April 25, 2024, 04:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307285 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #880 on: February 06, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: February 06, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »

Just a thought I had last night, what if this guy, DAD, was going crazy ( paranoid ) and all the LE and all the searches for Kyron on Sauvie drove him over the edge ? He seemed like he was an odd duck for a long time. 

Good point Kat.  Even if he had nothing to do with Kyron just the Sauvie searches could have sent him over the edge.

That was my point...that the 'escalating' paranoia could have been due to all the searches on SI in October and November.
Although, from what we've heard, there's nothing to indicate that he was having troubles for a long time...I've heard nothing about a "history" of mental illness...just that he started taking pain tabs in June and after that he started having prolbems.  IMO, it took more than pain tabs to create his problems.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: February 06, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »

This photo is from Terri's June 2010 album.  It was taken when they were bowling a few days before Kyron went missing.  The photos were uploaded to facebook on June 1, 2010.  Terri appears to be taking the photos.  I see fear on Kyron's face in this photo 

I think this is a darling family photo.  Kyron to me, though, looks like Terri called his name to look at the camera and he looks us sort of like "huh?" because he's focused on holding that heavy bowling ball.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: February 06, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »

Michale is an AMAZING photographer!!!!

I think he says that his father died at age 10.  So maybe his brother had unresolved grief issues from then.

I  agree that Michael is an amazing photographer, and I think his writings are also interesting.  You can tell that he is a deep thinker and uses a lot of logic when he writes.

Here is the link where he talks about his father dying when he was 10
http://unreasonablefaith.com/forum/topic/the-manson-family-the-worst-of-them-are-born-again

This link tells a little more about his life
http://unreasonablefaith.com/forum/topic/more-proof-that-prayer-doesnt-work

"I find great comfort in my relationship with my family, and I know that I can depend upon my wife, my brothers, or my friends when the chips are down."

Apparently, Michael is not David's only brother.

I think he may also have a brother named Walter. The Durham family must be going through so much. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around ANYONE being willing to help kill a child. I still cannot help but wonder if Terri convinced one or two others that Kyron was hurt in some sort of "accident" and needed help in disposing of the evidence. I know that there are evil people out there, but it just seems so unlikely (to me anyways) that Terri was able to hook-up with one or two of them that would be willing to kill this innocent child. I personally think she sucked in participants with one of her lies. JMO
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #884 on: February 06, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »

Michale is an AMAZING photographer!!!!

I think he says that his father died at age 10.  So maybe his brother had unresolved grief issues from then.

I  agree that Michael is an amazing photographer, and I think his writings are also interesting.  You can tell that he is a deep thinker and uses a lot of logic when he writes.

Here is the link where he talks about his father dying when he was 10
http://unreasonablefaith.com/forum/topic/the-manson-family-the-worst-of-them-are-born-again

This link tells a little more about his life
http://unreasonablefaith.com/forum/topic/more-proof-that-prayer-doesnt-work

"I find great comfort in my relationship with my family, and I know that I can depend upon my wife, my brothers, or my friends when the chips are down."

Apparently, Michael is not David's only brother.

I think he may also have a brother named Walter. The Durham family must be going through so much. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around ANYONE being willing to help kill a child. I still cannot help but wonder if Terri convinced one or two others that Kyron was hurt in some sort of "accident" and needed help in disposing of the evidence. I know that there are evil people out there, but it just seems so unlikely (to me anyways) that Terri was able to hook-up with one or two of them that would be willing to kill this innocent child. I personally think she sucked in participants with one of her lies. JMO

A brother called "Willy" - could also be a nickname for William.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: February 06, 2011, 01:27:09 PM »

Hi Puzzler,
When I did a white pages search of DAD, it came up that he had a relative named Walter. I thought it might be the father, but he has been deceased for many many years. Who knows, maybe a uncle?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #886 on: February 06, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »

Just a thought I had last night, what if this guy, DAD, was going crazy ( paranoid ) and all the LE and all the searches for Kyron on Sauvie drove him over the edge ? He seemed like he was an odd duck for a long time. 

Good point Kat.  Even if he had nothing to do with Kyron just the Sauvie searches could have sent him over the edge.

That was my point...that the 'escalating' paranoia could have been due to all the searches on SI in October and November.
Although, from what we've heard, there's nothing to indicate that he was having troubles for a long time...I've heard nothing about a "history" of mental illness...just that he started taking pain tabs in June and after that he started having prolbems.  IMO, it took more than pain tabs to create his problems.

I agree with that, it took more then pain pills to all of a sudden have his world go upside down. We may not of heard anything about a history of mental illness, but I will bet he had mental illness issues for a long time. Sometimes a person can masquerade the illness, and then there can be a point where the person goes deeper down in the black hole of depression, paranoia, OCD, etc, and you can get this kind of result, like shooting a policeman, suicide, and many other things that can come from it. I pray they catch this man soon, before another shooting happens.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: February 06, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »

I agree with that, it took more then pain pills to all of a sudden have his world go upside down. We may not of heard anything about a history of mental illness, but I will bet he had mental illness issues for a long time. Sometimes a person can masquerade the illness, and then there can be a point where the person goes deeper down in the black hole of depression, paranoia, OCD, etc, and you can get this kind of result, like shooting a policeman, suicide, and many other things that can come from it. I pray they catch this man soon, before another shooting happens.

I agree with you Norose. Maybe I watch too much "Criminal Minds" but I have also heard of people having "psychotic breaks". Maybe that happened to DAD.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: February 06, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychotic_break
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: February 06, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »

How do we know the shoulder injury and pain meds are the truth? How do we know the brother saying that was not a way to cover up a real problem? Michael may feel it is nobody's business at this point if his brother has a mental disorder, we don't know. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: February 06, 2011, 02:33:41 PM »

This photo is from Terri's June 2010 album.  It was taken when they were bowling a few days before Kyron went missing.  The photos were uploaded to facebook on June 1, 2010.  Terri appears to be taking the photos.  I see fear on Kyron's face in this photo 

I think this is a darling family photo.  Kyron to me, though, looks like Terri called his name to look at the camera and he looks us sort of like "huh?" because he's focused on holding that heavy bowling ball.

I agree with you Puzzler, I see a kid that looked up in surprise. I mean Kaine is right there, Kyrons friend was there that night. From the other pics it looks like everyone was having a fun time. I think this sort of thing is some what subjective.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #891 on: February 06, 2011, 02:50:31 PM »

Sass
I found something you may find interesting so I thought I would pass it off to you. I was reading through the blog pics that Michael Durham has up. I found something about SalmonBerry. Remember I think we both asked why would someone go down in that rugged looking area? There is a river down there that salmon run through. Here is a bit of what he says. So including getting a chance to look at some awesome pics, I got a bit of information about the area up there. IT was like a bonus. BTW, I don't recall where I read it, but he did mention that he spent a lot of time as a child in San Jaun. Could be this is the area DAD wanted to go back to. To me it makes sense he would want to go back to a place of fond memories as a child.

Anyway, these posts gives an idea of what is in that area.
April 20th 2010 post:
"My recent trip to the salmonberry was no exception. It was a long journey through the coast range of Oregon (made longer by making a wrong turn in a maze of logging roads) followed by a hike through rough terrain, and then an awkward climb down a steep slope into the canyon where the waterfall is located."

Then on April 21st there is another mention of this area

"Salmonberry River
I may not have nailed any good still images of the salmon jumping the falls on the Salmonberry River, but I did catch some brief video (very brief)"

The video is very cool. I have to admit, I am enjoying his site very much. I love nature and don't get a lot of it here in my area.

http://oregonwild.blogspot.com/2010/04/salmonberry-river.html
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: February 06, 2011, 02:58:39 PM »

FWIW - my sister had a pancreatitis attack several months ago.  She was given a small dose of Ativan a couple of times a day.  She went into a psychotic state and they didn't know why.  Extreme agitation, talking to invisible people, complete loss of perception as to everything. She was sent home after the the pancreatitis was under control, but ended up back in the hospital as the effects of the Ativan continued to wear on her, causing extreme insomnia and behavior quite unlike her.   
It took them several weeks to tie the psychosis to the Ativan and wean her off of it.  The psychosis then reversed.  Ativan is a commonly used medicine & that's a rare side effect, but it does happen, as I saw first-hand. 
Vicodin and similar pain meds also have the potential for that same rare side effect of toxic psychosis.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: February 06, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »

I don't believe the Salmonberry River is anywhere near the Salmonberry road the witness mentioned seeing the white truck.   Coincidence in that MD talks about Oregon and this case is in Oregon. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: February 06, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »

Here is mention of Shaw Island in san juan. Thought I would back up what I read.
 http://oregonwild.blogspot.com/2010/04/skipping-rocks.html

April 18, 2010
Skipping Rocks
I have been teaching my daughter how to skip rocks at Tryon Creek. The location is not ideal, but there are  lots fabulous flat rocks to skip across the water. I spent hours of my youth perfecting my technique - mostly in the calm bays off of Shaw Island in the San Juans. Practice makes perfect, and these days I can usually skip a single stone seven or eight times.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: February 06, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »

I don't believe the Salmonberry River is anywhere near the Salmonberry road the witness mentioned seeing the white truck.   Coincidence in that MD talks about Oregon and this case is in Oregon. 

Actually the road at one point is called SalmonBerry River.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: February 06, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Actually the road at one point is called SalmonBerry River.

Opps hit post too soon. I was just passing information off to Sass who brought up the area and posted about it. We both asked why would someone want to go down there, well perhaps to see the river. Could explain why a truck would turn down that road leading to what seemed to be nowhere. Doesn't mean it has anything to do with Kyron or not. I don't know if that tip was real or not. 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: February 06, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »

If he's to be believed, the brother, Michael, said that David always had a lot of good friends that he liked to hang out with, never had any problem making friends...tends to make me think there wasn't a history of "noticable" mental problems.  We talk about mental illness recently...but is that an illness in his mind in-and-of-itself OR is it an illness that's brought on by use of pain meds, drinking beer with his buddies and using marijuana (a bad mix with pain meds).  To me...there's a difference in a medical problem and an induced illness due to using drugs that shouldn't be used together. 

Plus, Durham obviously has something stressful going on in his life that was working on his conscious...everything started (according to family and friends) around mid-June.  That's pretty specific information from family and friends.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: February 06, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »

Per Google maps this is what I get on the area. Directions from Roadside Diner (just a landmark) on Hwy 26 to the area called SalmonBerry River. I suppose there could be more then one SalmonBerry River, since I am not familiar with Oregon, I cannot say for sure.

Route 26 Roadside Diner
47700 NW sunset Hwy 26Manning, OR 97106
(503) 324-2626  

1. Head northwest on OR-47 N/US-26 W/Nehalem Hwy/NW Sunset Hwy toward NW Mrosik Rd
Continue to follow US-26 W/NW Sunset Hwy  
  15.6 mi  
 2. Turn left  
  0.3 mi  
 3. Turn left toward Wheeler Rd  
  0.9 mi  
 4. Continue straight onto Wheeler Rd  
  0.7 mi  
 5. Slight right to stay on Wheeler Rd  
  0.5 mi  
 6. Continue onto Wheeler Cutoff Rd  
  0.8 mi  
 7. Turn left to stay on Wheeler Cutoff Rd  
  0.8 mi  
 8. Take the 1st left onto Wheeler Pond Rd  
  190 ft  
 9. Keep right at the fork  
  4.8 mi  
 10. Sharp right at N Fork Salmonberry Rd  
  0.6 mi  

Salmonberry River  

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:34:10 PM by klaasend » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: February 06, 2011, 03:33:20 PM »

Mods it should read, Since I am not familiar with Oregon....
Would you mind please changing that for me? Thanks

Fixed
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:34:25 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.