<< < (132/197) > >>

Puzzler:
Quote from: Kokos Cat on February 02, 2011, 08:38:50 PM

Quote from: Tamikosmom on February 02, 2011, 06:25:42 PM

Saturday, June 5th - Kyron Sighting?

Sighting Prompts Truck Driver To Call Tip Line
POSTED: 5:56 pm PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm PDT June 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

He said he saw a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

Vaughan said he received a call back from an FBI agent Monday morning.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

::MonkeyEek::

Wow!

::MonkeyJnBox::
Thanks for posting this!  I had heard this story, but have never, in all these months, seen a link or any written reference to it!  Any thoughts, Monkeys?!?
 ::MonkeyKiss::

I have a thought, this was when Kyron first went missing, yet it took the FBI a day and a half to make a call-back.

Tracygirl:
Quote from: Puzzler on February 03, 2011, 02:28:52 AM

Quote from: Kokos Cat on February 02, 2011, 08:38:50 PM

Quote from: Tamikosmom on February 02, 2011, 06:25:42 PM

Saturday, June 5th - Kyron Sighting?

Sighting Prompts Truck Driver To Call Tip Line
POSTED: 5:56 pm PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm PDT June 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

He said he saw a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

Vaughan said he received a call back from an FBI agent Monday morning.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

::MonkeyEek::

Wow!

::MonkeyJnBox::
Thanks for posting this!  I had heard this story, but have never, in all these months, seen a link or any written reference to it!  Any thoughts, Monkeys?!?
 ::MonkeyKiss::

I have a thought, this was when Kyron first went missing, yet it took the FBI a day and a half to make a call-back.

This to me is an interesting tip. I have been on Google maps and on the street view function, it is amazingly rural, I mean it is the rural of all rural area's. The little roads I mentioned? Well they are little pathways off the main hwy. I cant take my little google man down the paths even. I don't know if they are private roads or what. So is this the area the man was speaking of? I am in the right area, west Washington County. The only thing I see around there is a little wine place, but other then that it is all trees.

I can't imagine a person driving down the roads unless they are heading some place. Perhaps there is a house down there that I can't see? Or perhaps the truck was lost and only wanted to turn around? I don't know it is a strange place for a Kyron sighting the day after he was missing.

Kokos Cat:
Hmmm.... wish someone could give us a map, linked to those streets you mentioned, TG.  Sunset Hwy 26 is one of the main ways to get the the Oregon coast from Portland.  It's about a 2 hour drive, I think.  And, you go through a mountain range.  There are houses and rural small towns dotted along the way.  And, yes, lots of rivers coming out of the mountains.  Trees everywhere.... timber used to be one of the major industries in Oregon, so I'm sure many of those roads you are seeing are probably logging roads.  You can still see "clear cuts" of forest or areas where forest fires have scorched the hillsides on the way to the coast.  If you weren't headed to the coast, logging or one of the small towns or houses along the way.... It would be an ideal place to lose someone.  :(  In fact, there are lots of places like this in Oregon where people have gotten lost in their CARS by wondering off the main road.  It is still the wild west in places out here.
And, yes, off Highway 30 was where the latest search took place. 
What intrigues me is... that grey truck in the photo with Kyron.  And then, putting the grey truck from the film clip together with the alleged Kyron sighting just discussed... could they be one and the same vehicle?  Someone Kyron knew....
In that photo, he is all alone, looking out the back of the cab of the truck.  I get the impression he's watching someone, possibly play in the snow... while he waits inside the cab, alone.  Seemingly in his pajamas, no coat. 

In the photo... it really appears to be the parking lot outside of timberline lodge (going from my memory, this is how I picture Timberline)....

But going back to the day when the witness saw someone who looked like Kyron in a grey truck off Highway 26 (near Salmon Berry Road).... you say that was Saturday, June 5? 

Kokos Cat:
Highway 26 goes from Mt. Hood all the way to the coast, I think.  Hood to coast, is a popular summer marathon.

Anyway,  the sighting was probably the western end "Sunset" end of Highway 26 whereas the photo in the grey truck, above, is the eastern end of Highway 26, Mt. Hood.

From NW Portland to Mt. Hood.... is probably 2 hrs. 

What this is telling me is that whoever Kyron was traveling with in the grey truck, he was accustomed to taking long road trips with.  Or, at least on one other occasion (the trip to Mt. Hood), he had. 

What for it's worth..., JMO.

Tracygirl:
Yes it was the 5th that the man says a truck turned infront of him while driving on Hwy 26 through western washington county. The only salmon berry I can find out that way is off of 26 on a little path road called Wheeler and it divides and becomes Salmon berry.  It is just after Timber(something road) which looks like an actual type of road. My thought is he was turning around because he missed his turn? He was driving crazy because he cut off the man and turned infront of him causing him to hit his breaks. He says he could see the boy looking out the window at him and had a startled look on his face. Probably because the car was coming right at him. But yes, it was Saturday June 5th in the afternoon. Does he say the truck was grey or black? To me that sounds like a charcoal color maybe? I wish we can find out what happened with this lead, if they followed up on it.
Anyway, I will be back on tomorrow. I have an early day tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page