March 28, 2024, 03:39:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #856 2/14/11 - 3/20/11  (Read 339689 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: March 16, 2011, 02:18:36 AM »

ROFL!!!

I went to see what Joran might have seen while he was here, and the first thing I saw was Magnolia's post!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7645.0

Did you read mine?   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7645.msg1144453#msg1144453

I loved Hat's post at the very bottom of the page.  I miss Hat.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #821 on: March 16, 2011, 02:48:56 AM »

I didn't know what Chato looked like, someone may have posted a picture of him before and I've forgotten.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=193.msg32757#msg32757

According to me Freddy also told me that he was at that moment in time sitting in the car of "Chato". The name of "Chato" is "Leonardo" but I do not know his last name. According to me Chato is from Mexico.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=545067709&sk=info

Leonardo L. Rivera
Lives in Oranjestad, Aruba  From Mexico City, Mexico

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=203.0

RIVIERA, Leonardo Lopez – International School student interviewed by ALE on 6-27-05, 7-1-05 & 8-29-05

http://scaredmonkeys.com/fun-images/nhcase-statements.xls

Leonardo Lopez Riviera   International School student      
6/27/2005   
14:20   
Dennis Jacobs / Marcelino Ras

Leonardo Lopez Riviera         
7/1/2005   
14:30
Johny Erasmus / Zoraida De Cuba

Leonardo Lopez Riviera         
8/29/2005      
Dennis Jacobs / Eric Soemers

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:53 AM »

Well, a few girls from highschool begged me to join Facebook a few years ago. I feel bad that I don't keep up -- I hate that people may think I'm anti-social or are ignoring them. Oh well!!  Monkey Devil!

Yeah that's the other problem.  Some people get so into it they play all kinds of Facebook games that require you to participate etc.  I don't have time for all that stuff.  Well I do but I choose to waste my time in different ways 
By the way -- those were girls I went to highschool with ....................... not highschool girls from a few years ago!!!  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! ...and yes, I waste my time here!!!!! 

Time spent with monkeys is never wasted!   

I know someone else said that first...can't remember who right now!   

But it's true!   

Sorry Sis!  How could I have forgotten that YOU said it!   

But I did remember the phrase!    

Wreck probably wishes I hadn't...

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:20 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE,

AND STEPHANY!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: March 16, 2011, 03:23:26 AM »

Hello Monkey Family doing Good Works

Was donating to the disasters and then went insomnia exploring and found this:

Caribbean
Main article: Attack on Aruba
A German submarine shelled the American Standard Oil refinery at the San Nicolas harbour and the "Arend"/"Eagle" Maatschappij ( from the Dutch/British Shell Co.) near the Oranjestad harbour both situated on the Island of Aruba (in those days still a Dutch colony) and some ships that were near the entrance to Lake Maracaibo on February 16, 1942. Three tankers, including the Venezuelan Monagas, were sunk. A Venezuelan gunboat, General Urbaneta, assisted in rescuing the crews.[18][19]
Edit to add link.  MB  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_North_America_during_World_War_II

in the wikipedia about WWII Japan and German attacks on the US. Thought it was interesting.

Keep up the Good Works! Love, IBE
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:39:14 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #825 on: March 16, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »

Well, a few girls from highschool begged me to join Facebook a few years ago. I feel bad that I don't keep up -- I hate that people may think I'm anti-social or are ignoring them. Oh well!!  Monkey Devil!

Yeah that's the other problem.  Some people get so into it they play all kinds of Facebook games that require you to participate etc.  I don't have time for all that stuff.  Well I do but I choose to waste my time in different ways 
By the way -- those were girls I went to highschool with ....................... not highschool girls from a few years ago!!!  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! ...and yes, I waste my time here!!!!! 

But it's true!   

I'm blaming Facebook ... that is what started it last night!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: March 16, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »

But it's true!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »

But it's true!   

I'm blaming Facebook ... that is what started it last night!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: March 16, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »

Hello Monkey Family doing Good Works

Was donating to the disasters and then went insomnia exploring and found this:

Caribbean
Main article: Attack on Aruba
A German submarine shelled the American Standard Oil refinery at the San Nicolas harbour and the "Arend"/"Eagle" Maatschappij ( from the Dutch/British Shell Co.) near the Oranjestad harbour both situated on the Island of Aruba (in those days still a Dutch colony) and some ships that were near the entrance to Lake Maracaibo on February 16, 1942. Three tankers, including the Venezuelan Monagas, were sunk. A Venezuelan gunboat, General Urbaneta, assisted in rescuing the crews.[18][19]
Edit to add link.  MB  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_North_America_during_World_War_II

in the wikipedia about WWII Japan and German attacks on the US. Thought it was interesting.

Keep up the Good Works! Love, IBE

Thanks IBE!  I think I remember reading that a long time ago before. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: March 16, 2011, 09:57:51 AM »

Thanks TM, I don't think we've seen Chato before!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: March 16, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »

I don't even know if this is the same Leonard Riviera BUT I find this Myspace photo weird. 

http://www.myspace.com/rvrlalolnrd
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:06 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Beth-Holloway-dragged-into-Dr-Phil-lawsuit/jmg9Nn_al0yExRHHa--mrg.cspx

Beth Holloway dragged into Dr. Phil lawsuit

Birmingham, Al  (CBS42)  Beth Holloway will have to do a deposition in a lawsuit against talk show host Dr. Phil according to documents cited by the website TMZ. (does anyone think that giving a deposition will bother Beth in any way after all she has been through.  She probably looks forward to it!)

::snipping2::

The lawsuit claims Beth Holloway was privy to information "surrounding the motives and production of the show." 

Lawyers for Dr. Phil and CBS say they only fought the deposition because it would slow down action on their motion to dismiss the lawsuit.  According to TMZ, the judge in the case is proceeding with both the deposition and consideration of the motion to dismiss.

The show in question aired in September 2005 just months after Natalee's disappearance.  The Kalpoe brothers filed their lawsuit in December in Los Angeles Superior Court accusing Phil McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

At the time the lawsuit was filed, the show's producer, Paramount Studios said "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: March 16, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »

I don't even know if this is the same Leonard Riviera BUT I find this Myspace photo weird. 

http://www.myspace.com/rvrlalolnrd

This one from his FB kinda bothered me...look at her eyes.  No idea who she is but it looks like she's on something imo.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: March 16, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Beth-Holloway-dragged-into-Dr-Phil-lawsuit/jmg9Nn_al0yExRHHa--mrg.cspx

Birmingham, Al  (CBS42)  Beth Holloway will have to do a deposition in a lawsuit against talk show host Dr. Phil according to documents cited by the website TMZ. (does anyone think that giving a deposition will bother Beth in any way after all she has been through.  She probably looks forward to it!)

The lawsuit claims Beth Holloway was privy to information "surrounding the motives and production of the show." 

Lawyers for Dr. Phil and CBS say they only fought the deposition because it would slow down action on their motion to dismiss the lawsuit.  According to TMZ, the judge in the case is proceeding with both the deposition and consideration of the motion to dismiss.

The show in question aired in September 2005 just months after Natalee's disappearance.  The Kalpoe brothers filed their lawsuit in December in Los Angeles Superior Court accusing Phil McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

At the time the lawsuit was filed, the show's producer, Paramount Studios said "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."

Flashback

Ex-Holloway Suspects Sue Dr. Phil
Fri., Dec. 15, 2006

<snipped>

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

The show's producer, Paramount Studios, slammed the lawsuit. "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."

<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b53983_Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: March 16, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »

I think Beth probably expected to be called as a witness if the case came to trial.  So no, I don't think a deposition will upset her.  But at this late date, and considering her schedule I don't know if it will get done before the hearing date.  I'm wondering if they're not doing this now just to get the news attention they're getting...and possibly in an attempt to gather more personal information on Beth before the case gets thrown out!  I don't know if the questions would be limited to those associated with the case or not.  If they REALLY thought any of the reasons they're saying now applied to her, why did they wait so long to request to depose her?  There's something hinky stinky behind it, I can't shake that feeling.  And I hope whatever it is backfires on them!

jmo  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »

Dr. Phil loses court battle to block Natalie Holloway’ mom’s deposition – Pics
March 15, 2011

<snipped>

Dr. Phil lost a court motion that was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court by the Kalpoe brothers ordering Natalie Holloway’s mother to be deposed by the Kalpoe’s attorney in a lawsuit they filed last year claiming defamation.

Around 12,000 bloggers are blogging on this motion and over 38,000 are covering the main lawsuit.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/blogosphere-buzz-in-national/dr-phil-loses-court-battle-to-block-natalie-holloway-mom-s-deposition-pics

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: March 16, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »

The Kalpoes' attorneys have had over four years to request a deposition from Beth Holloway.  At what point does the judge say "ENOUGH!"

When it is implied that proceedings will not be delayed as a result of this request ... it must be assumed that Beth Holloway does not have a personal life ... does not have speaking engagements ... is not in involved in the production of a movie as well as a TV series ....

Janet

Why has this lawsuit not been dismissed long ago.  A five day deadline has come and gone a long time ago ... a five day deadline for the Kalpoe's attorneys to comply with the request of Phil McGraw's attorneys to produce case documents.

Has the Kalpoes' attorney dropped all allegations in the defamation except the claim that the Phil McGraw recording was "mainipulated" ... not "edited"?  In other words ... no case documents are required.  The recording is the only issue?

Janet

+++++++

Judge allows lawsuit to proceed against Dr. Phil
Date: Wednesday Feb. 6, 2008 10:12 AM ET

LOS ANGELES — A California judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, lawyer for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward Ferns. "I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom.

<snipped>

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said.

In their dismissal motion, lawyers for CBS Television and McGraw maintained lawyers for the Kalpoes did not meet deadlines to produce all documents they have demanded concerning the criminal case investigation against the brothers in Aruba.

But the judge gave the Kalpoes' lawyers another five days to satisfy the document deadline.

"The documents are relevant to the most fundamental issues in this case," Ferns stated in his ruling.

"There is no other (information) which can substitute for the documents sought by the defendants due to the nature of this case."

<snipped>

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20080206/dr_phil_080206/

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #837 on: March 16, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »

Morning Monkeys!   

I'm sure that JQK will prepare Beth for the deposition, but my bet is that she will not look forward to it. Depositions can be harrowing and I hate to think about Beth having to do anything she might not want to do. If she would rather not be deposed, serving her the required papers will be easy enough because she's a public speaker with published times and dates of her whereabouts. I hadn't thought of that when I said she could probably avoid service, so she'll probably accept notice through the attys. JMO.

K2's attys still have to get all the paperwork filed and there should be some accomodation for her schedule. I'm not 100% positive they'll get it done before the April deadline. I agree, Beth may welcome the opportunity to testify at trial but testimony like hers is best served to the unexpecting and unprepared.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: March 16, 2011, 12:45:15 PM »

Morning Monkeys!   

I'm sure that JQK will prepare Beth for the deposition, but my bet is that she will not look forward to it. Depositions can be harrowing and I hate to think about Beth having to do anything she might not want to do. If she would rather not be deposed, serving her the required papers will be easy enough because she's a public speaker with published times and dates of her whereabouts. I hadn't thought of that when I said she could probably avoid service, so she'll probably accept notice through the attys. JMO.

K2's attys still have to get all the paperwork filed and there should be some accomodation for her schedule. I'm not 100% positive they'll get it done before the April deadline. I agree, Beth may welcome the opportunity to testify at trial but testimony like hers is best served to the unexpecting and unprepared.   

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: March 16, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »

Morning Monkeys!   

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.