April 27, 2024, 02:45:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 159293 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: January 09, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »

snipped from above:
When reached last week to respond to the criticism and the management of the case in light of Perry's sanction, Baez said, "I don't have to answer any questions. Who are you?"

He added, "Do you have something to offer my client? It's a two-way street. … The door is open if you can assist me or my client." He hung up the phone, called back minutes later and said that conversation was off the record. Told that the conversation was not, Baez responded by saying, "You're lying and being unethical."

----------------
He is a legend in his own mind.  I can hear some civil attorneys chomping at his heels.  He will have more lawyer filing suit against him than lies he has told . . . or maybe not as many lies.

Sister- would you please include the link you're quoting even if it's snipped??  I know you feel you had it covered, but sometimes a post will be quoted and so on and it all gets lost and muddled.  Thanks.  Muffy 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:42:37 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: January 09, 2011, 11:46:09 AM »

I just wonder if it could be an issue for appeal.  That the judge that tried the indightment stage, tried the entire case, is that considered some type of conflict of interest? 
I was wondering how he was the one selected to take JS's place. I'm sure the indictment was taken in to account, and maybe it was in his favor as he was up to speed on the case due to him being the judge at that time.  IDK but sure would like to know why he was the one selected.  If Baez thinks he can go there, conflict of interest, no doubt he'll try.  I say LOL!

Basically in a word, no.   I would venture to say that when Judge Strickland went to CJBP with Bozo's accusation that they both discussed that it bordered merit but Bozo just didnt realize what he asked for, I wish I had been a fly on the wall in chambers.  He oversees all other judges & makes the assignments in that circuit so he would have been kept abreast of the case regardless.  These same judges go to him for guidance & a review of the law when needed in the process of making their rulings, so the bottom line is he's the head huncho.   IMHO,the only thing I can see that would reverse CJBP rulings would be if he overtly "ruled from the bench" which means he adjudicated of his own principles & not the law or showed an undue prejudice from this point forward, not happening.   Bozo doesnt stand a snowball's chance in H getting the judge's sanction reversed much less anything else...on the other hand Bozo has been dangerously close to getting more sanctions for misconduct or flat out removal so he should learn to cut his losses & zip it....he wont & I expect him getting slapped further in the future.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: January 09, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »

Andrea Lyons book, Angel of Death Row was just listed on Amazon as a free book for Kindle owners.  Gee, doesn't look like she will make much money with that kind of a deal.   Monkey Devil!

It's a good thing I don't own a Kindle, cause I like free things, and I might have been tempted to get it for free. 

I own a Kindle and I still won't order it even if it is free!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: January 09, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/what-price-does-jose-baez-place-upon-his-dignity/#comments
What Price Does Jose Baez Place Upon His Dignity? 01/09/11

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/01/ex-friends-may-help-save-casey-anthonys-life/
Ex-Friends May Help Save Casey Anthony's Life  01/09/11 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #644 on: January 09, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »

Classic BOZO.

“I don’t have to answer any questions. Who are you?”

He added, “Do you have something to offer my client? It’s a two-way street. … The door is open if you can assist me or my client.” He hung up the phone, called back minutes later and said that conversation was off the record. Told that the conversation was not, Baez responded by saying, “You’re lying and being unethical.”

What is he saying the reporter was lying and being unethical about?  I missed that part.  I loved how he called back.  What a dweeb wonderful defense lawyer.  If you don't want to talk to somebody, you hang up and you don't call back. 

I have something to offer him and his client, and I offer it without any comment, for free.  It can be found on either of my hands.....my middle finger.    

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »

O/T I see you above reading Magic, just wanted to interject I hope you are feeling better

As far as the above question by bullstopper "What price does Jose Baez place upon his dignity?"
http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/what-price-does-jose-baez-place-upon-his-dignity/#comments

He has none, so he couldnt even give it away.

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »

O/T I see you above reading Magic, just wanted to interject I hope you are feeling better

As far as the above question by bullstopper "What price does Jose Baez place upon his dignity?"

Hi Cappy, there is rarely a morning I don't check Caylees, thread.  Thank you so much for asking, I feel much better.  This was one long cold, I am not the only one that had it, my hubby had it, my daughter, her hubby and all 3 grandchildren had it all through Christmas and beyond.  It just seemed to never end.  The only thing I have left is the cough but after what I have been through that is a piece of cake. 

I think the funniest thing about the latest Bozo call is that he hung up and then called back, lol, what a dufus.  I think the only reason Casey keeps him, is that he is the kind of crazy narcissist that Casey is and had her convinced from the beginning that, he and he alone would be able to get her off.  They certainly deserve each other.  She would be better off with the Jar but I don't think she is gonna ever turn her back on Bozo.  They are two of a kind and meant for each other.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #647 on: January 09, 2011, 02:13:56 PM »

I just wonder if it could be an issue for appeal.  That the judge that tried the indightment stage, tried the entire case, is that considered some type of conflict of interest? 
I was wondering how he was the one selected to take JS's place. I'm sure the indictment was taken in to account, and maybe it was in his favor as he was up to speed on the case due to him being the judge at that time.  IDK but sure would like to know why he was the one selected.  If Baez thinks he can go there, conflict of interest, no doubt he'll try.  I say LOL!

I don't know where or when I heard/read about Judge Perry taking Casey's case, BUT, I think he decided to take it himself after checking the calendars of all the judges.....he had the lightest schedule.
JP being the indictment judge is not a conflict of interest.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: January 09, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »

Hi Cappy, there is rarely a morning I don't check Caylees, thread.  Thank you so much for asking, I feel much better.  This was one long cold, I am not the only one that had it, my hubby had it, my daughter, her hubby and all 3 grandchildren had it all through Christmas and beyond.  It just seemed to never end.  The only thing I have left is the cough but after what I have been through that is a piece of cake. 

I think the funniest thing about the latest Bozo call is that he hung up and then called back, lol, what a dufus.  I think the only reason Casey keeps him, is that he is the kind of crazy narcissist that Casey is and had her convinced from the beginning that, he and he alone would be able to get her off.  They certainly deserve each other.  She would be better off with the Jar but I don't think she is gonna ever turn her back on Bozo.  They are two of a kind and meant for each other.

Hugs, Magic 

Spot on Magic & continued wellness to you and yours.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: January 09, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »

I don't know where or when I heard/read about Judge Perry taking Casey's case, BUT, I think he decided to take it himself after checking the calendars of all the judges.....he had the lightest schedule.

I hope not. 

Another question I had, you know how they keep the jurors sometimes on lockdown, can't read news papers, listen to news, etc., is a judge allowed to red the news, etc.  I guess they need to keep their opinions to themselves and try to be partial, but I am sure they form opinions.  NO?  How do judges keep themselves from being brought up on appeal for partiality?  I am not saying this judge is partial, but with all the denials, I am getting worred some other defense laywer down the road might try to get a retrial based on the judge being partial to the prosecution. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: January 09, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »

I still worry that Scott Peterson's verdict will be reversed, based on his stupid dufense team. 

Do I have to worry about that with this case?  Do I have to worry about issues with errors judge may have made or may make?  Please say no.  I really hate the legal system sometimes. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: January 09, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/os-ed-mark-russell-010911-20110107-1,0,5147218.column
Editor takes you behind the scenes in newsroom
Mark Russell ORLANDO SENTINEL EDITOR

12:00 a.m. EST, January 9, 2011
<snipped>
This year will also bring the start of the trial of Casey Anthony, who is charged with murdering her two-year-old daughter. Here's an early look at how we're planning to cover the Anthony case, which has garnered national attention and will draw dozens of national media members to Orlando.

In the weeks leading up to the trial, which is scheduled to begin May 9, the Sentinel will explore the jury-selection process and the likely strategies of both the prosecution and the defense.

And when the trial begins, we will provide gavel-to-gavel coverage. We will have at least two reporters, led by courts reporter Anthony Colarossi, at the Orange County courthouse at all times, providing continuous updates for OrlandoSentinel.com, mobile devices and daily coverage for the print edition.

While we will aggressively cover courtroom proceedings, we will also provide on-the-scene reporting of how the local and national media are covering the Casey Anthony trial, with commentary from television writer Hal Boedeker. We will also send text alerts, along with Facebook and Twitter posts, when something significant happens inside the courtroom.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: January 09, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/01/09/caylee-anthony-case-bock-and-hall-with-bouts-of-folly/
Caylee Anthony Case: Bock and Hall with Bouts of Folly
Posted on January 9, 2011 by JWG

~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: January 09, 2011, 03:50:46 PM »

I still worry that Scott Peterson's verdict will be reversed, based on his stupid dufense team. 

Do I have to worry about that with this case?  Do I have to worry about issues with errors judge may have made or may make?  Please say no.  I really hate the legal system sometimes. 

ZOO
I dont think you have anything to worry about with scott peterson he is there for life and will go no where. wait did he get the dp? either way he is  stuck. just my IMO

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: January 09, 2011, 04:05:20 PM »

Basically in a word, no.   I would venture to say that when Judge Strickland went to CJBP with Bozo's accusation that they both discussed that it bordered merit but Bozo just didnt realize what he asked for, I wish I had been a fly on the wall in chambers.  He oversees all other judges & makes the assignments in that circuit so he would have been kept abreast of the case regardless.  These same judges go to him for guidance & a review of the law when needed in the process of making their rulings, so the bottom line is he's the head huncho.   IMHO,the only thing I can see that would reverse CJBP rulings would be if he overtly "ruled from the bench" which means he adjudicated of his own principles & not the law or showed an undue prejudice from this point forward, not happening.   Bozo doesnt stand a snowball's chance in H getting the judge's sanction reversed much less anything else...on the other hand Bozo has been dangerously close to getting more sanctions for misconduct or flat out removal so he should learn to cut his losses & zip it....he wont & I expect him getting slapped further in the future.

Hi Capp
I was wondering if  you think that JP would make a complaint to the bar about baez and his ethics/lack of respect for the court and  zilch proffesionalism? If I recall right! JS turned him into the bar(strickland JS) and perhaps this is what set baez on a mission to get rid of JS. Could he have perhaps gotten arrogant over the fact that he was able to acomplish such. I dont see baez having any boundaries or concerns for anyone other than himself. His motives are always are  with his interest and not that of casey or anyone else. Clearly he should have never been left to be lead in this case. I dont think we will be seeing much of that anymore! I think he will be a model for what should have never happened.

So if I dont make sense  sorry.

but JP is in power to report ! him and I  DONT THINK !!!  that its to far fetched ?
what  do you think/infer?

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: January 09, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »

snipped from above:
When reached last week to respond to the criticism and the management of the case in light of Perry's sanction, Baez said, "I don't have to answer any questions. Who are you?"

He added, "Do you have something to offer my client? It's a two-way street. … The door is open if you can assist me or my client." He hung up the phone, called back minutes later and said that conversation was off the record. Told that the conversation was not, Baez responded by saying, "You're lying and being unethical."

----------------
He is a legend in his own mind.  I can hear some civil attorneys chomping at his heels.  He will have more lawyer filing suit against him than lies he has told . . . or maybe not as many lies.

Sister- would you please include the link you're quoting even if it's snipped??  I know you feel you had it covered, but sometimes a post will be quoted and so on and it all gets lost and muddled.  Thanks.  Muffy 

Sister
I agree with your post.
You know this man is a raging lunatic and truly needs to be disbarred before he  breaks record in filling up death row for the state of florida.  He just spits venom and  evil! I hope there are civil actions against him he needs  to go  elsewhere to find work and not legal work!
He cannot force people to  support casey. He surely is cutting his own throat by making enemies with the media. If no one agrees with him he lashs out. I think judge perry will report his ethics/lack of to the bar!  I didnt know JP was the judge when they had the indictment come down on casey. I am  refreshed  in my belief and faith that JP  is the one.   Baez cannot destroy everyone that doesnt agree with him and especialy the honorable JP.
so he was worried about the reporter asking him questions and wanted it off the record ! and look who is  calling the kettle black(he) is  the one that  lacks  integrity/ethics etc etc.

thanks JP  because finaly !!
we are cooking with gas!!
as my late motherinlaw used to say!!

Loca
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: January 09, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »

It's their job to be impartial, although I see your point that they're human and would have an opinion.
The judge has to making his rulings according to the law, and unless they're corrupt (which Perry is not) , that's what guides their rulings. Also, the jury is the entity that finds the defendant guilty or innocent, not the judge.

He's denying the motions because they are not sound according to the law, and I don't think his rulings would be reversed if they were challenged.

I hope not. 

Another question I had, you know how they keep the jurors sometimes on lockdown, can't read news papers, listen to news, etc., is a judge allowed to red the news, etc.  I guess they need to keep their opinions to themselves and try to be partial, but I am sure they form opinions.  NO?  How do judges keep themselves from being brought up on appeal for partiality?  I am not saying this judge is partial, but with all the denials, I am getting worred some other defense laywer down the road might try to get a retrial based on the judge being partial to the prosecution. 

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: January 09, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »

It's their job to be impartial, although I see your point that they're human and would have an opinion.
The judge has to making his rulings according to the law, and unless they're corrupt (which Perry is not) , that's what guides their rulings. Also, the jury is the entity that finds the defendant guilty or innocent, not the judge.

He's denying the motions because they are not sound according to the law, and I don't think his rulings would be reversed if they were challenged.

Sorry, got in your quote somehow, Zoo.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: January 09, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »

snipped from above:

----------------

Sister
I agree with your post.
You know this man is a raging lunatic and truly needs to be disbarred before he  breaks record in filling up death row for the state of florida.  He just spits venom and  evil! I hope there are civil actions against him he needs  to go  elsewhere to find work and not legal work!
He cannot force people to  support casey. He surely is cutting his own throat by making enemies with the media. If no one agrees with him he lashs out. I think judge perry will report his ethics/lack of to the bar!  I didnt know JP was the judge when they had the indictment come down on casey. I am  refreshed  in my belief and faith that JP  is the one.   Baez cannot destroy everyone that doesnt agree with him and especialy the honorable JP.
so he was worried about the reporter asking him questions and wanted it off the record ! and look who is  calling the kettle black(he) is  the one that  lacks  integrity/ethics etc etc.

thanks JP  because finaly !!
we are cooking with gas!!
as my late motherinlaw used to say!!

If anything  baez's ill actions may have prompted the honorable JP to do a lil research on him and whamo!! there you see the florida bar's actions against baez
the times he was denied entry. Speaks volumes all the same. Just a pig in a suit.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »

Sorry, got in your quote somehow, Zoo.

Hiya curly
how are you? I like your post.  I think baez will try! but he has no support from other attorneys he is a man  rowing without a paddle. helo baez stop while your ahead idiot. dont piss JP off!! or you may be selling bekinis  to your friends gerlado and jane velez!! in puerto rico.

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.