March 29, 2024, 12:48:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #856 2/14/11 - 3/20/11  (Read 339790 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »

http://www.abcnews.go.com/

From his original confession
 ::snipping2::
She hit me in the head. I lost control of my actions. I didn't know what I was doing. I remember what I was doing, but not the motive. It was an impulsive act after receiving a blow to the head," van der Sloot said in a signed confession to police last year.

"She was on the bed when I hit her hard with my right elbow and I think her head went back and hit the wall, then she begins to bleed," he said. "Immediately I get on top of her and with both hands I begin to strangle her, keeping her that way for a minute.

"After that, I throw her to the floor, but she keeps breathing. At that moment I take off my shirt and put it on her face, pressing on it. I don't remember for how long, but she stops breathing. In this way I think I caused her death," he said when investigators asked for a details description of the murder.

I don't believe that Stephany ever looked at his computer.

I don't believe she looked at it either.  Everything is a calculated lie.

I don't believe she looked at the computer either.  I don't think she really cared about him or his notoriety.  Joran is a legend in his own mind, and he tries to make it appear everyone is interested in him.  It's my belief Stephany was lured to the hotel room, possibly by the promise of collecting money she may have loaned him while they were gambling.  I don't think Stephany gave a rats arse about Sloot other than as someone else who enjoyed gambling and possibly to collect money owed to her. JMHO

I agree especially with the legend comment.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2011, 08:06:08 PM »

BUMPED

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »

Will Joran taking the insanity route over there, have any bearing here in the States on the extortions charges?  Or will we do our own testing for that?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2011, 08:10:09 PM »

Justice for Natalee and Stephany!

REAL JUSTICE, NOTHING LESS WILL DO!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »

Will Joran taking the insanity route over there, have any bearing here in the States on the extortions charges?  Or will we do our own testing for that?

I don't think so.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/van-der-sloot%E2%80%99s-lawyer-seeks-short-sentence

Van der Sloot’s lawyer seeks short sentence

Published on 7 March 2011 - 3:07pm

Joran van der Sloot’s lawyer says his client killed Stephany Flores ‘in a fit of rage’. Máximo Altez argues this means it was manslaughter, not murder.

Mr Altez made this statement on the Peruvian television show Domingo Al Día. He said there was no premeditated plan to kill Stephany; the two got into an argument after Stephany had looked at Joran’s laptop: “They started pushing each other and that is why it happened.”

Under Peruvian law, manslaughter in a fit of rage carries a prison sentence of between three and five years. Joran van der Sloot will face a 25-year sentence if he is convicted of murder.

The lawyer representing the victim’s next of kin say Altez’ new strategy does not stand a chance.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/van-der-sloot%E2%80%99s-lawyer-seeks-short-sentence

Van der Sloot’s lawyer seeks short sentence

Published on 7 March 2011 - 3:07pm

Joran van der Sloot’s lawyer says his client killed Stephany Flores ‘in a fit of rage’. Máximo Altez argues this means it was manslaughter, not murder.

Mr Altez made this statement on the Peruvian television show Domingo Al Día. He said there was no premeditated plan to kill Stephany; the two got into an argument after Stephany had looked at Joran’s laptop: “They started pushing each other and that is why it happened.”

Under Peruvian law, manslaughter in a fit of rage carries a prison sentence of between three and five years. Joran van der Sloot will face a 25-year sentence if he is convicted of murder.

The lawyer representing the victim’s next of kin say Altez’ new strategy does not stand a chance.

We hope and pray.

2 4 1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

Lawyer: Van der Sloot to plead temporary insanity
Published March 07, 2011

<snipped>

The lawyer for the victim’s family called the proposed plea absurd, saying that given all the factors of the case, Van der Sloot deserved to spend a minimum of 25 years in prison.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/07/lawyer-van-der-sloot-plead-temporary-insanity/#ixzz1FxilTDkR

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:18 PM »

FOX NEWS: Joran will plead Guilty to murdering Stephany, and claim temporary insanity.

"..temporay insanity".  Freakin' psychopathic murderer, more like it.  I hope they can show premeditation. 

You've got that right MuffyBee! 

This was a heinous crime, he didn't just beat her and leave her...he even said she was still breathing so he MADE SURE she was dead.  And he robbed her.  I do believe it was premeditated, everyone close to him knew he was desperate for money.  They should be able to prove the contacts he made in the days before begging for money.  They wouldn't send it so he found a way to get what he wanted.  As usual.

I agree. All one has to do is look at that poor child's body - her clinched hand, fighting, trying to cling to life, while
he beat her over and over.

He wasn't insane planning to extort money, playing bingo with his mother, adding friends on facebook, playing mafia wars, posting to his friends that he was working just a few days before he murdered Stephany Flores.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »

From Nativelingo:

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:56 pm   
Nativelingo posted some interresting information about Joran early this morning:

1.  Joran has/had emotional problems and is a patient of a local pediatric/juvenile psychiatrist (fact).
2.  The incident where Joran killed his dog and blamed it on someone else is fact
3.  That bullying friends and the dog issue are the least of Joran's problems (according to reliable sources)
4.  His HOBBY is Criminal Law (fact)

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=83858&highlight=pediatric+paediatric#83858 (link will no longer work, from old forum)

I have no doubt that Natalee was a victim of Joran's rage as well. 

There is a reason that Joran & Papa did not want Natalee's body found.
Rape - he could have said it was consensual
Drugs - he could have blamed her
"She hit her head" - was to cover the injury to her head.

Lets see how the Leprechauns answer questions - in a USA court under interrogation with a competent attorney eh!!!!

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »

July 19, 2010

Romero said she became involved with van der Sloot after learning that he refused a state-appointed attorney and requested a private attorney.

"I asked (van der Sloot) if he wanted my services and he said yes," Romero said. "I told him the on-duty defense attorney was present and I asked him if he wanted to give a statement through them. He said no, he wanted a private defense attorney."

Van der Sloot wanted to talk to her about the case, she said, but felt uncomfortable with the others in the room -- the prosecutor, a police officer and a translator.

After the others left, the two reached a verbal agreement that she would represent him. Romero remembers asking him about payment. He replied that his mother would pay his legal fees. Then, the others returned to the room and he gave his confession to authorities.
Another contradiction that Romero brought forward involves van der Sloot's knowledge of Spanish. According to the motion to dismiss his confession as illegal, van der Sloot alleges that he didn't understand Spanish enough to know what he was being told to sign.

Romero said their conversation was in perfect Spanish.

According to Romero, van der Sloot was calm during his statement and afterwards spoke with his mother on the phone. Her advice, Romero said, was her son not make any statements or sign anything. But it was too late.

Van der Sloot also told Romero that he was interested in talking about the case of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba, where he is a suspect, because he thought it might get him extradited to Aruba.

Referring to his new legal strategy, Romero said, "I think every attorney does his work differently, they have their own professional ethic. I respect this professional (Altez) but his actions point to (wanting) to nullify the preliminary investigation. But like I said he had all the guarantees of the due process."

She also questioned the truthfulness of van der Sloot. For instance, when he signed some documents after talking to his mother, Romero noticed that he signed very differently than what he signed on the police statement, she said.

"I told him, 'you signed differently' and he winked his eye and made a silence signal with his hands," Romero said.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-07-19/justice/peru.van.der.sloot.attorney_1_van-der-sloot-joran?_s=PM:CRIME

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »

By the way, I don't think Nativelingo and Arubagirl like having their words come back to bite them.  They chose defending their island over the truth. 
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »

I find it interesting that the Dutch and US news does not include the statement from the Flores attorney:

Spanish to English translation

THE VICTIM. For his part, Edward Alvarez, attorney for the family of the victim, said, "This new defense strategy would raise Van der Sloot does not stand scrutiny."

Indicated that this version is false, because there is a report by the Division of High Technology Research, who states that the review of the laptop abroad with information from Aruba crime occurred long before it enters the hotel.

"This is a homicide and also has committed a crime of theft by seizing property. That rating is unchanged," said the lawyer.

http://correoperu.pe/correo/nota.php?txtEdi_id=4&txtSecci_parent=0&txtSecci_id=78&txtNota_id=571299
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

I hope that the influence of Ricardo Flores implies that justice will prevail for Stephany  in the Peruvian justice system ... a system that Stephany's father complained treats Joran van der Sloot "like a king".

Janet

+++++

Van der Sloot lawyer argues "crime of passion"
Last Update: 6:29 am

Birmingham, Al (WIAT CBS42)  The body of a young woman was found in Joran van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee Holloway's disappearance on a school trip to Aruba.

Prosecutors in Peru say van der Sloot has admitted killing Stephany Flores after she found material on his laptop relating to Natalee.

Peruvian prosecutors say Joran van der Sloot killed Stephany Flores in cold blood and want an extra long sentence. The Dutchman's lawyer says it was a spontaneous, emotional act and his client should face no more than three to five years.

Van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer, Max Altez, told the television program "Domingo al Dia" that the death was the result of a violent argument, not intentional. Altez says he's asking his client face a 3-5 year sentence, not the 30 years prosecutors are asking for.

Edward Alvarez,an attorney for the Flores family, told El Commercio that the family rejects the defense claims and is backing the prosecution.   No trial date has been set yet and there's still plenty of legal wrangling unresolved, including whose responsibility is it to provide a Dutch-Spanish translator. The Dutch embassy has said it's not their job.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-lawyer-argues-crime-of-passion/15DPrr_wtUSy1rQDkhbCBw.cspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »

Urine and his family will continue to try and keep the lights on him because they know once the lights go down there's going to be a pillow party in CastroCastro and Urine is the guest of honor....Mark my words!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: March 07, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
I really would like to know what the Peruvian police saw in the monster's laptop. At this point I believe they should have some or a lot of information from his laptop
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »

July 19, 2010

Romero said she became involved with van der Sloot after learning that he refused a state-appointed attorney and requested a private attorney.

"I asked (van der Sloot) if he wanted my services and he said yes," Romero said. "I told him the on-duty defense attorney was present and I asked him if he wanted to give a statement through them. He said no, he wanted a private defense attorney."

Van der Sloot wanted to talk to her about the case, she said, but felt uncomfortable with the others in the room -- the prosecutor, a police officer and a translator.

After the others left, the two reached a verbal agreement that she would represent him. Romero remembers asking him about payment. He replied that his mother would pay his legal fees. Then, the others returned to the room and he gave his confession to authorities.
Another contradiction that Romero brought forward involves van der Sloot's knowledge of Spanish. According to the motion to dismiss his confession as illegal, van der Sloot alleges that he didn't understand Spanish enough to know what he was being told to sign.

According to Romero, van der Sloot was calm during his statement and afterwards spoke with his mother on the phone. Her advice, Romero said, was her son not make any statements or sign anything. But it was too late.

Van der Sloot also told Romero that he was interested in talking about the case of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba, where he is a suspect, because he thought it might get him extradited to Aruba.

Referring to his new legal strategy, Romero said, "I think every attorney does his work differently, they have their own professional ethic. I respect this professional (Altez) but his actions point to (wanting) to nullify the preliminary investigation. But like I said he had all the guarantees of the due process."

She also questioned the truthfulness of van der Sloot. For instance, when he signed some documents after talking to his mother, Romero noticed that he signed very differently than what he signed on the police statement, she said.

"I told him, 'you signed differently' and he winked his eye and made a silence signal with his hands," Romero said.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-07-19/justice/peru.van.der.sloot.attorney_1_van-der-sloot-joran?_s=PM:CRIME

When the above article is considered ... WHY is it taking that 4th judge so long to rule whether or not Joran's confession can be thrown out?  It has been almost six months.

Janet

++++++

What's the Hold Up?

Van der Sloot still waiting on appeal to throw out confession
Last Update: 10/02 10:32 am

<snipped>

The Dutchman confessed to killing Flores because she found material about Natalee on his laptop.  But he promptly appealed to have that confession thrown out citing coercion and a variety of legal issues.  The trial judge rejected that appeal.  A three judge panel split 2-1 in favor of throwing out the confession but under Peruvian law it takes three judges, so a fourth appeals judge has been reviewing the case for weeks with, thus far, no decision.

And even that decision may not bring any real progress to the case.  In the glacial pace of Peruvian justice, if the fourth judge votes against throwing out the confession, a fifth judge will be appointed to produce the third vote necessary to resolve the case.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-still-waiting-on-appeal-to-throw/g_IM8curMES6_hskxM5Y0w.cspx

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
I really would like to know what the Peruvian police saw in the monster's laptop. At this point I believe they should have some or a lot of information from his laptop

I'd like to know what was on Joran's laptop too.  With Joran's over inflated ego and great belief in his self worth, I hope there's a treasure trove of evidence on it.  I've read that some that commit crimes like to retain items or pictures and videos  of what they've done, and I hope Joran's laptop had stuff like that on it.  Maybe what he saved on his computer will be his undoing, and there will be justice for Natalee and Stephany.  Heck, he might even have a lot more than that on there that could put him away for years and years. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »

July 19, 2010

Of course he speaks perfect Spanish!  Don't you know some of Joran's Aruba friends are getting a big kick out of his claiming he needs a translator!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

I'd like to know what was on Joran's laptop too.  With Joran's over inflated ego and great belief in his self worth, I hope there's a treasure trove of evidence on it.  I've read that some that commit crimes like to retain items or pictures and videos  of what they've done, and I hope Joran's laptop had stuff like that on it.  Maybe what he saved on his computer will be his undoing, and there will be justice for Natalee and Stephany.  Heck, he might even have a lot more than that on there that could put him away for years and years. 

Most likely 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.