April 24, 2024, 11:34:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199656 times)
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #700 on: January 07, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »

I wonder how many people who were falsely imprisoned were white and either wealthy or middle class?

Looks to me like they were poor and of darker skin.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #701 on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »

I am sure that we would all like the best of everything.  The best car, the best house, the best attorney.

But unfortunately , I am not in a position to have the best of anything.  I have to go with good enough .

I don't know how TH can afford the best.  That will be interesting if we ever find out.

Am on that branch with ya, hellokitty.  I may want the best, but surely couldn't afford it.  LOL  I've been lucky in that somehow, in some things in life, I've ended up with the best attorneys, the best doctors, for example, when those were needed.   But husbands.. not so much.      I can't pick em right to save my soul, and that's why I gave up.     Monkey Devil!

I was reading a blog recently where the writer suggested that perhaps Terri's birthfamily may be the ones footing the bill for her attorney.  (Terri was adopted as an infant).  Reminding readers that Terri's birthmother supposedly came from a "prominent family".  It's an interesting concept, to be sure.... IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #702 on: January 07, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

Totally agree, whether guilty or not would want the best attorney.  Good to see you posting again Wyks   an angelic monkey

Hi NoRose!  And thanks, good to see you too!!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: January 07, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »

I am sure that we would all like the best of everything.  The best car, the best house, the best attorney.

But unfortunately , I am not in a position to have the best of anything.  I have to go with good enough .

I don't know how TH can afford the best.  That will be interesting if we ever find out.

Am on that branch with ya, hellokitty.  I may want the best, but surely couldn't afford it.  LOL  I've been lucky in that somehow, in some things in life, I've ended up with the best attorneys, the best doctors, for example, when those were needed.   But husbands.. not so much.      I can't pick em right to save my soul, and that's why I gave up.     Monkey Devil!

I was reading a blog recently where the writer suggested that perhaps Terri's birthfamily may be the ones footing the bill for her attorney.  (Terri was adopted as an infant).  Reminding readers that Terri's birthmother supposedly came from a "prominent family".  It's an interesting concept, to be sure.... IMO. 

maybe she is on a payment plan? lol, that is how I did it. Thousands of dollars later I am still paying. I would imagine she received some of the money from her family. Maybe not just her parents but could be just her parents or birth parents.
I think for me, unless she received money from selling Kyron, lets say, It is a non issue. I do wish it would be released however to put an end to the speculation.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: January 07, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »

BTW, I missed you wykes!
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #705 on: January 07, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »

to me the money is an issue because where did she get it?  If not her parents, then where?

Was she doing things for a secret stash?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #706 on: January 07, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »

to me the money is an issue because where did she get it?  If not her parents, then where?

Was she doing things for a secret stash?

Unless it was from illegal activity I am not sure it is anyone's concern, kwim? It is just my opinion though.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #707 on: January 07, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »

I hope the IRS will be looking at where TH got that kind of money.

No, her parents cannot pay her bill and bypass the IRS laws.  It is a gift as the layer is not the parent's legal obligation but rather TH's.

It is illegal to try to dodge the IRS in those ways.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: January 07, 2011, 05:25:51 PM »

I agree that those supporting Terri and anti-Terri are really getting horrible. I am not a prude, but the continuous filthy language, the redundant statments and the childishness of all of it is getting really bad. Personally, I would not want the majority of these people on my side no matter who I was. I start reading some of this stuff and I think, ok, but WHERE IS KYRON???

You know Sebastian, I thought the same about the language.  My "kook meter" goes off when someone feels they have to use f-bombs and b-words every other word, you know?  I can't see how any of it helps the Kyron cause.  If he could see it now, and if he ever can go back and research it, he would be ashamed. 

Nat

It is such a distraction from the focus ... the focus regarding the happenings encompassing the disappearance of a little boy name Kyron.  IMO

Janet

is this happening here? I have read back several pages and I don't see it. Please direct me to the problem and I'll fix it ... or am I just confused again, lol.

LOL sorry this actually was referring to another site's cat-fight to which other posts were alluding.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #709 on: January 07, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »

I wonder how many people who were falsely imprisoned were white and either wealthy or middle class?

Looks to me like they were poor and of darker skin.
You must not think too highly of this countries judicial system. I'm sure along the way some Caucasian people have been falsely imprisoned.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: January 07, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »

I can't imagine an attorney of his stature would be out "chasing ambulances", however I can see how he would want the court of public opinion to think he'd offered his services to TH rather than TH finding him. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #711 on: January 07, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »

This is just my 2 cents.....How do we know Terri knew he was the best attorney? And if she got just another joe smoe attorney then it would be better for her in the eyes of the public? I can honestly say, I always look for the best attorney to hire or to get advice from. I have had the best divorce lawyer, the best business attorney, and if I found myself in trouble or my children were in trouble, I would find the best criminal attorney. I don't see how that makes Terri seem to be guilty? Not saying she is not guilty because I don't know, but I don't connect best attorney to guilt.
My question would be why would you retain a substandard lawyer? And not just in this case, in any case that you need an attorney.

Great point NRCG!  I so agree, and not only did I get the best divorce atty in town, I conflicted out the other remaining ones that would even come close to matching her skills....

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: January 07, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

Sassi, so you're thinking that Allred referred Terri to Houze?  Interesting!  If so, wonder if she is kicking herself in the azz for doing that, or breathing a sigh of relief?  Heheheeeeee.   

Thanks for the correction on Gloria's last name Wyks! 

I knew I saw it somewhere. This was posted by puzzler, although I don't have a reference point of where she got it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8311.320

<snipped quote>

DeDe...don't have an opinion yet, except for one...the comments that DeDe is not co-operating with LE and telling other friends not to co-operate...really could be as simple as DeDe growing up with a father in LE "know" that if you're questioned you don't say anything until you have legal representation and could be as simple has DeDe telling other friends the same thing...to the public, though, the wording is that DeDe's not being co-operative.  For that matter, friend DeDe could have advised Terri not to talk and when it became clear that Terri was really in trouble, might have eve advised Terri to get the best legal representation she could...which she did.  Also, very interesting to not that Terri first tried to hire a high-profile attorney, that we believe to be Gloria Allred.  If so, Gloria Allred is not the kind of attorney that deals with "murder" cases.  Another thing that makes one mind wonder about.

The portion of my post that you quoted above was taken from a response I made to a question from Klaas (see below) and since the question is dated July 28 and the question is about that afternoon's press conference and OregonLive reporters 25 minute interview, then it seems that the reference is to the July 28, 2010, OregonLive press conference/intereview.  My response begins with saying that I did go back and listen to the interview....

Quote from: klaasend on July 28, 2010, 12:47:36 AM
Puzzler - did you watch this afternoons press conference.  Did you listen to the OregonLive reporters 25 minute interview with them after the PC? 

Goodnight all!  May Kyron be found soon.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »

No, her parents cannot pay her bill and bypass the IRS laws.  It is a gift as the layer is not the parent's legal obligation but rather TH's.

So your saying if Terri's parents gave her the money to pay for the attorney, she must claim that on her income taxes?  I am not sure. Is there any tax people on here who can answer what the IRS tax code says about gifts of money used for legal bills? Does the money terri's parents supposedly gave to the lawyer count as income for Terri?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: January 07, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »

So your saying if Terri's parents gave her the money to pay for the attorney, she must claim that on her income taxes?  I am not sure. Is there any tax people on here who can answer what the IRS tax code says about gifts of money used for legal bills? Does the money terri's parents supposedly gave to the lawyer count as income for Terri?

Terri's parents could claim that any monies afforded their daughter toward legal costs was a loan.  Yes?  No?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #715 on: January 07, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »

It's a gift.  It doesn't matter what she uses it for.  Her parents can gift her $13,000 each a year. 

It can go on for a number of years if they give more to her.  They can claim it as a gift into the future. 

I don't know how it all works because no one has ever given me $350,000 as a gift. 

Her parents have paid the taxes on it.  She can get the $26,000 tax free for one year.  Then I don't know how the rest of the amount is figured.  She can get $26,000 a year for whatever length of time. 

I just don't know how it would be figured on $350,000.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #716 on: January 07, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »

The IRS does not look kindly upon schemes to defraud. 

Terri's parents could claim that any monies afforded their daughter toward legal costs was a loan.  Yes?  No?

Janet

The IRS does not look kindly upon methods to defraud.

If it's a loan, there better be a document that shows it's a loan and a repayment plan with actual paymnets.

I imagine that the IRS would wonder how she is going to repay them with no job.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: January 07, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »

You can gift $13,000 per year to anyone so Terri's mom and dad could both gift $13,000 to Terri which would amount to $26,000.  Anything more than that and the government wants to know where the money came from.  Terri would have to pay taxes on the $350k and would likely have to disclose where the money came from.  Actually, Terri would have to pay taxes on $324k (350-26)

Terri's parents, if they took out a loan for it would only get the benefit of the deduction of interest paid on the load for itemized tax purposes.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »

Janet

I suppose it is whatever they wanted it to be. Then I suppose the same question if it is loan should be asked. So any monkeys are up on their tax code laws, If the money was a loan to terri to pay for legal fees, does she have to report it and claim it as income

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »

You can gift $13,000 per year to anyone so Terri's mom and dad could both gift $13,000 to Terri which would amount to $26,000.  Anything more than that and the government wants to know where the money came from.  Terri would have to pay taxes on the $350k and would likely have to disclose where the money came from.  Actually, Terri would have to pay taxes on $324k (350-26)

Terri's parents, if they took out a loan for it would only get the benefit of the deduction of interest paid on the load for itemized tax purposes.

If Terri's parents wanted to pay Terri's legal fees for her, does the tax code say she has claim it as income and pay taxes on the money? Even if it is paid to the lawyer and not through terri?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.