April 26, 2024, 01:15:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307332 times)
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: January 31, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/fbi-offers-reward-for-822462.html
------------------------snipped from above link--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FBI has also obtained a federal fugitive warrant, which is issued when an agency has reasonable belief that a suspect crossed state lines.

Investigators say Durham wanted to travel to California, the Caribbean or Thailand.

-------------------------------------------------end snip----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, let's hope he hasn't left the state!

This bothers me - because so very often people who really want to go to Thailand want to for a reason.  What was his reason?  I doubt it's just general history and culture.  Was it for sex reasons?  Was it because there he could indulge in *something* that is frowned upon here, and what was that reason?  Or is cannabis the connecting dot between these places.  I think if we can figure out the "why" we might learn more about the "who" (he is).
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: January 31, 2011, 05:23:02 PM »

on blinks site, she talks about how david durham had a loan from the portland teachers credit union :

"In September 2005 David Durham claimed he left Willamette to become a full-time college student and that he was receiving unemployment compensation directly to his Portland Teachers Credit Union Account, while seeking financial aid."

in order to join a teachers credit union, don't you have to be employed at a school?  could there be some connection between him and terri through something related to teaching? 

i don't want to read too far into this, but i feel like that detail was put into blinks article for a reason.

Maybe David Durham never worked as an employee for school, but perhaps a parent did?  A friend of our family has a daughter that's 26 years old and a college student.  She maintains a checking and savings account through Kellogg  Brown and Root Credit Union (KBR)  It is her father that is the employee, but the company extended the benefits of the credit union to his children.  I believe her family set her account up when she was still a minor, but she can keep the account even if he stops working for the company etc. This was just something I thought of.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: January 31, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »

I wonder if Durham has a passport?  Most people don't carry their passports around with them (unless they think they may need them  ).  Also, these days security is so tight at airports, he'd have to have ID.  I don't know how far he could really get at the airport.  But if people weren't on the lookout for him early the morning of 1/24, he could have slipped by at PDX or EUG.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: January 31, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »

------------------------snipped from above link--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FBI has also obtained a federal fugitive warrant, which is issued when an agency has reasonable belief that a suspect crossed state lines.

Investigators say Durham wanted to travel to California, the Caribbean or Thailand.

-------------------------------------------------end snip----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bothers me - because so very often people who really want to go to Thailand want to for a reason.  What was his reason?  I doubt it's just general history and culture.  Was it for sex reasons?  Was it because there he could indulge in *something* that is frowned upon here, and what was that reason?  Or is cannabis the connecting dot between these places.  I think if we can figure out the "why" we might learn more about the "who" (he is).

Maybe he went there because  he could hide there fairly easily.  There are big cities and there are remote locations.  But one of the big attractions besides sex and drugs for some might be how cheap it is to live or stay there.   I've been to three places in Thailand, Bangkok, Chang Mai and Phuket and had good accomodations.  But there are rooms that can be rented really, really cheap and if one eats local food that too is cheap by Western standards.  Maybe it's a combination of some of the things? And I'll add I'm one that did go for the history and culture, not that other stuff 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #484 on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »

Maybe he went there because  he could hide there fairly easily.  There are big cities and there are remote locations.  But one of the big attractions besides sex and drugs for some might be how cheap it is to live or stay there.   I've been to three places in Thailand, Bangkok, Chang Mai and Phuket and had good accomodations.  But there are rooms that can be rented really, really cheap and if one eats local food that too is cheap by Western standards.  Maybe it's a combination of some of the things? And I'll add I'm one that did go for the history and culture, not that other stuff 

I have heard of people going to Thailand and disappearing (I mean hiding).  I know people who go there for many reasons, including cheap cosmetic procedures!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: January 31, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »

Maybe a Monkey Researher could look into what is out there regarding David Anthony Durham.  Does he have a criminal record?

Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #486 on: January 31, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/suspect-1198558-outdoorsman-search.html

<b>Police believe shooting suspect is in empty vacation home</b>

If LE can't (or won't) check the locked homes without permission, how do they know whether or not he's changed clothing or stolen a vehicle or boat?  He could've left the area days ago.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: January 31, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/27/2614840/wounded-ore-police-officer-expected.html

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #488 on: January 31, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/outdoor-living-in-eugene/waldport-cop-shooter-still-at-large-may-be-eugene-area

Waldport cop shooter still at large, may be in Eugene area

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »

During the past week, special ground tactical teams have searched more than 1,200 occupied and unoccupied homes in and around Waldport and north into the community of Seal Rock with no avail, as Durham continues to escape capture.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Waldport cop shooter still at large, may be in Eugene area - Eugene Outdoor Living | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/outdoor-living-in-eugene/waldport-cop-shooter-still-at-large-may-be-eugene-area#ixzz1CepoxCfl

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: January 31, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »

Did the volunteer fire dept Durham worked with participate with the previous searches for Kyron? 

No idea but ... I do not think that Durham would not have been part of any search effort for Kyron by the volunteer firefighters when it is considered six months ago his status was "inactive service" within the department.

Janet

++++++

Volunteer Firefighter

Thursday, January 27, 2011
Suspect who fled into Ore. woods avid outdoorsman

<snipped>

Durham's acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor on rural Sauvie Island in Portland and avid landscaper who was also a volunteer firefighter. His landlady, Kristi Fazio, told The Associated Press that Durham was always wearing camouflage fatigues when he showed up at her door to pay the rent.

But six months ago, he was moved to "inactive service" within the Sauvie Island Fire District for unspecified emotional problems.  He started slipping deeper into a depression after a breakup, friends said, and entertained paranoid fantasies about being pursued by police.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/suspect-who-fled-into-816066.html

But Kyron's been gone longer than 6 months...so there was possibly time for that to occur, right?  Kyron will be gone 8 months in only 4 more days.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: January 31, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »

I was wondering earlier if someone had helped him escape....on foot and no food...he would have to be seen somewhere, or break-in somewhere, etc. Or if he took someone's boat... WHO would help him escape? 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: January 31, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »

Thanks Brandi

Considering this image was captured on June 26th and ... the incident happened on June 23rd ... it would appear that David Durham is alive and well.

I had speculated that the dog showing up implied that maybe this guy may have taken his own life in those woods.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: January 31, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

I was wondering earlier if someone had helped him escape....on foot and no food...he would have to be seen somewhere, or break-in somewhere, etc. Or if he took someone's boat... WHO would help him escape? 

When David Durham's image was captured in the security video he was still wearing the same closing that he escaped and ... he was along.  At this point in time ... I would assume that no accomplice at entered the scenario.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: January 31, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »

Did the volunteer fire dept Durham worked with participate with the previous searches for Kyron? 

No idea but ... I do not think that Durham would not have been part of any search effort for Kyron by the volunteer firefighters when it is considered six months ago his status was "inactive service" within the department.

Janet

++++++

Volunteer Firefighter

Thursday, January 27, 2011
Suspect who fled into Ore. woods avid outdoorsman

<snipped>

Durham's acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor on rural Sauvie Island in Portland and avid landscaper who was also a volunteer firefighter. His landlady, Kristi Fazio, told The Associated Press that Durham was always wearing camouflage fatigues when he showed up at her door to pay the rent.

But six months ago, he was moved to "inactive service" within the Sauvie Island Fire District for unspecified emotional problems.  He started slipping deeper into a depression after a breakup, friends said, and entertained paranoid fantasies about being pursued by police.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/suspect-who-fled-into-816066.html

But Kyron's been gone longer than 6 months...so there was possibly time for that to occur, right?  Kyron will be gone 8 months in only 4 more days.

You are right.

Janet

_____

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #495 on: January 31, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »

When David Durham's image was captured in the security video he was still wearing the same closing that he escaped and ... he was along.  At this point in time ... I would assume that no accomplice at entered the scenario.

Janet

Hi Janet,

I believe the surveillance video was 30 mins before he shot the officer, on Jan 23, but it was released on Jan 26.  I don't think anyone has seen him since the chase.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:03 PM »

The Break-Up

David Durham's family urges the suspected gunman to turn himself in peacefully
Published: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 4:13 PM
Updated: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 4:35 PM

<snipped>

Michael Durham said he believed his brother was staying at a house in Manzanita that was owned by his employer and was rented to employees at discount rates.

He doesn't know what happened, but said he didn't think David Durham's break-up with a girlfriend was the cause, noting that they seemed to end the romantic part of their relationship a couple months or so ago and remain friends.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/01/suspected_gunmans_family_urges_david_durham_to_turn_himself_in_to_police_peacefully.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:01 PM »

Janet

Hi Janet,

I believe the surveillance video was 30 mins before he shot the officer, on Jan 23, but it was released on Jan 26.  I don't think anyone has seen him since the chase.

Thanks for the clarification.

Janet

_____

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:29 PM »

Yeah,  it makes one wonder.  My quote above uses the words "reasonable belief that a suspect crossed state lines".  That makes it sound like he's gone.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #499 on: January 31, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

Is it possible for the FBI to go back a week or weeks and check on cell phone pings and look at them day by day to find out
where a person was?

If this was pre-planned could someone have gone up there, picked out a site, prepared it, and then waited
for that day, so not to spend more time then what they had to do to hide kyron?

If it's possible could LE have taken the time to connect the dots?

apparently cell phone info can go back 2-3 years. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.