March 28, 2024, 11:14:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal Aliens, OWI/DWI in America, & Self Deportation  (Read 1763 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »

There are frequently calls for deporting all folks here illegally, and others who suggest it would be impossible or overly expensive to deport all those folks.  Think of the $$$?  Think of the human capital needed (a new jobs bill perhaps)?  Broken families?

Sometimes, American parents do bad things - like driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.  Wisconsin is frequently in the news - most corner taverns, most OWI...

When someone in Wisconsin goes OWI, and to jail, no one screams about breaking up the family.  No one screams about racism, or the human capital and money needed to send these folks to jail, or sentence them to community service/weekend lockup.  No one worries about the families these folks may leave behind.

Does the family lose their home?  Apartment?  Does the individual lose their job? 

Over the years, I've seen lots of different kind of outcomes.  No one ever seems to complain about breaking up families.  Even, when the police knock on the door and take someone from the home in the middle of the night.

Contrast this to how the government and media portray the plight of illegal aliens.  You're breaking up families, separating children from their parents...

Double standard based on immigration status?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »

* There were more than 44,000 convictions for drunken driving offenses in Wisconsin last year.

Deadly:

* Alcohol-related crashes killed 238 people in Wisconsin and injured nearly 4,000 in
* Approximately, 45 percent of all fatal traffic crashes in Wisconsin in 2009 were alcohol-related.
* Last year, 40 percent of all fatal motorcycle crashes in Wisconsin were alcohol-related.

If there are 10 million illegal aliens, and 50 states, that's 200,000 per state.  I imagine some state will have more, some states will have less.

In Wisconsin, there were 40,000 CONVICTIONS last year for drunken driving offenses.  How many were identified?  Pulled over?  Charged, but not convicted? 

If Wisconsin can convict forty thousand in one year, for one category of offense, I imagine 200,000, not all adult, would be doable.  How many stops to get the 40,000 convictions?  Court cases?

Expensive and embarrassing:

* Choosing to drive while impaired by alcohol or other drugs could be a decision you'll regret the rest of your life.
    * If you're arrested, you can lose your license as well as a huge amount of money.
    * Repeat drunken driving offenders face imprisonment.
    * If you hurt or kill someone in a crash you could face extremely serious charges, like negligent homicide or operating while intoxicated (OWI) causing injury.
    * Refuse a blood/breath alcohol concentration (BAC) test and you will lose your license on the spot for at least one year and you may have your car impounded.
    * Wisconsin recently strengthened its impaired driving laws to include mandatory installation of ignition interlock devices on all vehicles owned by anyone convicted of first offense operating while intoxicated (OWI) with an alcohol content of 0.15 or higher as well as second or subsequent offense OWI.
    * If you drive drunk with a child under age 16 in the vehicle, the penalties will double.
    * If you have two prior drunken driving convictions and have a BAC over 0.17, the penalties are multiplied.

Why don't they arrest people for being here illegally?

If folks can lose a license or car for refusing a BAC test, why aren't there penalties for illegal aliens that refuse to show proof of identity?  Drivers license?  Auto insurance?  Immigration status?

read more here - http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/motorist/drunkdriving/index.htm

Double standard?  Racial bias?  Immigration status bias?

Why do illegal aliens get a free ride?  The only ride citizens seem to get in similar circumstances is a free ride in a police car.

just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »

Self deportation.

Over time, I've known of many that move to make a fresh start, in a new community.  Sometimes, in rural places, it's not enough to move to the next county because folks may know everybody, may be distantly related, or gossip travels.

These folks may pack of their families and move to another state.  They do this of their own free will, it's a fresh start and an opportunity to do better. 

Why does it seem like Washington is white washing the illegal aliens, their voting records, unregistered Social Security records, tax problems, etc.?   Ignores the driving records, OWI, tax records...?

Why aren't those here illegally treated in the same fashion as citizens and those here legally?

If illegal aliens were treated like citizens, how many would choose to self deport?  Return to their country of origin or some other place? 

It seems like the illegal crowd gets welfare, and is never accountable for the damage they do - two classes of citizens.  The Washington elite and the rest of us...

If illegal aliens apply for welfare, why not change the paradigm and believe they must be self-supporting and therefore not eligible for welfare programs?

Why not secure the Social Security database of numbers and block tax refunds for bogus and 'unregistered' numbers?

There is so much Washington and the mega-beast of government could do to level the play field...they choose to put illegal aliens ahead of everyone else.

just my humble opinions.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.