April 25, 2024, 04:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307284 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: February 01, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »

If he believed he was being followed and given he is a survivalist type of person it could be he had stored some food in area's in case he needed them. Just a thought.

Also, I am curious if he could have gotten on a boat. The ocean is right there and I am sure there are boats around. Not that he would ever make it, but his thought as a crazy, desperate person, could have been to take a boat and travel to Thailand?

He had supposedly fired a shot at a fisherman, right?  I'm sure his plan was to take his boat.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/01/officer_down_timeline_lincoln_city_traffic_stop_sets_dramatic_events_in_motion.html

Fisherman didn't necessarily have a boat, he more likely was fishing from shore or from a bridge.  I was just looking at photos of Waldport Oregon and it's not really a boating area.  I'm not seeing any boats really in photos.  Mostly just a nice harbor. 

http://www.waldport.org/
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #541 on: February 02, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »

I would think that now is not a good time to be out in a boat fishing unless it's some kind of yacht
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: February 02, 2011, 12:46:58 AM »

I would think that now is not a good time to be out in a boat fishing unless it's some kind of yacht

..as long as you stay away from the Somali coast!

Actually, I doubt he took a boat for escape.

And I am starting to think he doesn't have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

But who knows.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: February 02, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »

Statons words still stick with me- things we suspected, we no longer suspect. Things they wished they didn't or to that effect made me wonder if it was a cop. Maybe he was hinting at someone in public service which could very well be someone who was a firefighter. DAD does have long reddish hair and could have been mistaken for a female during a quick glance. I also cannot remember hearing anything- ever- being refered to as 'solid' during this case. I hope they are on the right track.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: February 02, 2011, 12:49:18 AM »

And I am starting to think he doesn't have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

But who knows.

Brandi - I tend to agree with you but exactly, who knows.   I REALLY don't believe anyone mistook him and his vehicle for Terri Horman.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: February 02, 2011, 12:50:02 AM »

*Things they knew and wished they didn't- or to that effect. Sorry about the confusion in my prior post.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: February 02, 2011, 01:09:37 AM »

If an incident occurs in front of a group of 10 people, you wind up with 10 different stories. "Chas" may very well have seen a white truck with what appeared to be a ' woman' (a man with long red hair and feminine looking features) driving it. We don't know how long 'Chas' 'looked' at the driver, 'Chas's' vision or were the windows tinted.   

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #547 on: February 02, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »

This was posted on BOC and I thought I would bring it over here because I hadn't seen this article. Thanks Idahogal!

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Idahogal says:
February 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm

This article from KATU was updated last night at 8:44 pm. It contains a statement from a rancher in the new search area that I have never heard before. He saw a white truck on his property on June 4th with a “gal sitting in it”.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

(Snipped)

At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

“It was a white truck and it had a gal sitting in it,” he said.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

“It was parked at one of the gates,” he said.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.

Since August investigators have wanted people who think they saw the white truck Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, drove to Skyline School the morning Kyron disappeared to come forward.

The searches concentrated on an area about six miles to the northwest of Skyline School.

Crews searched the area around Moreland Road and Skyline Boulevard and canines were used to the south of the road.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #548 on: February 02, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »

Statons words still stick with me- things we suspected, we no longer suspect. Things they wished they didn't or to that effect made me wonder if it was a cop. Maybe he was hinting at someone in public service which could very well be someone who was a firefighter. DAD does have long reddish hair and could have been mistaken for a female during a quick glance. I also cannot remember hearing anything- ever- being refered to as 'solid' during this case. I hope they are on the right track.

<snipped>
She said she knew about plans for Sunday's search since a briefing with investigators before Thanksgiving. She said they told her and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, they had solid new evidence.
<end snip>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/desiree_young_says_waiting_for.html
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #549 on: February 02, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

If he believed he was being followed and given he is a survivalist type of person it could be he had stored some food in area's in case he needed them. Just a thought.

Also, I am curious if he could have gotten on a boat. The ocean is right there and I am sure there are boats around. Not that he would ever make it, but his thought as a crazy, desperate person, could have been to take a boat and travel to Thailand?

He had supposedly fired a shot at a fisherman, right?  I'm sure his plan was to take his boat.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/01/officer_down_timeline_lincoln_city_traffic_stop_sets_dramatic_events_in_motion.html

Fisherman didn't necessarily have a boat, he more likely was fishing from shore or from a bridge.  I was just looking at photos of Waldport Oregon and it's not really a boating area.  I'm not seeing any boats really in photos.  Mostly just a nice harbor. 

http://www.waldport.org/

http://www.dailyastorian.com/news/northwest/article_6aca3c82-28ac-11e0-af16-001cc4c03286.html
<snipped>
The search began after the gunman was spotted and chased by police in Newport, about 14 miles north of Waldport. Shots were fired at officers, but no one was hit. After the truck was stopped by spike strips on the highway, Durham ran into a wooded area and shot at a crab fisherman on a boat in Alsea Bay, near the scenic Waldport Bridge, Miranda said.

The fisherman was struck by shrapnel but not seriously injured. Investigators believe the gunman mistook him for a police officer, Miranda said
<end snip>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: February 02, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »

http://www.portofalsea.com/

Slow loading page for me anyway
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #551 on: February 02, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

So what is the solid evidence?

Did someone confess that there was another cell phone or did LE glean it from cellphone records that they went through?

If she texted, the info is saved.

The area seems to fit as 2 different people may have seen her there.  If it was one person, we could wonder.  But 2 saw a white truck there?  I am thinking it's pretty positive that she may have been there.

And if there are pings on SI with her cell phone, someone must have driven that phone around.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #552 on: February 02, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »

Waldport seems to be quite a ways from Portland
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #553 on: February 02, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »

But who knows.

Brandi - I tend to agree with you but exactly, who knows.   I REALLY don't believe anyone mistook him and his vehicle for Terri Horman.
I am on the fence regarding Durham.  He is tied to the area of the new search, and the timing of some of his "issues" is interesting for sure, but I don't see a firm connection.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #554 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »

I'd love to know what Terri has been up to.  I just don't see her sitting at home knitting.  She needs attention.  Is she online?  Is she dating?  Has she joined a gym? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #555 on: February 02, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »

So what is the solid evidence?

Did someone confess that there was another cell phone or did LE glean it from cellphone records that they went through?

If she texted, the info is saved.

The area seems to fit as 2 different people may have seen her there.  If it was one person, we could wonder.  But 2 saw a white truck there?  I am thinking it's pretty positive that she may have been there.

And if there are pings on SI with her cell phone, someone must have driven that phone around.

Who knows what the solid new evidence is.  But LE showed DY the emails just before Thanksgiving.  And the emails made her feel that TH could have hurt Kyron.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »

This was posted on BOC and I thought I would bring it over here because I hadn't seen this article. Thanks Idahogal!

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Idahogal says:
February 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm

This article from KATU was updated last night at 8:44 pm. It contains a statement from a rancher in the new search area that I have never heard before. He saw a white truck on his property on June 4th with a “gal sitting in it”.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

(Snipped)

At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

“It was a white truck and it had a gal sitting in it,” he said.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

“It was parked at one of the gates,” he said.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.

Since August investigators have wanted people who think they saw the white truck Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, drove to Skyline School the morning Kyron disappeared to come forward.

The searches concentrated on an area about six miles to the northwest of Skyline School.

Crews searched the area around Moreland Road and Skyline Boulevard and canines were used to the south of the road.

Thanks I knew I saw a boat reference somewhere as I didn't just pull that out of nowhere. To me it makes sense that if they can't find him on land, then maybe he went out to sea. Did he? Who knows really.

I don't know if he is connected but there are reasons to consider it. I can't find anything really on the guy other then what we know. As someone said the timing of everything is interesting. I suppose we will see.

The one thing I cannot figure out is why was that truck parked there on that gravel road? Out of all of the area's to meet someone why choose the spot where houses are and potential witnesses can see you? There is the water way and also a train that is near that spot, does that have anything to do with anything? We also know it was not Terri as she was at home, per kaine. So who was it and why were they there? To believe the sighting you have to believe someone else was involved, so who? What time was Dede out of work that day? The mid afternoon sighting was at 2 or 3? Something like that. I believe Dede worked later then that, and if so, if not Terri, if not Dede, who was in that truck, sitting and waiting. Does that have anything to do with this? 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #557 on: February 02, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »

where is there a time reference to what time the white truck was seen on the area that they are searching now?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: February 02, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »

We sure won't have answers until this guy is found. In the meantime, he is a danger to the general public- without having any connection to Kyron's disappearance and needs to be off the streets. He may be an 'outdoors/survivalist
' type, but his behavoir will make him stand out like a sore thumb wherever he goes.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #559 on: February 02, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »

New info about Durham:

------------------snipped----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/25842189-41/durham-police-fbi-lincoln-affidavit.csp

The man accused of shooting a Lincoln City police officer during a traffic stop sold many of his personal belongings last month and told a number of friends and relatives that he planned to travel to the Caribbean and live on an island there, an FBI arrest warrant affidavit filed in U.S. District Court states.

According to the affidavit, detectives have David Durham’s passport in their possession. But he wouldn’t need it to visit some islands in the Caribbean — including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands — because they are considered part of the United States.

Durham’s passport indicated that he had traveled in the past to Thailand, FBI Special Agent Michael Holeman wrote in the affidavit.
---------------------------------end snip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he doesn't have his passport, and he's been planning to leave the country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.