April 26, 2024, 02:05:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307358 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: February 02, 2011, 04:18:41 PM »

::HelloKitty:

as far as a boat, I mean for anything length of trip.  It's cold and the weather is totally unpredictable.

I wonder if he was going to the San Diego area and why he was going there.  Is that the only military base in California?  I don't know.

The Marines and the Navy?

Was he going there to shoot at them?

I think the Military base in CA was just a quick lie he thought up, he was all in camo and if the officer looked in the car and saw guns, it would be better if he thought he was in the military.  I don't think there was an ounce of truth in any of that.

OMG I was just going to post this same thing!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: February 02, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »

Puzzler to answer your question from before, I don't know if it has been said how he hurt is shoulder
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »

Here's a post from BOC alluding to "two" vehicles owned by Durham.  I know of the one that is a white surburban SUV/Truck.
What is the description of the 2nd vehicle?

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Tarheel says:
February 1, 2011 at 11:40 am
20.Lea Conner says:
January 31, 2011 at 4:39 pm
Note the vehicle descriptions and compare to the two vehicles belonging to David Anthony Durham:

Perhaps I missed it, but do we know the details of vehicles owned by DAD?

The above picture is the vehicle that he fled from after driving over the spike strips.

I think it is a Dodge Ram Charger, 1984. I don't think it is white.

I have not read about any other vehicles he owns.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: February 02, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

Here's a post from BOC alluding to "two" vehicles owned by Durham.  I know of the one that is a white surburban SUV/Truck.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Tarheel says:
20.Lea Conner says:
Note the vehicle descriptions and compare to the two vehicles belonging to David Anthony Durham:

The above picture is the vehicle that he fled from after driving over the spike strips.

I think it is a Dodge Ram Charger, 1984. I don't think it is white.

I have not read about any other vehicles he owns.

Brandi - TY

That's the "one" vehicle I remember, thought I read here on SM that it was white (could be wrong).

Now I'm curious as to any second vehicle he may own.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: February 02, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »

He has a federal warrant out for his arrest.  They will be looking for him everywhere, in airports, at borders, etc.

I agree, now they are looking everywhere for him, but the federal warrant came later, and in the beginning they sure thought they had him trapped.  They may not have been looking other places initially.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:16 PM »

http://www.spotlightnews.net/news/story.php?story_id=129667924102864400

((snipped))

A friend of Durham, who wished to only be cited by her first name Heather, said she believes he may be dead.“I believe that if he wasn’t dead, he would walk into a police station and turn himself in,” she said.

In the last few months there have been reported signs that Durham was in bad mental shape — acting erratically, paranoid and anti-social — but Heather said she and others had no idea how bad it was until they saw he was wanted in connection with the officer shooting and subsequent chase down Highway 101.

A few weeks before those events, Durham left a message with another acquaintance to say he couldn’t talk, but that he would instead “call when it’s safe,” Heather said. When a friend called him back to ask if he was OK, she said Durham’s response was “leave me alone.”

“He was definitely going through something,” she said. “We just didn’t know how serious it was.”
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: February 02, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »

<snipped>

Although Durham has been labeled a survivalist by some, Heather said he is more of an outdoor enthusiast, who one day hoped to start a camouflage clothing company. She doesn’t believe he would last long in the wilderness. She said Durham has been on pain medication as he prepared for upcoming surgery where his arm would be amputated and reattached to fix chronic pain associated with an unknown bone disorder.

Heather said she and other friends of Durham hope he turns himself in, but aren’t certain it will end that way.

“I believe that if he was capable of shooting a police officer, he was certainly capable of shooting himself,” she said.
<snipped>

http://www.spotlightnews.net/news/story_2nd.php?story_id=129667924102864400

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: February 02, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »

<snipped>

Although Durham has been labeled a survivalist by some, Heather said he is more of an outdoor enthusiast, who one day hoped to start a camouflage clothing company. She doesn’t believe he would last long in the wilderness. She said Durham has been on pain medication as he prepared for upcoming surgery where his arm would be amputated and reattached to fix chronic pain associated with an unknown bone disorder.

Heather said she and other friends of Durham hope he turns himself in, but aren’t certain it will end that way.

“I believe that if he was capable of shooting a police officer, he was certainly capable of shooting himself,” she said.
<snipped>

Whoa!  Doesn't sound good.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: February 02, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »

<snipped>

<snipped>

Whoa!  Doesn't sound good.

no it doesn't sound good. It just seems if he was alive there would have been a sighting of him. Who knows, killing himself could have been his escape plan (if he had one)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #609 on: February 02, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »

Could this be what Desiree was talking about, when she said LE talked with her before Thanksgiving and told her they had solid new evidence – could it be this information disclosed by the rancher of seeing someone in a truck sitting at one of the gates – could this be the “reason” LE is checking all those different areas?  Eleven, I believe.  It sounds like it to me.  It also makes me wonder why the rancher wasn’t a little more specific about the area the gate was in.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html
(snip)  At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

“It was a white truck and it had a gal sitting in it,” he said.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

“It was parked at one of the gates,” he said.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.  (snip)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: February 02, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »

Could this be what Desiree was talking about, when she said LE talked with her before Thanksgiving and told her they had solid new evidence – could it be this information disclosed by the rancher of seeing someone in a truck sitting at one of the gates – could this be the “reason” LE is checking all those different areas?  Eleven, I believe.  It sounds like it to me.  It also makes me wonder why the rancher wasn’t a little more specific about the area the gate was in.
(snip)  At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.  (snip)

I don't think that would be considered SOLID evidence unless they had an actual photo of the vehicle and someone carrying Kyron's body out of it.  They are clearly and admittedly looking for Kyron's body and the crime site.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: February 02, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »

Did anyone see this?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html?tab=video
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »

Puzzler we just posted the same thing, lol. My brain seems to be linked with a few posters today!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »

I don't think that would be considered SOLID evidence unless they had an actual photo of the vehicle and someone carrying Kyron's body out of it.  They are clearly and admittedly looking for Kyron's body and the crime site.

That's what I thought, too.  That's why I was asking a question about it.  Solid sounds solid (and I pray LE has new solid evidence). 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: February 02, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »

Puzzler we just posted the same thing, lol. My brain seems to be linked with a few posters today!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: February 02, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

Tarheel says:
20.Lea Conner says:

Thursday, January 27, 2011
Suspect who fled into Ore. woods avid outdoorsman

<snipped>

On Sunday night, Dodds pulled over a 1984 Dodge truck driven by a man police believe to be Durham on a coastal highway. A dashboard camera video hasn't been released, but at some point during the encounter, Dodds, 45, was shot more than once.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/suspect-who-fled-into-816066.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #616 on: February 02, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »

wasn't it posted on here that they have cell phone records?

I wonder when the ranchers called in the tips?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #617 on: February 02, 2011, 06:05:49 PM »

There was no mention of Kyron though in either reported witness sighting, one said a woman with long hair, (let me guess, it was red, lol) she got out of her truck the other said a woman was sitting in the truck. Could they have been asked to not say? Although I would think if there was a person who placed Terri and Kyron outside of school that morning then she would have been arrested. In the video he says he saw the truck they spoke about and doesn't think it is it, that he thinks he knows who owns it as he has seen it around. so hmmm, maybe they feel that would lead to reasonable doubt? So was it or was it not Terri? If so what was she doing there and was Kyron with her? Seems to be the same questions as always. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: February 02, 2011, 06:25:42 PM »

There was no mention of Kyron though in either reported witness sighting, one said a woman with long hair, (let me guess, it was red, lol) she got out of her truck the other said a woman was sitting in the truck. Could they have been asked to not say? Although I would think if there was a person who placed Terri and Kyron outside of school that morning then she would have been arrested. In the video he says he saw the truck they spoke about and doesn't think it is it, that he thinks he knows who owns it as he has seen it around. so hmmm, maybe they feel that would lead to reasonable doubt? So was it or was it not Terri? If so what was she doing there and was Kyron with her? Seems to be the same questions as always. 

Friday, June 4th - Terri Sighting?

Complete coverage of the Kyron Horman investigation
Published: 6/04/2010 8:18 pm
Last Update: 10/04/2010 6:53 am

<snipped>

Also Sunday, a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman.

“I didn't really think anything of it, obviously at that time there was no reason to.”

<snipped>

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

Friday, June 4th - Terri Sighting?

Kyron searchers comb Dixie Mountain locations
Story Published: Jan 31, 2011 at 8:24 AM PST
Story Updated: Jan 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM PST

<snipped>

At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.

<snipped>

Saturday, June 5th - Kyron Sighting?

Sighting Prompts Truck Driver To Call Tip Line
POSTED: 5:56 pm PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm PDT June 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

He said he saw a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

Vaughan said he received a call back from an FBI agent Monday morning.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: February 02, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete #618.  I messed up with highlighting.

Thanks

Janet

Got it Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:29:40 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.