March 28, 2024, 07:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 198371 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

sassifras -  I think there just isn't any new information in this case right now.  When there's new info, I expect the thread will pick back up for discussion.  I've seen this happen in other cases/threads before.  Unless there is incoming information, things slow down.  I believe many are very, very interested, but we've sort of hashed and rehashed the information we have, and have gone around and around with various theories.  I check for new developments in this case daily, as I'm sure many others do and if there's anything newsworthy, I feel it will get posted pronto.  

Editing my post to add:  It looks like you've brought several items for discussion.  Thank you.  

43 pages (almost) in 10 days at 20 posts per page = 860 posts    somebody's been discussing something

Nut's doin' the math 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #861 on: January 11, 2011, 04:06:54 AM »

One other thing I forgot. I think everyone here knows my hinky feelings on the Holm/Villarreal family.

Does anyone have a link to Catarino Villareal's obituary? I looked every where and can't find it. I want to find out who the 5th son is.

Also, didn't realize the he was a soccer and basketball coach at Skyline. Maybe that's why Kim took over, because she use to be the girls soccer coach at Benson in 2008.

http://www.oregonprepsports.net/girls-soccer/2008-schedules/Oregon/1-Benson

The obituary is on page 4 of this link. It lists the names of all 5 children.

http://www.srnpdx.org/sites/default/files/RR1009_color.pdf

Thanks, Nicubird, for the link to CV's obit.  I looked everywhere a couple weeks ago and I came up short looking for the very same info!

Sassi, I'm interested in your opinion/feelings regarding CV and KH in Kyron's case.  Also, in their son, AV.  Any feelings about him?

Also, I've often wondered if BP and AV could have been friends, but have never found a connection between the two.

TIA!  Thanks for keeping the home fires and a figurative candle in the window for Kyron... I hope this year brings resolution in his case.

Hugs,
K. Cat 

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #862 on: January 11, 2011, 05:09:33 PM »

One other thing I forgot. I think everyone here knows my hinky feelings on the Holm/Villarreal family.

Does anyone have a link to Catarino Villareal's obituary? I looked every where and can't find it. I want to find out who the 5th son is.

Also, didn't realize the he was a soccer and basketball coach at Skyline. Maybe that's why Kim took over, because she use to be the girls soccer coach at Benson in 2008.

Thanks, Nicubird, for the link to CV's obit.  I looked everywhere a couple weeks ago and I came up short looking for the very same info!

Sassi, I'm interested in your opinion/feelings regarding CV and KH in Kyron's case.  Also, in their son, AV.  Any feelings about him?

Also, I've often wondered if BP and AV could have been friends, but have never found a connection between the two.

TIA!  Thanks for keeping the home fires and a figurative candle in the window for Kyron... I hope this year brings resolution in his case.

Hugs,
K. Cat 

FYI OL reported the accident at http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/09/motorcycle_crash_kills_one_in.html
Investigators are trying to determine what caused a motorcycle accident that killed a man, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said this afternoon.

Catavino Floyd Villareal, Jr., 50, was killed on Northwest St. Helens Road near Burlington Drive  late Saturday. He was transported to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, where he died. The sheriff’s department said speed appears to be a factor in the single-vehicle crash.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: January 12, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »

A 15 MINUTE SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE LAST NIGHT TURNED INTO 12 HOURS.  SORRY ABOUT THE DOWNTIME.  EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OK NOW.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #864 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:46 PM »

A 15 MINUTE SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE LAST NIGHT TURNED INTO 12 HOURS.  SORRY ABOUT THE DOWNTIME.  EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OK NOW.

That was scary! I thought SZ with the mad IT skills closed us down!  Monkey Devil!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #865 on: January 12, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »

sigh..... Where is Kyron?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #866 on: January 12, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »

Hugs,
K. Cat 

Hey Koko!

I just wanted the obit info to see who the surviving family members were.

I know some Monkeys speculate that the gift cards were from soccer families, etc., but those stores, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, and the Gap, are expensive stores. You can't buy anything there for $10. Not even a keyring.

I haven't put everything together yet, but there is something hinky there with that family.

In the video http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html?tab=video
Kim states that TH invited Kurtis bowling, but I saw, and I'm trying to find the link, that bowling was a last minute decision. They intended to go to the Zoo, but changed it at the last minute. I'll find the link when I get a chance.

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #867 on: January 12, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »

Hey Koko!

I just wanted the obit info to see who the surviving family members were.

I know some Monkeys speculate that the gift cards were from soccer families, etc., but those stores, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, and the Gap, are expensive stores. You can't buy anything there for $10. Not even a keyring.

I haven't put everything together yet, but there is something hinky there with that family.

In the video http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html?tab=video
Kim states that TH invited Kurtis bowling, but I saw, and I'm trying to find the link, that bowling was a last minute decision. They intended to go to the Zoo, but changed it at the last minute. I'll find the link when I get a chance.

an angelic monkey
Thanks, Sassi!
 an angelic monkey

I'm confused/don't know anything about the gift cards.  I'm waaay behind here, though.  Not sure if that info was in one of the links you provided, above, since I've haven't had time to check them out yet, either!

Hope this new year finds you well,
Hugs,
K. Cat

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #868 on: January 13, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

I thought this was an excellent post on Blinks site.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/#comments

MockingbirdSings says:
January 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I’ve been thinking for the millionth time about how Kyron could have left school. (Yes, I admit we’ve all talked about this before.)

Let’s assume I am a criminal who plans carefully and tries to think of all the things that could go wrong or incriminate me.

1. I must understand that I do not have absolute control of everyone and where they go or what they see and hear, or how they interpret their observations – even less control in a crowded place. However, I do have control over how I present myself and what I appear to be doing, although I must remain aware that circumstances and responses which I have predicted may change.

2. I must anticipate that at some point, LE will search every possible related location in the school, and will use dogs to assist – maybe different dogs trained for different kinds of clues. I do not know how soon that will occur, but I must leave things as “clue free” as possible from the start of my actions to the end. I also cannot have any contamination of my vehicle or my own clothing.

Therefore:

1. HOW I PRESENT MYSELF AND WHAT I APPEAR TO BE DOING:
a – I need to have a knack for improvising, a menu of responses I can use as needed.
a – I could appear to be part of a group – an extra workman, for example.
b – I could use a disguise – a subtle one, such as make-up to change some features slightly or hide a noticeable blemish, etc. Changing from a cap to a hat, adding or removing glasses, and reversing a jacket are easy distractions.
c – I could use a more intricate disguise, added or removed quickly. Strong disguises probably take more time to put on than discard. I could use the disguise the whole time and remove it when I leave the area, or discard it at any point I choose. I could “change” my age, skin tone, facial hair, even my gender and mannerisms.
d – I could present nothing different about how my body looks, but add a prop to take the attention away – frequent use of a camera (people tend to notice and stay out of the way) or a handkerchief covers the face and the “sniffles”.
e – I could use another prop – a clipboard and pen – so people will assume I’m doing something important such as taking notes, evaluating, etc. – keeps the face looking down or away from others. I could write down numbers that are on pipes, measure something that could need replacing, etc. – things people wouldn’t care about, but would think I did.
f – I could appear to be working on something – everybody will assume everyone else knows what I am doing – (requires too many props and possibly uniform and tools – too complex). If I had an accomplice who had a legitimate reason to be working, I could fit in, but then I have to trust someone else either before or after, and I am the only one with “superior skills” for this sort of crime.

2. TAKING KYRON AWAY WITH NO TRACE:
[note: it doesn’t matter if LE did or didn’t examine every car, let dogs sniff around cars, go to everyone’s home and check their vehicle, etc. – the point is that a good planner must assume it will happen]
a – Terri’s (Kaine’s) truck is not a suspicious place for Kyron to be. If no signs of trauma are there, nothing else matters since he rode to school with her anyway.
b – If I use my own vehicle, not even a hair must show up in my vehicle, and no scent – my only option is a container without ventilation, probably lined and already closed when placed in my vehicle (of any type)
c – Another vehicle which would be “safe” for me would be a vehicle where Kyron and many other children mingle frequently – a school bus – as long as there are no signs of trauma.
d – a vehicle that cannot be associated directly with me and will be removed from the area or hidden away indefinitely (riskier)

I do not see (feel free to add) any other ways this could have happened with so little evidence left at the school as there appears to be, unless there WAS evidence and it was overlooked or destroyed. But my original point that whoever was planning would have to plan well in advance without the “overlooked or destroyed” to count on, leads me back to the options I have listed, since “overlooked or destroyed” cannot be counted on or controlled – unless perhaps you are, or have an accomplice, in LE.

Speaking as myself – I don’t have to be super smart to find out what happened to Kyron because I have another weapon on my side – time. As soon as a criminal starts planning a crime, the clock is running on his/her side until the act is completed. BUT, once the act is done, the clock begins running on my side toward finding out what happened and who did it – and MY clock NEVER stops running. History proves that. I may wish it could happen faster, and I keep working toward that end, but someday, people WILL know the answers.

No criminal is smart enough or powerful enough to keep that secret forever because even if that person grows old and dies, people will remember until the crime is solved. We will continue to invent new ways to research and solve crimes, and we will always recognize the vast difference between a so-called “smart criminal” and an intelligent human being. Sooner or later, we win, you lose.

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #869 on: January 13, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »

But almost 1/3 of crimes go unsolved...Sad
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #870 on: January 13, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »

And that is the reality.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: January 13, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »

And that is the reality.

I'm thinking positive that this case won't be one of them. Hopefully 2011 brings resolution to this case. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »

And that is the reality.

I'm thinking positive that this case won't be one of them. Hopefully 2011 brings resolution to this case. 

I hope there is resolution in many cases   an angelic monkey
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #873 on: January 13, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »

Solved/resolution may not include finding Kyron...Sad
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: January 13, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »

Solved/resolution may not include finding Kyron...Sad
True, and I'm afraid many other missing people as well 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #875 on: January 13, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »

I believe Kyron will be found...but he won't be alive.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: January 13, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »

IMO he has been 'gone' since day one.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #877 on: January 13, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »

I think he may be found, years and years from now....I only hope that if he is, the location will match up to whoever they may have convicted in the meantime, if a case is pursued without finding him.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: January 13, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »

IMO he has been 'gone' since day one.

ITA. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: January 13, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »

oops...I was away from puter.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.