April 27, 2024, 06:37:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 199790 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

Terri sounds "insecure".

In other words ... very selfish ... "It is all about me".

Janet

Yes...AND...that "scared to death look" on her face. The questioning look at others?  Insecure and scared.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2011, 04:23:13 PM »

I really hope that the divorce details can be kept sealed.
The sexting, it sure turned alot of persons against her and I can't think of any good reason why they were given to Kaine and why his lawyer felt that it was a good idea, never mind a good legal idea to have them included. I like to know what makes people tick, but those sexts have nothing to do with Kyron and I felt after I read them, that it was none of my business.
I even felt ashamed of myself for reading them. Even if they are expunged from the divorce papers, the information is out there and the damage was done. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube now.   
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2011, 04:31:40 PM »

Terri retained an attorney after the failed sting operation - when it was obvious LE was after her.
That was 3 weeks after Kyron went missing.
That means that she was answering questions...or "talking"...for three weeks.
We understand from an email allegedly from Terri, that she had 5 interviews with LE the first night.

I would hope that anyone of us would retain an attorney if we found out that LE pulled a sting operation against us.
And we know that the first thing defense attorneys advised their clients to do is to "shut up"!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »

The sexting, it sure turned alot of persons against her and I can't think of any good reason why they were given to Kaine and why his lawyer felt that it was a good idea, never mind a good legal idea to have them included. I like to know what makes people tick, but those sexts have nothing to do with Kyron and I felt after I read them, that it was none of my business.
I even felt ashamed of myself for reading them. Even if they are expunged from the divorce papers, the information is out there and the damage was done. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube now.   

IMO...that was the "reason" why the sexting exhibit was filed; a scorched-earth play against Terri.  Yes, it will never be forgotten by anyone who knows about it. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »

Exactly, we have no idea what Kaine, or Terry are thinking. We have no idea what really went on inside that house. Terri could have been sexting MC, just to get back at Kaine for all we know. We have no idea if Kyron was tormented by Terri either, yes, he may have wanted to live with his mother, but like others have pointed out that isn't that unusual, in these types of situations.

I have to remember that Terri is said to have sent James away and that seems like it was a good decision on her part. She also wanted Kyron to stay with his mother full time and as it turns out, that too probably would have been a good decision.The question is why did she want that, what is the factual reason and not the assumed answer. 

Tracygirl

Again ... that is a "He Said; She Said" issue.

When all is said and done ... unless the fly on the wall is being quoted by the media ... none of us wannabe detectives have a clue in regards to the truth encompassing the dynamics inside the Horman household.

Janet

++++++

THE JAMES ISSUE

He Said; She Said?

Terri Horman e-mail provides insight into family tensions
Story Published: Aug 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM PST
Story Updated: Aug 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

Throughout the two-and-a-half month search for Kyron, his older stepbrother, James Moulton, has stayed out of the spotlight. In March, James went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked.

It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion.

One version - in Horman’s own words - was recently forwarded to KATU News.

“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

That’s consistent with what James’ father, Ron Tarver, told Willamette Week, adding the 16-year-old had been acting out and butting heads with his stepfather But Kaine Horman told The Oregonian their relationship was typical and that Terri and her son were the ones who didn’t get along. Kaine said he was often the mitigator between the two of them.

But that’s not what Terri’s friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html

She Said?

Terri tells gym members Kaine wanted her son gone
Story Published: Aug 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM PST
Story Updated: Aug 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. – An acquaintance of Terri Horman, who asked to remain anonymous, said Monday Terri was very upset in the weeks before Kyron vanished because she said her husband, Kaine, was making her teenage son move out of the couple’s Portland home.

According to the acquaintance, Terri Horman came to a 24-Hour Fitness a month to two months before Kyron disappeared and was furious. The source said Terri kept complaining – to anyone who would listen – that Kaine was allegedly making her teenage son move out.

Terri’s 16-year-old son did move out of the home in March.

Friends, who worked out with Terri Horman at that 24-Hour Fitness, testified before a grand jury Monday.

According to sources, the friends were not extremely close to Terri. However, they were close enough that Terri often confided in them with issues from her home.

Three grand jury witnesses declined to speak with reporters outside the Multnomah County Courthouse Monday. All three, according to sources, are members of that 24-Hour Fitness.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100309979.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2011, 05:01:07 PM »

Terri retained an attorney after the failed sting operation - when it was obvious LE was after her.
That was 3 weeks after Kyron went missing.
That means that she was answering questions...or "talking"...for three weeks.
We understand from an email allegedly from Terri, that she had 5 interviews with LE the first night.

I would hope that anyone of us would retain an attorney if we found out that LE pulled a sting operation against us.
And we know that the first thing defense attorneys advised their clients to do is to "shut up"!

Yes ... it was following the FAILED sting operation that Terri clued in that she was the focus of the investigation in regards to the disappearance of her stepson.  It was following the FAILED sting operation that the court documents ... which afforded Kaine custody of Kiara and evicted Terri from the family home ... stated that according to LE there was probable cause that Terri attempted to have her husband murdered and ... probable cause that she was a participant in the disappearing of Kyron.

Think about the sting operation.  The sting operation would not have happened if LE had more than the landscaper's word that there was a MFH plot.

Then think about the outcome of the sting operation.  Terri did not attempt to negotiate with the landscaper to assure his silence ... she immediately called 911.  Would Terri have reacted accordingly if there was truth in the landscaper's words.

Could it be that the landscaper ... not expecting the sting operator ... had come forward with the account of a MFH plot again Kaine as a way to convince LE and the court of public opinion that Terri had to capacity to disappear Kyron?  In other words ... was there an agenda to focus attention on Terri and distract from the truth?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »

Do you think MC told Kaine about the texts? I do because Kaine is still friends with MC or from what I am told MC is on Kaines FB. If true, doesn't that mean MC had to have done something to redeem himself in Kaines eyes? After all, Kaines friend was also sexting during the time he was there to help support Kaine and help find Kyron. I think I would have been pretty upset with both people as well as betrayed. 
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »

Do you think MC told Kaine about the texts? I do because Kaine is still friends with MC or from what I am told MC is on Kaines FB. If true, doesn't that mean MC had to have done something to redeem himself in Kaines eyes? After all, Kaines friend was also sexting during the time he was there to help support Kaine and help find Kyron. I think I would have been pretty upset with both people as well as betrayed. 

Yeah, I saw MC on Kaine's FB friends list months after all of the sexting stuff came about.  I also thought the way MC was reacting to TH's texts may indicate he was possibly working with Kaine.  Several times his response was something along the lines of "You're fun".

On a side note (and I can't remember the names) I remember being surprised by people who were still on his FB, people who had sided with TH.  I think his friends list is no longer public...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

LE knows Terri sent the texts. Her lawyers are not disputing that she sent them. That means it's pretty iron-clad evidence, especially with the photos, and LE can allow Kaine to use them in his divorce case because Terri can't dispute them being hers. What she didn't like was the fact that Kaine's divorce lawyer used them to show what Terri was doing while her daughter was taken away, her husband left her, and her stepson was missing.The real Terri was exposed....in more ways than one.

She was after MC because she needed a replacement for Kaine's financial support. Terri wanted MC to continue to fund her lifestyle. She put him on the fast track plan.

What has the sexting and related photos got to do with the Kyron Horman case.

I realize that the sexting ... online affair ... revealed a conscience void of love for Kyron and Kaine but ... the implication does not necessarily imply that Terri was a participant in her stepson's disappearance.

In every walk of life ... there are persons who commit unconscionable acts that may appear to be ultimate betrayals to the ones they profess to love but these unconscionable acts do not necessarily equate to a disappearing a little boy.

Janet

+++++++

Dateline NBC puts story of missing Kyron in national eye
Published: Monday, July 26, 2010, 11:17 PM
Updated: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 4:26 PM

Desiree Young also elaborated on her split with Kaine Horman in 2002, saying that her then-husband struck up a relationship with Terri Moulton Horman while she was eight months pregnant.

“It was pretty hard to handle,” Young said. “I cried solid for two months and didn't leave the bedroom, because I didn't understand why she somehow equated to something better than me and my son.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/dateline_nbc_highlights_puts_s.html

Janet -

IIRC, the sexting took place "after" Kaine left Terri.  So, it has nothing to do with Kyron's case - and probably not much to do with the divorce, either - except that Kaine has made a questionable copy of the sexting an exhibit to his sworn affidivit - and now, more likely than not, it will be a bone of contention in divorce court - not because of what's in the sexting, but the questionable "copy" that was submitted and the fact that one of phone numbers used in the sexting belonged to Kaine Horman's account (and was not the phone number of MC's telephone). 

I think the following is what you are referring to in you post.

I have read this Blink blog over and over again but ... do not fully comprehend the implication.  Puzzler ... could you please guide me through the process using baby steps.

Thanks

Janet

+++++++

Kyron Horman Case: Terri Horman Sexts Sent To Kaine Horman’s Phone…. WHAT?
Posted by Blink | Tuesday 2 November 2010 5:32 pm

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/#comments

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »

Yeah, I saw MC on Kaine's FB friends list months after all of the sexting stuff came about.  I also thought the way MC was reacting to TH's texts may indicate he was possibly working with Kaine.  Several times his response was something along the lines of "You're fun".

On a side note (and I can't remember the names) I remember being surprised by people who were still on his FB, people who had sided with TH.  I think his friends list is no longer public...

Is this what Blink is alluding to in her article?

Janet

++++++

Kyron Horman Case: Terri Horman Sexts Sent To Kaine Horman’s Phone…. WHAT?
Posted by Blink | Tuesday 2 November 2010 5:32 pm

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/#comments

Kaine Horman: High-School Friend Contacted Family After Kyron Disappeared, Then Started Affair
3:26 PM July 12th, 2010 by James Pitkin

The stepmom of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman started an affair with a high-school friend of Kyron’s father after the boy disappeared, according to a court document (PDF) filed today by Kyron’s dad.

Kaine Horman tells WW he hadn’t seen Michael Cook since high school, but Cook contacted the family after Kyron disappeared June 4. The two men went to high-school together in Seattle.

“The first time I’ve seen him since then was when Kyron went missing,” Kaine Horman says.

Kaine Horman alleges in his filing in Multnomah County Circuit Court that his wife,Terri Moulton Horman, started an affair with Cook around June 30. That was four days after Kaine Horman left his home with the the couple’s 20-month-old daughter, Kiara. Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman on June 28.

The document filed today alleges Terri Horman began “sexting” with Cook, Kaine Horman’s high-school friend — sending hundreds of text messages and photos of herself “in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity.” The document says that based on statements from law enforcement, Kaine Horman believes the relationship involved “sexual activity.”

The document asks Judge Keith Meisenheimer to find Terri Moulton Horman in contempt of court for showing a copy of Kaine Horman’s application for a restraining order to Cook, including his listed address. The document says Terri Horman was under orders not to do so.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/12/court-doc-terri-horman-started-affair-after-kyron-disappeared/

Court Documents
http://media.wweek.com/attach/2010/07/12/contempt.pdf

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »

In all fairness I should have included, it could mean he didn't update the fb and remove friends. We have never really been told how active he was on FB.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »

I do not understand what is going over on Blink's site at all. They mostly seem convinced that not only the glasses, but the clothing shown by LE back in June, were all found and are Kyron's actual items. I think this is completely wrong and untrue. Why would LE be showing items already found and asking people to look out for them? They have said repeatedly that they have nothing to indicate what happened to Kyron and if they had recovered all of his clothes and his glasses, I would think that would tell them something or other. And what would be the chances they would find everything? In fact, I don't understand the whole "suspect zero" thing going on over at that site and the insistence that Kyron was seen leaving with someone.

Wow, took the words right out of my mouth!  I dont get it either. Unfortunatly I cannot coment on this case very much because I would get banned.

Blink is so respectable so I tend to go with her but still get so confused over the cryptic wording used over there.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2011, 07:15:48 PM »

I do not understand what is going over on Blink's site at all. They mostly seem convinced that not only the glasses, but the clothing shown by LE back in June, were all found and are Kyron's actual items. I think this is completely wrong and untrue. Why would LE be showing items already found and asking people to look out for them? They have said repeatedly that they have nothing to indicate what happened to Kyron and if they had recovered all of his clothes and his glasses, I would think that would tell them something or other. And what would be the chances they would find everything? In fact, I don't understand the whole "suspect zero" thing going on over at that site and the insistence that Kyron was seen leaving with someone.

Wow, took the words right out of my mouth!  I dont get it either. Unfortunatly I cannot coment on this case very much because I would get banned.

Blink is so respectable so I tend to go with her but still get so confused over the cryptic wording used over there.

Leroy

I have attempted to navigate the Blink on Crime site but ... all for naught.  What is the link to the topic pertaining to Kyron's clothes?

Thank You

Janet

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »

One thing said on Blinks site a few days ago was regarding the outfit they had on displayed. Let me copy what was said. I didn't notice I suppose the pants were in the condition they were. This posters has an interesting comment

evie says: December 29, 2010 at 7:47 pm
“Someone asked this week about the samples of Kyron’s clothing that was displayed. I’ve had the link open here but no chance to reply. See the clothing photos here: http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm#kyron
‘the likenesses of the shirt, pants, socks and shoes Kyron was wearing on the day of his disappearance. The pants displayed here are of the same style Kyron was wearing, but those he was last seen in were darker. Otherwise these clothes represent identifying items in this search. We show these items to create additional awareness for the public – seeing any of these items individually (a sock, a shirt or shoe) could be the tip that we need to locate Kyron.’”

Maybe it’s just me, but it struck me as weird that the police put on display what appear to be dirty (or stained) socks and bleach-spotted pants. Kyron’s family had tons of his clothes from which to select replicas for the socks and pants. Why pick those? Or are these the actual clothing, located by law enforcement or perhaps returned by the kidnapper?

It was also very strange how the glasses were shown as close-ups, right down to the side of the frame, giving the brand, model, and size. Did law enforcement have reason to believe that someone went to buy replacement glasses for Kyron? Or did they believe that the glasses were kept as a souvenir of sorts by the kidnapper?
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »

Several have asked what the sexting has to do with Kyron's disappearance, or I guess what it means to us - because at this point we don't know what it means to LE and their investigation.

I think that many of us on the "it matters" side of the fence feel it matters because it shows a state of mind towards the disappearance of the child.  In our eyes, in our *opinions* (with all the implications that word has) it shows a callousness and disregard for the state her life *should* be in if she were truly grieving and worried about the missing child.  In our eyes, it shows that rather than worrying about little Kyron (and three weeks is wayyy to early to be resolved), she's got extra-curricular activity of some sort on her mind.  It also shows that she's inappropriate in a way that is striking, and that inappropriateness again points back towards her feelings about the disappearance of Kyron.

Just as you feel it doesn't matter, it does strongly matter - so thank you for asking "why".  Just as we respect your opinion that it doesn't, I truly hope you respect our opinion that it not only does is quite significant.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »

Oops should ready "Just as you feel it doesn't matter, we feel it does strongly..." blah blah blah.  Very Happy  Self edit.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:44 PM »

Tracygirl -- thank you.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »

One thing said on Blinks site a few days ago was regarding the outfit they had on displayed. Let me copy what was said. I didn't notice I suppose the pants were in the condition they were. This posters has an interesting comment

evie says: December 29, 2010 at 7:47 pm
“Someone asked this week about the samples of Kyron’s clothing that was displayed. I’ve had the link open here but no chance to reply. See the clothing photos here: http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm#kyron
‘the likenesses of the shirt, pants, socks and shoes Kyron was wearing on the day of his disappearance. The pants displayed here are of the same style Kyron was wearing, but those he was last seen in were darker. Otherwise these clothes represent identifying items in this search. We show these items to create additional awareness for the public – seeing any of these items individually (a sock, a shirt or shoe) could be the tip that we need to locate Kyron.’”

Maybe it’s just me, but it struck me as weird that the police put on display what appear to be dirty (or stained) socks and bleach-spotted pants. Kyron’s family had tons of his clothes from which to select replicas for the socks and pants. Why pick those? Or are these the actual clothing, located by law enforcement or perhaps returned by the kidnapper?

It was also very strange how the glasses were shown as close-ups, right down to the side of the frame, giving the brand, model, and size. Did law enforcement have reason to believe that someone went to buy replacement glasses for Kyron? Or did they believe that the glasses were kept as a souvenir of sorts by the kidnapper?
I kept looking at the pants and wondered why they appeared stained. The socks I really didn't pay attention to, but those pants just jumped out at you. Could that just be the pants? Could it be the photography?
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2011, 07:40:48 PM »

I know that half the stuff I look at on Ebay, there is a note saying "the spots or discoloration is from the camera, blah, blah, blah," and I think that may be the case with the pants. I think if the pair LE showed are a pair of Kyron's, they are the closest in style the parents had to show. I really do not think they are stained (or that they are THE pants.)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2011, 07:44:39 PM »

I know that half the stuff I look at on Ebay, there is a note saying "the spots or discoloration is from the camera, blah, blah, blah," and I think that may be the case with the pants. I think if the pair LE showed are a pair of Kyron's, they are the closest in style the parents had to show. I really do not think they are stained (or that they are THE pants.)
Thank-you, I don't believe they are the pants either.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.