April 19, 2024, 11:49:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199550 times)
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #520 on: January 05, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »

Isn't it weird how an "online" affair where sorid images and words can be captured for the world to see is somehow worse in he court of public opinion when compared to an "actual" affair where all the sorid details are hidden behind closed doors.

In my world ... an "online" affair or "actual" affair within the confines of marriage equates and ... is an ultimate betrayal to a spouse ... to the children.

The following saying works both ways ....

The best legacy a father can leave his children is being good to their mother.

Janet

I totally agree Janet.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: January 05, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »

I keep going back to the fact that LE allegedly spent many nights at the Horman house when Kyron went missing. That just blows my mind. The only thing that makes sense TO ME is that either there was some sort of botched ransom demand or they knew about the MFH plot long before Kyron went missing and TRULY believed it for whatever reasons. I also think that LE being in the Horman home made them see something about Terri that did not sit right with them. Think about it. If they thought that Terri took Kyron, wouldn't it have been smarter to give her some leway to see if she led them back to Kyron? They were pretty quick to show their hand which is why Terri purchased the bat phones etc. Had they and the parents not started pointing fingers at Terri so quickly maybe she would have done things to incriminate herself, thinking that she had gotten away with it? I don't know, this whole thing is beyond sickening! WHERE IS KYRON?

What is the "norm" in kidnapping or missing children cases?  Does LE always spend that many nights with the family.  Maybe they did it so they could "observe" the members of the family and, of course, many, many different interviews in those first few days.

LE has said themselves they first believed Kyron had walked off from school and believed that for the first few days and had lost valuable hours. The same time LE was staying at the home with the Hormans and Youngs.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #522 on: January 05, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »

Anyone ever wonder why she didn't just pick up the phone and talk with MC directly and not use texts? I wonder who reached out to who first.

EintheB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #523 on: January 05, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »

LE also spent three weeks staying in the home of Somer Thompson's family.

B
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »

I would also like to say that many of the LE, the FBI, ICE, the DEA, etc that were involved in this case are parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters. I cannot imagine that all of these agencies would not put all of their efforts into finding Kyron, an innocent little boy. I just no longer buy into the fact that ALL of these agencies had tunnel vision with regards to Terri.

Maybe the focus on Terri is not tunnel vision.  Could it be that a chain of events/ participants led to the disappearance of Kyron ... a chain of events /participants that originated with Terri?  Could it that for the past seven months LE has been attempting to connect the dots?  I sincerely hope so.

When I consider the words out of Terri's own attorney ... this fence sitter is beginning to lean again.

Janet

+++++

Attorney Peter Bunch

UPDATE from COURTROOM: Arguments heard in Terri Horman and Kaine Horman divorce proceedings
October 7, 2010

Peter Bunch, Terri Horman's attorney, has been arguing for nearly an hour in a Multnomah County courtroom pleading with judge Keith Meisenheimer to abate the divorce proceedings.

Bunch argued that Terri's fifth amendment rights - implicating herself in possible criminal matters - would be violated.

He maintained that any information gleaned from divorce proceedings would be used as "fodder" for the state in its ongoing criminal investigation.

Conversely, Bunch said the state wouldn't turn over information that may be pertinent to divorce proceedings.

"If this is not abated we will not get reciprocal discovery," Bunch said.

Bunch said Stephen Houze, Terri's criminal attorney, had asked for tapes on the night Terri called 911 when investigators tried a sting with the landscaper Terri allegedly tried to hire in the murder-for-hire plot.

Those tapes were not turned over, because of an ongoing criminal investigation, Bunch said.

At issue is whether Terri may get some parenting time and/or custody of the estranged couple's child, Kiara.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/UPDATE-from-COURTROOM-Arguments-heard-in-Terri/GonG6-VnTkmaYBikdxxq7Q.cspx

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton

Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation
Posted on September 15, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Updated Thursday, Oct 7 at 8:15 AM

Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation and there was a more defined scope, allowing them to not be as broad in their efforts. Investigators can now concentrate on their current course to support a theory of what happened to the boy. He said he had seen no evidence that indicated Kyron was not alive.

When asked if people would be shocked to find out what they know, Staton took a long silence.

"I know I'm taking a long pause on that, I have to think through that answer. I think there are things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on when it's over. We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," he added.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

When the extent of the law enforcement agencies assisting in the Kyron Horman case is considered ... there has to be far reaching implications in the disappearance of this little boy ... far reaching implication that goes beyond only Terri Horman.

This scenario gives me hope that Kyron is still alive.  I cringe when I think what this little boy has  gone through in the past seven months but ... bringing him home is the first step in the healing process.

Janet

++++++

Participating Law Enforcement Agencies

Sheriff's Office Releases Q&A About Kyron Case
POSTED: 3:46 pm PDT July 23, 2010

21. Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?

Sheriff's Office: Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police. This list does not include search and rescue resources.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24374478/detail.html

Natalee Holloway's Stepfather

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 7, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY, STEPFATHER OF MISSING GIRL: I hope, I pray to God that she walks through that door or that we find her somewhere. I don`t care if she`s, you know, in a crack house somewhere and she`s been drugged up for, you know, seven days or whatever. We can work with that. We can fix her. We can do whatever to get her back.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/07/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »

LE also spent three weeks staying in the home of Somer Thompson's family.

B

When I first read about LE being at the horman home I thought it was a liaison assigned for them. Do we know if it was a liaison or an actual detective?
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »

I believe a liason can be an officer...maybe not a detective. I think it was an officer acting as liason.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: January 05, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »

I googled and I googled and I googled (sounds obscene) and finally found a reference to a liason.

I could be wrong but ... I am not convinced that the implication is that Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Mike Shults stayed at the Horman home.  Could it be that he availed himself to the family as a support?

Janet

+++++++

Pickup Becomes Focus Of Kyron Horman Case
Kyron Horman Last Seen June 4 At Skyline School
POSTED: 11:21 am PDT August 11, 2010
UPDATED: 6:26 pm PDT August 11, 2010

At least two of Terri Horman's friends were seen leaving the courthouse in the past two weeks and, on Tuesday, Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Mike Shults was spotted going into the county courthouse but did not comment on the grand jury session.

Shults was the former liaison for the Horman family and stayed with the family in the weeks following Kyron's disappearance.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24595649/detail.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #528 on: January 05, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »

There's more than one way to look at why some one would be set up.

An earlier post said they didn't think Terri was set up...that she did the sexting because that's what she does.

Maybe Terri has done sexting before to multiple people.

Someone that knows that could have set her up to do it again. For a reason.

It would not be illegal for Kaine to ask Mike to text Terri to see if she might give him any information. If that is the case, it would be nice if Kaine and Cook were honest about it. We need someone in this case to be forthcoming and honest.

Ohhhh Now I get what y'all are saying. That kind of set up.

It drives me crazy when my head is headed so far down a different path it takes info and tries to fit it into that picture. I never read all the details of the phones, because I thought it needed sorted out by LE. I was thinking with Kaine and Terri still married, the phone bill was most likely in Kaine's, allowing TH access to the account, able to add accounts if she wanted, whatever, yet they would show as being Kaine's number. Add in the phones bought in fake names, may just be way to really clog the investigation by switching phones regularly, passing TH's off so it's proved to ping on towers she could prove she was no where near, therefore making her pings the day Kyron went missing worthless. As in she has witnessed say they saw her on her phone at this place and this time, but in reality she was on a throw away phone, so and so 30 miles away had her actual phone.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #529 on: January 05, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »

I believe a liaison can be an officer...maybe not a detective. I think it was an officer acting as liason.

I suppose the person assigned to be a liaison to the family can also observe them and report any sort of strange occurrences they may witness. I recall reading on Sandra Cantu's case it is usually a female officer or a person trained in psychology that is made available to the family. In the article that Janet posted, granted reporters get things wrong all of the time, but a Capt stayed with them as the liaison.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: January 05, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

FLASHBACK

It appears from the press conference video of June 13, 2010  ... Desiree, Tony, Kaine and Terri were still united.

Janet

+++++++

Search for Kyron Horman shifts to criminal investigation
Jun 13, 2010 3:45pm

(NECN/KGW: Portland, Ore.) - The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office announced Sunday that it will be shifting the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman from search and rescue to the criminal end of the spectrum.

"While we are still keeping all options open, it's a natural progression to move the overall focus to a criminal case," Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Mike Shults said.

He did not reveal what prompted the investigation to be reclassified.

Horman, a second grader, went missing on June 4th after a science fair at Skyline Elementary School. He has been described by his family as fun-loving and quiet.

The sheriff's office announced a $25,000 reward for information leading them to Horman's location.

"This offer goes out in hopes that we can gather information," Sheriff Daniel William Staton said. "Most importantly, the information we have continued to gather at this point has led us in several directions."

While the investigation was progressing to the criminal stage, Sheriff Staton said he would continue to allocate resources to finding the 7-year-old Portland boy.

"I can't begin to thank the citizens, the students and everybody in this neighborhood and this community that have supported this operation," Sheriff said, struggling to contain the emotion in his voice. "I am not going to cease in dedicating resources to locating Kyron."

Video courtesy of KGW

http://www.necn.com/06/13/10/Search-for-Kyron-Horman-shifts-to-crimin/landing_nation.html?blockID=252731&feedID=4207

_____

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: January 05, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »

I keep going back to the fact that LE allegedly spent many nights at the Horman house when Kyron went missing. That just blows my mind. The only thing that makes sense TO ME is that either there was some sort of botched ransom demand or they knew about the MFH plot long before Kyron went missing and TRULY believed it for whatever reasons. I also think that LE being in the Horman home made them see something about Terri that did not sit right with them. Think about it. If they thought that Terri took Kyron, wouldn't it have been smarter to give her some leway to see if she led them back to Kyron? They were pretty quick to show their hand which is why Terri purchased the bat phones etc. Had they and the parents not started pointing fingers at Terri so quickly maybe she would have done things to incriminate herself, thinking that she had gotten away with it? I don't know, this whole thing is beyond sickening! WHERE IS KYRON?

What is the "norm" in kidnapping or missing children cases?  Does LE always spend that many nights with the family.  Maybe they did it so they could "observe" the members of the family and, of course, many, many different interviews in those first few days.

LE has said themselves they first believed Kyron had walked off from school and believed that for the first few days and had lost valuable hours. The same time LE was staying at the home with the Hormans and Youngs.

You're absolutely right.  Was something that has really bothered Stanton.  Thanks for the reminder.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #532 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »

Ok, if I am having a phone conversation with Tracygirl and she is recording it, without my permission it would be inadmissable in a court of law. Why are texts any different?

Where I'm from only one party needs to give consent for it to be admissable and that I know as fact due to the police wiring my daughter and having her make what they refered to as a "scumbag" call. LE couldn't tap the phone because the recording needed to be made first hand by a person actually involved in the conversation and consenting. She was a minor at the time and I had to sign consent, but she had to do it.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »

There's more than one way to look at why some one would be set up.

An earlier post said they didn't think Terri was set up...that she did the sexting because that's what she does.

Maybe Terri has done sexting before to multiple people.

Someone that knows that could have set her up to do it again. For a reason.

It would not be illegal for Kaine to ask Mike to text Terri to see if she might give him any information. If that is the case, it would be nice if Kaine and Cook were honest about it. We need someone in this case to be forthcoming and honest.

I agree.

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/kyron-horman-news-divorce-hearing-postponed-for-missing-boy-s-dad
Kyron Horman news: Divorce hearing postponed for missing boy’s dad
January 4, 2011

A hearing scheduled to take place this week in the divorce case of Kaine Horman and Terri Horman has been postponed. Kaine is the father of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman.

Kyron, then 7-years-old, went missing June 4 after attending a science fair at his Portland area school with stepmother Terri. She told authorities the last time she saw the boy was as he headed toward his classroom at about 8:45 a.m. that morning.

Shortly after Kyron vanished, Kaine served Terri with divorce papers and a restraining order. In the documents, he alleged that Terri tried to hire a hit man to kill him, that she was plotting to kill their toddler daughter, that she was having an inappropriate relationship with another man, and that she knew what happened to Kyron.

According to OregonLive.com, in October Terri’s attorneys succeeded in obtaining a 90 day delay in the divorce case, saying it should not continue while an ongoing investigation into Kyron’s case was in full bloom.

Lawyer Peter Bunch argued that his client’s Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate herself would be jeopardized should the divorce be allowed to continue as authorities tried to gain “discovery through the civil proceeding for the ongoing criminal case,” writes OregonLive.

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer has given the couple’s attorneys three months to reschedule the hearing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:40:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #535 on: January 05, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »

I keep thinking about Kaine's attorney wanting Medical records. I guess it is fair to assume that they are Terri's. I wonder if Terri has a diagnosed mental condition? One that she takes medication for? If so, you would think that it would have been "leaked". On the other hand, if Terri was on some sort of prescription medication and was mixing these drugs with alcohol, well, that would leave Kaine in a precarious situation with regards to allowing his children in her care. I don't know, Terri's actions almost scream mental disorder. She is either guilty as sin or she is not right in the head mentally. I got chills reading those texts. In fairness, as Puzzler pointed out, there may have been more to the texts that we have not seen. I thought it was really really odd how Terri jumped into the sex talk so soon. Maybe there are many more texts?

I bet Puzzler's right and there is more to it.

As for the medical, alcohol, etc I have a comment on Kaine not mentioning Terri's behavior until after the fact and that is Kaine seemed invested in this marriage and he may have kept quiet thinking he was waiting it out.

I have had a few friends go through things like postpartum depression, last year two lost their sons, one 8, one 21 and other things that made these women not themselves. Things like not eating, not showering, laying for days staring at the ceiling and one started drinking. Their husbands didn't run out and report them because that was their wife, they loved them and felt helpless. They went begging for what to do to help them get back to normal and if anything enabled them to not get better, by making excuses and catering to their every need, while waiting for the day their wife was cured.  One of them did end up divorced and initially we were all shocked they seemed so stable, but as time went on and details came out they were anything but stable. She wanted to die and was self medicating herself and daily her husband, came home to a zombie or the opposite getting yelled at and blamed for the loss of their daughter, couldn't take it any more and left. For the record these details were told to me by the wife, she obviously blames herself for the failed marriage.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/26367185/detail.html
Kaine, Terri Horman Divorce Hearing Canceled
January 4, 2011

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A divorce hearing for the father and stepmother of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman has been canceled.

Kaine and Terri Horman's court hearing was originally set for Thursday.

A rescheduled date has not been set. No new motions have been filed in the restraining order and divorce case since Nov. 23.

Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School in northwest Portland on June 4, 2010. He was last seen at a morning science fair.

No suspects have been named in his disappearance, but Kaine Horman and Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, have said they suspect Terri Horman is involved.

Investigators have not said whether any clues or evidence have been found in the case of the missing boy. They have repeatedly searched the waters around Sauvie Island.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: January 05, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/technology/26371893/detail.html
video
Portland Company’s ‘App’ Helps Kyron Search
Text No More Sends Pictures Of Missing Boy To Cell Phones
January 4, 2011

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A local company is helping in the search for Kyron Horman by sending the missing boy’s picture to cell phones around the world.

Text No More is an Android application created in Portland. Its creators say the goal of the app is to stop drivers from texting behind the wheel.

The app also sends coupons to subscribers and on Monday, it began sending pictures of Kyron.

“We're one big community. We take care of our own,” said Rodney Stearns, the company's founder. “This doesn't let that memory fade away because our memories are really short when it doesn't affect us.”

The company says it’s also donating $100 to the Kyron Horman Foundation each time a new business signs up to advertise.
(snip)

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: January 05, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/kyron-horman-news-divorce-hearing-postponed-for-missing-boy-s-dad
January 4, 2011

Shortly after Kyron vanished, Kaine served Terri with divorce papers and a restraining order. In the documents, he alleged that Terri tried to hire a hit man to kill him, that she was plotting to kill their toddler daughter, that she was having an inappropriate relationship with another man, and that she knew what happened to Kyron.

Snipped from the article posted by MB.

I do not recall reading that Terri had planned to kill kiara and she knew what happened to Kyron. I recall reading there was fear she was trying to take kiara because she had called the gym..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: January 05, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »

July, 2010 - Post Partum Depression

Kaine Horman: Kyron’s Stepmom Suffered Post-Partum Depression
11:05 PM July 8th, 2010

Kaine Horman, father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, told WW in an interview tonight Kyron’s stepmom suffered from post-partum depression and may have been hiding it when the boy disappeared.

“She went through some pretty bad post-partum as a result of the pregnancy. She was on medication from the doctor,” said Kaine Horman, who gave a series of brief interviews this evening, mainly to national news outlets.

Horman was accompanied by Kyron’s biological mother, Desiree Young.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline K-8 School on June 4. His stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, was the last person known to have seen him, investigators have said. The investigation increasingly has focused on her.

Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order on June 28 citing alleged plans by Terri Moulton Horman to have him killed. He told WW the illness came on after the birth of their daughter Kiara 19 months ago and lasted well over a year.

“As far as I’m concerned, probably up until a month or two before Kyron was gone — and then she could have been hiding it at that point,” Kaine Horman said..

He said the illness manifested in rapid mood swings.

“It wasn’t anything that was overly violent in nature,” Horman said. “It was just really erratic types of swings, from being very emotional to suddenly being very frustrated.”

Horman said he’s not sure what type of medication his wife was on or when she stopped taking it.

“I was just supposed to watch her closely for a six-month period, which I did do,” he said. “And after the six months, things seemed to be OK.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/08/kaine-horman-kyrons-stepmom-suffered-post-partum-depression/

October, 2010 - Visibly Impaired

Kaine fears daughter saw unimaginable horror
Posted on October 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Updated Wednesday, Oct 27 at 6:16 AM

Kaine also stated in the filing that it was common for Terri to be visibly impaired from alcohol, including slurred speech and a staggering gait.

Kaine states that Terri spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with their young daughter, typically "passed out from heavily drinking." Kaine also stated their young daughter was often "up past midnight playing and/or watching TV." The court document states that their daughter Kiara would often be up and awake at 1 a.m. while Terri "was asleep from alcohol."

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Kaine-Horman-Terri-unfit-105734863.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.