April 24, 2024, 01:51:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199642 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »

Janice Cerin Krause
Dec 30, 2010 at 7:47pm, wikt wrote:
I'll give you a few cut 'm copies DIRECTLY from your own posts... but I don't think it is at all necessary to be posting it all for THAT pig & the pig's helpers right now.
Between 10 to 11 she says she was trimming the spent tulips and Daffodils between the green house and the main house, and the yard that surrounds the main house, the property owner at that time came out and asked her not to forget to trim the daffodils by the main gate, she was seen walking towards the gate around 11 by someone who said later she supposedly was leaving the property.*******
9:15 to 10:30 she was working with a group of people in the green house nursery area.
But around 11:30 she says she had an other conversation with the owner about slugs, a whole bunch of slug sh*t that she had never seen before, and a heard of elk in the lower field.

They are now saying that this Wikt poster is KH?

Could it be....that what we've heard as DeDe seen leaving....was actually DeDe going to the main gate to do what the property owner asked her to do?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »

Janice Cerin Krause
Dec 30, 2010 at 7:47pm, wikt wrote:
I'll give you a few cut 'm copies DIRECTLY from your own posts... but I don't think it is at all necessary to be posting it all for THAT pig & the pig's helpers right now.
Between 10 to 11 she says she was trimming the spent tulips and Daffodils between the green house and the main house, and the yard that surrounds the main house, the property owner at that time came out and asked her not to forget to trim the daffodils by the main gate, she was seen walking towards the gate around 11 by someone who said later she supposedly was leaving the property.*******
9:15 to 10:30 she was working with a group of people in the green house nursery area.
But around 11:30 she says she had an other conversation with the owner about slugs, a whole bunch of slug sh*t that she had never seen before, and a heard of elk in the lower field.

They are now saying that this Wikt poster is KH?

Could it be....that what we've heard as DeDe seen leaving....was actually DeDe going to the main gate to do what the property owner asked her to do?

Hey Puzzler,
Do you recall the time frame that is in question regarding DeDe's where abouts?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2011, 11:09:15 PM »

If Kyron had been captured on surveilliance inside the FM or Albertsons ... Terri would have been implicated in the disappearance of her stepson long ago.  However ... Terri had not been deemed even a person of interest in the Kyron Horman case.

Janet

++++++

Surveillance collected for Kyron case
Story Published: Jul 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM PST
Story Updated: Jul 10, 2010 at 3:03 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators have collected surveillance videos from local grocery stores in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, sources said.

The corporate offices of Fred Meyer and Albertsons both confirmed to KATU News on Friday they are cooperating with investigators in the Kyron Horman case.

Officials with Albertsons said they’ve turned over surveillance video from their store on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway on June 4, the day the Skyline School second-grader disappeared.

Fred Meyer officials, however, will only say they are working with detectives regarding at least one store. They said if they turned over surveillance video, it would be up to investigators to disclose it to the media; however, sources said that the Sunset Fred Meyer off Highway 26 in Hillsboro has submitted video for investigators to review.

That store is five miles from Skyline School. The Albertsons, depending on the route taken, is anywhere from 14 to 16 miles from the school.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98150609.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »

I think that as long as we are discussing these cases and on the internet, it keeps these tragic stories on peoples minds. The worse possible thing to me is when a family has a loved one that has gone missing and the case has gone cold with LE. Everyday people eventually lose interest in the story and then it is just the family and friends who are left with no resolution and no more attention being paid to the case. Whether we agree with what happened or not, I really feel that we are contributing by discussing all possibilities and keeping these missing loved ones names and faces out there. JMO
Agreed, but I have been basically talking about the ones that cause trouble like Joy Wray, and when the police have to take time to check things out, not just discussing cases. Most people know their boundaries.

Hi Norose,
I do not know who Joy Wray is, but if that person is sending LE on a wild goose chase, than that is terrible. I would also like to add that there are those that pretend that they have information and use that information for attention. I have read over and over where people tell Lindsey Baum's mother that they have information and then they will not give it to her. Then there are the pretend psychics that send family members all over the country on bogus preminitions. It is all heartbreaking!
No not this case, she caused a lot of trouble in Caylee Anthony's case, way beyond one's imagination.

FYI - While a frustrating person to deal with, Joy Wray is actually a person who's been Baker Acted in Florida numerous times and really has some problems.  Unfortunately, some of the problems she causes are inflicting herself into the Caylee Anthony case and unnecessarily taking up a lot of LE's time.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »

If Kyron had been captured on surveilliance inside the FM or Albertsons ... Terri would have been implicated in the disappearance of her stepson long ago.  However ... Terri had not been deemed even a person of interest in the Kyron Horman case.

Janet

++++++

Surveillance collected for Kyron case
Story Published: Jul 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM PST
Story Updated: Jul 10, 2010 at 3:03 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators have collected surveillance videos from local grocery stores in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, sources said.

The corporate offices of Fred Meyer and Albertsons both confirmed to KATU News on Friday they are cooperating with investigators in the Kyron Horman case.

Officials with Albertsons said they’ve turned over surveillance video from their store on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway on June 4, the day the Skyline School second-grader disappeared.

Fred Meyer officials, however, will only say they are working with detectives regarding at least one store. They said if they turned over surveillance video, it would be up to investigators to disclose it to the media; however, sources said that the Sunset Fred Meyer off Highway 26 in Hillsboro has submitted video for investigators to review.

That store is five miles from Skyline School. The Albertsons, depending on the route taken, is anywhere from 14 to 16 miles from the school.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98150609.html

Sheriff's Office Releases Q&A About Kyron Case
POSTED: 3:46 pm PDT July 23, 2010

5. Video has been requested from local businesses as well as from members of the media – Has any footage been recovered and if so did it yield anything that will be helpful to the case?

Sheriff's Office: We have recovered many photos and video footage. We will not be able to comment on their evidentiary value. We continue to ask individuals in possession of photos and video surrounding the Skyline Grade School event on June 4, 2010 to provide that to investigators. We continue to ask the media for their assistance and support in this investigation. The photos and videos that have been provided by the media have helped further the investigation process.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24374478/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »

This is an interesting article. It talks about notable murder cases where there was not a body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,438661,00.html
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »

I gotta say...after checking out some of Chana's posts on the anti-page, and what she has posted so far on her blog, she sincerely gives me a creepy feeling.  She alludes to CBS that she has screen shots of emails and PM's that CBS has sent to other people.  That, along with supposedly having all kinds of stuff on that Danielle Carter.  My God, does she sit there all day and look for incriminating (or hinky) stuff and make & store screen shots? Obsessed, a bit?   If CBS or DC had communicated privately with others, the other people had to have sent screen shots to Chana for her to have access to the info.   Just weird, and the more they post, the weirder it gets.

Chana knows TH and believes that she did something to Kyron.  Seeing how much a lot of us post on here and we don't even know Kyron, I can see where someone who actually knows the people involved would be REALLY involved.

I know that I would be looking to see for whatever I could glean.  Heck, I do it now. 

I know she knows TH, but if she has concrete information, which she HAS given to LE from what I understand, the last thing she should be doing is running all over the internet like a one-woman army trying to out everyone.  To me, it makes her lose credibility, which could be important if and when this goes to trial.  She could be damaging the case by trying to be a hero.

Like I said earlier, Tom Jones has already said that all of this stuff does not tell us where Kyron is or what happened to him....so...what's this all about?  It's certainly not about Kyron.

Is it simply women outting each other for supposed "lies" and seeing how nasty they can treat each over?  Is it that people get a false bravado because they're on the internet and not face-to-face? 

It all seems seems degrading to me...not the person they're attacking...but the person who's doing the frenetic attacking - that person seems to be degrading themselves on the world wide web. 

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »

Kyron Horman search may have suffered from confluence of delays
Published: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 9:02 PM     Updated: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 2:46 PM
 By Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian
Follow 
Share203
 86 Share close
Google Buzz

Digg

Stumble Upon

Fark
 Share Email Print

View full sizeFamily photoKyron Horman smiles in front of his science fair project about red-eyed tree frogs the same morning he disappeared from Skyline School.
On the morning Kyron Horman was last seen, he was Skyline School's resident expert on red-eyed tree frogs at the school science fair. Then the second-grader vanished and was gone nearly seven hours before anyone noticed.

Kyron's stepmother met the school bus about 3:30 p.m., but the bespectacled 7-year-old wasn't aboard. She called Skyline, and the school secretary called 9-1-1. During the next 4 1/2 hours, authorities mobilized a full-scale search effort involving federal agents who specialize in child-abduction cases.

But by then it was almost nightfall. Time had long become the enemy.

» Timeline
» Stories
» Photos
» Videos"This investigation really got going eight to 12 hours after it should have," said Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and Virginia-based security consultant. "Whatever happened to this little boy, by the time authorities really geared up, they were 12 hours behind the power curve.

"That is a long time to be behind in a case like this."

A confluence of factors meant searchers lost key hours:

Officials at Skyline School didn't notify the boy's parents after realizing he was absent. The initial report was given the "lowest priority" rating by emergency dispatchers. Rush-hour traffic Friday evening delayed arrival of trained searchers, who gathered first at the Multnomah County sheriff's patrol office in outer Northeast Portland, then traveled to the site. Getting to the school and Kyron's neighborhood, in the rural northwestern corner of Multnomah County, took more than a half-hour.

And though news organizations reported late Friday that Kyron was missing, authorities didn't issue a full news release until the following morning.

Once notified, Multnomah County authorities responded swiftly, but crucial hours already had been lost, Sheriff Dan Staton said.

"This is what is hugely disturbing to me," he told The Oregonian on Saturday. "The fact that you had a child in school and the last time the child was seen is at 9 in the morning -- there are concerns about that lag time. If the child had walked away from the school, the likelihood of finding him under those circumstances would have been extremely high.

"After five hours," the sheriff said, "you know as well as I do how far a child could walk on a roadway."

Across the country each year, 115 children on average are abducted by strangers or an acquaintance, according to a 2008 report by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Most are found within hours. But a quarter of abducted children are killed. The center's statistics showed that 76 percent of those children die within three hours of being kidnapped.

Though rare, all missing children investigations share an essential element: time.

"Valuable hours were lost because, frankly, no one knew where (Kyron) was," said Bob Lowery, a former homicide commander in the Midwest and executive director of the missing children division of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Added Van Zandt: "As time goes on, it becomes more critical and the potential for some harm to come to this child is greater."

Skyline School officials first realized there was a problem after the school day had ended. Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, said the boy wasn't on the school bus.

School secretary Susan Hall called 9-1-1 at 3:56 p.m. That triggered a page to Portland Public Schools security.

At some point that day, Kyron's teacher had marked the boy absent -- district officials refuse to say when -- but that didn't prompt a call home because Skyline School lacked an automatic notification policy. That has since changed.

Staton said dispatchers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications classified the call from Skyline as "lowest priority." Dispatchers generally classify calls based on who's calling, what information is provided and whether there is an indication of danger or a medical issue.

Within minutes, Portland police and Multnomah County sheriff's deputies were dispatched. About a half-hour passed before they pulled up to the school and the Horman home, about 2 1/2 miles from the school.

The official search for Kyron began at 4:33 p.m.

Among those responding were a sergeant, a police dog and about eight Portland officers. They searched around the school, hoping the shy boy had gone home with someone he knew. Staton said that even before certified searchers arrived, police had searched the school, many of the main roads and the boy's home.

On any given day, kids don't ride the bus when they should, prompting parents to call their school, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for the school district.

"Nine times out of 10 they're found within the hour or so," he said.

But police found no trace of Kyron.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., school authorities alerted parents through an automated phone message.

"Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today," the message said.

The alert was intended for Skyline parents, but it went out to other parents, too. Anyone who'd seen Kyron was asked to call police.

"The only thing we knew is that he was missing," Shelby said.

The sheriff's office began calling trained searchers at 5:30 p.m. The first search teams arrived at 8:09 p.m. The search-and-rescue coordinator, Deputy Mark Herron, arrived at 8:25 p.m.

Among those who got a call that night was sheriff's Sgt. Travis Gullberg, another search-and-rescue coordinator.

"We've got a scenario developing," Detective Sgt. Lee Gosson told him.

Sometime between 7 and 7:45 p.m., Staton personally called the FBI. He said the circumstances -- Kyron disappeared from school on a busy morning -- prompted him to ask for help from the feds.

"I wanted them involved because the last time this child was seen was inside a school," he said. "This was not a child walking away from their home or getting lost in the woods. This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen."

The bureau pulled in agents from across the country. Two who would help with the technical aspect arrived that night. Another set of agents with expertise in missing-child cases landed at midnight. More joined Saturday morning.

By then, Kyron had been gone for 24 hours.

Though news organizations heard reports about a possible missing child over their police scanners and began trying to sort out what was going on, official public notification of the media was slow and sketchy.

Portland school officials didn't issue a news release that afternoon, and the public information officer for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office only learned of the investigation some time that night between 7 and 7:15.

About an hour later, a sheriff's official met some reporters at Skyline School and released a photo of the boy, but the agency issued its first official news release on the investigation about 9 a.m. the next day.

Staton said his agency responded quickly to Kyron's disappearance.

"For the location of the school," Staton said, "this is a really good response time, especially when you are talking about a Friday, the time of day, rushing through traffic to get out here."

The FBI often volunteers personnel when children vanish. But the bureau does not consider itself a first responder in such emergencies, FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele said.

"Relatively speaking," she said, "we were notified very early in the process."

It's been more than a week since Kyron's stepmother saw him walk toward his classroom in Skyline School after the pair toured the school science fair and admired Kyron's tree frog project. Investigators now characterize Kyron as a missing and endangered child.

The investigation, in its 10th day today, is one of the largest ever overseen by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and has included more than 500 searchers.

But Van Zandt said the likelihood that Kyron wandered out of the school, got hurt and is awaiting rescue is fading.

"The chances are getting slimmer and slimmer that that is what happened to him and that he could ... survive," Van Zandt said.

The moment an adult took note that Kyron wasn't at school Friday, an effort to find him should have been set in motion, Van Zandt said.

"And within an hour instead of 12 hours," he said, "this case would have been moving."

-- Noelle Crombie

-- Kimberly A.C. Wilson, Bryan Denson and Stuart Tomlinson contributed to this report.