April 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307266 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »

Just thinking out loud:

If you lost your job 6 months ago over "erratic behavior" - wouldn't you look at getting the doctor to give you a different kind of pain pill for your shoulder?

If your family members saw you loosing touch with reality and they presumed it was over meds taken for pain for a shoulder, wouldn't you try to get your brother to obtain a different medicine?

Somehow, I don't think its just the medicine. 

I think Durham has previous mental problems, OR something happened to trigger mental problems (then...the meds could have exasperated the issue).

I totally agree with you, this man didn't all of a sudden lose touch from taking pain pills, just don't believe that. Previous mental issues and something to trigger a bigger lose of reality seems more likely. Or even some other pills he was taking could have added to this. Besides the location of his home, what else is connecting him to this case? I don't see how shooting at an officer could even be remotely connected to this case, unless something was found to connect it?

No Rose - my take on this is that where Durham lives is the area where the guy "Chas" says he saw a woman with red hair pulling out of a side road in a white truck (I believe the person was driving erratic or not looking and pulled out in front of Chas - someone please correct me, if my memory's wrong).  Anyway, Durham has long, reddish hair, he's male but not in a macho way and if someone pulled out in front of you and you got a glimpse of someone with long flowing reddish hair, it would be easy to assume it was a woman.

The "timing" of his paranoia beginning and increasing as the February 1 date approached is intriquing, as well.

This may not have anything to do with Kyron, but it certainly needs to be checked out IMO.  "WHY" was this guy paranoid that police were after him?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »

Just thinking out loud:

If you lost your job 6 months ago over "erratic behavior" - wouldn't you look at getting the doctor to give you a different kind of pain pill for your shoulder?

If your family members saw you loosing touch with reality and they presumed it was over meds taken for pain for a shoulder, wouldn't you try to get your brother to obtain a different medicine?

I think Durham has previous mental problems, OR something happened to trigger mental problems (then...the meds could have exasperated the issue).

David Durham was let go as a volunteer firefighter about six months ago.  He has been employed with Willamette Print and Blueprint for about 18 years.

Janet

+++++

Willamette Print and Blueprint

Accused Gunman's Family Stunned By Allegations
David Durham Wanted In Connection To Police Shooting
POSTED: 4:43 pm PST January 25, 2011
UPDATED: 11:45 pm PST January 25, 2011

<snipped>

Managers at Willamette Print and Blueprint, where he worked for most of the past 18 years, described him as peaceful, but said that demeanor changed about two weeks ago, possibly in reaction to a painful shoulder injury.

David Durham did not show up for work Friday.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/26615319/detail.html

Volunteer Firefighter

Thursday, January 27, 2011
Suspect who fled into Ore. woods avid outdoorsman

<snipped>

Durham's acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor on rural Sauvie Island in Portland and avid landscaper who was also a volunteer firefighter. His landlady, Kristi Fazio, told The Associated Press that Durham was always wearing camouflage fatigues when he showed up at her door to pay the rent.

But six months ago, he was moved to "inactive service" within the Sauvie Island Fire District for unspecified emotional problems.  He started slipping deeper into a depression after a breakup, friends said, and entertained paranoid fantasies about being pursued by police.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/suspect-who-fled-into-816066.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »

Do we know of this man, Durham, drives or has access to a white truck?

I was going to ask the same question! Hmmmmmmmmmm.. I checked his picture out.. his hair does look reddish. Could it have been him that was seen by this Chas person and perhaps not terri? <not that I am sticking up for her>  Just seems odd all of a sudden. IMO

They said they also were trying to locate David Anthony Durham, the registered owner of the 1984 Dodge truck driven during the attack in Lincoln City.

Durham, 43, lives on Sauvie Island in the Portland area and was described as a white male, about 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114483079.html?m=y

No idea what color it is though.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2011, 12:11:26 PM »

Thanks Janet. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »

I was going to ask the same question! Hmmmmmmmmmm.. I checked his picture out.. his hair does look reddish. Could it have been him that was seen by this Chas person and perhaps not terri? <not that I am sticking up for her>  Just seems odd all of a sudden. IMO

They said they also were trying to locate David Anthony Durham, the registered owner of the 1984 Dodge truck driven during the attack in Lincoln City.

Durham, 43, lives on Sauvie Island in the Portland area and was described as a white male, about 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114483079.html?m=y

No idea what color it is though.

http://www.katu.com/news/114511039.html

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2011, 12:22:44 PM »

Just thinking out loud:

David Durham was let go as a volunteer firefighter about six months ago.  He has been employed with Willamette Print and Blueprint for about 18 years.

Janet

+++++

Willamette Print and Blueprint

Accused Gunman's Family Stunned By Allegations
David Durham Wanted In Connection To Police Shooting
POSTED: 4:43 pm PST January 25, 2011
UPDATED: 11:45 pm PST January 25, 2011

<snipped>

Managers at Willamette Print and Blueprint, where he worked for most of the past 18 years, described him as peaceful, but said that demeanor changed about two weeks ago, possibly in reaction to a painful shoulder injury.

David Durham did not show up for work Friday.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/26615319/detail.html

Volunteer Firefighter

<snipped>

Durham's acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor on rural Sauvie Island in Portland and avid landscaper who was also a volunteer firefighter. His landlady, Kristi Fazio, told The Associated Press that Durham was always wearing camouflage fatigues when he showed up at her door to pay the rent.

But six months ago, he was moved to "inactive service" within the Sauvie Island Fire District for unspecified emotional problems.  He started slipping deeper into a depression after a breakup, friends said, and entertained paranoid fantasies about being pursued by police.

<snipped>

Janet - TY

Wow...shoulder injury happened six months ago, but co-workers noticed a change about 2 weeks ago??

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/police-continue-search-missing-boy-12801790&tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=12801344

Kyron's search made the top news and is on aol. I hope there are those that are sweating bullets right now!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »

Did Durham have a child in Skyline?  What job was he holding on the exact day Ky went missing?  Did it place him near the school if so?
That is what I have been wondering, along with, did the police find something in his home that has to do with Kyron?

So you think they found something months ago that had to do with Kyron and they couldn't search until now and coincidentally, he shot an officer and took off?  Personally, I don't think that is likely.

Klaas LE could have been looking at him since the beginning of all of this for all we know.
Terri could have been the person in the truck, perhaps he was helping her by either taking Kyron out of the school or helping her hid him.
If you think about it, he's displaying alot of the characteristics of a person LE usually says to look out for. A person with an injury, who is acting paranoid, who has a change in personality etc...Could be connected or not, but I think it is something to consider.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/police-continue-search-missing-boy-12801790&tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=12801344

Kyron's search made the top news and is on aol. I hope there are those that are sweating bullets right now!

Hear! Hear!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: January 31, 2011, 12:35:33 PM »

after reading blinks article, i have to say that i definitely think it's possible this guy could be involved, or at least definitely needs to be looked at further...

-his property connects to the search sites
-he sustained an injury in june of 2010 (could he have sustained an injury from doing something to kyron?)
-his mental state has been deteriorating since june
-eyewitness reports that kyron was in the area of his home on the day he went missing
-he is a landscaper
-he shot a police officer, which to me, could mean that he is desperate and maybe was paranoid that they were pulling him over to arrest him for kyron's disappearance so in a final act of desperation because in his mind he has nothing left to lose, shot the officer..

i could be way off, just wanted to post what i was thinking..this case is so heartbreaking 

We are on the same page.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: January 31, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »

Snipped from Blinks site,
Edit to add Link MB  http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/
"Durham’s home on Sauvie Island, is directly adjacent to a highly publicized sighting from a tipster in the Kyron Horman disappearance investigation named “Chas” who claimed to have seen Kyron and a woman with long red hair the morning of his disappearance at approximately 9:15AM on his way to work, in a white truck."

Ahh this guy has long hair? It does look sort of red...just saying.

Could they be looking for this man in the woods? Is that the reason for the cadaver dogs?

Maybe I am missing something.  The location of the search for Durham appears to be on the Oregon coast.

Janet

++++++

Durham sped south on Highway 101, with the Pacific Ocean less than 200 yards to his right and the thick beginnings of the Siuslaw National Forest on his left.

Though three cars were in pursuit of Durham, he managed to climb out of the truck and, dressed in full green camouflage, escape into the woods. His dog Huckleberry followed him but apparently became separated from him and was found Wednesday.

Inside the truck, police found weapons. They've refused to say how many or what kind.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: January 31, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »

Edit to add Link MB  http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/
"Durham’s home on Sauvie Island, is directly adjacent to a highly publicized sighting from a tipster in the Kyron Horman disappearance investigation named “Chas” who claimed to have seen Kyron and a woman with long red hair the morning of his disappearance at approximately 9:15AM on his way to work, in a white truck."

Could they be looking for this man in the woods? Is that the reason for the cadaver dogs?

Maybe I am missing something.  The location of the search for Durham appears to be on the Oregon coast.

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

Durham sped south on Highway 101, with the Pacific Ocean less than 200 yards to his right and the thick beginnings of the Siuslaw National Forest on his left.

Though three cars were in pursuit of Durham, he managed to climb out of the truck and, dressed in full green camouflage, escape into the woods. His dog Huckleberry followed him but apparently became separated from him and was found Wednesday.

Inside the truck, police found weapons. They've refused to say how many or what kind.

<snipped>

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #392 on: January 31, 2011, 12:39:09 PM »

Just thinking out loud:

I totally agree with you, this man didn't all of a sudden lose touch from taking pain pills, just don't believe that. Previous mental issues and something to trigger a bigger lose of reality seems more likely. Or even some other pills he was taking could have added to this. Besides the location of his home, what else is connecting him to this case? I don't see how shooting at an officer could even be remotely connected to this case, unless something was found to connect it?

No Rose - my take on this is that where Durham lives is the area where the guy "Chas" says he saw a woman with red hair pulling out of a side road in a white truck (I believe the person was driving erratic or not looking and pulled out in front of Chas - someone please correct me, if my memory's wrong).  Anyway, Durham has long, reddish hair, he's male but not in a macho way and if someone pulled out in front of you and you got a glimpse of someone with long flowing reddish hair, it would be easy to assume it was a woman.

The "timing" of his paranoia beginning and increasing as the February 1 date approached is intriquing, as well.

This may not have anything to do with Kyron, but it certainly needs to be checked out IMO.  "WHY" was this guy paranoid that police were after him?
Thank-you Puzzler. I do think that if you saw this man drive by you, you could certainly think he was a woman if you didn't get a close look at the person. But Brandi showed a pic of his truck, and it could be white, couldn't really tell the color. Definitely something major happened to this man to have a break with reality like this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: January 31, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »

Is there a high percentage of people with red hair in that area? I think this is like the 5th red haired person that has been brought up in the case.

Anyway, I suppose it could have been him in the truck but the witness was pretty sure it was Terri. I don't want to discount his sighting so in using what he says, and considering where he saw the truck, I have to wonder if this is the person that helped Terri either move Kyron or hid him or ???
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #394 on: January 31, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

Let me see if I understand this correctly-DD was let go from the SI fire dept, in a volunteer capacity, due to emotional issues. Yet, the place where he was employed for the last 18 years, full time, on a daily basis (?), just started seeing problems 2 weeks ago?
Where is the former girlfriend?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: January 31, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »

BBM
Oh yes!  I hope so too, sebastian. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: January 31, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »

Janet,

I think Blink's article made us "think". 

This guy is in the news for shooting a policeman - for being paranoid that the police were going to arrest him, he lives on SI, right in the area where "Chas" reported erratic driving of a truck pulling in front of him with a woman driving with long red hair (Durham's hair is long and reddish), his residence is in the basic search area, he was a volunteer fireman and would have knowledge of all those logging trails nearby, the timing of his shoulder injury and becoming paranoid by taking meds (don't buy that one), but something triggered the paranoia into thinking that police were going to arrest him.

You're right, they're looking for him in another part of the state - that's because he's on the run.

This may not have anything to do with Kyron, but there are enough questionable events and timing, that I believe it's something that should be considered.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #397 on: January 31, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

Janet I was confused by this as well. The shooting happened in a town near the ocean. Supposedly he was at a party for a co worker and left very quickly, actually leaving his girlfriend behind. He was speeding when the officer pulled him over. He shot the officer and ran off into the woods in that area. I have also read he has a vacation home in a town there, I think it is called Waldport or something like that. They found his dog who was with him and took off when the gun fire happened, but have not been able to find him. He has a home on Sauvie Island and has lived there for several years. He worked in Portland as well so his ties are in Portland.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: January 31, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »

I think you've given a good summary, Puzzler.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

Kyron searchers comb Dixie Mountain locations

By NIGEL DUARA Associated Press

Story Published: Jan 31, 2011 at 8:24 AM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A new search for an Oregon boy who's been missing for seven months was unsuccessful Sunday, but officials said the investigation into the disappearance of 8-year-old Kyron Horman will continue.

"Time is an element in that we want to get this search resolved as quickly as possible. But this young boy has been missing since June, so in terms of our investigative capabilities time isn't a factor," said Multnomah County sheriff's deputy Eric Gustafson.

((snipped))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.