April 24, 2024, 05:27:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199649 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »

Hey ... it may not be hinky afterall.  Could it be that Judge Meisenheimer had personal issues in his life that dictated his sudden departure prior to the selection of a replacement?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #361 on: January 04, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »

Hey ... it may not be hinky afterall.  Could it be that Judge Meisenheimer had personal issues in his life that dictated his sudden departure prior to the selection of a replacement?

Janet

He could have personal issues, or he just had enough and wanted to retire.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: January 04, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »

Janet

It's not that unusual for people to retire at 62. According to my calculations, that is about his age.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: January 04, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »

I wonder how the balancing act the judge is alluding to is going to play out.

Janet

++++++

Scheduled hearing in pending Horman divorce case is postponed, court staff say
Published: Monday, January 03, 2011, 7:59 PM
Updated: Monday, January 03, 2011, 8:16 PM

Terri Horman's divorce attorney Peter Bunch argued that a parallel civil divorce case, while the criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance from Skyline School, would jeopardize Terri Horman's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself. Bunch argued that law enforcement are trying to obtain discovery through the civil proceeding for the ongoing criminal case.

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer ruled in October that there's "substantial overlap of evidence" between the divorce case and the criminal inquiry and parallel proceedings could create a discovery nightmare. But he said he also had to balance Terri Horman's constitutional rights with Kaine Horman's right to a prompt resolution of custody, parenting, property and financial matters.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/post_53.html

In October ... Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer gave no indication that he would not be the presiding judge in Kaine's divorce/custody petition.  Then in November ... his retirement is announced.

As I said when I regressed ... there may not be anything hinky.  Meisenheimer may have had personal reasons that dictated an early retirement.

Janet

+++++++

Press Release   

November 29, 2010

Governor announces Multnomah County Circuit Court vacancy
Judge Meisenheimer will retire from Multnomah County circuit bench.

(Salem) - Due to the retirement of Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Governor Ted Kulongoski announced today he is accepting applications for the Multnomah County Circuit Court.

The Governor thanked Judge Meisenheimer for his service to Multnomah County and said he will fill the position by appointment.  Judge Meisenheimer’s retirement takes effect on January 1, 2011.

Anyone interested in filling the position must submit a letter of interest and resume to the Governor’s office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 10.   Due to the expedited nature of this process, candidates are not required to submit Interest Forms with their initial application.

Interested applicants should mail their letters of interest and resumes to:  Office of General Counsel, Office of the Governor, 900 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-4047.

The Court has indicated that the Governor’s appointee will be assigned to the Family Law Department.

Governor Kulongoski fills judicial vacancies based on merit.  He encourages applications from lawyers with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.

ORS 3.041 and 3.050 provide that at the time of appointment to the court, the candidate must be a citizen of the United States, a resident of Oregon and a member of the Oregon State Bar. ORS 3.041(2) further states: "[e]ach judge of the circuit court shall be a resident of or have a principal office in the judicial district for which the judge is elected or appointed, except that in any judicial district having a population of 500,000 or more, according to the latest federal decennial census, any judge of the circuit court may reside within 10 miles of the boundary of the judicial district."  Multnomah County has a population in excess of 500,000.  ORS 3.041(5) provides the required length of time for the residency requirements.

To receive answers to questions about the appointment process contact Mary Hamilton (503.378.6246).

CONTACTS:
Anna Richter Taylor, 503-378-6169
Jodi Sherwood, 503-378-6496

http://oregon.gov/Gov/P2010/press_112910.shtml

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »

Janet

It's not that unusual for people to retire at 62. According to my calculations, that is about his age.
That is what I'm figuring.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »

Maybe the judge was facing a number of cases that looked to be long and drawn out and decided it was now or never as far as getting out. He would be unlikely to retire in the middle of any big case, I would think, unless he thought if might go on for a while.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »

Press Release   

November 29, 2010

Governor announces Multnomah County Circuit Court vacancy
Judge Meisenheimer will retire from Multnomah County circuit bench.

(Salem) - Due to the retirement of Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Governor Ted Kulongoski announced today he is accepting applications for the Multnomah County Circuit Court.

The Governor thanked Judge Meisenheimer for his service to Multnomah County and said he will fill the position by appointment.  Judge Meisenheimer’s retirement takes effect on January 1, 2011.

Anyone interested in filling the position must submit a letter of interest and resume to the Governor’s office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 10.   Due to the expedited nature of this process, candidates are not required to submit Interest Forms with their initial application.

Interested applicants should mail their letters of interest and resumes to:  Office of General Counsel, Office of the Governor, 900 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-4047.

The Court has indicated that the Governor’s appointee will be assigned to the Family Law Department.

Governor Kulongoski fills judicial vacancies based on merit.  He encourages applications from lawyers with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.

ORS 3.041 and 3.050 provide that at the time of appointment to the court, the candidate must be a citizen of the United States, a resident of Oregon and a member of the Oregon State Bar. ORS 3.041(2) further states: "[e]ach judge of the circuit court shall be a resident of or have a principal office in the judicial district for which the judge is elected or appointed, except that in any judicial district having a population of 500,000 or more, according to the latest federal decennial census, any judge of the circuit court may reside within 10 miles of the boundary of the judicial district."  Multnomah County has a population in excess of 500,000.  ORS 3.041(5) provides the required length of time for the residency requirements.

To receive answers to questions about the appointment process contact Mary Hamilton (503.378.6246).

CONTACTS:
Anna Richter Taylor, 503-378-6169
Jodi Sherwood, 503-378-6496

http://oregon.gov/Gov/P2010/press_112910.shtml

BLOODIED BUT UNBOWED!

On November 29, 2010 ... Judge Keith Meisenheimer retirement effective January 1, 2011 was announced.  According to the press release ... the selection process for a replacement began following the November 29, 2010 announcement.  In my opinion ... the one month window to select a replacement and brief this replacement on all the pending cases implies that Meisenheimer's departure was not anticipated.

I could be wrong.

Janet

_____

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »

I logged out, duh. See if this works. If not, I saw it somewhere in this thread.

http://socallinkss2.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=logout
BUMPED for Brandi.......

There is nothing to read there. It is a log in page.

But thanks for trying.

That's the point, Brandi.
You need to register to read.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »

If the judge graduated high school in 1964, I believe he will be turning 65 this year. 

He probably already planned for his retirement and knew that in October when he ruled to abate the case until the week of his retirement.  That way, a new judge could be assigned to the case and handle it the way they wanted to handle it.

Maybe this judge had already made his decision about retirement and that was final in his mind.  Getting the case of a lifetime didn't change his decision. 

Anyrate, I think he abated the case just beyond his retirement date.  The new judge will be able to handle the case they way she wants to as not much has happened in the case so far.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »

If the judge graduated high school in 1964, I believe he will be turning 65 this year. 

He probably already planned for his retirement and knew that in October when he ruled to abate the case until the week of his retirement.  That way, a new judge could be assigned to the case and handle it the way they wanted to handle it.

Maybe this judge had already made his decision about retirement and that was final in his mind.  Getting the case of a lifetime didn't change his decision. 

Anyrate, I think he abated the case just beyond his retirement date.  The new judge will be able to handle the case they way she wants to as not much has happened in the case so far.

I certainly would like to see her case history. She's going into this case with fresh eyes.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: January 04, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »

Perhaps he had some medical issues which haven't been disclosed?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »

If he was born in 1964, he'd be 47, I think.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »

No...not born...graduated from high school.  Say he graduated from high school when he was 18.  18 plus 47 = 65 this year.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »

The article said he graduated college with his bachelor's degree in 1970. That would have him graduating HS in 1966, so he would be ~62 years old, I think.

(It also stated he was in HS in 1964, not that he graduated HS in 1964.)

His alternative recreation as a high school student in 1964 was to debate with members of the free speech movement based on his then held Young Republican views. He graduated from UCLA in 1970 with a baccalaureate in Political Science.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »

As a person who is retiring I did not tell anyone until I absolutely had to. 62 is a good age if you want to have a life before all of those golden Years issues settle in like heart disease, cancer, etc that I see  in people my age.

He has plenty of money, I am sure, and he has his life planned out now.  Go for it judge!  Live your life now!!!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »

The article said he graduated college with his bachelor's degree in 1970. That would have him graduating HS in 1966, so he would be ~62 years old, I think.

(It also stated he was in HS in 1964, not that he graduated HS in 1964.)

His alternative recreation as a high school student in 1964 was to debate with members of the free speech movement based on his then held Young Republican views. He graduated from UCLA in 1970 with a baccalaureate in Political Science.

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong...in high school in 1964 - senior = 65
If he was say a junior, that would make him 66 (not younger - right?)

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2011, 06:45:29 PM »

Today marks 7 months that Kyron has been missing.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »

Info to read if anyone is interested.  Marybeth Shaeffer is a former administrator of The TH support page

http://thetruthwillsaveyoursoul-truthteller.blogspot.com/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

yes it is....I was once away from my little boys for 3 weeks, I was a wreck without them. God be with Desiree today. My heart goes out to her. 7 months is too long to be away from her little boy, it is unimaginable to me.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »

yes it is....I was once away from my little boys for 3 weeks, I was a wreck without them. God be with Desiree today. My heart goes out to her. 7 months is too long to be away from her little boy, it is unimaginable to me.

(Bolded by me)
ITA, Tracygirl.  It's unimaginable to me too.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.