April 26, 2024, 03:49:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199718 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »

I think that as long as we are discussing these cases and on the internet, it keeps these tragic stories on peoples minds. The worse possible thing to me is when a family has a loved one that has gone missing and the case has gone cold with LE. Everyday people eventually lose interest in the story and then it is just the family and friends who are left with no resolution and no more attention being paid to the case. Whether we agree with what happened or not, I really feel that we are contributing by discussing all possibilities and keeping these missing loved ones names and faces out there. JMO
Agreed, but I have been basically talking about the ones that cause trouble like Joy Wray, and when the police have to take time to check things out, not just discussing cases. Most people know their boundaries.

Hi Norose,
I do not know who Joy Wray is, but if that person is sending LE on a wild goose chase, than that is terrible. I would also like to add that there are those that pretend that they have information and use that information for attention. I have read over and over where people tell Lindsey Baum's mother that they have information and then they will not give it to her. Then there are the pretend psychics that send family members all over the country on bogus preminitions. It is all heartbreaking!
No not this case, she caused a lot of trouble in Caylee Anthony's case, way beyond one's imagination.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »

I remember when I was cybersleuthing for Amber Dubois and someone referred me to the Doe network. Nothing brings these cases crashing down on you like the Doe network. It was a big horrible slap in the face. Some of the photos are morgue photos. Hundreds of unidentified people. The children are the most heartbreaking. A child goes missing and a body is found and NO ONE REPORTS IT? Thank goodness for DNA and all of the people out there volunteering to help give these unidentified human beings names! Sometimes more time is spent trying to locate a missing pet than a person. Not to take away from pets (I have many and love them all) but I think you know what I mean.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »

One thing I do not understand about this "new" world we live in is why anyone who might really have info on a serious criminal case would ever think it was a good idea to discuss it on anonymous websites. Or what thrill someone gets by saying they have inside info to a bunch of strangers behind computers.

It is one thing to discuss a case and quite another to force one's way into it. People have talked about murder cases, etc. since the dawn of time.

LE has a whole other ballgame to contend with these days.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »

Discussing and having opinions on cases is one thing, when people are causing trouble and interfering with investigations, lying, attention seekers who just have to insert because their lives are empty, and having cryptic statements and fighting with each other, how does that help anyone? This is happening in so many cases, and one has to wonder where some of these people are posting from, I have a good idea what facility some are posting from.

IMO it usually hurts everyone.

I had to laugh out loud at your last phrase. LOL

"I have a good idea what facility some are posting from."

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »

One thing I do not understand about this "new" world we live in is why anyone who might really have info on a serious criminal case would ever think it was a good idea to discuss it on anonymous websites. Or what thrill someone gets by saying they have inside info to a bunch of strangers behind computers.

It is one thing to discuss a case and quite another to force one's way into it. People have talked about murder cases, etc. since the dawn of time.

This is true bebecat, but the flip side to this is that LE also can glean a whole lot of information with the click of a mouse.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »

Discussing and having opinions on cases is one thing, when people are causing trouble and interfering with investigations, lying, attention seekers who just have to insert because their lives are empty, and having cryptic statements and fighting with each other, how does that help anyone? This is happening in so many cases, and one has to wonder where some of these people are posting from, I have a good idea what facility some are posting from.

IMO it usually hurts everyone.

I had to laugh out loud at your last phrase. LOL

Well we did with Joy. I agree it hurts everyone.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »

This is true bebecat, but the flip side to this is that LE also can glean a whole lot of information with the click of a mouse.
True, but I'm betting most of the time it is just loons with no info. And how many people through the years like to go and admit too a crime they never did?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »

Quit talking about me ! ! !
lol
over and out the door, day pass afternoon.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

CBS may have info as she knows the step mother of TH's child.  There is background there for sure.

But nothing we are going to be privy to I am sure.  I think CBS lives in or by Roseburg, so I bet she has heard and knows some stuff.  Who knows if it is anything of import though.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »

Quit talking about me ! ! !
lol
over and out the door, day pass afternoon.
You know what I mean, and over and over in case after case.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »

It's sort of funny that Tom Jones thinks that DeDe and DeDe's Mom and the Mom's best friend are all posting here all the time.  He accuses posters GLP and SoCal's site, too, as being what he "thinks" they are based on an posting or two that puts his immagination into motion.  He's has to apologize, too, for making wrong assumptions. 

Klaas has told us several times that there are over a 1000 (believe I have that right) people wanting to get on SM and she doesn't have time to check them all out...and for DeDe and Mom and Friend to all be posting on here, they would have basically had to be posters long before the Kyron case came to be. 

I think it's just Tom's imagination running away with him.

... or he's trying to discredit people/sites.  That's what I suspect, and it's what I suspected when he started in on No Rose as being Dede's mom.  Just silliness, really. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »

It's sort of funny that Tom Jones thinks that DeDe and DeDe's Mom and the Mom's best friend are all posting here all the time.  He accuses posters GLP and SoCal's site, too, as being what he "thinks" they are based on an posting or two that puts his immagination into motion.  He's has to apologize, too, for making wrong assumptions. 

Klaas has told us several times that there are over a 1000 (believe I have that right) people wanting to get on SM and she doesn't have time to check them all out...and for DeDe and Mom and Friend to all be posting on here, they would have basically had to be posters long before the Kyron case came to be. 

I think it's just Tom's imagination running away with him.

... or he's trying to discredit people/sites.  That's what I suspect, and it's what I suspected when he started in on No Rose as being Dede's mom.  Just silliness, really. 
That sure could be it, just trying to discredit people/sites. Makes no sense to me at all.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »

Sheesh this thread had moved fast .. so no time to really catch up right now ... but since Saints are losing and Colts haven't started yet ...

I thought I'd clear a few things up ...

I am DD ... and Her Mother ... and Her Mother's Bestie ...

AND

LUKE ... I AM YOUR FATHER!

(sorry - sometimes every thread needs a little levity)

See ya monks!  Go Colts!   

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »

I feel sorry for LE if they have to read everything on the internet in hopes of some real info, which I doubt very much they would find.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2011, 04:42:27 PM »

I feel sorry for LE if they have to read everything on the internet in hopes of some real info, which I doubt very much they would find.

I agree. The Internet is a mixed blessing for LE. The technology has allowed them to find information from suspects' computers. But there are so many blogs, websites, etc. with wrong information out there they have to look at as well.

It's a new world for LE, I suppose.

Joni97103
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2011, 05:16:30 PM »

I gotta say...after checking out some of Chana's posts on the anti-page, and what she has posted so far on her blog, she sincerely gives me a creepy feeling.  She alludes to CBS that she has screen shots of emails and PM's that CBS has sent to other people.  That, along with supposedly having all kinds of stuff on that Danielle Carter.  My God, does she sit there all day and look for incriminating (or hinky) stuff and make & store screen shots? Obsessed, a bit?   If CBS or DC had communicated privately with others, the other people had to have sent screen shots to Chana for her to have access to the info.   Just weird, and the more they post, the weirder it gets.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2011, 05:28:23 PM »

The Flow of Info?

Flow of info unusual in missing boy's case 
Share By MAXINE BERNSTEIN, The Oregonian
Story Published: Aug 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM PST
Story Updated: Aug 23, 2010 at 6:51 AM PST

Oregon's ethics rules for lawyers prohibit prosecutors from making statements about an investigation if they're likely to be disseminated widely and be prejudicial, meaning they would make it harder for the accused to get a fair trial, Lininger said. But Oregon's ethics rules don't clearly regulate the indirect disclosure of information to the public, via the victim's family, he said.

Frankly, legal observers say, Kyron's parents are making public statements that the police cannot.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young have been briefed regularly by Multnomah County sheriff's investigators and prosecutors since their son went missing June 4 from Skyline School. And they have shared some of what they've learned in interviews, at news conferences and in written statements.

They made a public plea for Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators, spoke about Terri's polygraph exams and results, and also issued a written statement about Terri Horman's friend DeDe Spicher, saying she had impeded the investigation and urging her to cooperate.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/101271459.html

Briefings

July 15: Kaine Horman Answers Questions From FOX 12
POSTED: 7:23 am PDT July 16, 2010
UPDATED: 7:26 am PDT July 16, 2010

Kaine Horman:  I can say that I get briefed by law enforcement and lawyers once or many times per day. ...

http://www.kptv.com/news/24283158/detail.html

Kaine Horman - Prepared Statements - Written Questions

Kyron Horman’s Family Boots WW and The Oregonian from Bizarre News Event
1:04 PM July 1st, 2010
by James Pitkin

The saga of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman got a little more bizarre today at a news conference held this morning by the boy’s family. ....

First came Horman’s “ground rules,” as he described them. No cameras. No recordings. Everything was off the record and couldn’t be reported, unless agreed otherwise. Horman made everyone in the room agree to these rules before proceeding. And so this roomful of reporters consented, in essence, not to be reporters.

Horman then laid out how the meeting would go. They would take questions, make some phone calls (presumably to investigators, to find out what they could say in their answers), then return and make an on-the-record statement. But first, Horman wanted all the reporters he didn’t know to introduce themselves. ....

According to a reporter who stayed, the family went on to lay out more “ground rules” for the future. They said they’d hold these “news conferences” (if you can call them that) twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays, as time allows.  They would make prepared statements, answer some questions submitted in writing and may also do occasional interviews.

“They want us to cover Kyron, and they’re not going to get neck-deep in gossip and rumors,” the reporter said. ...

At shortly after 12:30, the family emerged from the church and Desiree Young gave a brief statement in which she implored Terri Moulton Horman to cooperate with investigators.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/01/kyron-hormans-family-boots-ww-and-the-oregonian/

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office - Questions by E-Mail

Sheriff's Office Releases Q&A About Kyron Case
POSTED: 3:46 pm PDT July 23, 2010

On Friday, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office released a document answering questions submitted by reporters earlier this week.

Spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said there were "numerous questions that could not be answered based upon this being an ongoing investigation."

The Q&A is below:

4. Has anyone been ruled out in Kyron’s disappearance? Who?

Sheriff's Office: A number of people have been ruled out; we are unable to discuss the specifics of these individuals

11. Why has the sheriff’s department pulled back so drastically from talking to the media/public about this case?

Sheriff's Office: This is an ongoing criminal investigation, our responsibility is to resolve this case and bring Kyron home. We are not going to release details of our efforts that will breach the integrity of this investigation or potential prosecution at a later date. If we have information that would benefit our investigation, or help in finding Kyron we will release it.

24. Why are you taking questions via email?

Sheriff's Office: This is the most time efficient and cost effective way to provide information to the numerous and various types of media.

25. You have never done this before, why now and why this case?

Sheriff's Office: This is a very large case with enormous media and public interest. This is the most efficient way to address many questions from numerous media outlets. This is a large case and has attracted a lot of media attention and public interest.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24374478/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete post 176.  I messed up with the highlighting.

Thans

Janet

done MB
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:48:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »

I gotta say...after checking out some of Chana's posts on the anti-page, and what she has posted so far on her blog, she sincerely gives me a creepy feeling.  She alludes to CBS that she has screen shots of emails and PM's that CBS has sent to other people.  That, along with supposedly having all kinds of stuff on that Danielle Carter.  My God, does she sit there all day and look for incriminating (or hinky) stuff and make & store screen shots? Obsessed, a bit?   If CBS or DC had communicated privately with others, the other people had to have sent screen shots to Chana for her to have access to the info.   Just weird, and the more they post, the weirder it gets.

Chana knows TH and believes that she did something to Kyron.  Seeing how much a lot of us post on here and we don't even know Kyron, I can see where someone who actually knows the people involved would be REALLY involved.

I know that I would be looking to see for whatever I could glean.  Heck, I do it now. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »

I an unpatiently anticipating an investigative outcome to the Kyron Horman case ... an investigative outcome that will reveal the truth ... the whole truth.

This wannabe detective will be back later if she survive this afternoon with no broken bones.  Eldest grandsons (11/12) have talked their Mama and Papa into a bike ride on the trail along the banks of the Mighty Muddy Fraser River.  Obviously ... we were not their first choice.  No friends available.  It is a beautiful clear but cold day in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia.

Janet

+++++

June 18, 2010 - Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates

Investigators say Kyron’s family cooperating as search continues
UPDATE • Sheriff’s office tries to dispel rumors about boy's disappearance
By Jennifer Anderson
The Portland Tribune, Jun 18, 2010, Updated Jun 21, 2010

There was one new piece of information: “Terri is the last-known person to have seen him before he disappeared,” Multnomah County Sheriff’s Capt. Jason Gates said, contrary to previous reports of someone else who might have seen the boy afterward.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127687387448812800

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton

Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation
Posted on September 15, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Updated Thursday, Oct 7 at 8:15 AM

Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation and there was a more defined scope, allowing them to not be as broad in their efforts. Investigators can now concentrate on their current course to support a theory of what happened to the boy. He said he had seen no evidence that indicated Kyron was not alive.

When asked if people would be shocked to find out what they know, Staton took a long silence.

"I know I'm taking a long pause on that, I have to think through that answer. I think there are things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on when it's over. We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," he added.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.