April 17, 2024, 06:04:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307076 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: February 06, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »

Brandi - TY - terrific shots.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: February 06, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »

Brandi - TY - terrific shots.

Welcome!

I think he was younger at the wedding in Hawaii:

But I have been known to be wrong. LOL

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #922 on: February 06, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »

I have not been to the islands for 10 years, but I am sure that a stranger would stick out like a sore thumb at this time of year.  (the San Juan's)

Unless he would have insider information, he would not know what homes were uninhabited.  He would also need a car to get around.

There are many smaller Islands easily accessible by boat...one would not need car and if luck held...the possibilities are endless...
Not saying this is what happened, but not outside the realm of possibilities.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #923 on: February 06, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »

chilly at this time of year and people are  watching other people's properties, I am sure.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: February 06, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

chilly at this time of year and people are  watching other people's properties, I am sure.

Yes, chilly, but not freezing. There are many otherwise uninhabited or very sparse population...no neighbors there to see. I remember Center Island could be approaced on several sides by boat and was very wooded...lots of cover,. Someone who was used to camping or more extreme "survivalist" skills...who knows?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Juan_Islands

This list includes only those islands that are part of the San Juans as defined by the USGS—bounded by the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Haro Strait, Rosario Strait, Boundary Pass, and the Strait of Georgia.[1]

* Aleegria Island
    * Allan Island
    * Anderson Island
    * Armitage Island
    * Barnes Island
    * Barren Island
    * Battleship Island
    * Bell Island
    * Blakely Island
    * Blind Island
    * Boulder Island
    * Brown Island
    * Buck Island
    * Burrows Island
    * Cactus Islands
    * Canoe Island
    * Castle Island
    * Cemetery Island
    * Center Island
    * Charles Island
    * Clark Island
    * Cliff Island
    * Colville Island
    * Coon Island
    * Crab Island
    * Crane Island
    * Deadman Island
    * Decatur Island
    * Dinner Island
    * Doe Island
    * Double Island
    * Ewing Island
    * Fawn Island

* Flattop Island
    * Flower Island
    * Fortress Island
    * Freeman Island
    * Frost Island
    * Goose Island
    * Gossip Island
    * Guss Island
    * Hall Island
    * Hat Island
    * Henry Island
    * Iceberg Island
    * James Island
    * Johns Island
    * Jones Island
    * Justice Island
    * Little Island
    * Little Patos Island
    * Little Sister Island
    * Lone Tree Island
    * Long Island
    * Lopez Island
    * Low Island
    * Matia Island
    * Mcconnell Island
    * Minor Island
    * Nob Island (North America)
    * North Finger Island
    * Obstruction Island
    * O'Neal Island
    * Orcas Island
    * Patos Island
    * Pearl Island
    * Pearl Island

* Pointer Island
    * Pole Island
    * Posey Island
    * Puffin Island
    * Ram Island
    * Reef Island
    * Rim Island
    * Ripple Island
    * Rum Island
    * San Juan Island
    * Satellite Island
    * Sentinel Island
    * Shaw Island
    * Sheep Island
    * Skull Island
    * Small Island
    * Smith Island
    * South Finger Island
    * Spieden Island
    * Stuart Island
    * Sucia Island
    * Swirl Island
    * Towhead Island
    * Trump Island
    * Turn Island
    * Victim Island
    * Waldron Island
    * Wasp Islands
    * Willow Island
    * Yellow Island

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #925 on: February 06, 2011, 07:43:59 PM »

How would he get to those other islands?  He would have to rent a boat or get someone to bring him.  I don't think it's that easy in the winter.

from Nana's wiki link above

The San Juan Islands get less rainfall than Seattle, about 65 miles (105 km) to the south, due to the rain shadow of Olympic Mountains to the southwest. Summertime high temperatures are around 70 °F (21 °C) while average wintertime lows are in the high thirties and low forties. Snow is infrequent in winter except for the higher elevations, but the islands are subject to high winds at times—those from the northeast sometimes bring brief periods of freezing and Arctic-like windchills.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: February 06, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »

How would he get to those other islands?  He would have to rent a boat or get someone to bring him.  I don't think it's that easy in the winter.

The San Juan Islands get less rainfall than Seattle, about 65 miles (105 km) to the south, due to the rain shadow of Olympic Mountains to the southwest. Summertime high temperatures are around 70 °F (21 °C) while average wintertime lows are in the high thirties and low forties. Snow is infrequent in winter except for the higher elevations, but the islands are subject to high winds at times—those from the northeast sometimes bring brief periods of freezing and Arctic-like windchills.

I do not disagree, it would not be easy...just not impossible...boats can be stolen. It would be interesting to see the weather for the islands during the past days.

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: February 06, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »

thx klaas

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #928 on: February 06, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »

FWIW - my sister had a pancreatitis attack several months ago.  She was given a small dose of Ativan a couple of times a day.  She went into a psychotic state and they didn't know why.  Extreme agitation, talking to invisible people, complete loss of perception as to everything. She was sent home after the the pancreatitis was under control, but ended up back in the hospital as the effects of the Ativan continued to wear on her, causing extreme insomnia and behavior quite unlike her.   
It took them several weeks to tie the psychosis to the Ativan and wean her off of it.  The psychosis then reversed.  Ativan is a commonly used medicine & that's a rare side effect, but it does happen, as I saw first-hand. 
Vicodin and similar pain meds also have the potential for that same rare side effect of toxic psychosis.

Good point Buds girl
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: February 06, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »

How do we know the shoulder injury and pain meds are the truth? How do we know the brother saying that was not a way to cover up a real problem? Michael may feel it is nobody's business at this point if his brother has a mental disorder, we don't know. 

I feel more like you do on this.  I suspect there was never a shoulder injury, although it's possible there were pain meds (and an injury 'made up' to explain the pain meds).   Just MOO.

I'm going to have to say this about the interview with the brother that was posted yesterday, and I probably am going to get nanners for this, and I am not even sure I like the fact that I thought it - BUT - I find that there was an extreme amount of evasion when the reporter asked about the dog, and any attempts possibly made by DAD to contact family.  Now, I don't believe there is any guilt on the brother's part... but it made me really screech to a halt while watching the video.  The question is asked, then BAM the interview shuts down and the body language is strong.

I also thought it was odd that his brother referred to him completely in past-tense through most of the interview.

I mean nothing in implication by  bringing these things up, but did any one else go "Hey - wait - what was that?" when they saw the interview?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: February 06, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

All I'm saying is the Salmonberry River is towards the west COAST of Oregon and Salmonberry Rd is on the east side of Portland.  Salmonberry River and Salmonberry Road are nowhere near each other except that they are both in Oregon. 
The one area I was talking about is also referred to as SalmonBerry River, so who knows. I think it would be more in the middle and not in the east Portland area. It is in Washington County. It is off the sunset Hwy 26 in Timber.

There is the other SalmonBerry that Sass found but it was on the other side of the 30 I think. That I think would be east of Portland. The area I am talking about would be to the west of Portland. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #931 on: February 06, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »

The San Juan that he refers to are the San Juan islands by Washington state.  Shaw is one of the islands.  I imagine one of the more familiar islands is Orcas Island.

Certainly the wrong way if one is going to California.

That's correct.  San Juan and Shaw Island are at the northern border of Washington State near Canada.

Thank you, perhaps he tried to get there?
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »

(snippity snip snip snip)
Vicodin and similar pain meds also have the potential for that same rare side effect of toxic psychosis. 

I completely agree.  I had a boss who had the mental effects from codeine, aptly named codeine-mean.  He could snap in a heartbeat, and was a completely different person than he usually had been before the drugs.  I mean really REALLY scary, so bad that I actually started to tape our conversations on the phone (which unfortunately he heard the tape recorder start so that failed lol - I am not a very good ninja).

Anyway, my point being that very common pain relief medications can really affect some people very strongly.  As the brother didn't seem to know some things about his b rother (by his own admittance in the video), it's possible that he wasn't around DAD enough to see it, or that DAD wasn't triggered by his brother.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #933 on: February 06, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »

I have not been to the islands for 10 years, but I am sure that a stranger would stick out like a sore thumb at this time of year.  (the San Juan's)

Unless he would have insider information, he would not know what homes were uninhabited.  He would also need a car to get around.

There are many smaller Islands easily accessible by boat...one would not need car and if luck held...the possibilities are endless...
Not saying this is what happened, but not outside the realm of possibilities.

I don't know why the thought of the man taking a boat is such a wild thought. The ocean is right there. I find it even more interesting that the Shaw Islands are right there. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #934 on: February 06, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »

perhaps he had a boat? Or had one stashed or knew of one that was not being used. I don't think he necessarily needed to rent a boat.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: February 06, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

Tracygirl  - maybe I'm just confused.  Are you suggesting that Durham took a boat near Shaw Island?  I suppose anything is possible but Durham was traveling south and not north.  Shaw island is not only north, it is in Washington State almost in Canada.   There is no reason to think he was going that way and every reason to believe he was traveling south.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #936 on: February 06, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »

Shaw Island is the one that was the island that the nuns lived on.  Looks like they still are there.

What i know of these islands is that it appears that you have to be pretty rich to live there.  I think the cartoonist Gerry Trudeau lives on Orcas Island, or he did.

Someone out of place would be noticed.

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/sanjuan/Shaw/shaw_island.htm
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #937 on: February 06, 2011, 09:22:44 PM »

Here is even more info on Shaw Island.  It is 7 square miles. 

Not a place to go to hide.  That's for sure.  I am trying to see how far these islands are from shore.  Not that close.

A boat in the ocean at this time of year is just not a good idea.  NOt unless it is a really great boat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaw_Island

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #938 on: February 06, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »

I looked at this Real Estate site.  I got really excited because I saw a fabulous place for 28.5.  I was ready to move right now.

That was 28.5 million dollars.  Oh well.

http://www.orcasislandrealty.idxco.com/idx/5126/results.php?stp=basic&pt=sfr&showField=cityField&ba=0&srt=DESC&start=1&per=10
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: February 06, 2011, 11:51:27 PM »

Just so you know, I'm not pulling these things randomly. I believe there are 2 scenarios going on.

We have RS and his MFH plot, and when that failed, it went to another path. That path was when Kyron went poof. Who else went poof? Without a trail?

I was VERY sceptical in the beginning with the whole"SZ" and the posting of DAD in the beginning. But as I started to see Blinks replies and what the posters brought forward, it made sense. You and I both know that LE does NOT release certain details in a case.

I do think, IMO, that DS, TH, and DAD are involved in Kyron's disappearance. If I'm wrong, then I pray to God that the right perps are caught and Kyron is found. I don't think Blink is wrong.

Yeah, I know what you're going to say, "I was leaning towards the Holm/Villarreal family." They are still a possibility in my mind. Right now I have to go with my gut and what makes sense. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it humbly and move on.

If it is true TH attempted a MFH to have her husband killed then I would not put it past such a person like that to plan to have her husbands son killed as well, for whatever reason I do not know. A person who would hire someone to kill her husband is capable of anything...the way I see it. My opinion 

I also think LE must have taken the MFH plot very seriously to have told Kaine about it. Think of the risk they took, making that accusation. Maybe they were wrong...I do not know. Again, my opinion 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.