March 28, 2024, 05:46:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 198353 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2011, 10:46:37 PM »

Thanks Puzzle

This wannabe detective has yet to bow and get a cell phone. My hubby was talking about this issue prior to Christmas ... so I do believe the writing is on the wall.  I can just imagine it.  I will be constantly hunting for for specs.  Those bottons/keys are sooo small.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2011, 10:46:41 PM »

I logged out, duh. See if this works. If not, I saw it somewhere in this thread.

http://socallinkss2.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=logout
BUMPED for Brandi.......

There is nothing to read there. It is a log in page.

But thanks for trying.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »

IMO, WRT TH's son, we just do not have the information to make any negagive declarative statements about why he was sent to live with her parents.  All we've heard to this point is that he was bored in school, his grades were slipping and that he was missing some school.  With the grandparents and the access to the father's horses, TH wanting him to get involved with 4-H, the son is happier, grades are better and he's involved with the horses. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

I logged out, duh. See if this works. If not, I saw it somewhere in this thread.

http://socallinkss2.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=logout
BUMPED for Brandi.......

There is nothing to read there. It is a log in page.

But thanks for trying.

You have to be a member to read IIRC, I think someone stated that a page or two back......my bad, I thought you just requested a link.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2011, 11:00:37 PM »

IMO, WRT TH's son, we just do not have the information to make any negagive declarative statements about why he was sent to live with her parents.  All we've heard to this point is that he was bored in school, his grades were slipping and that he was missing some school.  With the grandparents and the access to the father's horses, TH wanting him to get involved with 4-H, the son is happier, grades are better and he's involved with the horses. 

Good point Puzzler....also, after raising teenagers with divorced/seperated parents I have seen many kids in the 14-17 age range want to move and try living with the other parent or family member. It also seems he appears to be doing well considering the circumstances.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »

The "she said/he said" quotes that I posted regarding why James left the Horman home were contradictory statements from both Kaine and Terri.  The truth.  Who Knows?  Maybe the fly on the wall of the Horman home.

Janet

++++++

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9196.300

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »

The odd part about the older son leaving is the timing, why in the middle of a school year? There must have been some issue, whether with TH or KH. With something like that, I would expect each to blame the other and the truth to be somewhere in the middle. We have to remember than since TH is not talking, we only hear one side directly; everything TH has said has been third hand or a piece of an email (I know-her choice, but still.)

In any event, I think it could have bearing with Kyron only in that the atmosphere in this home was probably miserable. And Kyron asked his mommy to keep him, that was all he knew to do. But Kaine did not let Desiree know about Terri's drunken stupors, so Desiree lacked critical information in deciding how far to go in trying to get custody.
And then it was too late.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »

Visibly Impaired

Kaine fears daughter saw unimaginable horror
Posted on October 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Updated Wednesday, Oct 27 at 6:16 AM

Kaine also stated in the filing that it was common for Terri to be visibly impaired from alcohol, including slurred speech and a staggering gait.

Kaine states that Terri spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with their young daughter, typically "passed out from heavily drinking." Kaine also stated their young daughter was often "up past midnight playing and/or watching TV." The court document states that their daughter Kiara would often be up and awake at 1 a.m. while Terri "was asleep from alcohol."

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Kaine-Horman-Terri-unfit-105734863.html

Learned from the Media

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Updated Monday, Nov 15 at 5:28 PM

Desiree Young and Kyron's father Kaine Horman have long provided a united front in the search for their son. But on Monday, Desiree indicated she was seriously disappointed with Kaine for failing to share with her information of Terri's alleged issues with alcohol.

"I just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making. He had several opportunities to let Tony (Desiree's husband) and I know what was going on and he did not, " she said.

"We learned all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony know, and I know, what was going on, and he did not, she said." ....

In her interview on Today, (Desiree) Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

What I do not get is...why didn't he put the baby to sleep himself. Where was he in the evenings? Did he come home late and find it that way?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2011, 11:29:58 PM »

Seriously, why would the baby be put to sleep so late if he were home and his wife was poopfaced, I do not blame Kaine for anything...but, I do wonder about that.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2011, 11:40:41 PM »

The "she said/he said" quotes that I posted regarding why James left the Horman home were contradictory statements from both Kaine and Terri.  The truth.  Who Knows?  Maybe the fly on the wall of the Horman home.

Janet

++++++

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9196.300

Janet - FYI - I wasn't making a reference to anything you posted.

Puzzler

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2011, 11:40:45 PM »

Maybe the baby was put to bed and got up again later.   Kids that age do actually do that.  Mine did.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2011, 11:57:21 PM »

Divorce hearing will not be on Jan 6

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/post_53.html
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »

Terri sounds "insecure".

In other words ... very selfish ... "It is all about me".

Janet

Exactly!

If she is responsible, I wouldn't be surprised to find out she's justified her actions in her head and sees nothing wrong with them.

Like an idiot in court today, who couldn't grasp he'd committed a crime., claiming false charges-a felony grand theft and a breaking and entering charge, demanding to know since when is taking something that's your own, theft. He'd been arrested after breaking in and stealing from his former employer. He plead not guilty, claiming what he took was owed to him, so it wasn't stealing and he was 100% sure he'd win the case. Today was his sentencing and he argued with the judge clear up until being removed.

Evidently his employer had failed to pay him overtime, so he went in and told the employer the days he forgot to clock in, weekends not clocked, lots of over time he claimed to have worked etc. His boss refused to pay him that large of an amount without some sort of documentation, he needed something more than because the guy said so and handed him a bill covering 9  months. The guy got mad and quit. His unemployment was then denied so he added that on the amount he would have been making, had he not quit. He waited until the middle of the night to enter(break in) and being an "honest man" took no more cash and merchandise than what he was owed.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »

A hearing that had been scheduled for this week in the pending divorce case between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman has been postponed. A new date has not been set.

Thanks, hellokitty.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »

Aww...geesh...wonder how this happened?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »

Wonder if this is simply a postponement for a few days or if it will turn out to be a postponement until after February (giving enough time to see if Stanton is going to make any formal charges or not against Terri).

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »

Wonder if this is simply a postponement for a few days or if it will turn out to be a postponement until after February (giving enough time to see if Stanton is going to make any formal charges or not against Terri).

That was my first thought.

But I have no idea.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:37 AM »

I find it interesting that it was Carol Moulton who was giving details in Kyron's disappearance early on. I had forgotten about this. If it was Kaine's wish for the family to keep mum early on, I wonder who gave Carol Moulton the green light.

Details emerge about the day Kyron Horman turned up missing
Published: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 11:21 PM     Updated: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 2:43 PM
 By Lynne Terry, The Oregonian
Follow 
Share1765
 216 Share close
Google Buzz

Digg

Stumble Upon

Fark
 Share Email Print
View full sizeA photo posted on his stepmother's Facebook page shows Kyron Horman in front of his science fair project, wearing the "CSI" T-shirt he was last seen in. Friday began as a special day for 7-year-old Kyron Horman. His school in Northwest Portland was having a science fair and he was keen to show off his project to his stepmother.

So, instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

Horman, who has raised Kyron since he was an infant, snapped a picture of him standing in front of it that she later posted on her Facebook page. It shows a bespectacled and beaming short-haired boy wearing a blue "CSI" T-shirt in front of an exhibit with photos of bug-eyed frogs, an anatomical drawing of the creature and other artwork.

"He was so excited about his science project," said Carol Moulton, Horman's mother and Kyron's grandmother. "They had worked on it together. He was anxious to take it to school and show it off."

View full sizeCourtesy of Multnomah County Sheriff's DepartmentKyron HormanAfter that, the two looked at other projects set up on desks in classrooms. There are about 300 students at Skyline Elementary, and all of them were invited to contribute to the fair.

Although the school usually opens at 8:35 a.m. and the final bell rings 10 minutes later, the school opened as early as 8 Friday for the science fair, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for Portland Public Schools.

Other students and parents showed up early as well to check out the fair, and Terri and Kyron saw people they knew while looking at the exhibits, Carol Moulton said.

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class.

"He told her, 'I'm going back to the classroom, Mom,' and she waves to him and left," Carol Moulton said. "She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

What happened to the boy who went missing is unclear.

Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.

After leaving the school, Terri went about her day, running errands and taking care of household chores. She is a former elementary school teacher and has worked as a substitute teacher at various schools, but Moulton said that in recent years she has mainly been a stay-at-home mom.

Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, works at Intel's main administrative facility in Oregon, the Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, the company said.

Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Horman, and his father were officially divorced in February 2003, according to Washington County Circuit Court records.

Carol Moulton said that Kaine, 36, and Terri, 40, have been together for seven or eight years and that they have been married for four or five years. The couple have an 18-month-old girl.

"Terri has raised Kyron," her mother said. "She's been with him since he was an infant. She's as much of a mom as the mom is because the parents had separated about the time that Kyron was born."

She said he visits his biological mother in Medford every couple of weeks and that Desiree, 38, came to Portland as soon as she heard about his disappearance.

Kyron was supposed to take the bus home Friday, so Terri went to the bus stop at 3:30 p.m. to pick him up.

But the bus driver told her he wasn't there.

Panicked, she ran home and called the school to discover that he had been marked absent for the day.

She called 9-1-1, setting off a search that's drawn in a swarm of officers and several law enforcement agencies, including the FBI.

Officers, working with sniffer dogs, have combed the hilly, wooded area around Skyline Elementary.

Moulton doubts Kyron wandered off on his own. It's just not in his character, she said.

"He's a little bit dreamy. He's a sweet kid. He gets distracted. He's your typical second-grader," she said.

But he's no Huckleberry Finn.

"He's not real adventurous," she said. "He's a little timid. But if a friend wanted to go outside and look at something, he would follow the friend. He has a friend who he regularly gets in trouble with in the classroom because he talks too much."

Moulton said Kyron will not even venture far from his home in a wooded area.

"He won't get out of sight of the house," she said. "He's pretty insecure about that. So I can't see him wandering off."

His disappearance is devastating for the close-knit family, which plays board games together, goes bowling and enjoys visits to the Oregon Zoo. A few years ago, the family took a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla.

Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.

It will be difficult to give him the news, Moulton said.

"It's a total mystery," she said. "He just vanished. I just can't believe it."

Staff writer Stephen Beaven of The Oregonian contributed to this report.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »

I wonder how the balancing act the judge is alluding to is going to play out.

Janet

++++++

Scheduled hearing in pending Horman divorce case is postponed, court staff say
Published: Monday, January 03, 2011, 7:59 PM
Updated: Monday, January 03, 2011, 8:16 PM

Terri Horman's divorce attorney Peter Bunch argued that a parallel civil divorce case, while the criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance from Skyline School, would jeopardize Terri Horman's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself. Bunch argued that law enforcement are trying to obtain discovery through the civil proceeding for the ongoing criminal case.

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer ruled in October that there's "substantial overlap of evidence" between the divorce case and the criminal inquiry and parallel proceedings could create a discovery nightmare. But he said he also had to balance Terri Horman's constitutional rights with Kaine Horman's right to a prompt resolution of custody, parenting, property and financial matters.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/post_53.html

_____

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:10 AM »

This is a tough case for any judge. I wouldn't want to have to decide it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.