April 24, 2024, 11:56:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardinal to Pope: 'Antichrist is Pacifist, Ecologist, Ecumen  (Read 2077 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 05, 2007, 12:16:49 AM »

This is a religious message with a political theme.  I am posting mostly for Catholics but of course, all are welcome to read.  Interesting.
------------

Cardinal to Pope: 'Antichrist is Pacifist, Ecologist, Ecumenist'

Bottom Line Up Front:  Cardinal at the Vatican told the Pope and others that the antichirst is a pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist.

In a meditation preached during the Lenten Retreat for Vatican leaders this week, the outspoken Italian Cardinal Giacomo Biffi warned Pope Benedict XVI Excesses of ecumenism and a tendency of some Catholics to promote vague spiritual goals, rather than stressing the centrality of Christ’s Sacrifice.

“The Antichrist presents himself as a pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist. He convokes an ecumenical council and seeks the consensus of all the Christian confessions, conceding something to each one.”

“The crowds follow him, except for tiny groups of Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants. Chased by the Antichrist, they tell him, ‘You have given us everything except for the one thing that interests us, Jesus Christ.”

“Today, we run the risk of having a Christianity that puts Jesus with his cross resurrection into parentheses. The teaching that the great Russian philosopher left us is that Christianity cannot be reduced to a set of values. At the heart of being a Christian is the personal encounter with Jesus Christ.”

“There are absolute values such as the good, the true and the beautiful. One who perceives them and loves them also loves Christ, even if he does not know it, because Christ is the truth, beauty and justice.”

“There also are relative values such as solidarity, love for peace and respect for nature. If these are given an absolute value or uprooted from or placed in opposition to the proclamation of the fact of salvation, then they become the basis for idolatry and are obstacles on the path to salvation.”

Ouch! “The antichrist presents himself as a pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist.” In other words, he’ll be against all war and conflict, an environmentalist and so inclusive with Christianity that a watered-down, diluted version is what will remain.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, Cardinal!

Trackback URL:  
http://amyproctor.squarespace.com/blog/trackback/942455

I think this is timely given the current political climate of placing the environment above not only God but also man, the reverse order of the universe.

And note the warning about pacifists.  I will never understand those who whenever they see a child in a war zone such as Iraq automatically assume our troops are responsible.  More care has been taken to avoid the loss of civilian life and injury to them than in any other military conflict in history and yet we have those just too sensitive to bear the sight of a child wounded in war so it must be the Americans who did it.

The vast majority of injuries to civilians have come at the hands of various factions infighting but still we have those who will contend that they are opposed to this particular conflict because of the toll on children.

They don't have much to say about the children who were killed by Saddam in his purges of the Kurds or even as punishment of his political opponents.  Whole bus loads of children along with their mothers were driven into the desert and buried alive but because we do not see their faces, it's as though that kind of thing never happened.

Also, I do believe the Cardinal is onto something because note the correlation between pacifists and those who are pro-abortion as they are usually both of the liberal persuasion.  It is really sad that they don't have the same compassion for a baby in this country that they do one half way around the world and that their sympathies stop at the border.

Given the advances in embryology and the fact pediatricians beg for pain meds for the unborn enduring this most awful of deaths, religion aside, one would think some shred of concern could be mustered for these babies as well but then, that wouldn't get votes in the next election and in fact might cost the DNC their core support.  And it's hard to blame on Bush.

It's one thing to enact abortion on demand and proceed to kill untold numbers of innocent babies in this manner but quite another to force the rest of us to participate by making it tax funded.  No one has the right to put the blood of these babies on my hands via their forced laws and taxation, both of which have no basis in the Constitution.  It is a violation of my rights and freedom of religion.  As long as this monstrosity continues in this country, I don't want to hear one word of concern from the left about the children in Iraq.  Or any children at all.  And as long as I am forced to finance this, I don't see much hope of congeniality while my rights are violated in this manner.

And the ecumenists, those who contend that one religion is equal to another---now where do we hear that so often?  Coming from the left in this country, of course.  No, Christianity does not tell us to kill anybody and is not the moral equivalent of the radical form of Islam with which we are not being confronted daily.  

And there is ample evidence of Biblical support for waging war.  Christ said he came not to bring peace but to divide us for this leads to the taking of sides of good and evil.

So we have been warned to look for pacifists and environmentalists who contend all cultures and religions as equal for these are the current day antichirsts.  Hummm. . . . . I just happen to know where there are several of those gathered and unfortunately, its in the US Congress.

New word for the day:

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.