March 28, 2024, 03:01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #856 2/14/11 - 3/20/11  (Read 339743 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2011, 12:55:39 AM »

I hate legal jargon, but I think the papers say that Dr. Phil's side is strongly opposed to another continuance and that deposing Beth (as apparently the K2 attys want to do) would/could cause K2's side to ask for another delay. Dr. Phil's side has no objection to Beth testifying at trial but opposes the taking of her deposition before April 11th.

It looks to me that the judge has authorized Plaintiff's attys to take Beth's deposition.

I think that's what the document says, anyway. Thanks Klaas, for these!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2011, 12:58:44 AM »

I hate legal jargon, but I think the papers say that Dr. Phil's side is strongly opposed to another continuance and that deposing Beth (as apparently the K2 attys want to do) would/could cause K2's side to ask for another delay. Dr. Phil's side has no objection to Beth testifying at trial but opposes the taking of her deposition before April 11th.

It looks to me that the judge has authorized Plaintiff's attys to take Beth's deposition.

I think that's what the document says, anyway. Thanks Klaas, for these!!   

Yes but I believe in the handwriting on the actual ORDER it says something to the affect that it will not delay any hearings in the case.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #722 on: March 15, 2011, 01:11:07 AM »

Thank you for posting the documents Klaas!  
And thank you to the anonymous monkey who paid for them!  

Am I understanding correctly that they have just now, at this late date...decided that they need a deposition from Beth?

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: March 15, 2011, 01:14:22 AM »

This is what the handwritten part on the ORDER for out of state Deposition says (I think):

"Based upon Plaintiff’s counsel’s representation in the moving (?) papers, this deposition WILL NOT AFFECT any council precedures or schedules already in place.  Plaintiff is ordered to follow all Alabama requirements for the proper noticing and service upon the proposed deponent for any such deposition."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: March 15, 2011, 01:14:54 AM »

Am I understanding correctly that they have just now, at this late date...decided that they need a deposition from Beth?

STALL STALL STALL
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: March 15, 2011, 01:27:47 AM »

Nite all  an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: March 15, 2011, 01:31:15 AM »

STALL STALL STALL

That's what I was thinking too. 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: March 15, 2011, 01:32:07 AM »

Nite all  an angelic monkey

Nite Klaas!   an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: March 15, 2011, 02:15:52 AM »

Beth's testimony will not resolve the issue of the "differences" on the taped interview (Skeeters and Aruba/Netherland).  IIRC, from the document that I read, that the Defendents have testimony about the disputed part of the tape--she did or she didn't.  The deposition is a waste of time.  Let the trial begin.

jmo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: March 15, 2011, 02:32:43 AM »

Justice for Natalee and Stephany!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: March 15, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »

Thanks Klaas and generous donor! 

Klaas, is it required that a witness in a civil trial, must be deposed first?

The plaintiff claims the taking of Beth's deposition will not further delay the hearings.   What happens if the depo is not taken before trial (for whatever reason)?  Can attempts be made during trial? 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: March 15, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »

Oh gosh.  I feel just terrible about 2NJ.  Kerm let me know she had passed...........and I just couldn't stop the tears from coming and coming......

That woman was truly loved by many here - and she did so much on the researching end........gheesh.  She gave her heart to Natalee and her family, and helped in so many ways.  She was a dear soul, and I am so saddended by this news. 

Love and my most sincere condolences to her family, and to her Monkey family as well.

I wondered if you knew, jen, and I'm so glad Kermit let you know.  We will definitely miss her and her dedication to our work here.  I keep thinking maybe there will be times when she'll still help us along the way...  Hugs to you, it's good to see you although I wish it were under different circumstances. 

I hope all is well!   

Well, she's with Natalee now, so no doubt they have loving arms for each other.

I miss all you Monkeys, and I also wish me being able to post today was due to better circumstances.

Thank you TxMom, yes - all is well with us.  If you can call a 7 month old crawling and standing *well*.  Yikes!

That's great news jen!  I remember those days very well...made me smile!   

Me, too!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: March 15, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »

New front page post - TRIBUTE to 2NJ:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/03/15/scared-monkeys-says-good-bye-to-one-of-their-own-2njsons_mom-passed-away-to-our-friend-rest-in-peace/

Scared Monkeys Says Good Bye to One of Their Own … 2NJSONS_MOM Passed Away, To Our Friend, Rest in Peace
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »

Thanks Klaas and generous donor! 

Klaas, is it required that a witness in a civil trial, must be deposed first?

The plaintiff claims the taking of Beth's deposition will not further delay the hearings.   What happens if the depo is not taken before trial (for whatever reason)?  Can attempts be made during trial? 

The judge says Beth's deposition will not delay the hearings, period. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/15/report-data-on-joran-van-der-sloots-computer-of-interest-to/

Report: Data on van der Sloot's Computer 'of Interest' to FBI
Mar 15, 2011 – 9:54 AM

Peruvian authorities say they provided the FBI with a copy of a laptop hard drive belonging to Joran van der Sloot, the imprisoned Dutch native charged with killing a Peruvian woman and extorting money from the mother of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway.

FBI agents met Monday with agents from the Peruvian National Police High Technology Crime Division, according to Lima newspaper El Comercio. The agents were provided with a copy of the entire contents of the computer hard drive that was found in van der Sloot's possession at the time of his arrest. The FBI is reportedly searching for information on the disappearance of Holloway and the alleged extortion of money from the Holloway family.

Oscar Gonzales, head of the High Technology Crime Division, told El Comercio that preliminary forensic analysis of the seized data "seems to be of interest." He did not elaborate.

Calls by AOL News to the FBI's Birmingham, Ala., field office were not immediately returned.
 ::snipping2::
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: March 15, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »

This is what the handwritten part on the ORDER for out of state Deposition says (I think):

"Based upon Plaintiff’s counsel’s representation in the moving (?) papers, this deposition WILL NOT AFFECT any council precedures or schedules already in place.  Plaintiff is ordered to follow all Alabama requirements for the proper noticing and service upon the proposed deponent for any such deposition."

Thanks goes out to our "friend" that supplies these reports to us.

I think you are right, Klaas, about no delays for Beths deposition.  STALL is right.  They need to let the games begin.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/03/15/scared-monkeys-says-good-bye-to-one-of-their-own-2njsons_mom-passed-away-to-our-friend-rest-in-peace/

Scared Monkeys Says Good Bye to One of Their Own … 2NJSONS_MOM Passed Away, To Our Friend, Rest in Peace

Beautiful tribute.  Thanks Red and Klaas (and all our beloved moderators)

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: March 15, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »

Beautiful tribute.  Thanks Red and Klaas (and all our beloved moderators)

Blue Moon, it is a beautiful tribute.  She is a beautiful spirit.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: March 15, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »

TMZ!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/15/dr-phil-natalie-holloway-the-dr-phil-show-beth-holloway-deepak-satish-kalpoe-defamation-deposition/

Dr. Phil Loses Battle in Natalee Holloway Case

3/15/2011 6:51 AM PDT by TMZ Staff 

Dr. Phil just lost his bid to block Natalee Holloway's mom from testifying about what happened behind the scenes when "The Dr. Phil Show" aired an exposé implicating 2 men in Natalee's death.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are suing Dr. Phil and CBS for defamation, claiming the show "was deceptively clothed as an investigative piece looking into the disappearance of [Natalee]" but was "in reality an abhorrent example of manufactured media sensationalism at its worst."

::snipping2::

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: March 15, 2011, 12:00:41 PM »

HEY TMZ!  - READ THIS!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.