April 18, 2024, 11:26:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307098 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: February 03, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »

Thanks, Tamikosmom.   

However, this is not the incident I was thinking of.  (Unfortunately there are several wherein LE did not immediately respond.)

The witness sighting I am thinking of was never public knowledge (in that it wasn't covered by the press.)  It involved the island residents who witnessed the car chase between the truck (color varies I heard both grey and black) and the red mustang the morning of June 4.

The islanders reported the chase to authorities who took at least a day to get back to them (though if I remember right it was much longer than a day...perhaps even a week or longer).  When the FBI or LE finally did respond, I'm pretty sure they told the residents not to discuss it further.

I know this because I talked to the person who posted online that they were furious that LE had not responded to this.  I just can't find the post.  It's on the same forum, probably, that the car chase posting is, though, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your work.
 an angelic monkey

Kokos...I thought that incident was a "white" truck and red mustang...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: February 03, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »

puzzler-thank ouu for that explanation. very helpful and i think it did a good job of recapping the whole david durham thing. thank you for explainin it so concisely!
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #682 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »

I have never heard WHY they were searching that particular housing development (Bayshore) in Waldport for DAD.  Does anyone know the whole story?  I haven't heard it except for the SWAT teams being down in Waldport.

Strange cooincidences with DAD, even though I'm still not convinced it's anything more than that, a cooincidence:

1.  Apparently resided on Sauvie.

2.  Info posted by Sassi shows he had a resided on Mt. Hood.

3.  Man hunt for him at the coast in Bayshore Housing development, Waldport (a little town near Newport.)

Does anyone know the whole story with him?   I hate to even bring it up because my gut feeling tells me it's not right...

Thanks.

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: February 03, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »

I have never heard WHY they were searching that particular housing development (Bayshore) in Waldport for DAD.  Does anyone know the whole story?  I haven't heard it except for the SWAT teams being down in Waldport.

Strange cooincidences with DAD, even though I'm still not convinced it's anything more than that, a cooincidence:

1.  Apparently resided on Sauvie.

2.  Info posted by Sassi shows he had a resided on Mt. Hood.

3.  Man hunt for him at the coast in Bayshore Housing development, Waldport (a little town near Newport.)

Does anyone know the whole story with him?   I hate to even bring it up because my gut feeling tells me it's not right...

Thanks.

Isn't that the area where he has a vacation home and/or it was thought that he was staying at a friend's vacation home?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »

FBI WANTED POSTER:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/alert/david-anthony-durham/

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #685 on: February 03, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »

I'm hoping someone can put up a map... I can never seem to post Google maps!  I could get a better feel for it, if I could see it.

An interesting thing... when I talked to people who lived on the island who knew the witnesses on Sauvie Island who said that they had witnessed a car chase between a red mustang and a truck?  I heard different versions of the color of the truck... I heard grey or black.  (But these were 2nd or 3rd hand reports from someone who knew the witnesses)

And, Puzzler, those witnesses said LE never did not back to them in a timely fashion.... Here's the info about the witness sighting.  I will try to find the post where an islander says she is furious because LE never contacted the witnesses to the car chase:

<<Snip, snip...>>

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46&p=381#p381

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 am

We know for a fact that Kyron's step mom was on Sauvie Island. Not only the cell phone, but eye witness reports that she was out here driving very fast and crazy. There was also another vehicle with her. He drove off the road, due to the speed they were both driving. This was reported to the tip line from people who live on the island and seen this take place. It was the morning that Kyron went missing.

You guys are confusing us as to where to look. There are som many differant places in which you are all talking about..... Now we will wait and pray for someone to find him.

concernedmama   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 am

Oh I didn't hear that report...can you link us up?

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 am

Its not on a report. This is a small island. Most of the people have lived out here for years. We have a small knit community on the island. People out here try to pay attention to vehicles and people. We are a tourist trap at this time of year. We have issues with theft on the farms and all sorts on nonsense. We all try to watch out for each other. In other words, people pay attention when anything is not normal. We have our own neighborhood watch as one could say. It has been reported to the proper agency. This is why we feel they have spent so much time out here. There were eye witnesses who wrote down license plate numbers.

We also hope you are right and Kyron is NOT found on the island. We had another tradgedy on the same day Kyron dissapeared. A lot of the people out here are dealing with the loss of a very good friend. If the sherriffs dept. looked somewhere else, it would possibly let our hearts heal for our neighbor and friend.

laverda   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 am

Sadie you are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work. I think we are getting closer all the time, just a little longer.

Does anyone know if the LE are looking at this forum?

mamarho   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 am

amarareign, do you know which side of the island terri's truck was spotted?
i'm assuming the west side since that's where searchers were focused, but do you know for sure?

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 am

It was at the end of the island. Terri was not driving the truck. It was a red mustang.

Puzzler, BBM, in this account it's not clear what color the truck was.

And, I apologize for the confusion.... thinking back, I could be confusing THAT incident (on Sauvie, the morning of June 4) with the possible Kyron sighting in a grey truck off Highway 26 on Saturday morning.  Sorry! -- though.... if I remember correctly when I talked to the island resident she didn't know what color the truck was on Friday morning (she hadn't seen it, just knew the witnesses who had).  I asked her.  The only thing she had heard which specifically involved a WHITE truck on the island was the incident wherein a white truck backed up to the channel and dumped a tire into the water.

I was surprised, though, I remember when I talked to someone who had heard about the Kyron sighting and it was PROBABLY not a white truck, but grey or possibly even black!

I couldn't figure out how grey, white, black could all be confused!  I mean, it's black or white, right?

SHADES OF GRAY:

Well... this a.m., I'm noticing grey trucks all over the place (just like I used to see white trucks! LOL)  Anyway, unbelievable but this is what I noticed:

a dirty white vehicle can look grey.

Silver can look white.

White and silver, when dirty, can look be undefinable.  If they are really dirty they can be charcoal.

Oregon skies...normally grey.... confuse the issue further.   

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #686 on: February 03, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »

Ooo ooo oops!  forgot to post the link! 

Here it is, again.  Check out the last frame, please:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html?tab=video

Not sure but maybe belongs to Desiree and Tony?

I think it came from Terri's FB.

I have the original:

Bump.

In any case, before I get too sidetracked, I'd really like to know:

WHOSE TRUCK IS THIS?!?
It is definitely grey! 

Thanks. 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #687 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »

Oh! Wait!  Maybe it's bronze or gold!  Sheesh. Another thing I noticed.... bronze can look gray.   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #688 on: February 03, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »

puzzler-thank ouu for that explanation. very helpful and i think it did a good job of recapping the whole david durham thing. thank you for explainin it so concisely!
I wanted to thank you also, much appreciated.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #689 on: February 03, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »

Could the truck belong to Desiree and Tony?  Maybe parents of one of Kyron's friends or relatives?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »

Thanks, Tamikosmom.   

However, this is not the incident I was thinking of.  (Unfortunately there are several wherein LE did not immediately respond.)

The witness sighting I am thinking of was never public knowledge (in that it wasn't covered by the press.)  It involved the island residents who witnessed the car chase between the truck (color varies I heard both grey and black) and the red mustang the morning of June 4.

The islanders reported the chase to authorities who took at least a day to get back to them (though if I remember right it was much longer than a day...perhaps even a week or longer).  When the FBI or LE finally did respond, I'm pretty sure they told the residents not to discuss it further.

I know this because I talked to the person who posted online that they were furious that LE had not responded to this.  I just can't find the post.  It's on the same forum, probably, that the car chase posting is, though, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your work.
 an angelic monkey

Kokos -

Here are some SM links about the subject that you might want to look at and see if you find what you're looking for:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8694.760;wap2
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8547.575;wap2
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8311.760;wap2

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »

Thanks, Tamikosmom.   

Thanks for your work.
 an angelic monkey

Kokos -

Here are some SM links about the subject that you might want to look at and see if you find what you're looking for:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8694.760;wap2
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8547.575;wap2
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8311.760;wap2

Kokos,

Also, try this link and poster "amamareign"  - several posts throughout the pages - this may be what your're referring to:

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2011, 01:01:42 PM »

I'm hoping someone can put up a map... I can never seem to post Google maps!  I could get a better feel for it, if I could see it.

An interesting thing... when I talked to people who lived on the island who knew the witnesses on Sauvie Island who said that they had witnessed a car chase between a red mustang and a truck?  I heard different versions of the color of the truck... I heard grey or black.  (But these were 2nd or 3rd hand reports from someone who knew the witnesses)

And, Puzzler, those witnesses said LE never did not back to them in a timely fashion.... Here's the info about the witness sighting.  I will try to find the post where an islander says she is furious because LE never contacted the witnesses to the car chase:

<<Snip, snip...>>

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 am

We know for a fact that Kyron's step mom was on Sauvie Island. Not only the cell phone, but eye witness reports that she was out here driving very fast and crazy. There was also another vehicle with her. He drove off the road, due to the speed they were both driving. This was reported to the tip line from people who live on the island and seen this take place. It was the morning that Kyron went missing.

You guys are confusing us as to where to look. There are som many differant places in which you are all talking about..... Now we will wait and pray for someone to find him.

concernedmama   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 am

Oh I didn't hear that report...can you link us up?

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 am

Its not on a report. This is a small island. Most of the people have lived out here for years. We have a small knit community on the island. People out here try to pay attention to vehicles and people. We are a tourist trap at this time of year. We have issues with theft on the farms and all sorts on nonsense. We all try to watch out for each other. In other words, people pay attention when anything is not normal. We have our own neighborhood watch as one could say. It has been reported to the proper agency. This is why we feel they have spent so much time out here. There were eye witnesses who wrote down license plate numbers.

We also hope you are right and Kyron is NOT found on the island. We had another tradgedy on the same day Kyron dissapeared. A lot of the people out here are dealing with the loss of a very good friend. If the sherriffs dept. looked somewhere else, it would possibly let our hearts heal for our neighbor and friend.

laverda   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 am

Sadie you are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work. I think we are getting closer all the time, just a little longer.

Does anyone know if the LE are looking at this forum?

mamarho   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 am

amarareign, do you know which side of the island terri's truck was spotted?
i'm assuming the west side since that's where searchers were focused, but do you know for sure?

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 am

It was at the end of the island. Terri was not driving the truck. It was a red mustang.

Puzzler, BBM, in this account it's not clear what color the truck was.

And, I apologize for the confusion.... thinking back, I could be confusing THAT incident (on Sauvie, the morning of June 4) with the possible Kyron sighting in a grey truck off Highway 26 on Saturday morning.  Sorry! -- though.... if I remember correctly when I talked to the island resident she didn't know what color the truck was on Friday morning (she hadn't seen it, just knew the witnesses who had).  I asked her.  The only thing she had heard which specifically involved a WHITE truck on the island was the incident wherein a white truck backed up to the channel and dumped a tire into the water.

I was surprised, though, I remember when I talked to someone who had heard about the Kyron sighting and it was PROBABLY not a white truck, but grey or possibly even black!

I couldn't figure out how grey, white, black could all be confused!  I mean, it's black or white, right?

SHADES OF GRAY:

Well... this a.m., I'm noticing grey trucks all over the place (just like I used to see white trucks! LOL)  Anyway, unbelievable but this is what I noticed:

a dirty white vehicle can look grey.

Silver can look white.

White and silver, when dirty, can look be undefinable.  If they are really dirty they can be charcoal.

Oregon skies...normally grey.... confuse the issue further.   

Kokos...sorry...I see you already found the "amamareign" posts and then I posted a link again.

I recall discussion that the truck was white and red mustang, which set off a discussion about whether the red mustang was in the Intel parking lot all morning, if there were cameras, covered or uncovered parking, etc.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »

I wanted to thank you also, much appreciated.

Sunshine/No Rose - YW

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #694 on: February 03, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »

OK, so *now* he is "known to possess survival skill"?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: February 03, 2011, 01:09:03 PM »

If a red mustang was observed by residence on the roads of Sauvie Island on the morning of Friday, June 4th ... the driver was not Terri.

Janet

++++++

The Red Mustang

Kaine Horman answers KATU's questions
Story Published: Jul 16, 2010 at 10:53 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM PDT

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #696 on: February 03, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

Thanks Puzzler!  I'll take a look at all those links tonight, after work.   

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #697 on: February 03, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »

If a red mustang was observed by residence on the roads of Sauvie Island on the morning of Friday, June 4th ... the driver was not Terri.

Janet

++++++

The Red Mustang

Kaine Horman answers KATU's questions
Story Published: Jul 16, 2010 at 10:53 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM PDT

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html

Yes.  I know.  Very interesting, eh?  Not what anyone necessarily wants to hear, though, so I've quit mentioning it.  Thanks for your research and for having the guts to point this out!  Smile

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: February 03, 2011, 01:19:51 PM »

I recall discussion that the truck was white and red mustang, which set off a discussion about whether the red mustang was in the Intel parking lot all morning, if there were cameras, covered or uncovered parking, etc.

Kyron's Parents Field Questions By E-mail
POSTED: 9:56 pm PDT July 5, 2010
UPDATED: 6:26 am PDT July 6, 2010

<snipped>

A: KAINE – I was in the office that day until about 1:45 and arrived back home a little after 2pm. Terri was already in the house, on her laptop, when I arrived. I kissed Kiara, grabbed some food, and worked from my home office until about 3:30 at which time I put shoes on Kiara and we started walking down toward the bus stop.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html

Parents of missing boy Kyron Horman voice fading hope
Story Published: Jun 26, 2010

<snipped>

Kaine Horman said the last time he saw his son was [b before[/b] his wife took Kyron to school that morning. The boy was in the yard feeding the cat.

Harmon said he gave the boy a hug and told him to "have a great day with his science project," on the red-eyed tree frog, and that "I was proud of him for all the effort" he put into it.

<snipped>

http://www.kval.com/news/97225889.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kHi-hV12j74J:chathousecares.amplify.com/2010/08/03/kyron-horman-update-one-tipster%E2%80%99s-startling-suspicions-and-frustration/+blogs+wweek+%E2%80%A6one+tipsters+startling+suspicions+frustration+comment+page&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

I have never read this blog posting before. It is about a sighting a man had on Wed the 9th. It is the tip about seeing a young boy go into the woods with some adults and a bit later a gun shot was heard. Not sure about this tip, I just found it interesting this is most likely where this story originated from

Investigators in the case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman say they’ve sorted through more than 3,500 tips in the nearly two-month investigation.

Here’s an example of one such tip, forwarded today to WW by former Sheriff’s Capt. Bruce McCain. McCain says he’s brought the tip to investigators’ attention and is told they are finally following up on it.

Here’s the main portion of an email McCain sent:

This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9–the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a “cranberry” color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two–with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.

DeWitt continued into town where he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions to his destination, which I think was a grain elevator for seed. While out of his vehicle, DeWitt said he heard what sounded like a single gun shot coming from the general vicinity of where he saw the three adults and boy. DeWitt then said he later pulled into a rest area on 99W to use the rest room. As he was heading back onto the road, he was behind a slow moving motor home that was pulling onto the highway.  DeWitt said he then saw the pickup again speeding with the sedan behind it about to collide with the motor home. He said the truck slammed on its brakes and barely stopped short of colliding with the motor home, but the sedan skidded and collided with the rear of the white pickup. DeWitt said it was not a major crash, but the sedan might have some slight front end damage and the pickup might show signs of a “paint swap” in the rear.

DeWitt said he does not watch much television and did not put all of these pieces together until he started following the Kyron story on the news. He said he has called the tip line three times, but with no answer. He also said he reported the incident to a “Eugene Deputy” (not sure if Eugene PD or Lane County Sheriff) shortly thereafter, but before he realized the possible significance of what he saw. I asked him what he wanted me to do with this information and he just wants a “real person” to go check the area – which he says he has since revisited. I told him that’s not a good idea since it might be a crime scene.

I had to leave for another appointment but I called him back around 12:45 while on the road. I asked him if he knew I was an attorney and he said No, he only saw me described as a retired MCSO Captain. I wanted to verify he was not seeking legal advice or representation and we agreed there never was any lawyer-client relationship established. I told him I would pass his story on to someone I knew “high up” in the investigation. But I also told him that one reason why he might not have received a call back is that investigators knew where Terri and the pickup were around 12 noon on Wednesday, June 9.

Read more at blogs.wweek.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.