March 29, 2024, 04:28:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 306082 times)
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »

Question: Would this particular area of today's searchn possibly ping off a SI tower?

IIRC there are no cell towers on Sauvie Island. The Scapoose tower is the one that pings north of Skyline and would ping if one were on Sauvie. Dixie Mountain road is in the Scapoose area. I'll look for a cell tower map and post the link when I find it.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »

Question: Would this particular area of today's searchn possibly ping off a SI tower?

Kyron Horman investigation: Transcript of interview with Sheriff Dan Staton
Published: Friday, July 02, 2010, 4:03 PM
Updated: Saturday, July 03, 2010, 12:03 AM

<snipped>

Jung: "There are a couple of other things that we had heard. One: Sauvie Island, that there were cell phone pings from Terri Horman's cell phone that pinpointed her on being Sauvie Island the day of Kyron's disappearance. Can you talk about that at all?"

Staton: "That portion of the investigation I can't talk about. I'm sorry."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »

Tracygirl - I think we can chock it up to either bad reporting of mistype or misspeak.  I don't believe there would have been snow in that area months ago, more like weeks ago.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »

I suppose we have to wait and see what they find to know why they are there? I think we can all guess until the cows come home. I am not sure if they are looking for Kyron, but I think it is evidence left behind. I think they are looking for a crime scene, but who knows.

This case is heartbreaking. I pray that Terri didn't do this. The thought of Kyron looking into the eyes of a woman who he needed to rely on to care for him just breaks my heart. He is/was just a kid, who like all kids, wanted to be loved. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »

Tracygirl - I think we can chock it up to either bad reporting of mistype or misspeak.  I don't believe there would have been snow in that area months ago, more like weeks ago.

Yea I bet your right. The video shows LE stating a month to 6 weeks ago, I suppose he would know.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2011, 06:43:53 PM »

This search obviously seems to be based on very specific intelligence so the snippet below confuses me a bit, why wait until next weekend (maybe) and not continue to search tomorrow if it's a hot tip, and by all accounts it looks like it is.....am I the only one who thinks this is confusing I guess if I were in Kyron's parents shoes I'd want this area thoroughly searched until there was nothing left to find, I wouldn't be happy with the comment I bolded below......."might come back next weekend" and " teams will NOT return tomorrow"

"None of the searching we do is random," Gustafson said, adding that he could not comment on specifics. "We don't throw darts at a board and say, 'Let's search here.' We don't say, 'We haven't searched in a while, let's go search.' "

Gustafson said he is unsure whether searchers will complete every task they had planned for today, and that while teams will not return tomorrow, they might come back next weekend. That depends on if they can get everything done before dark, which Gustafson said he is not optimistic about.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/multnomah_county_sheriffs_offi_2.html

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

IIRC there are no cell towers on Sauvie Island. The Scapoose tower is the one that pings north of Skyline and would ping if one were on Sauvie. Dixie Mountain road is in the Scapoose area. I'll look for a cell tower map and post the link when I find it.

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=97056&page=2

AT&T and Verizon have towers in Scappoose which is the closest tower to Sauvie. No cell phone providers have towers directly on Sauvie Island.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyronsearchresumes-114897304.html

((snipped))

At least 40 rescuers and several search dogs were a part of the effort. K9 units were provided by four search organizations.

Search coordinator Deputy Eric Gustafson of the sheriff's office said all the dogs used Sunday were trained to find human remains. The crews were looking at a six-acre area of steep slopes and heavily-wooded second-growth timber.

He did not know if the search would be completed Sunday. The search had been planned for months, but poor weather conditions forced a wait until this weekend, he said.

((snipped))

The story appears to have changed in regards to timing.

Janet

++++++

Search for Kyron Horman resumes today north and west of Portland
Published: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 5:00 AM
Updated: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 9:08 AM

<snipped>

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »

One thing the Deputy had said was the evidence is there and they know it isn't going anywhere or something to that effect so that got me thinking what in the heck did that mean? Does that mean it is under ground? Are there bunkers in that area? Bunkers had been discussed wayyy in the beginning of this case.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: January 30, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »

Is the search effort today in the area of Cornelius Pass?

Janet

+++++++

Jim Kelley

Day 3: FBI calls in criminal profiler in search for missing Skyline boy; interviews with students and parents begin
Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 2:14 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:01 PM

<snipped>

1:29 p.m. -- Neighbors stop by Brooks Hill Historic church, across the street from the school, to mull over the investigation. "This kind of thing is unheard of," says Jim Kelley, 50.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m, he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: January 30, 2011, 06:57:12 PM »

If Desiree is excited, that is a strange remark. I hope that means that they are looking for someone else who was involved.

A suicide makes sense, doesn't it?

A suicide does make sense. hmmm anyone know a free sight you can search for recent deaths? Everything I am finding you have to pay

i doubt they are looking for a sucide victim, unfortunately it seems clear they are looking for kyron's body
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: January 30, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

If Desiree is excited, that is a strange remark. I hope that means that they are looking for someone else who was involved.

A suicide does make sense. hmmm anyone know a free sight you can search for recent deaths? Everything I am finding you have to pay

i doubt they are looking for a sucide victim, unfortunately it seems clear they are looking for kyron's body

That is what I thought but then I read Desiree saying she is excited about the search..I am not sure if the word excited would fit, kwim? As with everything in this case, there is nothing clear. Everything has several, if not more, explanations.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: January 30, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »

IM it is confusing but I would guess he is saying it is supposed to be done today, he doubts that though and if it not done they are not coming back tomorrow, (I am guessing because they thought it would be done today) and may come back next week. (because it will take that much time to plan a 2nd search..I don't know, that is my guess.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #273 on: January 30, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »

That is what I thought but then I read Desiree saying she is excited about the search..I am not sure if the word excited would fit, kwim? As with everything in this case, there is nothing clear. Everything has several, if not more, explanations.

I wonder, since we can't hear her voice when she said "excited", maybe it was just a poor choice of words. 
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #274 on: January 30, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »

IM it is confusing but I would guess he is saying it is supposed to be done today, he doubts that though and if it not done they are not coming back tomorrow, (I am guessing because they thought it would be done today) and may come back next week. (because it will take that much time to plan a 2nd search..I don't know, that is my guess.

Part of me hopes that they (LE) are trying to draw one or more of the perpetrators back to the search area to retrieve potentially incriminating evidence. (I know too "made for TV" to be the real reason).

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »

Part of me hopes that they (LE) are trying to draw one or more of the perpetrators back to the search area to retrieve potentially incriminating evidence. (I know too "made for TV" to be the real reason).

I thought the same thing.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2011, 07:13:59 PM »

I was confused with this suicide victim scenario. If so, I was thinking that perhaps a note was left with a suicide victim in his/her home, not that they would be looking for one out in the woods. I also believe they have to be looking for Kyron's body.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »

I wonder, since we can't hear her voice when she said "excited", maybe it was just a poor choice of words. 
I suppose that is possible.
I really believe they are looking for something specific that brings answers, it could be Kyron or it could be something that links someone to his disappearance. I can't wait for the day the case isn't spoken about in riddles. I am finding that frustrating.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:46 PM »

Perhaps Desiree knows, and has known for some time after being told by LE that Kyron  is gone from this life and they've just been waiting for the weather conditions to improve so his remains may be recovered.  I would think it would be excruitating beyond belief to have to leave each day with that knowledge plus it seems Desiree has a good idea who had a hand in his disappearance and they've been out free all this time.  Maybe she's ready for her boy to be brought home and for some justice.  jmho

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »

I was confused with this suicide victim scenario. If so, I was thinking that perhaps a note was left with a suicide victim in his/her home, not that they would be looking for one out in the woods. I also believe they have to be looking for Kyron's body.

I think the suicide scenario comes from the fact that some times when people commit a major crime they try to kill themselves. I know some people that have been researching this case has been trying to track down the suicides in the greater portland area. Of course it could have been from someone attempting suicide too.
Ugh, norose I feel like "here we go again". It should be getting dark there within the next hour or so, it is 4:19 on the west coast.  I hope we hear something
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.