April 24, 2024, 01:01:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307246 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: February 04, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »

Klaas: Maybe you should cut him off at the pass! 

Too funny!   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: February 04, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »

I believe he's headed down to Mexico

Aw, geesh, I bet  you're right.  You said that the other day and I thought that "if" he makes it out of the state alive, that's where he'd head too. 

Man-oh-man, I hope California LE stops him. 

Maybe Piper Plumbing reported a stolen van. 

He needs to be found.  Mainly because he shot a policeman.  Secondly, because there's lots of questions around him.  Thirdly, I'd love to know what he did that ate on his conscious so badly and was against the law to the point that he knew he was going to get arrested and he spent a month letting family/friends know he was going to be arrested.  His brother said he was a friendly guy, made friends easily and I think he was trying to let them all know so that when it happened, they wouldn't be so shocked.  Durham knows more than anyone else, that he was about to loose control of his life.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: February 04, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »

the more pics out the better,this guy is,or has become very dangerous,i just cant fig
why shoot an LE, over some guns in the car,or is there more to it

Authorities release new images of Lincoln City cop shooting suspect
Published: 2/03 11:42 am
Last Update: 2/03 11:52 am 

This photo was taken at a Seaside convenience store the day before the shooting.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/Photo.aspx?content_id=4fb463c4-d646-44a0-9276-7233cf6b22a0
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/Authorities-release-new-images-of-Lincoln-City/xGO0T0bWoESSdnIzz2sioA.cspx

Why?  because he is mentally ill.  Think of the mother in Florida who just shot her 2 teens foir being mouthy.

And the recent shooting in Arizona.  It makes sense to them

IMO there's more to it.  He wasn't mentally ill earlier last year.  I haven't read anywhere that he has a "history" of mental illness.  All this came about, according to friends and family, mid-year and forward....it was progressive..IMO, something was eating his conscious up.  He seemed to have love from his family - 2 brothers, 1 sister and a mother, and his brother said he always had a lot of friends.  Only lately was there a problem.

I don't understand why the family didn't try to get him some help...or was it just that he likes to drink beer or use marijuana and that those things don't mix well with pain meds? 

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #803 on: February 04, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »

He did have the same job for many years which seems to be a good sign for someone who is OK.

He broke up with his GF when?  I forget? 

And why did they break up? 

He thought that aliens were out there.  That is weird.  Maybe he used some other kinds of illegal substances and he finally cracked.

There have been many people in the news over the years who shoot at policeman.  That doesn't surprise me at all. 

I have seen people go over the edge after using illegal drugs. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: February 04, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »

the more pics out the better,this guy is,or has become very dangerous,i just cant fig

This photo was taken at a Seaside convenience store the day before the shooting.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/Photo.aspx?content_id=4fb463c4-d646-44a0-9276-7233cf6b22a0
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/Authorities-release-new-images-of-Lincoln-City/xGO0T0bWoESSdnIzz2sioA.cspx

Why?  because he is mentally ill.  Think of the mother in Florida who just shot her 2 teens foir being mouthy.

IMO there's more to it.  He wasn't mentally ill earlier last year.  I haven't read anywhere that he has a "history" of mental illness.  All this came about, according to friends and family, mid-year and forward....it was progressive..IMO, something was eating his conscious up.  He seemed to have love from his family - 2 brothers, 1 sister and a mother, and his brother said he always had a lot of friends.  Only lately was there a problem.

I don't understand why the family didn't try to get him some help...or was it just that he likes to drink beer or use marijuana and that those things don't mix well with pain meds? 

I wonder when they figured out the pain killers were making him act paranoid? Was it before or after he shot at people. If it was before, then why didn't they get him help.

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: February 04, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

I wonder when they figured out the pain killers were making him act paranoid? Was it before or after he shot at people. If it was before, then why didn't they get him help.

IIRC, he has been particularly  notably agitated for 2 weeks previous to the cop-shooting which is the time at which he and his girlfriend broke up.  Apparently according to at least one account the separation was amicable and were supposed to be still friends.  It is notable that he was said to have been at a party with his "girlfriend" but left her there, alone, the same night of the cop shooting; I wonder if this is the same girl? 

Also, that 2 weeks previous is when his work noticed his agitation as well.  However, his family had noted increasing agitation and mental issues since the injury.  I think, but can't exactly recall, that the discussion of the alien movie was over 2 weeks previous.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: February 04, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »

You know, from what I gathered it was very much before this incident.  I remember reading that he had an increased paranoia about the police, perhaps that they were out to get him him.  But hindsite is always 20/20.  I suspect that the family noticed the changes in a guy that seems to already have been an eccentric in his own little world - but a harmless eccentric.  Or seemingly so.  When you're around someone who is mentally ill, and you love them, and they're your family, your mind (and heart) never really want to accept that they could be harmful to themselves or others, particularly if normally they're gentle people.  So I bet we will find out that this was the case in his case.

I bet they're going to feel absolutely horrible about it all, and my prayers go out to them for the lack of foresight.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: February 04, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »

HLN special Nancy Grace about Kyron on right now.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:28 PM »

Thanks!  I can't watch so let us know if anything of interest.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: February 04, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

Thanks!  I can't watch so let us know if anything of interest.

Will do, but you know NG, chances are there won't be anything we don't already know.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:05 PM »

Yikes, this CW Jensen doesn't even know that his coat and backpack were there.  Then states that everyone thinks Kyron left with Terri......ugh....obviously has not been following this case closely.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: February 04, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »

They have been showing some search clips on this show.  Wow, the terrain is extremely difficult on Sauvie Island.  Much worse than I thought.

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: February 04, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »

They have been showing some search clips on this show.  Wow, the terrain is extremely difficult on Sauvie Island.  Much worse than I thought.

Akmom, I looked up Sauvie Island on google images once.  Warning - do that, and you get some pretty gnarly pictures concerning the legal nudie beach.  <<< faint! >>>  But aside from those, there were lots of pictures of the terrain and basic nothingness out there.

I have to admit, it depressed me.  I thought "HOW can they find a little boy in that big area of - nothing."  I got through about 2 pages and then had to stop.
It does look daunting. I  can't imagine how it must be in the winter on top of that!  I'm glad you brought up the terrain because I didn't used to realize it, and I bet others don't either.  But it's important.  If it ends up being the place chosen..... for the unmentionable.... then I can see why.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: February 04, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »

Yes, it looks like Sauvie has some really steep ravines, somehow, I thought is was more park like.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: February 04, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »

Tracygirl - in SoCal when it drizzles a little it's "breaking news"

Yeah if anything is going on LE has made sure that the media is keeping a tight lid on it. 

That is because people here do not know how to drive in a drizzle or rain..lol...all the oil accumulation from no rain on the freeway really makes it slippery. Lots of boom-booms.

Add to that the fact that LE on the case is remaining tight lipped and if they keep things that way for the sake of the case then I am all for it if they have a good plan.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: February 04, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »

Nothing else of significance on the NG show.  I am really not a fan, but I do appreciate this special show on the missing.  Tomorrow she will be concentrating on Britanee Drexel.  There were also some little blurbs on people who have been missing quite a few years.  According to NG about 2300 people a day go missing.  I hope some of these shows do some good.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: February 04, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »

Nothing else of significance on the NG show.  I am really not a fan, but I do appreciate this special show on the missing.  Tomorrow she will be concentrating on Britanee Drexel.  There were also some little blurbs on people who have been missing quite a few years.  According to NG about 2300 people a day go missing.  I hope some of these shows do some good.

Thanks Akmom - there were some recent searches in the Brittany Drexel case but they didn't find anything.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: February 04, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I am reading backwards on the thread. Maybe some of his guns were not registered. Maybe he had been drinking at the party and did not want a dui. Add to that his paranoia and increased mental illness and you get a dangerous and volatile individual.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »

My opinion and from personal experience of a family I knew growing up. Often a family does not want to admit their family member has a serious problem. Unfortunately it is too late, after the guy blows his parents brains all over the walls. Even if the guy shows paranoia and thinks people are after him, hiding in bushes etc. and it is reported to the family.

I do not know if DAD is associated with a missing Kyron or not but I do know people can change and snap, for a reason or a combination of reasons.

tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #819 on: February 05, 2011, 03:55:16 AM »

I finally decided to talk to my brother who is a State Trooper in Oregon about the case to see if he would say anything. The only thing he said was they have been searching Sauvie Island and continue to go there because they have "good reason too".

Just wanted to remind you of my post last month just in case it gives anyone a little hope that this is far from cold or over.... NG talked about the searches tonight. There are more searches coming and they are very pin pointed.  Double edge sword if they find something, but they have good reason to believe they will. Just looking at him again makes me cry. I am going in to cuddle my 6 year old now. Good- night
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.