Tamikosmom:
 ::MonkeyHeart::

Tamikosmom:
I Consider Myself Lucky

LOVING NATALEE
A MOTHER'S TESTAMENT OF HOPE AND FAITH
By Beth Holloway

<snipped>

At the top of her closet are some boxes, heavy ones.  I pull them down and open them to find Natalee’s composition notebook, which is actually a journal from a high-school English class.  It’s in her handwriting.  I have never seen this before.  As I open it, I instantly feel her with me right now at this moment, like a physical presence.  Overwhelmed with this warmth, I take the journal out and sit down on her bed to read what she has written about love and life.

Family is like a deck of cards.  You never know what kind of card you’ll draw.  No one is able to choose their family, but has to accept their own family.  I consider myself lucky because I am really happy with the family that I have to me, family is very important and should be a person’s top priority.

<snipped>

:smt060

Tamikosmom:
Natalee's Hero

LOVING NATALEE
A MOTHER'S TESTAMENT OF HOPE AND FAITH
By Beth Holloway

<snipped>

As I read on in the journal, I discover that one of the most moving entries is her desription of a hero.  Natalee writes:

A Hero is someone who puts others before himself.  He or she is very selfless and cares about the well-being of others.  Heroes also accept life's challenges and remain strong through tough times.  They also have a strong sense of determination and stick to goals and morals.  I believe that heroes uphold morals and try to encourage others to live life morally correct.  Heroes are not only just people called in times of physical danger, but individuals that can both emotionally and physically help people get through rough times.  A hero should always show respect for other people as well as respect for himself.

Instantly I realize that Natalee is poignantly describing the people who have reached out to help her family get through this "tough time."  It's almost as if she is thanking everyone herself by recognizing the importance of selfless people.  And I am amazed at her profound words here.  I sit and read the entire journal ...

<snipped>

:smt060

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page