticism — and it was certainly reflected by the court's ruling — by attorneys, the judges, law professors …," Sheaffer said, that Baez "is inexperienced, perhaps has some hubris that's not warranted and that, more importantly, he has failed to rise to the challenge of representation of this client and the most serious charge one could face."

Anthony, 24, is scheduled to go to trial in May for first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She faces the death penalty if convicted.
Sheaffer and other attorneys interviewed for this article say the verdict is still out on Baez. Legal-ethics scholar Bob Jarvis, a professor at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, said Baez might pull off a real-life "My Cousin Vinny."

He was referring to the 1992 Joe Pesci film in which a rookie lawyer from Brooklyn exonerates his young cousin and his friend in a Deep South murder case.

"Baez may manage to pull out a victory from the jaws of defeat," Jarvis said. "Until a trial is done, it's too early to call winners and losers."

Baez, 42, would not directly answer questions about the sanction or other concerns raised by the attorneys and legal scholars watching this case.

Previous concerns

Judge Perry's punishment this month was not the first time a judge handling this case has taken action in response to Baez. In March 2009, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, who was then hearing the case, wrote a letter to The Florida Bar about ethical concerns he had about Baez.

The issue involved allegations that Baez directed investigator Dominic Casey to "walk away" if he found Caylee's lifeless body during a 2008 search — and then contact Baez rather than law enforcement.
The judge asked that the matter be investigated as soon as possible, writing that if the Bar punished or suspended Baez, "prompt action will be required on my part."

The Strickland letter and the entire Dominic Casey issue were investigated by a Florida Bar grievance committee and resulted in a finding of no probable cause against Baez, a Bar spokeswoman said last week.

When asked to discuss the Strickland letter, Baez said, "I have been cleared of all Bar complaints filed against me."

In April 2010, Baez argued to have Strickland removed, saying the judge had a "personal relationship" with a blogger critical of Anthony. Strickland dismissed the idea that he was biased against Baez and his client, but ultimately recused himself. He would not comment for this article.

Mixed relations with media

When reached last week to respond to the criticism and the management of the case in light of Perry's sanction, Baez said, "I don't have to answer any questions. Who are you?"

He added, "Do you have something to offer my client? It's a two-way street. … The door is open if you can assist me or my client." He hung up the phone, called back minutes later and said that conversation was off the record. Told that the conversation was not, Baez responded by saying, "You're lying and being unethical."

He threatened to stop discussing the case altogether, an approach he has at various times taken with other Central Florida reporters.

But Baez's relationship with the media was not always so combative.

In fact, other local attorneys say Baez's playing up to the media — especially national organizations — early on in the case demonstrated his inexperience, floating alternative defense theories and directing blame at others.

His moves, they say, inflated the case, earning it more national exposure than it perhaps would have received had he simply focused on the defense or even attempted to work out a plea deal before Caylee's remains were found in December 2008.
"These high-profile cases really are a different animal," said Mark NeJame, who is no stranger to cases that get a lot of media attention. "You really, really have to know how to handle it."

NeJame's one-time representation of Casey Anthony's parents and then Texas EquuSearch has put him at odds with Baez. But it also has made him very familiar with the case.

Meanwhile, Sheaffer, who serves as a legal analyst for WFTV-Channel 9 and comments frequently on the Casey Anthony case, said having the national media court an attorney the way they did Baez "becomes real heady," but it also helps prop up the circus tent that has surrounded this case for more than two years now.

Sheaffer said comparing the Casey Anthony defense to the handling of the James Robert Ward murder case reveals Baez's lack of difficult criminal-defense work and the considerable skills of another veteran attorney with many years of experience, Kirk Kirkconnell.

Ward's case — the shooting death of his wife inside their Isleworth mansion — had all the elements of a media circus, Sheaffer said, but Kirkconnell has managed to keep the case, well, managed.

"Kirkconnell does everything that he should do, and he does it right," said Sheaffer. "Mr. Baez has stepped on land mine after land mine and continues to so do."

In particular, Sheaffer said, Baez appears unwilling or unable to take "criticism in a constructive vein, even from the bench."
Experts mystified

With Perry's recent sanction against Baez, NeJame said, "The judge is simply saying, 'Enough and no way, José.' Ignoring a judge is not an option. Especially ignoring this particular judge is not an option."

That is not to say the defense has sat idle for the past two-plus years. Dozens of defense motions, many attacking media coverage and pre-trial publicity and picking at details that appear to have little impact on the client's defense, now fill a clerk's court file comprised of 16 folders.

Jarvis, the Nova professor, has followed the drama revolving around Baez and asked why a judge hasn't removed him from the case through one of several avenues, including The Florida Bar inquiry sought by Strickland. Beyond that, he asked why Casey Anthony hasn't moved on to another lead attorney.

"It would be fascinating to know, 'Why are you sticking with this guy?' " Jarvis said.

Many in Central Florida's criminal-defense community figured that once veteran and highly experienced attorney Cheney Mason joined the Anthony defense team that Baez would elevate his game and rise to the very serious nature of the case, Sheaffer said.

"That does not, at least at this juncture, appear to be the case," he said. But, he added, the trial has not started yet, and the only people Baez and his team will have to impress are the jurors seated to hear this case.

"My hope is that Mr. Mason has a more prominent role in the trial of this case and or that Mr. Baez at trial again rises to the occasion or is motivated by Mr. Mason's appearance at trial."

Mason did not respond to requests for comment.

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

When reached last week to respond to the criticism and the management of the case in light of Perry's sanction, Baez said, "I don't have to answer any questions. Who are you?"

He added, "Do you have something to offer my client? It's a two-way street. … The door is open if you can assist me or my client." He hung up the phone, called back minutes later and said that conversation was off the record. Told that the conversation was not, Baez responded by saying, "You're lying and being unethical."

He threatened to stop discussing the case altogether, an approach he has at various times taken with other Central Florida reporters.

The first hispanic lawyer to try a high profile case either lost his soother or did not spend enough time in the time out corner.  I will assist you Bobo - they say opposites attact.  I sincerely hope you meet somebody who is intelligent, honest, cultured and attractive.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:57 PM »

I hope not. 

I have noticed his grinning, and I swear his face reads BS, as bozo is going on and on, but have not noticed the rocking.  I will have to go rewatch a few hearings. 

Oh I noticed the rocking and twitching. I thought it was a nervous twitch or he was  ready to atttack.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: January 09, 2011, 09:35:05 PM »

I hope not. 

Oh I noticed the rocking and twitching. I thought it was a nervous twitch or he was  ready to atttack.

P.S
No doubt in my mind that this weekend baez is surfing the net like a maniac escaping from a 5150 hold.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »

The first hispanic to try a case of this magnitude lmao and that backfired on him !! none of  my hispanic culture here  in california support his ass because culture/heritage has nothing to do with those stupid comments of his. The moves  he has made are now a joke on the net.
 Menso menso menso.

Loca
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-jose-baez-outside-depth-20110107,0,6720421.story
Can José Baez rise to the challenge of Casey Anthony case?
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

snipped......

The first hispanic lawyer to try a high profile case either lost his soother or did not spend enough time in the time out corner.  I will assist you Bobo - they say opposites attact.  I sincerely hope you meet somebody who is intelligent, honest, cultured and attractive.

Snipped because that article is so long, but I prob snipped wrong.  Anywho, what could a reporter have to offer his client?  Is he talking money for an interview, is that what Bozo was getting at? 

Actually, it looks like I did the snipping right, woo hoo.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.