April 26, 2024, 04:17:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199693 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: January 06, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »

To me, it is not normal for Kaine to say he is not frustrated with the pace of the investigation-I would be insane by now. I think he and Desiree are so sure it is Terri, that they are satisfied that LE seems to think so too, and they may all be right, but if LE can't prove it, it isn't of much help. I don't believe they (D&K) are as satisifed with LE as they say; I think they are trying to stay on LE's "good side" in order to be kept in the loop, which is understandable, more so than actually being satisfied with the pace of this...investigation.

How do you know LE can't prove it? 

Ah, Klaas..and there's the rub.  I truly believe that LE knows without a shadow of a doubt Terri's involvement in this dissappearance of Kyron.  I also believe that Kaine and Desiree know, not only in because of her writings on the internet, her actions and her lack of support, know in their souls that this could not have happened without Terri's involvement.  Someone needed to set this up, make Kyron available, give the persons 6+ hours of advance time, make the school believe he left earlier, etc.  No one else other then Terri was in the position to set this scene up..no one else talked of the doctors appt, the spcing out, the need of the truck two days in a row..etc.

Sometimes what looks,walks and acts like a perp is a perp.  Sometimes not.

LE has enough info on Terri to make Terri remain silent in the divorce and custody battle..and her lawyers have advised her of that..JMHO.

I agree with all the above.  Volunteered at the school right under Mrs. Porter no less according to her own Mother.  She knows that school and everyone in it well enough imo.

And to add further; Terri went right out and hired the best Criminal Defense Attorney that Oregon has to offer supposedly prior to being charged with any crime.  It seems as tho people usually wait until charged to change their lesser Criminal Attorney out for the big dog one.  Interesting imo that she went right for "The Man" so to speak before even being charged with a CRIME.  Atleast that is my observation of high profile cases.  That alone says something about Terri and about whatever knowledge she may have of the crime that took place with Kyron imo.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: January 06, 2011, 09:46:50 PM »

From a mother's perspective ... if I was denied contact with my child based on lies ... I would be challenging those lies with all my being.

If Terri had nothing to do with the disappearing of Kyron ... how in the world would a challenge to the RO have the ability to incriminate her.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #642 on: January 06, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »

Exactly Janet!!!!
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: January 06, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »

Yikes, my computer is super-slow tonight but will try to get a post to go through...

I know I've said this before but I think we could be faced with a case that does move forward in the courts, but does not produce Kyron. I'm torn about TH, but I don't believe LE is, and I can see that a point may come when they think they have enough of a circumstantial case to go ahead and charge her. And she might even be convicted. But with all of that, I still don't feel we will ever learn where Kyron is, or what happened to him, I hate thinking that, but I do not believe that anyone will confess to having known where this child has been all of this time, and TH seems even less likely from what we know of her.

I do think it is very hard for LE; they have to make a determination at some point that Kyron is not alive and decide to proceed. I don't know what will make them do that, if it is just a certain amount of time passing, or what. They've said they have no physical evidence.

It is just a sickening situation all the way around, no matter who you think did what...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »

If I were Terri and read the words on the RO which Kaine was afforded on June 28th ... I am sure I would be retaining the best attorney Mommy and Daddy could afforded ... guilty or innocent.

Janet

++++++++

JUNE 28, 2010

Kaine Horman asks judge to make Terri Moulton Horman move out of his house
Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 12:06 PM
Updated: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 6:43 PM

Multnomah County judge today unsealed the petition for the restraining order which Kaine Horman obtained on June 28, two days after investigators informed him that his wife had offered to pay a landscaper to kill him months before his son's disappearance.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me,'' Kaine Horman wrote in his petition. "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/judge_releases_restraining_ord.html

JUNE 30, 2010

Terri Horman retains prominent attorney
Story Published: Jun 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM PST
Story Updated: Jul 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. - Terri Moulton Horman, the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, has retained prominent criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze, a source confirmed Wednesday.

Terri’s retention of Houze comes after her husband, Kaine, filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against her on Monday. On Saturday he moved out of the family’s house and took the couple’s 18-month-old daughter with him.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97546039.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:20 PM »

Considering the media attention encompassing the disappearance of Kyron as well as the suspicion encompassing the stepmom ... somehow I am inclined to believe that criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze was the one who contacted Terri and a deal was made in regards to an affordable retainer fee.

I could be wrong.

Janet

_____

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:33 PM »

Considering the media attention encompassing the disappearance of Kyron as well as the suspicion encompassing the stepmom ... somehow I am inclined to believe that criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze was the one who contacted Terri and a deal was made in regards to an affordable retainer fee.

I could be wrong.

Janet

Janet,

I could be wrong, too, but I do seem to recall that it was Houze that contacted Terri.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #647 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »

I wonder how anyone in authority will look at the fact that TH did not fight for her daughter.  I cannot see anyone in authority finding that as a sing that she needs much in the line of custody.  By the time this plays out, it might be 10 or more months that TH hasn't seen her daughter.

I see other posters on here have had spouses that abused chemicals (drugs and or alcohol).  How long did it take you to figure out what was happening?  How long do you think it had been going on before you even started noticing?

As far as the spoof video, it doesn't mention Kyron does it?  Its spoofing TH.

I can only answer for myself, but when my husband started and I saw him fall asleep on the couch while eating I thought he was just exhausted, then he did it again a few days later, I followed him to a Dr's visit one day under the guise of going to Starbucks and knowing it was not his normal internest so I went to the pharmacies we used and asked for our records "for tax purposes", then I knew what was going on......but even before that I refused to allow him alone in the house with the kids or to even drive with them.

I refused to watch the video after the first few seconds and the title realizing it was just more drama and BS....sick IMO no matter who it spoofs.

Night all.....daughter just dropped by to pick up her birthday present and now I am going to balance my empty checkbook:)

Now this is good info to know-very smart thinking on your end!

I think mom's, in general, have a more in tune 6th sense, need to protect, where their kids are concerned. Sometimes even too much needing a dad to balance it. Like as the dad's insisting "he's fine, it's a scratch, he can't use the training wheels forever!"  the mom's furiously putting them back on the bike and planning on searching out a full faced helmet and padded bodysuit before their child so much as even looks at that death trap again.

That must be what bothers me so much about TH, her only in tune 6th sense seems to be about caring for herself.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:10 PM »

Yikes, my computer is super-slow tonight but will try to get a post to go through...

I know I've said this before but I think we could be faced with a case that does move forward in the courts, but does not produce Kyron. I'm torn about TH, but I don't believe LE is, and I can see that a point may come when they think they have enough of a circumstantial case to go ahead and charge her. And she might even be convicted. But with all of that, I still don't feel we will ever learn where Kyron is, or what happened to him, I hate thinking that, but I do not believe that anyone will confess to having known where this child has been all of this time, and TH seems even less likely from what we know of her.

I do think it is very hard for LE; they have to make a determination at some point that Kyron is not alive and decide to proceed. I don't know what will make them do that, if it is just a certain amount of time passing, or what. They've said they have no physical evidence.

It is just a sickening situation all the way around, no matter who you think did what...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

And, with "not one shred of evidence to indicate the child has died," Staton said, investigators must push forward as though Kyron is still alive.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2011, 11:08:12 PM »

Stanton's due to make a report to the commissioners at the first of February.

Wonder if there will be more searches on Sauvie Island shortly before that report is due?

I hope that by then Stanton will be able to at least name a suspect.

Wonder if Stanton will be given additional money to continue the investigation?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »

Awwww .... hi everyone, thanks so much!    

Good to see y'all, and am glad to be back.   an angelic monkey

Wish we knew more about who is actually where, and doing what, these days. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2011, 11:13:46 PM »

Stanton's due to make a report to the commissioners at the first of February.

Wonder if there will be more searches on Sauvie Island shortly before that report is due?

I hope that by then Stanton will be able to at least name a suspect.

Wonder if Stanton will be given additional money to continue the investigation?
Edit to fix quotes/add missing quote bracket.  MB

Good questions, Puzzler!  

My guess is yessssss, to both.  

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:28:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »

Well.  I messed that post up!  sorry..

Oh yeah, good to be back, doin what comes natural.  heh   

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: January 06, 2011, 11:20:15 PM »

From a mother's perspective ... if I was denied contact with my child based on lies ... I would be challenging those lies with all my being.

If Terri had nothing to do with the disappearing of Kyron ... how in the world would a challenge to the RO have the ability to incriminate her.

Janet

This is one of the things that made me come off of the fence Janet!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »

Has anyone read "why" the divorce case was postponed this week?

I know there's a new judge on the case, but have we heard that the postponement was as a result of a motion from one of the parties, or at the court’s request?

I cannot find anything that lets us know why the postponement.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »

Has anyone read "why" the divorce case was postponed this week?

I know there's a new judge on the case, but have we heard that the postponement was as a result of a motion from one of the parties, or at the court’s request?

I cannot find anything that lets us know why the postponement.

I believe the hearing was postponed because a replacement judge as not yet been selected or ... if that replacement judge as been selected ... there has not been time to be briefed on the case.

Think about it.  Applications were to be submitted to the Governor's office by December 10th.  Considering the Christmas holidays ... would there have been enough time to allow for the selection process to take place as well as the subsequent briefing in regards to the case?

Janet

+++++++

Scheduled hearing in pending Horman divorce case is postponed, court staff say
Published: Monday, January 03, 2011, 7:59 PM
Updated: Monday, January 03, 2011, 8:16 PM

A hearing that had been scheduled for this week in the pending divorce case between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman has been postponed. A new date has not been set.

Kaine Horman, the father of missing Kyron Horman, filed for divorce shortly after his son disappeared from Skyline School June 4 and law enforcement authorities informed him they had learned that his wife allegedly had tried to solicit a landscaper to kill him about six months before Kyron's disappearance.

In October, Terri Horman's lawyers convinced a judge to delay the divorce proceedings for 90 days, arguing that the divorce case should not continue while an ongoing criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance.

Terri Horman's divorce attorney Peter Bunch argued that a parallel civil divorce case, while the criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance from Skyline School, would jeopardize Terri Horman's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself. Bunch argued that law enforcement are trying to obtain discovery through the civil proceeding for the ongoing criminal case.

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer ruled in October that there's "substantial overlap of evidence" between the divorce case and the criminal inquiry and parallel proceedings could create a discovery nightmare. But he said he also had to balance Terri Horman's constitutional rights with Kaine Horman's right to a prompt resolution of custody, parenting, property and financial matters. ....

Meisenheimer's staff have given the attorneys involved in the civil case potential dates - up to three months out - to reschedule the hearing.
Houze.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/post_53.html

Press Release   

November 29, 2010

Governor announces Multnomah County Circuit Court vacancy
Judge Meisenheimer will retire from Multnomah County circuit bench.

(Salem) - Due to the retirement of Judge Keith Meisenheimer, Governor Ted Kulongoski announced today he is accepting applications for the Multnomah County Circuit Court.

The Governor thanked Judge Meisenheimer for his service to Multnomah County and said he will fill the position by appointment.  Judge Meisenheimer’s retirement takes effect on January 1, 2011.

Anyone interested in filling the position must submit a letter of interest and resume to the Governor’s office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 10.   Due to the expedited nature of this process, candidates are not required to submit Interest Forms with their initial application.

Interested applicants should mail their letters of interest and resumes to:  Office of General Counsel, Office of the Governor, 900 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-4047.

The Court has indicated that the Governor’s appointee will be assigned to the Family Law Department.

Governor Kulongoski fills judicial vacancies based on merit.  He encourages applications from lawyers with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.

ORS 3.041 and 3.050 provide that at the time of appointment to the court, the candidate must be a citizen of the United States, a resident of Oregon and a member of the Oregon State Bar. ORS 3.041(2) further states: "[e]ach judge of the circuit court shall be a resident of or have a principal office in the judicial district for which the judge is elected or appointed, except that in any judicial district having a population of 500,000 or more, according to the latest federal decennial census, any judge of the circuit court may reside within 10 miles of the boundary of the judicial district."  Multnomah County has a population in excess of 500,000.  ORS 3.041(5) provides the required length of time for the residency requirements.

To receive answers to questions about the appointment process contact Mary Hamilton (503.378.6246).

CONTACTS:
Anna Richter Taylor, 503-378-6169
Jodi Sherwood, 503-378-6496

http://oregon.gov/Gov/P2010/press_112910.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »

Good Night Puzzler.

Janet

_____

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:33 AM »

I agree that those supporting Terri and anti-Terri are really getting horrible. I am not a prude, but the continuous filthy language, the redundant statments and the childishness of all of it is getting really bad. Personally, I would not want the majority of these people on my side no matter who I was. I start reading some of this stuff and I think, ok, but WHERE IS KYRON???

You know Sebastian, I thought the same about the language.  My "kook meter" goes off when someone feels they have to use f-bombs and b-words every other word, you know?  I can't see how any of it helps the Kyron cause.  If he could see it now, and if he ever can go back and research it, he would be ashamed. 

Nat
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »

To me, it is not normal for Kaine to say he is not frustrated with the pace of the investigation-I would be insane by now. I think he and Desiree are so sure it is Terri, that they are satisfied that LE seems to think so too, and they may all be right, but if LE can't prove it, it isn't of much help. I don't believe they (D&K) are as satisifed with LE as they say; I think they are trying to stay on LE's "good side" in order to be kept in the loop, which is understandable, more so than actually being satisfied with the pace of this...investigation.

BBM

Respectfully, I totally disagree with you. It is normal for Kaine to not be frustrated with the pace of LE's investigation because he is more informed about the details of the case than you or I. He didn't say he was wasn't frustrated that Kyron wasn't home yet, because I'm sure he is.

As far as them wanting to get on the "good side", that is just plain ridiculous. DY's husband is LE, and she's aware how LE works. She's very confident there is going to be an arrest. She stated so publicly. What is she basing those statements on? The info that LE has provided.

As one smart Monkey has stated before, If Tony didn't think that LE were doing a good job, or weren't on track, he would be all over their azz.

I think this is an area of good middle ground, actually.  I think of course they are frustrated with LE -  because ideally it would be nice to have Kyron back on day 1.  That being said, I think they are very understanding of the process and would rather have it take longer and STICK than be quicker and not work.  We're all frustrated, even when we believe LE is doing their absolute best.  Because we ALL would like this to be resolved with Kyron being home with his parents.

Make sense?
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2011, 12:19:55 AM »

I'm just going to throw this out here, and I hope I'm heard.

One of the reasons I like this board is because we're NOT like the other boards where there is so much bad blood among members.  Usually.

I really do hope that as we discuss our *opinions* as such, opinions, that we can do so without being called names for it, or in absence of attacking the poster directly that our *opinions* (is my asterisk emphasis coming through good and clear?) are ________ (fill in the blank with insult of your choice) ____________.

Unfortunately, even within the last three pages I see opinions being insulted.  They shouldn't be.  If opinions are offered as fact, proof should be asked, but insults should not be hurled.

Please and thank you; let's not become like Them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.