April 26, 2024, 09:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307339 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/fbi-offers-reward-for-822462.html
------------------------snipped from above link--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FBI has also obtained a federal fugitive warrant, which is issued when an agency has reasonable belief that a suspect crossed state lines.

Investigators say Durham wanted to travel to California, the Caribbean or Thailand.

-------------------------------------------------end snip----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, let's hope he hasn't left the state!

Oh no, Ca does not need another nut case. I can see him coming to Ca from Oregon, but he must have a car if the policeman was killed stopping him for a traffic violation. He would have to have cash for gas. The swat team close to where he lives, I do not understand unless they think he is hiding out in the woods.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: January 31, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

Desiree Young says waiting for word on Kyron Horman is 'torture'
Published: Monday, January 31, 2011, 11:53 AM     Updated: Monday, January 31, 2011, 3:52 PM

The mother of Kyron Horman struggled today with feelings of despair following yet another failed search for her missing son.

"It's torture," said Desiree Young. "It's the worst cruel punishment that a woman has to go through."

Young knew, however, that the search on Sunday in areas north and west of Portland with specially trained dogs would be difficult.

"The area that they were searching is kind of vast," she said. "I know that we were going into this with the idea that it would be an extremely difficult search."

She said she knew about plans for Sunday's search since a briefing with investigators before Thanksgiving. She said they told her and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, they had solid new evidence.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/desiree_young_says_waiting_for.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: January 31, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »

Maybe he went there because  he could hide there fairly easily.  There are big cities and there are remote locations.  But one of the big attractions besides sex and drugs for some might be how cheap it is to live or stay there.   I've been to three places in Thailand, Bangkok, Chang Mai and Phuket and had good accomodations.  But there are rooms that can be rented really, really cheap and if one eats local food that too is cheap by Western standards.  Maybe it's a combination of some of the things? And I'll add I'm one that did go for the history and culture, not that other stuff 

lol uh huh sure you did!  (wink)  I'm teasing of course, because I feel kind of silly now.  But good points!  Thank you for the reminders.  (And I'm jealous - as I, too, would want to go there to see the different culture, etc!)   Very Happy
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: January 31, 2011, 10:52:53 PM »

Well...this is a very interesting post at BOC....WHAT does this mean!?!?!?

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/#comments

puzzled says:
January 31, 2011 at 5:01 pm

The FBI has also obtained a federal fugitive warrant, which is issued when an agency has reasonable belief that a suspect crossed state lines.

~~~~~~~
wonder if DAD has been reading BOC and recognized himself in the profile Blink posted way back when?

I can promise you that is not the real reason they obtained that warrant, which is sealed.
B

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:14 PM »

So, I was reading comments at Blinks and someone said they thought Dunham was dressed oddly for a party.  Allover camo w/beret?  That made me think about the fact it sounds like he had a lot of guns in the car, too.  It sounds like he had some evil plan he was about to carry out.  So when he got pulled over w/ guns in the vehicle he freaked out.  What would he have done if he hadn't been pulled over???

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #505 on: January 31, 2011, 11:51:29 PM »

Well...this is a very interesting post at BOC....WHAT does this mean!?!?!?

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/#comments

puzzled says:
January 31, 2011 at 5:01 pm

~~~~~~~
wonder if DAD has been reading BOC and recognized himself in the profile Blink posted way back when?

I can promise you that is not the real reason they obtained that warrant, which is sealed.
B

So then, maybe he is still in Oregon.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: January 31, 2011, 11:53:45 PM »

Oops, should be Durham, not Dunham! 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #507 on: February 01, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »

If he planned on leaving the country, he would need a passport.

If he left the country, LE knows that. You cannot get a ticket out of the US  unless you give your passport number.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #508 on: February 01, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/updates/25838837-55/durham-fbi-warrant-information-police.csp

<quote>A U.S. District judge in Portland issued the warrant to investigators who sought it based on a “reasonable belief” that Durham left Oregon following the shooting, FBI officials said in a news release.

“In this in­stance, investigators cited the fact that Durham has expressed a desire to travel or is believed to have traveled to California, the Caribbean and Thailand in the past, in order to obtain the warrant,” the statement reads.

</quote>

So, the way this reads, he may've already visited the Caribbean and Thailand.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #509 on: February 01, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »

http://kdrv.com/news/local/203152
Investigators now believe the man suspected of shooting a police officer in Lincoln City last week may have fled to California.

Police say 43-year-old David Durham may have traveled down Interstate 5, through Southern Oregon. Police have issued a federal fugitive warrant, making Durham a wanted man in every state.

Maybe he traveled by bus?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: February 01, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »

in regards to the fact that the warrant for David Durham is sealed, I know if a minor could be involved they will often seal the warrant if a minor's name is listed to protect the minor. 

they also would have a compelling reason to seal the warrant if they are looking for any sort of incriminating correspondance with someone else also involved in the crime, and they don't want to completely tip the other person off (this happens a lot with drug informants)

i could just be grasping at straws but at this point anything is possible with kyron's case

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »

Published: Monday, January 31, 2011, 11:53 AM     Updated: Monday, January 31, 2011, 3:52 PM

The mother of Kyron Horman struggled today with feelings of despair following yet another failed search for her missing son.

"It's torture," said Desiree Young. "It's the worst cruel punishment that a woman has to go through."

Young knew, however, that the search on Sunday in areas north and west of Portland with specially trained dogs would be difficult.

"The area that they were searching is kind of vast," she said. "I know that we were going into this with the idea that it would be an extremely difficult search."

She said she knew about plans for Sunday's search since a briefing with investigators before Thanksgiving. She said they told her and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, they had solid new evidence.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/desiree_young_says_waiting_for.html

My heart aches for Desiree.  I know she's in extreme paind.

This, like with everything else, is nothing but confusing.  LE says 6 weeks they've been planning for search, waiting on the weather to clear; Desiree says she's known about this search since before Christmas - the timing doesn't jive between the two stories and the"weather" issue doesn't either.  Nothing but confusion.  It's beyond frustrating. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: February 01, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »

<snipped>

This, like with everything else, is nothing but confusing.  LE says 6 weeks they've been planning for search, waiting on the weather to clear; Desiree says she's known about this search since before Christmas - the timing doesn't jive between the two stories and the"weather" issue doesn't either.  Nothing but confusion.  It's beyond frustrating. 

I'm sorry.  Meant to say that Desiree states she's known about this search since before "Thanksgiving" (shouldn't type when I'm so disallusioned).  And, of course paind s/b "pain".

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: February 01, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »

snipped from BOC article/blog, i dont remember reading this b4,i do remember the chase story,but i dont remember
chas saying he saw kyron with the person in the truck

Durham’s home on Sauvie Island, is directly adjacent to a highly publicized sighting from a tipster in the Kyron Horman disappearance investigation named “Chas” who claimed to have seen Kyron and a woman with long red hair the morning of his disappearance at approximately 9:15AM on his way to work, in a white truck.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »

<snipped>

I'm sorry.  Meant to say that Desiree states she's known about this search since before "Thanksgiving" (shouldn't type when I'm so disallusioned).  And, of course paind s/b "pain".

IMO, LE had waited 6 weeks to search because of weather but they likely had the information of what and where prior to 6 weeks but needed more information to narrow down the area to search.  Sounds like they have a general and not specific area.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: February 01, 2011, 11:49:12 AM »

snipped from BOC article/blog, i dont remember reading this b4,i do remember the chase story,but i dont remember
chas saying he saw kyron with the person in the truck

Durham’s home on Sauvie Island, is directly adjacent to a highly publicized sighting from a tipster in the Kyron Horman disappearance investigation named “Chas” who claimed to have seen Kyron and a woman with long red hair the morning of his disappearance at approximately 9:15AM on his way to work, in a white truck.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

Published: 6/04/2010 8:18 pm
Last Update: 10/04/2010 6:53 am

((snipped))

Also Sunday, a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman.

“I didn't really think anything of it, obviously at that time there was no reason to.”

“Chas” said he's been following Kyron's disappearance since day 1, and when police released the flier asking the public to come forward with any information if they had seen Terri Horman or the white truck the day Kyron disappeared. That's when “Chas” remembered back to June 4th and called the tip line.

“The next day, I called again, and gave a little bit more detailed information because in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe I didn't give enough information."

Now 10 days later, “Chas” was left feeling a little frustrated.

"How many other people made tips and it's just not getting paid attention to. I don't feel like my tip is the breaker of the case, or anything like that, but it might be one piece of the puzzle that should maybe help."

As far as the tipline, Lt. Mary Lindstrand said tips have dropped off a bit. They averaged around 5 to 10 an hour.

((snipped))

I don't see anything about Kyron being seen and he sounds pretty certain it was Terri Horman and not a guy.  I think Blink is off base on this one.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: February 01, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »

<snipped>

IMO, LE had waited 6 weeks to search because of weather but they likely had the information of what and where prior to 6 weeks but needed more information to narrow down the area to search.  Sounds like they have a general and not specific area.

Klaas, I think you're probably right on the timing.  Thanks.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: February 01, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

Yes, and it also sounds like LE has a "general" area...not specific.  Hence, the various points where a car could drive to and the fan out and search from those different points within the general area.  Totally agree.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: February 01, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »

Yes, and it also sounds like LE has a "general" area...not specific.  Hence, the various points where a car could drive to and the fan out and search from those different points within the general area.  Totally agree.

i agree, great point. i hope they continue searching more this week...and i hope tmh is shaking in her boots right now. she is not going to get away with this. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: February 01, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »

thanks klaas,prob a misprint,just making sure

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.