March 28, 2024, 02:31:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #856 2/14/11 - 3/20/11  (Read 339741 times)
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #520 on: March 08, 2011, 02:50:27 AM »

And where is Nonesuche?  What has she done now? LOL
crazybabyborg
« Reply #521 on: March 08, 2011, 03:39:49 AM »

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/joran-van-der-sloot-and-natalee-holloway/

Joran van der Sloot and Natalee Holloway

Greta Van Susteren | March 7, 2011 9:54 PM

Before any of you "hit the roof" because Joran may get a light sentence for murder in Peru and be out soon....think about this: he faces charges in the USA for defrauding Beth Holloway and the USA can put an international detainer on him and thus Peru will release Joran to FBI when he finishes his time in Peru. He will then end up in a USA prison....so as deplorable as it is that the Flores woman's killer gets off easy, there is more justice coming for Joran.

It's the first time there has been ANY justice for Joran. I'm wondering how Stephany's parents are feeling about this.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #522 on: March 08, 2011, 03:45:31 AM »

So Joran's attorney is admitting that Joran killed Stephany, his argument is that he claims it was a crime of passion and not intentional.  So he killed Stephany in a fit of rage.  Maybe she said NO like Natalee did.

Don't you just hate it when you get a fit of rage so bad...

You go out and calmly pick up a couple of cups of coffee?

Or try to stuff a dead body in a suit case?

Or change a dead person's outfit?

Or study your local high tide charts?

Joran is so over. (and so pathetic)

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: March 08, 2011, 03:58:12 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20471736,00.html

Joran van der Sloot to Plead Guilty to Killing Stephany Flores Ramirez
By Sara Hammel

Monday March 07, 2011 06:05 PM EST

Stephany Flores Ramirez and Joran van der Sloot

Splash News Online; AP
Facebook Twitter E-mail

Joran van der Sloot will plead guilty to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez in Peru last May, but will argue temporary insanity, according to reports.

The Dutchman, 23, will try for a reduced sentence using the "violent emotion" defense, his lawyer, Maximo Altez, told The Associated Press.

The lawyer argues that Van der Sloot killed Ramirez on May 30 after becoming enraged when he realized she had looked at his laptop and learned of his connection to missing American teen Natalee Holloway, who disappeared from the island of Aruba in 2005.

Ramirez, a Peruvian business student, was found bludgeoned to death in a Lima hotel room. Van der Sloot stands accused of first-degree murder – in Peru that means a 15- to 35-year sentence if convicted. But if his insanity defense holds up, Van der Sloot could serve only 20 months of a 3-5-year sentence, Altez told the AP.

::snipping2::

Wait, what about him bringing back coffee after she was dead?  He looked pretty calm then and when he looked right into the camera.  I didn't see any passion, only cold calculated cruelty.  Who looks that calm after a murder?  One who has done it before.  It started with the dog...or was there other cruel acts with animals?  What did the dog do, look at his laptop?

We saw him on the video from the hallway--remember SODDI?  Passion.  Didn't see that,did anyone else?   The last thing you would get when you were all shook up is coffee.  You would need a relaxer, not a stimulant.

EPIC FAIL

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: March 08, 2011, 04:09:24 AM »

For me...the best thing that happens to urine is that he lives a life behind bars for a very long time.......before he lives a life in Hell for eternity......
At this point, six years later...we know what he did to Natalee and now Stephany...
Justice is playing out for both......and for paulass...anita...the pimps.....coverup crew.....persistence....I can live with that.....

I don't understand why Anita would want him free.  He almost killed his brother, can't she see he is still capable of that?  Does she want to sacrifice one son and save another?  I also believe he is capable of ending her life when she says, "No."   Why sacrifice your family to save one who is capable of killing his own family?  Look at what he admits doing when he is 'passionate.'  There is no one more capable of getting a brother more riled up than his own brother or mother.  Does she think she will get him committed, fat chance, he got away last time and will get away the next.  Anita, you are no match for him.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: March 08, 2011, 04:14:11 AM »

Klaas, is this the same one you posted?  If it is I missed the shirt.  Don't ya know Dolfi appreciates the advertisement!

http://www.coolaruba.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1736854

Carnival 57th @ Oranjestad 6Mrt 2011 Part1 By REX

Why have a hairy thing on your face that looks like pubes?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: March 08, 2011, 05:09:58 AM »

So Joran's attorney is admitting that Joran killed Stephany, his argument is that he claims it was a crime of passion and not intentional.  So he killed Stephany in a fit of rage.  Maybe she said NO like Natalee did.

Don't you just hate it when you get a fit of rage so bad...

You go out and calmly pick up a couple of cups of coffee?

Or try to stuff a dead body in a suit case?

Or change a dead person's outfit?

Or study your local high tide charts?

Joran is so over. (and so pathetic)

Pathetic, pathologic(al), pathogenic....

pathological--being such to a degree that is extreme, excessive, or markedly abnormal.

pathogenic--Causing disease or capable of doing it.

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #527 on: March 08, 2011, 05:29:51 AM »

I would think that the temporary insanity thing just will not fly. This was premeditated. There is a 1 in 365 chance that Joran accidentally murdered a young girl on the same date he murdered Natalee. There is a 1 in 1,825 chance he accidentally murdered again on the 5th anniversary of murdering Natalee.

Those odds, which are fact, almost prove premeditation IMO.

When those odds are compiled with his cool attempt, caught on video, to cover his arse and then calmly stroll away to flee to another country, the temporary insanity claim becomes laughable.

I believe that both Stephany and Natalee died at Joran's hands while he raged. I believe that he despises Natalee and that his hatred for Beth goes to the bone. I think he's once again scheming, and has concocted a story where he was such a victim to the notoriety that Natalee's case brought upon his poor innocent self, that he arrived at a breaking point when he saw Stephany discover his connection to Natalee. It's Beth's fault for keeping it so public. She has Stephany's blood on her hands. (barf)

He shouldn't get by with this. Anybody with the sense God gave a jackass can see through it. It's vintage Joran, IMO. Put him in general population, pay the inmates to get information as to Natalee's location with the threat to him that if the info doesn't pan out, they'll off him. When she's returned home, then I hope they kill him slowly and painfully enough to give him every opportunity to sincerely seek forgiveness. God has that ability. I'm sorry, I just don't.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #528 on: March 08, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41955684/ns/world_news-americas/

Altez said he filed papers three weeks ago informing prosecutors of his intent to argue that Van der Sloot became enraged and killed the 21-year-old Peruvian business student last May 30 because she had learned of his relation to Holloway by looking in his laptop.

..The 23-year-old Dutchman is accused of first-degree murder, which carries a 15- to 35-year sentence on conviction.

The "violent emotion" plea is typically used in Peru for crimes of passion where a spouse, for example, is surprised in the act of adultery

2 4 1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: March 08, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/joran-van-der-sloot-and-natalee-holloway/

Joran van der Sloot and Natalee Holloway

Greta Van Susteren | March 7, 2011 9:54 PM

Before any of you "hit the roof" because Joran may get a light sentence for murder in Peru and be out soon....think about this: he faces charges in the USA for defrauding Beth Holloway and the USA can put an international detainer on him and thus Peru will release Joran to FBI when he finishes his time in Peru. He will then end up in a USA prison....so as deplorable as it is that the Flores woman's killer gets off easy, there is more justice coming for Joran.

It's the first time there has been ANY justice for Joran. I'm wondering how Stephany's parents are feeling about this.

CBB

If there is no judicial corruption ... I am assuming that the Peruvian judge will not agree to this temporary insanity plea.  Think about the confession.  Think about the evidence.

Janet

+++++

Attorneys for the families of Stephanie and Natalee

Lawyer: Van der Sloot to plead temporary insanity
Published March 07, 2011

<snipped>

The lawyer for the victim’s family called the proposed plea absurd, saying that given all the factors of the case, Van der Sloot deserved to spend a minimum of 25 years in prison.

<snipped>

An attorney for Holloway’s mother, Beth Twitty, said she considered the planned plea “outrageous.” Twitty knows the Flores family will never accept it and she plans to “make whatever noise she has to” to make sure it doesn’t happen, the lawyer, John Kelly, added.

“He’s a very slippery, smart criminal,” Kelly said of Van der Sloot, adding that any suggestion he “flipped out for a moment” in killing Flores was mocked by the meticulous calculation of his attempt to cover up the crime and his escape.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/07/lawyer-van-der-sloot-plead-temporary-insanity/#ixzz1FxilTDkR

The Big "IF"

Lawyer: Van der Sloot to plead temporary insanity
Published March 07, 2011

LIMA, Peru – Joran van der Sloot plans to plead guilty to killing a young Peruvian woman he met gambling but will argue temporary insanity in a bid to significantly shorten his sentence, his defense lawyer said Monday.

Van der Sloot, the key suspect in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway on the Caribbean island of Aruba, will use a “violent emotion” defense in the slaying of Stephany Flores, attorney Maximo Altez told The Associated Press.

<snipped>

If it were to be accepted by a trial judge, Van der Sloot would be sentenced to 3 to 5 years, and Altez said his client could be freed in 20 months.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/07/lawyer-van-der-sloot-plead-temporary-insanity/#ixzz1FxilTDkR

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: March 08, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

When other Stephanys and Natalees are considered ... this time bomb named Joran van der Sloot should NEVER be allowed his freedom.

Natalee Holloway's stepfather knew it was just a matter of time.  If only the Aruban justice system had prevailed ... a young lady named Stephany would be following her dreams.

Janet

++++++

A Time Bomb

NANCY GRACE
Aired February 15, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S STEPFATHER:  ... I`ll tell you what really made me sick today to be honest with you is to see his U.S. attorney, Joe Tacopina, whoever, who has been kind of hiding for the last week because he didn`t know what was going to happen all of a sudden come on and he`s all over the TV now. And he is just saying, you know, with a smirk on his face, which just it makes me sick ... I told you so, nothing was going to happen. When he knows Joran is a time bomb just waiting to blow up.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: March 08, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »

LEADING UP TO STEPHANY FLORES MURDER - JORAN WAS ENJOYING THE EASY LIFE - PLANNING HIS NEXT VICTIM'S

DATE:MARCH 18, 2010 – Joran van der Sloot at Moomba's, smoking a cigarette.

April 5, 2010 Joran van der Sloot at accident in Lorenzo van Rijn van in Aruba. Lorenzo van Rijn said to be the step-brother of Joran.

April 25, 2010 - playing Bingo with Mom, Valentijn and others for ISA

THE MANY FACES OF JORAN AS HE CONFESSES TO JAAP THAT NATALEE FELL OFF A BALCONY AND DIED.

STING OPERATION - MAY 10, 2010

MAY 12 - MAY 13, 2010 JORAN NOW WITH 10,000.00 CASH IN HIS POCKET AND 15,000.00 IN HIS BANK ACCOUNT - ADDS LOTS OF FRIENDS
TO HIS FACEBOOK

MAY 21, 2010 - IFA HAPPY HOUR (IF ANITA IS WORRIED THAT JORAN LEFT WITHOUT CHECKING INTO A PSYCHIARTIC HOSPITAL
......THEN SHE WAS PARTYING IT UP AND DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WORRIED).

AFTER EXTORTION OF MONEY FROM BETH HOLLOWAY JORAN GOES TO PERU AND MURDERS, is on the run,
changes his hair color - deliberate and knowledge of guilt!

MAY 30, 2010 - Stephany murdered by Joran

Under U.S. federal and state laws, extortion carries up to a 20-year prison sentence.

I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #532 on: March 08, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »

This ia just an attempt by Joran's attorney to get him off with a lesser sentence I highly doubt this will fly with the trial judge in Peru and the fact that Joran murdered an innocent young well to do peruvian girl. I hope he gets the max in Peru for this murder AND then the US can have him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #533 on: March 08, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/internacional-mainmenu-6/28654-aki-dos-luna-lo-cuminsa-proceso-contra-joran-van-der-sloot-na-lima.html

Papiamentu translation:

here two month will cuminsa proceso contra joran van der sloot at lima

tuesday, 08 march 2011 11:14

the proceso hudicial contra joran van der sloot, acusa at peru because; sospechoso of asesinato of the young of 21 year, stephany flores. the proceso penal in corte will cuminsa here two month. this is thing his advocate, maximo altez is sperando. one vocero of corte at lima also have the same expectativa, but the date exact, according the, have cu wordo stipula still. the veredicto will cuminsa more or less after of one month, after cu the proceso did take luga. have one castigo of 30 year of cel colga on cabes of van der sloot, if is stay at husticia peruvian.

comentarionan (1) mustra/kita comentarionan come across...

scirbi for dog, march 08, 2011

lage close at peru, the la danja aruba his name internacional mind. +0 come across

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/08/joran-expert-van-der-sloot-free-in-5-years-so-what/?ncid=webmail

Expert: Van der Sloot Free in 5 Years? 'So What?'

Joran van der Sloot's new legal strategy has people around the globe angry over the possibility that the Dutch native could be freed in less than five years in the death of a Peruvian woman. But what is being viewed as an insult to justice won't necessarily ensure his early release, an international defense expert says.

"We want Peru to accept a plea," said Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel. "So what if he gets a lesser sentence? That would be the best thing for everyone involved."

Griffith said that van der Sloot's willingness to make a plea might get him out of a Peruvian prison sooner than expected -- prosecutors says there is sufficient evidence to keep him jailed until 2040 -- but that there is one thing the Dutchman is not considering, and that's Natalee Holloway. ::snipping2::

::snipping2::"Once he is released, he is going to be extradited on the outstanding warrant in Alabama for his alleged extortion in the Natalee Holloway case," said Griffith, whose most renowned case, involving an American incarcerated in a Turkish prison, was the basis for the film and book "Midnight Express."

Holloway's body has never been found, and van der Sloot has not been charged in her disappearance. He was, however, indicted in the U.S. on charges that he extorted $25,000 from the young woman's parents. Prosecutors said that in exchange for the money, he promised to reveal how Holloway died and the location of her body.

Van der Sloot would probably face a five- to 10-year sentence for the alleged extortion, but it is Holloway's alleged murder that could keep him behind bars for life in the United States, Griffith said. ::snipping2::

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #535 on: March 08, 2011, 04:20:47 PM »

A few minutes ago Fox News reported that it's possible that if this temporary insanity thing were to fly, and he served out that sentence, Joran could be extradicted here and eventually actually face charges for murdering Natalee. I'm sorry, I didn't catch it all, but feel sure that they will repeat the coverage. They always do.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: March 08, 2011, 04:22:16 PM »

I believe that both the death of Natalee Holloway and Stephany Flores were intentional but ... not planned.

Joran van der Sloot has had a lifetime of acting  outside of legal and moral boundaries without having to consider the consequences.

The difference in the Stephany Flores case is that there was no father to use his influencial connections to cover up Joran's wrongdoing.

Nevertheless ... somehow I believe that Paulus' influential connections are working behind the scenes in cooperation with the Peruvian Justice System in regards to this "temporary insanity" plea.

Think about it.  Those within the Dutch/Aruban administrations who were behind the cover up in the Natalee Holloway case are now beholding to Joran.  If protection from the full consequences encompassing the murder of Stephany Flores is not forthcoming ... Joran has the ability to name names and expose those "higher ups" who prevented justice from prevailing for an 18 year old American citizen who went missing on the Island of Aruba in 2005.

A little research will reveal that the Peruvian justice system and bribery are one ... are one from the bribing a policeman to avoid a traffic infraction up to the bribing of a judge to influence a ruling ... positive or negative ... in a criminal case.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: March 08, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »

I want Joran to face the full consequences in regards to the murder of Natalee Holloway ... the extortion of Beth Holloway and ... the murder of Stephany Flores.  Compromise is not an option!

When all is said and done ... I have a sinking feeling if that Peruvian justice for Stephany may not prevail.  I KNOW that Aruban/Dutch justice will NEVER prevail for Natalee Holloway.  Then there American justice in regards to extortion charges.  I could be wrong but ... I have my doubts.

Janet

+++++

JORAN'S DEFENCE?

Offered

Holloway family extortion plot: 'Why not?'
NBC News and news services
updated 9/6/2010 6:49:49 AM ET

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family — her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the De Telegraaf newspaper quoted Joran Van der Sloot as saying in an interview published Monday.

"When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not?'" he added, according to the newspaper.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39023617/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

To Convince

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
John Q. Kelly set up suspect, who said he would show Holloway’s remains
By Mike Celizic
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

<snipped>

In March, van der Sloot reached out to Kelly, demanding $250,000 from Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, in exchange for leading Kelly to the teenager’s remains, Kelly told TODAY.

Kelly said that when van der Sloot contacted him, he did not think he was going to learn the truth. His feelings, he said, were, “skepticism, caution, assuming everything he was going to tell me was false — but I had to understandably think that it might be true, also; so approach it very carefully and keep communicating.”

Kelly agreed to meet van der Sloot alone and brought no money — angering the suspect. Kelly then called the FBI to set up a sting, telling TODAY it only took $100 to convince van der Sloot to start talking with him again.

<snipped>

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: March 08, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »

Ricardo Flores

'Joran lives like a king in jail.'

'It is shameful what happens in prisons. I think the INPE has to give the same treatment to all criminals.'

November 10, 2010

http://www.generaccion.com/noticia/83737/familia-flores-aseguran-que-joran-van-der-sloot-vive-como-rey

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: March 08, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »

Reminder of what we are waiting on in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case.  I look every day for new docs and will thru April or until the trial begins:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.