April 16, 2024, 10:06:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Trivia....  (Read 105620 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

Jacque....I give....you will have to wait for a younger, smarter, with it monkey.....I found it but still have NEVER heard of it.....so to speak.. Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of.

Nother hint:  This guy was not CLOWNING around.....

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »

I'd like to tell you about a guy I know, a friend of mine. His name is ___ . And he has the heart of a giant, and that rare form of courage that allows him to kid himself and his opponent, cancer. He has a mental attitude that makes me proud to have a friend who spells out the world 'courage,' 24 hours a day, every day of his life. Now you honor me by giving me this award. But I say to you here now ***** is the man who deserves the George S. Halas award. It is mine tonight... and ****** tomorrow.

If this movie did not make you cry....

You have no tear ducts.........

This one is easy (I think).

Brian's Song

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: August 24, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »

I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of.

I'm with MeMere. I'm clueless. I haven't seen it. I can't even remember any advertisements.

And I know if I ever saw that picture, I would have remembered it because it would have given me nightmares Laughing

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2006, 05:07:49 PM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Very Happy

And if I'm wrong about Spencer's Mountain -- how about State Fair with Pat Boone.

I remember the 'mincemeat' part -- just can't remember the movie. lol

Yep, the 1962 version of 'State Fair', my favorite.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: August 24, 2006, 05:09:11 PM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Ok what movie had Ronnie Burns (son of George and Gracie) in it?

The movie also featured Pat Boones 'Love Letters in the Sand' in it.

Anatomy Of A Psycho

Nope.

Movie was about 'Preppie' types in the 50's.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: August 24, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »

I'm with MeMere. I'm clueless. I haven't seen it. I can't even remember any advertisements.

And I know if I ever saw that picture, I would have remembered it because it would have given me nightmares Laughing

Heh, heh, from that pic, I can tell you for sure I would never have seen it.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: August 24, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »

Very Happy

And if I'm wrong about Spencer's Mountain -- how about State Fair with Pat Boone.

I remember the 'mincemeat' part -- just can't remember the movie. lol

Yep, the 1962 version of 'State Fair', my favorite.

Laughing

"Our State Fair is the best state fair....don't miss it..don't even be late" Very Happy

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: August 24, 2006, 05:34:32 PM »

1999 movie

"Razors pain you, rivers are dammed, acid stains you, drugs cause cramps, guns aren't lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful, you might as well live..."

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: August 24, 2006, 05:44:20 PM »

1999 movie

"Razors pain you, rivers are dammed, acid stains you, drugs cause cramps, guns aren't lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful, you might as well live..."

Pure guess, cause I have never seen the movie.
But is it Girl Interupted?

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2006, 05:46:16 PM »

Heh, heh, from that pic, I can tell you for sure I would never have seen it.

HEH HEH....The book scared me more than the movie...

Stephen Kings....IT

That is Pennywise the clown.

And yep Sharon....Brians Song.

One of the best made for TV movies imo....

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:17 PM »

1999 movie

You are correct Very Happy

I thought that quote would be clue enough Cool

I thought it was a great movie. Obviously very dark, however. I was a big Winona Ryder fan, back when she made movies Laughing

Angelina Jolie did a great job as well -- but I'm not sure she had to 'act' too much.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2006, 05:55:19 PM »

1999 movie

You are correct Very Happy

I thought that quote would be clue enough Cool

I thought it was a great movie. Obviously very dark, however. I was a big Winona Ryder fan, back when she made movies Laughing

Angelina Jolie did a great job as well -- but I'm not sure she had to 'act' too much.

True that....LOL...

Actually the one movie I really liked her in was GIA....It was a made for HBO movie , true story of the beautiful model.

I've tried to watch Mr and Mrs Smith a couple of times and just can't get into it.  But I have never been much of a PITT fan anway....

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2006, 06:00:37 PM »

John - ain't you going to say hello to your pa? :

He's not my pa!

Rachel :

No, and he ain't no preacher neither!

This is one of my all time favorites.

Year: 1955....

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »

Gotta run.

I should be back later -- Dolphins are on tonight which will keep dh occupied.

Saw Mr & Mrs Smith about 2 weeks ago. You did not miss anything.

I don't think I saw Gia.

But I'm almost positive my husband read that Steven King book --  I think that scary clown was on the cover.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #515 on: August 24, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

There were a lot of films I watched with my Dad on Sunday afternoons..the black & whites...many brought the tears...such as Brian's Song.

Just looked for this, because my friends and I sobbed all the way home from the theater, and quite frankly, it brought the tears, again:

Emma: I know you like me. I know it. For the last year or two, you've been pretending like you hate me. I love you very much. I love you as much as I love anybody, as much as I love myself. And in a few years when I haven't been around to be on your tail about something or irritating you, you could...remember that time that I bought you the baseball glove when you thought we were too broke. You know? Or when I read you those stories? Or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn? Lots of things like that. And you're gonna realize that you love me. And maybe you're gonna feel badly, because you never told me. But don't - I know that you love me. So don't ever do that to yourself, all right?
Tommy: OK.
Emma: OK?
Tommy: I said, 'OK.'

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #516 on: August 24, 2006, 06:39:28 PM »

I meant Brian Song brought tears later in time...not that it was b/w oldie.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: August 24, 2006, 06:39:46 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
There were a lot of films I watched with my Dad on Sunday afternoons..the black & whites...many brought the tears...such as Brian's Song.

Just looked for this, because my friends and I sobbed all the way home from the theater, and quite frankly, it brought the tears, again:

Emma: I know you like me. I know it. For the last year or two, you've been pretending like you hate me. I love you very much. I love you as much as I love anybody, as much as I love myself. And in a few years when I haven't been around to be on your tail about something or irritating you, you could...remember that time that I bought you the baseball glove when you thought we were too broke. You know? Or when I read you those stories? Or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn? Lots of things like that. And you're gonna realize that you love me. And maybe you're gonna feel badly, because you never told me. But don't - I know that you love me. So don't ever do that to yourself, all right?
Tommy: OK.
Emma: OK?
Tommy: I said, 'OK.'

Terms of Endearment.

Now please pass the tissues please.

That scene broke my heart.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: August 24, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
I meant Brian Song brought tears later in time...not that it was b/w oldie.

That movie means a lot to me too.

My dad was (and still is) a great man but on the quiet side.

But when this movie was aired , he was interested in it because of the football theme, and I remember him telling me...Jacqueline, watch this with me...

We did.  Our whole family did....

As I've gotten older and my dad too he has opened up alot more than when I was a kid....We talk all the time, ya just gotta draw him out a bit.

But I will always remember how great i felt, me and my dad watching this movie together.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #519 on: August 24, 2006, 06:46:16 PM »

The boy who played Tommy was something else. (Troy Bishop)...Nicholson, MacClaine, Winger, Lithgow...

Yep, broke mine, too.  Steel Magnolias was another....trying to remember some of those old movies...Dad would say he wasn't crying...but I knew better.  Greer Garson was in one of them..not sure if it was Mrs. Miniver or other...

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.