April 25, 2024, 02:17:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199680 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: January 05, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »

I would also like to say that many of the LE, the FBI, ICE, the DEA, etc that were involved in this case are parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters. I cannot imagine that all of these agencies would not put all of their efforts into finding Kyron, an innocent little boy. I just no longer buy into the fact that ALL of these agencies had tunnel vision with regards to Terri.

Maybe the focus on Terri is not tunnel vision.  Could it be that a chain of events led to the disappearance of Kyron ... a chain of events that began with Terri?  Could it that for the past seven months LE has been attempting to connect the dots?  I sincerely hope so.

When I consider the words out of Terri's own attorney ... this fence sitter is beginning to lean again.

Janet

+++++

Attorney Peter Bunch

UPDATE from COURTROOM: Arguments heard in Terri Horman and Kaine Horman divorce proceedings
October 7, 2010

Peter Bunch, Terri Horman's attorney, has been arguing for nearly an hour in a Multnomah County courtroom pleading with judge Keith Meisenheimer to abate the divorce proceedings.

Bunch argued that Terri's fifth amendment rights - implicating herself in possible criminal matters - would be violated.

He maintained that any information gleaned from divorce proceedings would be used as "fodder" for the state in its ongoing criminal investigation.

Conversely, Bunch said the state wouldn't turn over information that may be pertinent to divorce proceedings.

"If this is not abated we will not get reciprocal discovery," Bunch said.

Bunch said Stephen Houze, Terri's criminal attorney, had asked for tapes on the night Terri called 911 when investigators tried a sting with the landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire in the murder-for-hire plot.

Those tapes were not turned over, because of an ongoing criminal investigation, Bunch said.

At issue is whether Terri may get some parenting time and/or custody of the estranged couple's child, Kiara.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/UPDATE-from-COURTROOM-Arguments-heard-in-Terri/GonG6-VnTkmaYBikdxxq7Q.cspx

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton

Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation
Posted on September 15, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Updated Thursday, Oct 7 at 8:15 AM

Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation and there was a more defined scope, allowing them to not be as broad in their efforts. Investigators can now concentrate on their current course to support a theory of what happened to the boy. He said he had seen no evidence that indicated Kyron was not alive.

When asked if people would be shocked to find out what they know, Staton took a long silence.

"I know I'm taking a long pause on that, I have to think through that answer. I think there are things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on when it's over. We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," he added.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: January 05, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »

I find it downright concerning that Terri was legally evicted from her home and has legally been denied contact with her daughter for the past six months based on Kaine's word that LE had probable cause to believe that she was involved in a murder for hire plot and participated in the disappearance of Kyron.

Think about it.  Six months following the RO and the eviction ... Terri has not been declared a person of interest in either incident.

Janet

++++++

Kaine Horman asks judge to make Terri Moulton Horman move out of his house
Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 12:06 PM
Updated: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 6:43 PM

Multnomah County judge today unsealed the petition for the restraining order which Kaine Horman obtained on June 28, two days after investigators informed him that his wife had offered to pay a landscaper to kill him months before his son's disappearance.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me,'' Kaine Horman wrote in his petition. "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/judge_releases_restraining_ord.html

Terri has recourse to both the "eviction" and restraining order. The only reason the court is taking only Kaine's and LE's word is because Terri has not exercised her rights to challenge their secondary to the likelihood self incrimination in the criminal case (her lawyer's words, not mine). If Terri has nothing to hide, she would challenge the restraining order. If Terri is hiding anything to do with Kyron's disappearance she absolutely should be no where near her daughter. I'm not buying into the poor mistreated Terri scenario. She only has herslf to blame for her situation. Of course this is my opinion only.

I see your point nicubird.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: January 05, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »

I keep going back to the fact that LE allegedly spent many nights at the Horman house when Kyron went missing. That just blows my mind. The only thing that makes sense TO ME is that either there was some sort of botched ransom demand or they knew about the MFH plot long before Kyron went missing and TRULY believed it for whatever reasons. I also think that LE being in the Horman home made them see something about Terri that did not sit right with them. Think about it. If they thought that Terri took Kyron, wouldn't it have been smarter to give her some leway to see if she led them back to Kyron? They were pretty quick to show their hand which is why Terri purchased the bat phones etc. Had they and the parents not started pointing fingers at Terri so quickly maybe she would have done things to incriminate herself, thinking that she had gotten away with it? I don't know, this whole thing is beyond sickening! WHERE IS KYRON?

What is the "norm" in kidnapping or missing children cases?  Does LE always spend that many nights with the family.  Maybe they did it so they could "observe" the members of the family and, of course, many, many different interviews in those first few days.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: January 05, 2011, 02:22:06 PM »

Hi Janet,
I hope that you are right and they are connecting the dots! I want justice for Kyron so bad!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »

I keep going back to the fact that LE allegedly spent many nights at the Horman house when Kyron went missing. That just blows my mind. The only thing that makes sense TO ME is that either there was some sort of botched ransom demand or they knew about the MFH plot long before Kyron went missing and TRULY believed it for whatever reasons. I also think that LE being in the Horman home made them see something about Terri that did not sit right with them. Think about it. If they thought that Terri took Kyron, wouldn't it have been smarter to give her some leway to see if she led them back to Kyron? They were pretty quick to show their hand which is why Terri purchased the bat phones etc. Had they and the parents not started pointing fingers at Terri so quickly maybe she would have done things to incriminate herself, thinking that she had gotten away with it? I don't know, this whole thing is beyond sickening! WHERE IS KYRON?

What is the "norm" in kidnapping or missing children cases?  Does LE always spend that many nights with the family.  Maybe they did it so they could "observe" the members of the family and, of course, many, many different interviews in those first few days.

I have never heard of LE spending any nights with parents of missing children. To be fair, I have only followed a handful of cases.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #505 on: January 05, 2011, 02:28:46 PM »

I have never heard of LE spending any nights with parents of missing children. To be fair, I have only followed a handful of cases.
I have followed a lot of cases, I don't ever remember something like this, LE spending many nights with the family. If there is I sure wish someone would point to what other case or cases.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: January 05, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »

Today is my birthday. What do I want for this years gift? I want Kyron to be found. I want the perp or perps prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I want those who loved/love this child to find peace this year. I want people to stop abusing, mistreating, killing, and committing any other forms of horror to children and animals.

I would also like to be here to celebrate my birthday again next year. My personal wish.

Happy birthday!  Oh, how it beautiful it would be to get your first cluster of wishes, and I'll definitely hope/pray/wish with you for all of your wishes to come true!!  I hope you get to do something really fun today.  : D
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #507 on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »

I would also like to say that many of the LE, the FBI, ICE, the DEA, etc that were involved in this case are parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters. I cannot imagine that all of these agencies would not put all of their efforts into finding Kyron, an innocent little boy. I just no longer buy into the fact that ALL of these agencies had tunnel vision with regards to Terri.

Maybe the focus on Terri is not tunnel vision.  Could it be that a chain of events led to the disappearance of Kyron ... a chain of events that began with Terri?  Could it that for the past seven months LE has been attempting to connect the dots?  I sincerely hope so.

When I consider the words out of Terri's own attorney ... this fence sitter is beginning to lean again.

Janet

+++++

Attorney Peter Bunch

UPDATE from COURTROOM: Arguments heard in Terri Horman and Kaine Horman divorce proceedings
October 7, 2010

Peter Bunch, Terri Horman's attorney, has been arguing for nearly an hour in a Multnomah County courtroom pleading with judge Keith Meisenheimer to abate the divorce proceedings.

Bunch argued that Terri's fifth amendment rights - implicating herself in possible criminal matters - would be violated.

He maintained that any information gleaned from divorce proceedings would be used as "fodder" for the state in its ongoing criminal investigation.

Conversely, Bunch said the state wouldn't turn over information that may be pertinent to divorce proceedings.

Bunch said Stephen Houze, Terri's criminal attorney, had asked for tapes on the night Terri called 911 when investigators tried a sting with the landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire in the murder-for-hire plot.

Those tapes were not turned over, because of an ongoing criminal investigation, Bunch said.

At issue is whether Terri may get some parenting time and/or custody of the estranged couple's child, Kiara.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/UPDATE-from-COURTROOM-Arguments-heard-in-Terri/GonG6-VnTkmaYBikdxxq7Q.cspx

Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation and there was a more defined scope, allowing them to not be as broad in their efforts. Investigators can now concentrate on their current course to support a theory of what happened to the boy. He said he had seen no evidence that indicated Kyron was not alive.

When asked if people would be shocked to find out what they know, Staton took a long silence.

"I know I'm taking a long pause on that, I have to think through that answer. I think there are things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on when it's over. We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," he added.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

Janet,

We know that to testify in a civil case about items that are involved in an on-going case, would hurt a person's rights WRT a criminal casel.  The divorce attorney, Rackner, and LE both know this two - another reason for the push to have the divorce case go on through even though the criminal investigation is going forward.  Of course, LE would love to find out tons of stuff via the divorce case.  But, it's highly unusual to handle matters that way - so unusual, that it's the first case in Oregon family court history that has been handled this way per the retiring Judge.

It's not that she's guilty and won't speak, it's that her right to a fair trial in criminal court would be damaged.  All of us have the right to a fair trial.  I still lean toward Terri being guilty in some way; however, I don't want her rights to be damaged, because I wouldn't want my rights to be damaged.  I strongly believe in America's court system and, personally, love that we have the right to a free trial. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »

I have followed a lot of cases, I don't ever remember something like this, LE spending many nights with the family. If there is I sure wish someone would point to what other case or cases.

I could see LE being there for the first few nights, at least more than one night...but weren't they there for a "while"?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »

Hi Janet,
I hope that you are right and they are connecting the dots! I want justice for Kyron so bad!

an angelic monkey

_____

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #510 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »

It's possible that LE stayed at the home in case there was a ransom call; it is also possible they sensed the tension between the 4 parents and figured the case might get solved in the early days. I don't think LE ever clarified how long someone stayed there.

I really think LE had no idea what they had for at least the first weekend and were not taking any chances. The FBI may have suggested that local LE keep someone in the house for a number of reasons.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: January 05, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »

Janet

+++++

Attorney Peter Bunch

October 7, 2010

Janet,

We know that to testify in a civil case about items that are involved in an on-going case, would hurt a person's rights WRT a criminal casel.  The divorce attorney, Rackner, and LE both know this two - another reason for the push to have the divorce case go on through even though the criminal investigation is going forward.  Of course, LE would love to find out tons of stuff via the divorce case.  But, it's highly unusual to handle matters that way - so unusual, that it's the first case in Oregon family court history that has been handled this way per the retiring Judge.

It's not that she's guilty and won't speak, it's that her right to a fair trial in criminal court would be damaged.  All of us have the right to a fair trial.  I still lean toward Terri being guilty in some way; however, I don't want her rights to be damaged, because I wouldn't want my rights to be damaged.  I strongly believe in America's court system and, personally, love that we have the right to a free trial. 

I agree.

However ... from a mother's perspective ... if I was denied contact with my child based on a lie ... I would be challenging that lie with all my being.

If Terri had nothing to do with the disappearing of Kyron ... how in the world will a challenge to the RO have the ability to incriminate her.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:49 PM »

It's possible that LE stayed at the home in case there was a ransom call; it is also possible they sensed the tension between the 4 parents and figured the case might get solved in the early days. I don't think LE ever clarified how long someone stayed there.

I really think LE had no idea what they had for at least the first weekend and were not taking any chances. The FBI may have suggested that local LE keep someone in the house for a number of reasons.

That is what happening in a move I saw a while back ... a long while back.  I believe the move was called "Missing".

I would appreciate if somebody would link me to a source regarding LE staying at the Horman home.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: January 05, 2011, 03:29:13 PM »

Janet - TY

The other night we were posting about the number of 911 calls that day. Some said two: one about wanting money and one about Kiara being taken from the home.

I thought I had read before that there was a call when the white truck was threatening and then a second call was trying to get money from herm.  I couldn't find a link that stated that.

So, if the call to 911 about Kiara was later that day - then it would appear there were a total of three 911 calls made that day (unless the call about Kiara was made after midnight - officially making the call the "next" day).

Search Expert Using Dogs To Look For Kyron
June 30, 2010

911 Calls Came From Horman Family Home

This week, Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman, who was the last person to have reported seeing 7-year-old Kyron.

He left his family's home in northwest Portland on Saturday and took the 18-month-old daughter he shared with Terri Horman with him.

FOX 12 has learned that two 911 calls were made from the Horman family home over the weekend. One call was classified as a custodial interference issue and the other call was related to "threats being made to another person."

Sheriff's deputies would not elaborate on the calls. The calls have also been impounded and will not be released to the media until a later date.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24100574/detail.html

_____

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: January 05, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »

Janet

+++++

Attorney Peter Bunch

October 7, 2010

Janet,

I agree.

However ... from a mother's perspective ... if I was denied contact with my child based on a lie ... I would be challenging that lie with all my being.

If Terri had nothing to do with the disappearing of Kyron ... how in the world will a challenge to the RO have the ability to incriminate her.

Janet

Janet - I understand - IDK

It's all so convoluted.  It's a mess. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: January 05, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »

A setup or not ... it appears that the sexting with Michael Cook is the only concrete evidence that Kaine is using in his divorce and custody proceedings .  Only the fly on the wall could affirm his allegations of neglect that resulted from Terri's ongoing  drinking problem.

Kaine lucked out in regards to shared custody of Kyron with Desiree.  There were no revealed images/records pertaining to the sorid aspects of his affair with Terri when Desiree was eight months pregnant with Kyron.

Janet

++++++

Visibly Impaired

Kaine fears daughter saw unimaginable horror
Posted on October 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Updated Wednesday, Oct 27 at 6:16 AM

Kaine also stated in the filing that it was common for Terri to be visibly impaired from alcohol, including slurred speech and a staggering gait.

Kaine states that Terri spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with their young daughter, typically "passed out from heavily drinking." Kaine also stated their young daughter was often "up past midnight playing and/or watching TV." The court document states that their daughter Kiara would often be up and awake at 1 a.m. while Terri "was asleep from alcohol."

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Kaine-Horman-Terri-unfit-105734863.html

Learned from the Media

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Updated Monday, Nov 15 at 5:28 PM

Desiree Young and Kyron's father Kaine Horman have long provided a united front in the search for their son. But on Monday, Desiree indicated she was seriously disappointed with Kaine for failing to share with her information of Terri's alleged issues with alcohol.

"I just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making. He had several opportunities to let Tony (Desiree's husband) and I know what was going on and he did not, " she said.

"We learned all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony know, and I know, what was going on, and he did not, she said." ....

In her interview on Today, (Desiree) Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

_____

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #516 on: January 05, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »

A setup or not ... it appears that the sexting with Michael Cook is the only concrete evidence that Kaine is using in his divorce and custody proceedings .  Only the fly on the wall could affirm his allegations of neglect that resulted from Terri's ongoing  drinking problem.

Kaine lucked out in regards to shared custody of Kyron with Desiree.  There were no revealed images/records pertaining to the sorid aspects of his affair with Terri when Desiree was eight months pregnant with Kyron.

Janet

++++++

Divorces are seldom about concrete evidence. More often than not, divorces are about allegations and refuted allegations. Typically both parties are subjected to scrutiny via court ordered mental evaluations. Terri's attorney was not going to make Terri available for the inevitable evaluation by an independent 3rd party. If I remember correctly it was one of the reasons given for withdrawing the challenge to the FAPA restraining order. The sexting, in and of itself, is not a reason to deny custody and does not indicate neglect. It is little more than divorce posturing. As far as Kaine lucking out with reference to joint custody of Kyron, The (repugnant) affair with Terri during Desiree's pregnancy (even if it included pistures), also would not determine Kaine as an unfit co-parent in a custody arrangement (in the eyes of the court). If I recall, it has been reported by both Desiree and Kaine that initially joint custody of Kyron was a mutual decision mostly based on Desiree's health). Again, my opinion only.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »

That is what happening in a move I saw a while back ... a long while back.  I believe the move was called "Missing".

I would appreciate if somebody would link me to a source regarding LE staying at the Horman home.

Thanks

Janet

Come to think of it, I saw something similar in a movie = and LE was at the parent's home for days on end.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: January 05, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Come to think of it, I saw something similar in a movie = and LE was at the parent's home for days on end.

There was electronic equipment everywhere anticipating a ransom call.  IIRC

Anyways ... I cannot remember reading anything about LE camping out at the Horman home.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: January 05, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

Janet

++++++

Divorces are seldom about concrete evidence. More often than not, divorces are about allegations and refuted allegations. Typically both parties are subjected to scrutiny via court ordered mental evaluations. Terri's attorney was not going to make Terri available for the inevitable evaluation by an independent 3rd party. If I remember correctly it was one of the reasons given for withdrawing the challenge to the FAPA restraining order. The sexting, in and of itself, is not a reason to deny custody and does not indicate neglect. It is little more than divorce posturing. As far as Kaine lucking out with reference to joint custody of Kyron, The (repugnant) affair with Terri during Desiree's pregnancy (even if it included pistures), also would not determine Kaine as an unfit co-parent in a custody arrangement (in the eyes of the court). If I recall, it has been reported by both Desiree and Kaine that initially joint custody of Kyron was a mutual decision mostly based on Desiree's health). Again, my opinion only.

Isn't it weird how an "online" affair where sorid images and words can be captured for the world to see is somehow worse in he court of public opinion when compared to an "actual" affair where all the sorid details are hidden behind closed doors.

In my world ... an "online" affair or "actual" affair within the confines of marriage equates and ... is an ultimate betrayal to a spouse ... to the children.

The following saying works both ways ....

The best legacy a father can leave his children is being good to their mother.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.