April 19, 2024, 01:40:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307112 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »

Sorry for the OT but I have wanted to ask for weeks now, what is wrt?

with regard to

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2011, 05:43:37 PM »

Sorry for the OT but I have wanted to ask for weeks now, what is wrt?

With Regard To (I believe)

Ok that makes sense. I was at a loss, Thanks!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue Unit fought the fog Sunday to search two spots in Portland's West Hills – at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

<snipped>
http://www.kval.com/news/local/114901319.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Desiree's quote is interesting. I know she is in hell but would she really say she would be excited for searches to look for her son's body? I think the word "excited"  makes me wonder if it is Kyron they are looking for.
PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue Unit fought the fog Sunday to search two spots in Portland's West Hills – at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”<snipped>

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »

When was the last time a search was done on Sauvie Island ?
At the beginnng IIRC she said she was never on Sauvie. Are they now looking at places where she could have been where a cell could have "pinged" near that specific Sauvie Tower because of elevation ? They have her other pings from that day.

If it was from anyone talking I think it would be in a smaller more spefific area.
Hard to know what to pray for here. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2011, 05:53:39 PM »

If Desiree is excited, that is a strange remark. I hope that means that they are looking for someone else who was involved.

A suicide makes sense, doesn't it?
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »

Has anyone heard about any missing people that they are looking for?  Like about 6 or more weeks ago?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »

Does it snow in that area? It is always cold and wet in Oregon, what weather conditions were they looking for to be able to search?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »

If Desiree is excited, that is a strange remark. I hope that means that they are looking for someone else who was involved.

A suicide does make sense. hmmm anyone know a free sight you can search for recent deaths? Everything I am finding you have to pay
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »

Has anyone heard about any missing people that they are looking for?  Like about 6 or more weeks ago?

There is the one woman and 2 children who are missing.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »

Search for Kyron Horman resumes today north and west of Portland
Published: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 5:00 AM
Updated: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 9:08 AM

<snipped>

"There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2011, 06:10:36 PM »

Desiree's quote is interesting. I know she is in hell but would she really say she would be excited for searches to look for her son's body? I think the word "excited"  makes me wonder if it is Kyron they are looking for.

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”<snipped>

That was the first thing that jumped out to me as soon as I read the article and first thing I posted, but I wonder if she meant excited as in anxious......that would make more sense to me

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2011, 06:16:05 PM »

interesting article about one of the dogs at the search..

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/cadaver_dogs_join_sundays_sear.html
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »

<snipped>

"There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

Janet,

The word "those" stuck out to me, too.  I know it's wishful thinking on my part, but since LE (so far) hasn't obtained enough evidence on Terri to arrest her, and putting that together with Blink saying it's positive that Kyron didn't leave the school with Terri, then it means someone else is involved and, hopefully, that person is talking and LE will be able to link back to Terri that way.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »

I didn't realize this article had been recently updated...........grrr, I wish the reporting in all cases was better and sources were triple checked, also what is a WEB UPDATE???

WEB UPDATE: A previous report that the search team also includes a member of the Multnomah County coroner's office, an unusual addition, has so far been unconfirmed.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyronsearchresumes-114897304.html

((snipped))

At least 40 rescuers and several search dogs were a part of the effort. K9 units were provided by four search organizations.

Search coordinator Deputy Eric Gustafson of the sheriff's office said all the dogs used Sunday were trained to find human remains. The crews were looking at a six-acre area of steep slopes and heavily-wooded second-growth timber.

He did not know if the search would be completed Sunday. The search had been planned for months, but poor weather conditions forced a wait until this weekend, he said.

((snipped))
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2011, 06:32:20 PM »

A suicide does make sense. hmmm anyone know a free sight you can search for recent deaths? Everything I am finding you have to pay

I agree.

Considering there has been no bodies recovered ...  I do not believe there would be a death announcement.  Maybe six weeks ago there was a suicide not found.  Has a Terri, DeDe or a certain DeDe connection been heard from lately?

Desiree said "closure".  Somehow ... I believe this search may be "Terri" connected.

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

<snipped>

Kyron task force calls for West Hills search
Story Published: Jan 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM PST

<snipped>

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

Between 40 and 50 search-and-rescue workers, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trail heads and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road. The search team also includes a member of the Multnomah County coroner's office, an unusual addition to the search.

<snipped>

_____

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »

Question: Would this particular area of today's searchn possibly ping off a SI tower?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »

self-edit - my last post

suicide not found s/b suicide note found

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2011, 06:33:56 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/cadaver_dogs_join_sundays_sear.html
snipped:
Search and rescue teams started on Sunday morning to comb 10 areas, some of which are as large as six acres, north and west of Portland in search of the missing boy. The last time such a search took place was in November on Sauvie Island.

Investigators told The Oregonian that specific intelligence led them to the areas they are searching, and that warmer weather also provided an opportunity to comb the area. Multnomah County Sheriff's deputy Eric Gustafson said officials had planned to search the area a few months ago, but this is the first time they have been able to do so because of the weather.

10 areas? A few months ago? Didn't hear it was 2 area's and a month or 6 weeks ago?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.