April 24, 2024, 04:51:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #856 2/14/11 - 3/20/11  (Read 341996 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »

Is it just me or does it seem like every time Alex Matthews is in Kia there's trouble there 

Aruba knows it too, remember they took him to Bonaire first.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8277.msg1203426#msg1203426
http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_76393.php
 ::snipping2::
As a precaution to avoid problems and Mathew was flown to Bonaire where he currently resides in prison, pending the further course of the investigation. Not only because of the "friendly contacts" but also because of the aggressive history of Mathew. He was previously convicted of violent crimes in 2001 and spent the interim director Ben King KIA serious bodily injury. "He obviously has problems with Aruban authorities for his bad decisions," said Jaap Zondervan officer.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-kara-kopetsky-case-featured-tvshow-2011220,0,1812189.story

Family Wants to Keep Case in the Spotlight

FOX 4 Web Producer
February 20, 2011

BELTON, Mo. — One metro couple hopes a new television series will help keep their story in the national spotlight. The parents of missing teen Kara Kopetsky will soon appear on a television show called "Vanished" on the Lifetime Network.

The television series "Vanished" will be hosted by Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalie Holloway who turned up missing in Aruba nearly six years ago. Holloway was 18-years-old at the time of her disappearance. Kopetsky was 17-years-old when she disappeared. But the parallels between these two teens runs much deeper than that.

Kopetksy's mom, Rhonda Beckrod says there's a person of interest involved in both cases. Both girls were high school seniors when they disappeared. Kopetsky's favorite color was purple and so was Holloway's.

"She actually asked me what I had done with Kara's room," Beckford said. "I told her I'd kept it the same. So I asked her if you don't mind telling me, what have you done with Natalie's?"

Beth Holloway has a special room for her daughter too. Kopetsky's stepfather Jim Beckford says Beth Holloway thanked them for all they've done in their search for their daughter.

"People we don't know have enveloped Kara with their love," said Jim Beckford. "I said she's not just our daughter. She's everyone's daughter just like Natalie."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »

O/T I started a special "get well" thread for 2NJ.  We still don't know what's wrong but we have tried calling and emailing and no answer.  I'm assuming that she's in the hospital.  I have her address so if people want to leave get well wishes for her I'll print them out and send to her home in a card.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.0
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE,

AND STEPHANY!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »

http://**/news/localnews/2011/02/20/mother-of-missing-student-to-speak-at-sa-23.php

Mother of missing student to speak at SAU Tech in Camden
By: Tammy Frazier - -   Published: 02/20/2011

CAMDEN - With the recent appearance by television news personality Ed Gordon for its Black History Celebration 2011 event of Feb. 15, Southern Arkansas University Tech in East Camden raised the bar for guest speakers in the area. And so will SAU Tech’s next scheduled speaker: A mother who travels the globe speaking about personal safety - Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway.

The event will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 14, at the Charles O. Ross Center in Camden as part of SAU Tech’s Distinguished Speaker Series. Complimentary tickets are now available by contacting the ...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »

http://**/news/localnews/2011/02/20/mother-of-missing-student-to-speak-at-sa-23.php

Mother of missing student to speak at SAU Tech in Camden
By: Tammy Frazier - -   Published: 02/20/2011

CAMDEN - With the recent appearance by television news personality Ed Gordon for its Black History Celebration 2011 event of Feb. 15, Southern Arkansas University Tech in East Camden raised the bar for guest speakers in the area. And so will SAU Tech’s next scheduled speaker: A mother who travels the globe speaking about personal safety - Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway.

The event will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 14, at the Charles O. Ross Center in Camden as part of SAU Tech’s Distinguished Speaker Series. Complimentary tickets are now available by contacting the ...

Thanks Klaas

Janet

++++++

2011 SAU Tech Distinguished Speaker

<snipped>

Sandy Neely

For your free tickets you can email me at sneely@sautech.edu, call me at 870.574.4521, or come by The Extended Education Office that is located on the main campus at SAU Tech in the Administration Building 2nd floor Room AD250. I will need to know the number of tickets you would like and your address. Sitting is limited, and if for so...me unforeseen reason you're unable to attend this event, we ask that you please pass your tickets on to someone else. Ms. Holloway will have a book signing after the event if you’re interested in purchasing her book.

On behalf of SAU Tech and The Extended Education Office, we thank you for your interest.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139753542751441&index=1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »

Beth Holloway: International Travel Safety

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 @ 7:00 PM | Appleton, Wisconsin

This is a FREE event for students, parents, educators, and all interested in learning more about safe international travel. Don't miss this special presentation by Beth Holloway.

Missing persons and travel safety will take the spotlight during a visit to the Fox Cities by Beth Holloway. Beth's daughter, Natalee, disappeared in Aruba during a 2005 class trip. Still unsolved, Natalee's highly visible case continues to captivate the nation.  Beth's special evening presentation at FVTC's Appleton campus will focus on the memory and legacy of Natalee, and provide a strong message about ensuring personal safety while traveling internationally.

Event Location

This event is free and open to the public, and will be held at 7:00pm. Registration is not required.

Fox Valley Technical College
Appleton Campus - Room A170 A-D
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Appleton, WI  54914
Phone:  888-370-1752

<snipped>

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=117

+++++++++

A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

I Feel Such Regret

Page 31:
  Clutching both portraits, Jug and I drive to the private hangar at the far side of the Birmingham airport.  On the way I contact Cingular Wireless and have international calling activated on my cell.  I activate Natalee's too.  If she has hers with her, she can call me now.  If she had had international calling last night, she could have called someone for help.  Why didn't we do this before she left?  I feel such regret.

The Goal of Education

Page 208
:  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

______

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Bumped

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2011/02/21/set-reports-from-justice-for-natalee-hound-dogs-in-new-orleans/

Set Reports from ‘Justice For Natalee’ & ‘Hound Dogs’ in New Orleans

by Christine on February 21, 2011 · 0 comments

in News,On Location Photos

For the scene I appeared in for Justice For Natalee, we shot on Saturday, Feb. 12th. It was set in Aruba and I was assigned to be a cameraman. We were filming at the Gretna Courthouse and they had other extras walking around as tourists as we were filming. Tracy Pollan (who is married to Michael J. Fox) plays Natalee Holloway’s mother, Beth Twitty.

After that scene finished at around 11 A.M., we changed into our second wardrobe choice to play FBI Agents for the next few hours, I had a gun and a badge! I was pretending to get cash out of the ATM Machine with confidential files in my hand outside of the building, which by the way was in Birmingham, Al. Then I was walking into the FBI Building with another extra while drinking coffee and pretending to talk while Tracy Pollan and Michael Beach (who plays her lawyer) were outside talking.

After a catered lunch, we filmed again between 3-8 P.M. I was a cameraman again because the actor playing Joran van der Sloot, Natalee’s suspected killer, was being brought into the FBI Building in handcuffs and we were supposed to swarm them and take pictures.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »

Translated

Coast Guard for the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba Sunday, February 20, 2011

Coastguard coordinate search for swimmer The Rescue and Coordination Centre (RCC) of the Coast Guard of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the Caribbean was on Friday a report of the cruise ship "Grandeur of the Seas" that a crew member on board had fallen. The ship was at that time, eight miles north of Aruba.

Last Friday around 23.00 hours there was a message to the RCC in the Coast Guard of the cruise ship "Grandeur of the Seas" Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. A crew member fell overboard was about 8 miles north of Aruba. SuperRHIB a Panther and the Coast Guard cutter, along with the helicopter of the Aruba Police Force (KPA), a unit of the volunteer rescue organization SARFA, and the Lynx helicopter from the frigate HMS ship station Rotterdam, tore a search immediately for stroke, but in the dark it is extremely difficult for a person to find. After 04.00 hours it was decided to resume the search at dawn. The Dash-8, maritime patrol aircraft of the Coast Guard is deployed, and vessels in the vicinity were asked to look into the drowning. Unfortunately, after the great effort and good cooperation of the above organizations, the person could not be found and the search was around 16.00 hours on Saturday afternoon, was canceled. He is probably deceased.

http://www.nieuwsbank.nl/inp/2011/02/21/V027.htm
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/27993-turista-ta-bula-y-suicida-for-di-grandeur-of-the-seas-panort-di-aruba.html

Papiamentu translation:

tourist is fly y suicida for of grandeur or the seas panort of aruba

saturday, 19 february 2011 09:20

one tourist abordo of the crusero grandeur or the seas owing to fly for of the barco cometiendo suicidio. past owing to let one carta behind also. is deal of one tourist among 20 cu 30 year die dad. for of instant cu the informacion owing to enter at once the crusero owing to beat alarma. the crusero owing to end of leave for of curacao y was bayendo another destiny. apparently is panama the will was bayendo. diaranzon the barco crusero here was at aruba. past owing to leave go curacao y now owing to follow his caminda pasando panort of aruba caminda cu the passenger owing to fly for of the barco. what is the motibo exact cu past owing to comete suicidio do not conoci. more bien past owing to let one carta but the contenido do not conoci. 

saturday morning still was buscando as for her curpa at life or without life.

If only one person went overboard, the story sure has changed.  If I understood correctly this one had it as a "tourist" that jumped overboard, and left a note...but they didn't know what the note said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3684:veiligheid-kia-niet-optimaal&catid=151:artikel-headline-aruba&Itemid=200

Google translation:

"Safety is not optimal KIA"

Monday, 21 February 2011 6:59 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - There are places in the correction Institute Aruba (KIA) which can not directly Justice to act quickly. This gave the Minister of Justice and Education, Arthur Dower (AVP), stated this morning after yesterday's eight prisoners climbed the roof of the prison in protest.

The Minister discussed the situation in the prison in recent years developed into one where "prisoners can abuse certain circumstances. He indicates that there is already a report about the insecurity in KIA. "While doing the management and staff of the prison their best to prison to run optimally. But there are certainly places in the prison where justice can not directly involved to take action, "he said. He expects to receive today a report on how a group of eight prisoners on the roof of KIA was entitled to come.

Yesterday morning around nine hours the message came in that a number of prisoners on the roof of the prison had come. The rest of the prisoners had thus returned to their cells as a precaution. Staff at the prison, but negotiators from the police, the group of eight prisoners could not get off the roof. The mobile unit and the fire brigade were deployed. With firefighting equipment on the roof, the officers went after the prisoners, armed with sticks and blocks, were sprayed with a spray fire. Once on the roof of the riot police have solved a number of warning shots. The prisoners were eventually overpowered. The situation in prison is under control, assures the minister that says not to know who is behind the uprising.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »

I think they DO know who is behind the uprising... 

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/28101-edwardo-mathew-ta-keha-gobierno-na-mundo.html

Papiamentu translation:

edwardo mathew is complain gobierno at world

monday, 21 february 2011 19:21

the conocido detenido edwardo “alex” mathew owing to complain gobierno of aruba y polisnan for abuse fisico contra detenidonan yesterday in kia. seems cu the comision of detenidonan in kia not owing to aprecia the form bruto con the team of “mobiele eenheid” of police owing to mobilisa yesterday at instant of reestablece ordo in the institute.

Commission for the Detainees
Institute Coreccional Nacional (ICN/KIA)
Santo di Patia 1
Aruba

February 21, 2011

Court of Justice of Aruba
Wayaca 33E
Aruba

ATTN: The Honorable Judges of Instruction:
 The Honorable Judge Angela
 The Honorable Judge J.F. Haeck
 The Honorable Judge Yarzagaray

RE: KIA DETAINEES-PHYSICAL ABUSE ON FEB. 20, 2011

Dear Honorable Judges of Instruction:

We the Commission for the Detainees at the ICN/KIA write to inform you of the
following:

As a result of the continued abuse against us at the hands of the ICN/KIA and the Aruban
Government, some of the people whom are tired of sleeping in the rain and having our
basic human rights dictated by law and international standards and treaties, violated and
trampled on, participated in a protest within this facility yesterday February 20, 2011.

The police who showed up took this opportunity to shoot at the detainees, strip them
naked in front of everyone and then proceeded to beat them while their hands and feet
were handcuffed/ tied and also while they lay flat on their stomachs on the ground.
Clearly this overly excessive use of force is illegal, inhuman and degrading treatment,
and unjustified given the fact that these detainees were already contained, on the ground
and fully restrained.

This is also completely against all national and international laws and treaties and against
all human rights standards including “The Standard Minimum Rules for the treatment of
prisoners” which states that “inhuman or degrading punishments shall be completely
prohibited as punishments for disciplinary offences”.  It is also against the laws set by the
European Convention for the Prevention of torture and inhuman and degrading treatment
(CPT). Given the CPT’s most recent report on Aruba which stated that “ill-treatment by
the police in Aruba is by no means a rare phenomenon”; it is evident that the CPT is in
agreement that there is clear and blatant abuse taking place in Aruba against prisoners
and detained persons. As a result they have made several recommendations and 2
statements condemning the treatment of prisoners here; Recommendations which we may
add have fallen on the deaf ears of the Aruban Government and which the Appeal court
Judges have done nothing about.

Nonetheless, it is clear to us that the Aruban Government and it’s police force have no
respect for the very same laws which they are entrusted to uphold and thus ask the
Honorable courts and it’s Honorable Judges of Instruction to get involved and intervene
in this situation.

As the Commission for the Detainees we demand a thorough investigation on the
physical abuse inflicted on the prisoners yesterday and for the Honorable Judges of
Instruction of the First Instant Court of Aruba to immediately come see for themselves
that these prisoners whom were viciously beaten yesterday are Ok. We respectfully
request the above, with sincere hope to avoid further problems and additional disorder
within this facility.

We hope to have informed you sufficiently and await your prompt reply!

Sincerely,
Edwardo Mathew
On behalf of the Commission for the Detainees at the ICN/KIA

Cc: United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights–– email: infoDesk@ohchr.org
The European courts of Human Rights –– Fax (0033)-388- 412-730
Her Majesty the Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
Mr. H.E. Mr. F.J. Refunjol, Governor of Aruba –– Fax (297) 582-0730
Mr. Arthur Dowers, Minister of Justice –– Fax (297) 582-7518
Attorney Zara –– email: johnfmzara@yahoo.com
European Convention for the Prevention of torture & inhuman & degrading treatment
Mr. Barack Obama, President of the United States
Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State
National & International Media
Amnesty International
Human Rights Organizations
Consulates

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2011, 08:41:22 PM »

SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY TECH'S DISTINGUISHED SPEAKERS SERIES

Beth Holloway

Mother of Natalee Holloway, Speaker and Educator

SAU Tech is proud to announce Beth Holloway as the fourth annual distinguished speaker for 2011.  Holloway shares her experiences in facing a personal tragedy and shares how her faith, courage, dedication and strength has brought her through to today.  How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity?  Do we all have capacity to overcome tragedy?  Find out as you listen to her story.

March 14, 2011
Charles O. Ross Center
Call For a Complimentary Ticket - 870.574.4521

<snipped>

http://www.sautech.edu/docs/Beth%20Holloway1.pdf

Triumph Over Devastation

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith

<snipped>

Page 19 - In each city I have the privilege to speak to several high schools, churches, or law enforcement and civic groups.  This translates to thousands of youths and adults.  Delivering this safety message is my triumph over devastation.  If gives me great joy and is tremendously rewarding work.  I think that I can bear the pain of losing Natalee if it means that I can prevent another family from going through our tragic experience.  If even just one young person in tens of thousands is saved, then it's well worth it.

<snipped>

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »

Interested in hearing more about missing persons cases?
Beth's visit is part of FVTC's Criminal Justice Center for Innovation's annual national training conference on Responding to Missing and Unidentified Persons to be held February 22-24 at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. This conference is designed for community safety planning, sharing resources, and bridging gaps to help bring resolution to families of the missing, communities, and investigations. Visit the Conference Website to find out more!

Beth will provide the keynote presentation on day one of the conference. In reviewing Natalee's case, Beth will outline what went right, what went wrong, and discuss opportunities for collaboration with law enforcement and other agencies regarding future missing persons' cases. Additional highlighted conference speakers include Dr. Emily Craig, Kentucky State Medical Examiner's Office; Sgt. Jon Mattsen, King County Sheriff's Office; and Dr. Daniel and Gil Harrington, parents of Morgan Harrington.   ::snipping2::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2011, 11:25:32 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/natalee_face_off_gYxTwPd7wU8tfJZSfkITiN

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »

Posted in 2NJ's get well thread an update:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.msg1306248#msg1306248
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2011, 02:18:59 AM »

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »

This is a FREE event for students, parents, educators, and all interested in learning more about safe international travel. Don't miss this special presentation by Beth Holloway.

Missing persons and travel safety will take the spotlight during a visit to the Fox Cities by Beth Holloway. Beth's daughter, Natalee, disappeared in Aruba during a 2005 class trip. Still unsolved, Natalee's highly visible case continues to captivate the nation.  Beth's special evening presentation at FVTC's Appleton campus will focus on the memory and legacy of Natalee, and provide a strong message about ensuring personal safety while traveling internationally.

Event Location

This event is free and open to the public, and will be held at 7:00pm. Registration is not required.

Fox Valley Technical College
Appleton Campus - Room A170 A-D
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Appleton, WI  54914
Phone:  888-370-1752

<snipped>

Today will be a big day in Appleton, Wisconsin for the mother of Natalee Holloway in her ongoing quest to be a voice for her daughter who was denied justice by a corrupt Aruban investigation.

If those within the Aruban/Dutch administrations thought for one minute that the Natalee Holloway case would fade from media attention ... would become a distance memory ... they underestimated the determination of a mother's love.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKtT9m_g28

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SsKtT9m_g28?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/SsKtT9m_g28?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.