April 25, 2024, 04:18:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307282 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: February 02, 2011, 03:15:22 PM »

This is an interesting post from BOC - I don't have any access to check out FB pictures to check out the one of Kyron in front of fire engine #1:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Shelly says:
February 1, 2011 at 10:54 pm
Wondering if Ky had ever met D.A.D before…there is a pic on Missing Kyron (facebook page), first photo album (wall photos) pic #166 of 193- pic of Kyron posing infront of “fire engine #1″.

Yeah, just no reason to believe that this was a fire engine on Sauvie Island, where he was a volunteer:

Agreed.

Almost every young boy loves fire engines, and many want to be a fireman at some time in their youth.

I see this as a simple trip to a fire house for fun.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: February 02, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »

<snipped>

Do I have this right?  Durham was speeding and he was stopped by LE throwing out strips that gave him flat tires.  Then he went off on foot, with the weapon(s) he had on him (left other weapons in the car).

Thursday, January 27, 2011
Suspect who fled into Ore. woods avid outdoorsman

<snipped>

On Sunday night, Dodds pulled over a 1984 Dodge truck driven by a man police believe to be Durham on a coastal highway. A dashboard camera video hasn't been released, but at some point during the encounter, Dodds, 45, was shot more than once.

Dodds managed to call in the shooting to dispatchers despite his wounds.

Durham sped south on Highway 101, with the Pacific Ocean less than 200 yards to his right and the thick beginnings of the Siuslaw National Forest on his left.

Though three cars were in pursuit of Durham, he managed to climb out of the truck and, dressed in full green camouflage, escape into the woods. His dog Huckleberry followed him but apparently became separated from him and was found Wednesday.

Inside the truck, police found weapons. They've refused to say how many or what kind.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/suspect-who-fled-into-816066.html

February 2, 2011
Oregon town searched after officer shot during stop
By WILLIAM MCCALL Associated Press

<snipped>

Dodds, the department's officer of the year in 2010, was shot multiple times shortly after he stopped the Dodge truck for speeding Sunday night in Lincoln City, about 14 miles north of Waldport.

Lincoln City police Lt. Jerry Palmer said Dodds was able to call in his own officer down report. The scene was captured on a patrol car video camera, but no details were being released.

Dodds, the department's officer of the year in 2010, was shot multiple times shortly after he stopped the Dodge truck for speeding Sunday night in Lincoln City, about 14 miles north of Waldport.

Lincoln City police Lt. Jerry Palmer said Dodds was able to call in his own officer down report. The scene was captured on a patrol car video camera, but no details were being released.

<snipped>

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114483079.html?m=y

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: February 02, 2011, 03:22:17 PM »

It appears that at the end of the video ... Michael Durham was not forthcoming to the interviewer concerning David's hunting skills.  Also ... Michael would not respond to queries regarding whether or not his brother had attempted contact with the family.

Janet

++++++

Raw video: Interview with brother of suspect   
Posted on January 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Updated Tuesday, Jan 25 at 3:36 PM

1:10
http://www.kgw.com/video?id=114604659&sec=547977

Ore. family pleads with suspected shooter to turn himself in
Story Created: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM MST
Story Updated: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM MST

PORTLAND, Ore. – The family of the man police say shot and critically injured a police officer during a traffic stop made a public plea Tuesday for him to turn himself in.

<snipped>

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/114651479.html

Thanks Janet
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »

This is an interesting post from BOC - I don't have any access to check out FB pictures to check out the one of Kyron in front of fire engine #1:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Shelly says:
Wondering if Ky had ever met D.A.D before…there is a pic on Missing Kyron (facebook page), first photo album (wall photos) pic #166 of 193- pic of Kyron posing infront of “fire engine #1″.

Yeah, just no reason to believe that this was a fire engine on Sauvie Island, where he was a volunteer:

Agreed.

Almost every young boy loves fire engines, and many want to be a fireman at some time in their youth.

Cute pic! Isn't that his monkey shirt?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »

Shelly says:

Agreed.

Agree. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »

<snipped>

Do I have this right?  Durham was speeding and he was stopped by LE throwing out strips that gave him flat tires.  Then he went off on foot, with the weapon(s) he had on him (left other weapons in the car).

<snipped>

On Sunday night, Dodds pulled over a 1984 Dodge truck driven by a man police believe to be Durham on a coastal highway. A dashboard camera video hasn't been released, but at some point during the encounter, Dodds, 45, was shot more than once.

Durham sped south on Highway 101, with the Pacific Ocean less than 200 yards to his right and the thick beginnings of the Siuslaw National Forest on his left.

Though three cars were in pursuit of Durham, he managed to climb out of the truck and, dressed in full green camouflage, escape into the woods. His dog Huckleberry followed him but apparently became separated from him and was found Wednesday.

Inside the truck, police found weapons. They've refused to say how many or what kind.

<snipped>

February 2, 2011

<snipped>

<snipped>

(Continued)

February 2, 2011

<snipped>

The manhunt began after the gunman drove south on U.S. 101 and was spotted and chased by Newport police, with several shots fired at officers. None were hit.

The Dodge was stopped by spike strips on the highway at Waldport, where the driver fled on foot into a wooded area. The gunman also shot at a crab fisherman on a boat in Alsea Bay, near the bridge, Newport Police Chief Mark Miranda said.

The fisherman was struck by shrapnel but not seriously injured.

<snipped>

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

February 2, 2011

<snipped>

<snipped>

Janet - TY

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: February 02, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »

He has not been in the news that much in my area. I have not found anything in the news outside of Oregon. I think Yahoo did something or it was in the headlines for a day.  I think he could have traveled out of Oregon, into California without that much trouble. What I find odd though is there has not been any sightings of him anywhere since he took off. I believe he was staying down that way, he does have the vacation home. I am sure what ever plans he was laying out has to do with that area.  It seems if he was sitting on a bus, by now someone would have said they saw him, kwim? Could he have stowed away on something such as a train, boat etc? I guess it possible he took a boat and headed south to Mexico or north to Canada? Did he have a boat? Have there been any reports about stolen cars or boats, or geez even a bicycle, lol. Sounds funny but a person can travel a long way on a bike.

I bet though he is dead, that is my first guess actually. 

TG - how do you think he might have died - suicide? fell in the woods and hit a rock, etc.? adverse weather elements?

Have we heard if LE has searched the area where he took off on foot with scent dogs?  They could have gotten a scent from his car.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »

To me it makes sense that there could be a few things that could have happened. He is in hiding somewhere, he went out into a remote area and died some how, or he left that area some how. If he had been paranoid that LE was coming to get him, then to me it makes sense he would have had an escape plan in the event that LE did come after him. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #589 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »

Look at the weather.  Going in boat , unless it is a very expensive boat, would be a killer at this time of year.

I don't know that an expensive boat would make it far in this type of weather.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #590 on: February 02, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »

A link that monchichi posted says he's headed toward California.

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/25842189-41/durham-police-fbi-lincoln-affidavit.csp

<snipped>

Durham is wanted in connection with the shooting of officer Steven Dodds, who stopped Durham’s sport utility vehicle on Highway 101 for speeding just before midnight on Jan. 23.

Durham told Dodds during the traffic stop that “he was on his way to a military base in California,” Holeman wrote.

Dodds, 45, was shot in his pelvis and abdomen. He is recovering from the injuries in a Portland hospital. Doctors expect him to make a full recovery.

<snipped>

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »

To me it makes sense that there could be a few things that could have happened. He is in hiding somewhere, he went out into a remote area and died some how, or he left that area some how. If he had been paranoid that LE was coming to get him, then to me it makes sense he would have had an escape plan in the event that LE did come after him. 

Escape plan makes sense to me. 

He was carrying weapons in the car...were they to be used if LE came after him?

I doubt he would plan to shoot a policeman if he were speeding...I think he's guilty of something and knew LE would come looking for him one day (not saying the guiltyiness would have anything to do with Kyron)?

Does anyone know "how" he hurt his shoulder in early June?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #592 on: February 02, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »

Look at the weather.  Going in boat , unless it is a very expensive boat, would be a killer at this time of year.

Agree...a boat sounds unlikely.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: February 02, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »

Weather would not be an issue.  It's not bad at all right now on the Oregon coast and the winds are calm:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/OR/Waldport.html

http://www.wunderground.com/US/OR/Waldport.html

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #594 on: February 02, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »

::HelloKitty:

as far as a boat, I mean for anything length of trip.  It's cold and the weather is totally unpredictable.

I wonder if he was going to the San Diego area and why he was going there.  Is that the only military base in California?  I don't know.

The Marines and the Navy?

Was he going there to shoot at them?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: February 02, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »

as far as a boat, I mean for anything length of trip.  It's cold and the weather is totally unpredictable.

I wonder if he was going to the San Diego area and why he was going there.  Is that the only military base in California?  I don't know.

There are many military bases in California.  He's not likely to get far on a military base with a Federal Warrant on him.  Trying to get to the Caribbean by boat from Oregon is highly unlikely.  His best bet would be to travel by land to Mexico then to get over to the gulf side and then hitch a boat ride to a Caribbean island from the gulf side of Mexico.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: February 02, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

I count 32 military bases listed here in California:
http://militarybases.com/california/

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: February 02, 2011, 04:12:23 PM »

Here's a post from BOC alluding to "two" vehicles owned by Durham.  I know of the one that is a white surburban SUV/Truck.
What is the description of the 2nd vehicle?

Tarheel says:
February 1, 2011 at 11:40 am
20.Lea Conner says:
January 31, 2011 at 4:39 pm
Note the vehicle descriptions and compare to the two vehicles belonging to David Anthony Durham:

Perhaps I missed it, but do we know the details of vehicles owned by DAD?

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #598 on: February 02, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »

I think the Military base in CA was just a quick lie he thought up, he was all in camo and if the officer looked in the car and saw guns, it would be better if he thought he was in the military.  I don't think there was an ounce of truth in any of that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: February 02, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »

I was once given the advice to not think about it as what I would do but as what a criminal or crazy person may consider. I actually think the boat is a possibility only because he is presenting himself as not thinking clearly. I think a sane and reasonable person may think, hey it is winter, it is too risky. However a person who is desperate and what has been said to be delusional, it may seem like a way out. I don't know though, I am not married to the idea
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.