April 26, 2024, 09:44:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199699 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:41 AM »

I agree that those supporting Terri and anti-Terri are really getting horrible. I am not a prude, but the continuous filthy language, the redundant statments and the childishness of all of it is getting really bad. Personally, I would not want the majority of these people on my side no matter who I was. I start reading some of this stuff and I think, ok, but WHERE IS KYRON???

You know Sebastian, I thought the same about the language.  My "kook meter" goes off when someone feels they have to use f-bombs and b-words every other word, you know?  I can't see how any of it helps the Kyron cause.  If he could see it now, and if he ever can go back and research it, he would be ashamed. 

Nat

It is such a distraction from the focus ... the focus regarding the happenings encompassing the disappearance of a little boy name Kyron.  IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »

I'm just going to throw this out here, and I hope I'm heard.

One of the reasons I like this board is because we're NOT like the other boards where there is so much bad blood among members.  Usually.

I really do hope that as we discuss our *opinions* as such, opinions, that we can do so without being called names for it, or in absence of attacking the poster directly that our *opinions* (is my asterisk emphasis coming through good and clear?) are ________ (fill in the blank with insult of your choice) ____________.

Unfortunately, even within the last three pages I see opinions being insulted.  They shouldn't be.  If opinions are offered as fact, proof should be asked, but insults should not be hurled.

Please and thank you; let's not become like Them.
Thankyou Starwynn, agree totally.  We all are entitled to our own opinions, thoughts etc., we are a forum for just that, as we don't have answers and tossing barbs back and forth gets us nowhere.........
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:25 AM »

One of the reasons I like this board is because we're NOT like the other boards where there is so much bad blood among members.  Usually.

I really do hope that as we discuss our *opinions* as such, opinions, that we can do so without being called names for it, or in absence of attacking the poster directly that our *opinions* (is my asterisk emphasis coming through good and clear?) are ________ (fill in the blank with insult of your choice) ____________.

Unfortunately, even within the last three pages I see opinions being insulted.  They shouldn't be.  If opinions are offered as fact, proof should be asked, but insults should not be hurled.

Yep, I totally agree.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #663 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:16 AM »

Janet one thing to consider is Terri's lawyers have tried to mediate with Kaine's lawyers a custody arrangement. Their pleas have gone unanswered according to docs filed.

Not directed at Janet, I don't understand why it is a bad thing for Terri have gotten a lawyer? I think any one of us would have done the same thing. Her face was plastered on a flyer, she had LE doing a sting on her, she was in need of a lawyer. many, many people were saying they hoped she would get one, she did and then it was a bad thing. I don't find that hinky, I really dont. To me it seems like the right move, even if not charged.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #664 on: January 07, 2011, 07:22:41 AM »

Janet one thing to consider is Terri's lawyers have tried to mediate with Kaine's lawyers a custody arrangement. Their pleas have gone unanswered according to docs filed.

Not directed at Janet, I don't understand why it is a bad thing for Terri have gotten a lawyer? I think any one of us would have done the same thing. Her face was plastered on a flyer, she had LE doing a sting on her, she was in need of a lawyer. many, many people were saying they hoped she would get one, she did and then it was a bad thing. I don't find that hinky, I really dont. To me it seems like the right move, even if not charged.

No, it is not a bad thing that Terri retained an attorney. The only bad thing about getting an attorney is that he silenced her and she's not out in public making public statements and curious nellies, including me, would love to know what she's got to say.  By the time she retained and attorney, she had no choice but to do so.

Throughout all those weeks of being interviewed time and again by LE, Terri did not get an attorney.  Had she gotten an attorney in the first few days (even after she had been questioned many times) folks would be saying she must be guilty because she got an attorney so soon.

She didn't get an attorney until weeks later, after a RO had been filed against her, after she was acused of MFH, after it was clear that LE was focusing in on her, after it was clear that the parents were focusing in on her....let's be real....it would take someone not in their right mind not to realize that they had to get an attorney at that time. 

She didn't have a choice at that time.  IMO, anyone else would have gotten an attorney by then and, most likely, before then.

After all that time and all these things occuring.....it's a bad thing to get an attorney?

After becoming clear that LE and parents are looking at you as though you've kidnapped a little boy and probably badly harmed him....then that makes it a bad thing to hire an attorney?

After retaining an attorney and following his advice to remain silent (even though she had been talking for weeks), daring to use her rights under the law of the land that our fantastic country affords everyone...that's a bad thing?

After retaining a "very good" attorney and not "just" an attorney and then graduating up to a very good attorney...that's a bad thing?

Has the world turned upside down? 

Anyone, even if their name isn't Terri, would have gotten an attorney by this time. Probably even you, if you should find yourself in the same predicument!

If she's guilty, she's needs an attorney; if she's not guilty, she still needs an attorney.  All scenarios, this person needs an attorney.

Now that I think about it, what in the world took that woman so long to retain an attorney? 

Maybe she didn't get an attorney for so long because she didn't think she was going to need one.  Maybe she didn't get an attorney because she didn't have the money.  Maybe because of the high profile, Houze contacted Terri and offered his services.  Maybe Houze realized this case would get tons of media coverage, an outstanding opportunity for his career and, in exchange for a retainer, he offered to take her case.

We don't know the facts about this, just as we don't know the facts about most everything in Kyron's case. 

This case is become so emotional that many folks make emphatic statements of Terri's guilt, even though LE has not said she's guilty.  Yes, they're looking at her strongly (and that's why I think she's involved more than I don't think she's involved).  I will not be surprised if Terri's arrested....I just wish LE would get the evidence they need to do it soon, but, the reality is that after 7 months, LE has not said Terri's guilty nor even said she's a suspect. 

I hope the task force is "blessed" with the ability to get everything they need to wrap up this case tight! 

Most of all, I'm hoping that Kyron gets to come home and that anyone/everyone involved in his tragedy is brought to justice!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #665 on: January 07, 2011, 07:37:24 AM »

I agree that those supporting Terri and anti-Terri are really getting horrible. I am not a prude, but the continuous filthy language, the redundant statments and the childishness of all of it is getting really bad. Personally, I would not want the majority of these people on my side no matter who I was. I start reading some of this stuff and I think, ok, but WHERE IS KYRON???

You know Sebastian, I thought the same about the language.  My "kook meter" goes off when someone feels they have to use f-bombs and b-words every other word, you know?  I can't see how any of it helps the Kyron cause.  If he could see it now, and if he ever can go back and research it, he would be ashamed. 

Nat

It is such a distraction from the focus ... the focus regarding the happenings encompassing the disappearance of a little boy name Kyron.  IMO

Janet

is this happening here? I have read back several pages and I don't see it. Please direct me to the problem and I'll fix it ... or am I just confused again, lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: January 07, 2011, 09:13:30 AM »

Nat

Janet

is this happening here? I have read back several pages and I don't see it. Please direct me to the problem and I'll fix it ... or am I just confused again, lol.

It's ok Nut, your just confused!  Naw, they are talking about the mods that were running the THSP and the Anti one
have turned on each other and one supposed outed that Cindy Butcher Smalley or whatever her name is.  Seems she was lying to all about a bunch of schtit.  I can't even follow it!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: January 07, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »

Hi Starwynn,
I think that we have all been pretty respectful especially compared to the others. Yes, PLEASE, I would never want to be like the others.  I think most of us monkeys have too much class for that.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: January 07, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »

Frankly, and this is just my opinion...we are giving other sites way too much exposure.  It doesn't hurt to mention them from time to time, but the more we talk about them here, the more they enjoy it.  (negative attention seeking)  Folks read other sites, comment on them here and go    and then it's noted over there and back and forth.  As I said, a mention isn't a problem, but when folks start copying and pasting and naming their names  from over there here on Scared Monkeys, it derails this thread.    People on other sites cannot post here unless they are registered here, and yet they manage to get their nics and their words posted right here by members of Scared Monkeys.    I don't think posters should have to scroll on past copy/paste and comments from sites that don't offer information but are often inflammatory and negative in nature.  A brief notation of it and a link for those that would like to to go there and read should be sufficient.  Look back and you can see how a missing person thread can get derailed. While sometimes the remarks on other sites might be interesting and titillating, I think unless someone here truly believes they have value, they should just leave them over there.   And this is just my own, personal opinion.  That said, there are some sites that have good posts, and good information and theories. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #669 on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »

I see a lot of what people feel are clever passive aggressive posts to the posters who see Terri as the perp.  It does not go unnoticed.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »

Nat

Janet

It's ok Nut, your just confused!  Naw, they are talking about the mods that were running the THSP and the Anti one
have turned on each other and one supposed outed that Cindy Butcher Smalley or whatever her name is.  Seems she was lying to all about a bunch of schtit.  I can't even follow it!

It's only my opinion, but I don't think Nut is confused at all.  She's seeing posters here at Scared Monkeys complaining about problems and they aren't problems that are happening/occuring with Scared Monkeys, but are other sites.  Why complain here?  Why not complain over there?  We can't do anything about it here.  We KNOW there's always some that do this sort of stuff, we've seen it case after case. 

How credible is some of this stuff?  It's the internet and there are going to be those that enjoy throwing stuff out there   
I would really like to get this thread back toward discussing Kyron's case and not so much discussing other websites and the gossip on them.

I'm  hoping Kyron can be found soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: January 07, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: January 07, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »

I love this one!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: January 07, 2011, 10:24:31 AM »

Good morning Puzzler!  I like this particular piece of artwork Brandi made with Kyron's picture in it too! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: January 07, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »

When the discussion in the forum becomes complaining about other boards or other posters or what they are saying then it's a problem.  Seems to me it's the same people complaining that are causing the problem.

Although I cannot think like the "Terri may not be responsible"  club because it's obvious to me that she is at least somewhat responsible, I try to allow both sides to voice their opinions here.  I can stop that and save myself a lot of grief.  I have been tempted to close down this Kyron forum for a while.  Don't push it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:45:06 AM by klaasend » Logged
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #675 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »

Muffy, thanks for fixing the post I messed up.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »

YW, Wyks.  Welcome back.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #677 on: January 07, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »

Regarding Terri, the fact that she lawyered up doesn't bother me, I'd do the same thing, as some of you have also said.  What is curious to me is that she doesn't have just any attorney, she has THE BEST attorney in the state, according to what we've read. 

It's a bit more understandable, learning that he contacted her, rather than her flipping thru the phone book and choosing him.  Still and all tho, learning that just brings up another question for me......... are attorneys allowed to do this?  I thought that was a no-no, or at least frowned on.  ??  A type of 'ambulance chaser' thing? 

I'm guessing attorneys are allowed to contact a client first, since it evidently was done and there doesn't seem to be any sanctions against him.  So, does this differ from state to state?  Cuz wasn't there some discussion re Casey Anthony in FL on whether she found Bozo or he approached her?   

And then one wonders how a stay-at-home mom can afford THE BEST attorney, despite perhaps the retainer being waived for the benefit of having what (at the time) likely promised to be a very high-profile case. 

I dunno.  I think and think about it.  And still come back to 'if it were me, I'd want THE BEST, no matter what.  I guess what ticks me off is that it's Terri who got THE BEST, and not Kyron himself.  Maybe when all is said and done, will understand it better. 

brb.. I need more coffee.. lol

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #678 on: January 07, 2011, 01:12:39 PM »

YW, Wyks.  Welcome back.   

Thanks!!   

(is that doggy wagging his tail more slowly these days, or is it my computer?  or my eyes?) 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #679 on: January 07, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »

Klaas, thank you for allowing all sides to respectfully voice our opinions here.  I know there must be times when you grit your teeth, lol, and I appreciate your patience with us!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.