March 28, 2024, 12:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #856 2/14/11 - 3/20/11  (Read 339732 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »

Dave Holloway's perspective when he first set foot on the Island was that drug enforcement was a non-issue.

Janet

+++++++

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
by Dave Holloway

Excerpts

Page 9:
  In fact, he (Jacobs) was so confident that she was just partying it up or on drugs that he told us this particular bar would be the best place to find her.  However, he did warn us to watch our drinks very carefully, adding that sometimes people put drugs into them.

Page 10:  While customers must pass by a bouncer at the door, there was no indication that he was stopping anyone from entering. The bar was packed with teenagers doing Jell-O shots and sleazy-looking island boys preying on the beautiful young female tourist ...

I did not want to stay inside, so we hung out around the street corners. In less than two hours, we probably experienced at least ten to fifteen offers from various drug dealers who wanted us to buy from them.

Page 16:  During our daylight searches throughout the island, our group came across many abandoned houses where drug addicts had left razors and other drug paraphernalia. Some were filled with foul smelling odors, feces, urine, cardboard boxes they used as blankets or beds, and general trash. One of those houses was located right next to a fine restaurant near the hotel area and a McDonald’s ...

Several times, people came into the hotel to meet with other locals and an apparent drug deal was taking place. The person would come in to scope out the area prior to doing the deal.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »

Judges response - granted but they need to file papers within 5 days of the 17th:

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2011, 10:25:34 PM »

Judges response - granted but they need to file papers within 5 days of the 17th:

Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder what a "fully executed stipulation" involves! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2011, 10:44:15 PM »

Fully executed stipulation is probably more than the Kalpoe attorneys want to do or they would have done it in the first place. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2011, 10:50:30 PM »

Fully executed stipulation is probably more than the Kalpoe attorneys want to do or they would have done it in the first place. 
I just don't know what all this entails. Is this just a formality or is it a major undertaking?? I sure wish we had a lawyer following along to enlighten us!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »

I WANT to believe that the judge is merely extending every possible latitude to the Plaintiffs before a "summary judgment" is awarded to the defendants.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2011, 10:58:43 PM »

I found this at lawguru.com  don't know if it is pertinent

A STIPULATION OF DISCONTINUANCE is an agreement by two or more parties to resolve a lawsuit by agreeing to 'Discontinue' the lawsuit. 'Discontinue' is Lawyer-speak for 'End' and 'Stipulation' is just lawyer-speak for the word 'Agreement'. If a Stipulation of Discontinuance is signed by the parties AND filed with the court where legal action is currently pending, it effectively ends the litigation (lawsuit) between thos parties.

A Stipulation of Discontinuance is nearly always based on the parties having previously executed (signing) a settlement agreement which may or may not be filed together with the Stipulation of Discontinuance.

A 'Stipulation' is commonly referred to as a 'Stip' and is used as both a verb ("Let's Stip it") and a noun ("Sign the Stip").

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2011, 11:09:58 PM »

I found this at lawguru.com  don't know if it is pertinent

A STIPULATION OF DISCONTINUANCE is an agreement by two or more parties to resolve a lawsuit by agreeing to 'Discontinue' the lawsuit. 'Discontinue' is Lawyer-speak for 'End' and 'Stipulation' is just lawyer-speak for the word 'Agreement'. If a Stipulation of Discontinuance is signed by the parties AND filed with the court where legal action is currently pending, it effectively ends the litigation (lawsuit) between thos parties.

A Stipulation of Discontinuance is nearly always based on the parties having previously executed (signing) a settlement agreement which may or may not be filed together with the Stipulation of Discontinuance.

A 'Stipulation' is commonly referred to as a 'Stip' and is used as both a verb ("Let's Stip it") and a noun ("Sign the Stip").

But, this is a stipulation of "continuance" - just the opposite and the defendants are not "stipulating" to it -- so, I'm not sure what this entails!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »

Mags -- we can take this to Musings -- but, I am curious if you have any anecdotes on the status of "our" puppies!! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2011, 11:15:32 PM »

This doesn't really answer your question but I thought it interesting:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_stipulated_order_of_continuance

What is a stipulated order of continuance?

A stipulated order of continuance is an order of the court continuing a case (delaying the day when it will be heard) to which both the parties have agreed. Typically one party wants to drag it out as long as possible, because "justice delayed is justice denied". So that party wants it continued as many times as the judge will let them get away with, and the other is screaming to have it heard.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »

The judge also granted the hearing on defendants motion for summary judgement.  

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »

Another good link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.occourts.org%2Fdirectory%2Fcivil%2Flimited-unlimited-civil%2Fcalendars%2Fcivil%2Fgenpolicy%2Ffell%2Fpolicies.pdf&rct=j&q=What%20is%20a%20fully%20executed%20stipulation%20to%20continue%20trial%3F&ei=ZERfTar5J4KclgeDhK39Cw&usg=AFQjCNHyLE1m7F4HS7j86HEGwPpNMtgBVg&cad=rja
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2011, 11:22:43 PM »

A stipulated order of continuance is an order of the court continuing a case (delaying the day when it will be heard) to which both the parties have agreed. Typically one party wants to drag it out as long as possible, because "justice delayed is justice denied". So that party wants it continued as many times as the judge will let them get away with, and the other is screaming to have it heard.

Okay, now I'm confused (again)! Both parties are clearly not "stipulating" here -- did the ruling mean the Defendants must "stipulate" within 5 days or the Plaintiffs?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2011, 11:28:29 PM »

Okay, now I'm confused (again)! Both parties are clearly not "stipulating" here -- did the ruling mean the Defendants must "stipulate" within 5 days or the Plaintiffs?

The Plaintiff is asking for a continuance because they are stalling.  The Defendants do not want a continuance, they want a Summary Judgement.  The just had set a date for the hearing on the Summary Judgement AND the Trial.  Now the judge is saying that he will allow a delay in the trial for 60 days IF the Plaintiff's file the fully executed Stipulation for Continuance. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:32 PM »

Very helpful!!! The way I read it now is that "counsel" must stipulate within 5 days. Counsel means BOTH sides!! I THINK this mean that the continuance is ONLY granted if Dr. Phil's attorneys agree to it. (That ain't gonna happen!!)

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »

The Plaintiff is asking for a continuance because they are stalling.  The Defendants do not want a continuance, they want a Summary Judgement.  The just had set a date for the hearing on the Summary Judgement AND the Trial.  Now the judge is saying that he will allow a delay in the trial for 60 days IF the Plaintiff's file the fully executed Stipulation for Continuance. 

That is how I read it at first -- now, I think the judge was saying "counsel" (meaning both sides!)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2011, 11:43:08 PM »

I think you may be right Wreck!

Edited to add:  This means they have to file by 2/22 which is this Tuesday.  I will continue to watch the court website and post if anything happens.  There probably won't be anything posted on the court website now until next week as I doubt they work the weekend.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »

Edited to add:  This means they have to file by 2/22 which is this Tuesday.  I will continue to watch the court website and post if anything happens.  There probably won't be anything posted on the court website now until next week as I doubt they work the weekend.
"5 Court days" -- probably meaning 1 actual week.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2011, 11:48:21 PM »

Mags -- we can take this to Musings -- but, I am curious if you have any anecdotes on the status of "our" puppies!! 

Our puppies are a year old yesterday, I think.
My brother saw two of them...Wreck and Peter R. DeVries.. a week or so ago.
They are yuppie puppies in the loft district of Downtown Birmingham.  They are
as big as Hudson now, but not as filled out yet.
I still miss them.  They were a joy.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »

"5 Court days" -- probably meaning 1 actual week.

Yep you're right.  So I will give them until Friday the 25th since Monday is a holiday. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.