April 23, 2024, 07:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 307218 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »

Random thought...the guy who was on the VH1 dating show that killed his GF and put her in a suitcase then a dumpster after a poker tourney in Vegas, he was Canadian and didn't he jump on a boat to one of the islands mentioned and go to Canada or near there and stayed in a motel with help from someone and then commit suicide when tracked down and a warrant for murder?  Sounds easy to escape that way especially if you are a survivalist!
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: February 07, 2011, 09:01:32 AM »

I wonder if Dad ever did any landscaping at the Oregon Zoo?  I remembered last night there is also a little place at the zoo to learn about environmentally friendly landscaping.  I don't know how many people work (or volunteer) for that (in fact I think when we stopped there the guy was a professor who was volunteering, but I suppose there could be others that do it).
Again, it's just a thought, there isn't anything to base it on.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #942 on: February 07, 2011, 12:19:18 PM »

Tracygirl  - maybe I'm just confused.  Are you suggesting that Durham took a boat near Shaw Island?  I suppose anything is possible but Durham was traveling south and not north.  Shaw island is not only north, it is in Washington State almost in Canada.   There is no reason to think he was going that way and every reason to believe he was traveling south.

Personally I think it is possible he went in either direction.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: February 07, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »

I looked at this Real Estate site.  I got really excited because I saw a fabulous place for 28.5.  I was ready to move right now.

That was 28.5 million dollars.  Oh well.

http://www.orcasislandrealty.idxco.com/idx/5126/results.php?stp=basic&pt=sfr&showField=cityField&ba=0&srt=DESC&start=1&per=10

Hello Kitty I think you are considering all of this as a normal sane person would think it through. His behavior has indicated he is not making rational decisions. As someone pointed out, there are many islands out there. If you disagree that is ok, you don't have to agree with me.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #944 on: February 07, 2011, 12:28:03 PM »

I wonder if DAD ever did any landscaping at the Oregon Zoo?  I remembered last night there is also a little place at the zoo to learn about environmentally friendly landscaping.  I don't know how many people work (or volunteer) for that (in fact I think when we stopped there the guy was a professor who was volunteering, but I suppose there could be others that do it).
Again, it's just a thought, there isn't anything to base it on.

Self-edited to change "Dad" to "DAD", that last post was on my iPod and I have a hard time posting from it!
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #945 on: February 07, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »

Yes, it is impossible to make sense out of people who are not sane.

Having been to these islands, albeit ten years ago, it is a wealthy area.

I also live rural but in a mixed area.  I mean people of all income brackets.

We know the minute something is not right in the hood.  And people watch out for each other.  If someone leaves, they tell a neighbor and the neighbor watches the property.  With the well to do, they would have caretakers, I am sure.

Because I live somewhat rural, I am aware because we are not that isolated, but more so than in the city.  So I like to know who is in the hood and why.

If I had great wealth, I would be really wondering who is in the hood. It is not tourist season, so someone would really stand out as not belonging. 

Of course, if he has a compatriot up there, then that is all different.  But I think that he would be scary to anyone at this poiont because of his mental state.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: February 07, 2011, 12:53:02 PM »

Ok Hello Kitty I will respect your opinion and offer to you that we agree to disagree.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #947 on: February 07, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »

Tracy- you are apparently not getting what I am saying.  Even if he could somehow figure to a way to get to those islands without being noticed and surviving the ocean at this time of year, the people who live up there would probably notice a stranger.

He needs food and water.  He needs warmth.  These are survival issues of great import in the winter.

They can have winds of arctic temperature on those islands.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #948 on: February 07, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »

Police search for driver in hit and run on Hwy 30 - UPDATED
(near Sauvie Island)

..."Anderson's injuries are severe. He might have been hit more than once before someone stopped and came to his aid."

http://bikeportland.org/2011/02/06/police-search-for-driver-in-hit-and-run-on-hwy-30-near-sauvie-island-bridge-47470

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are they saying that multiple drivers may have hit this man and left him there - seriously injured?  My gosh!!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: February 07, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »

I think DAD is receiving help from someone - a family member or a friend.  People know people and he could be staying in someone's home - a vacation home - or even a family member's home.  It wouldn't have to be a home that he broke into.  He was early on thought to have been staying in a friend's house close to where the party was held; later his brother, Michael, said he thought David was staying at a friend's home in Manzinita (sp?).  In that time that he pulled into a side road for a few minutes after the shooting, DAD could have called someone for help.  He may have received some help by now.  I recall from the interview with Michael, that he specifically would not answer the reporter's question about whether DAD had contacted the family.

DAD has not been caught in California and, if I recall correctly, he wasn't even sighted in California...it was just a "guess" that he might have taken the Piper Plumbing van. Maybe he wasn't the one who took take the van.  There's been no more reporting on it and I'm thinking that LE no longer thinks that was DAD who took that particular van.  If LE was on the chase for DAD, it would be news.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: February 07, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

Tracy- you are apparently not getting what I am saying.  Even if he could somehow figure to a way to get to those islands without being noticed and surviving the ocean at this time of year, the people who live up there would probably notice a stranger.

He needs food and water.  He needs warmth.  These are survival issues of great import in the winter.

They can have winds of arctic temperature on those islands.

HelloKitty, I think it is possible he tried to get there and is there or on another island in that area. I am not sure why it matters so much where I think this man could be.  If the truth be told, I think there are a lot of possible places he could be though such as caves, remote area's, I think the Shasta area is an area he could hide out etc...I also believe he could have killed himself and has not been found yet. I am not going to be so bold as to say something is not or could not be a possibility because I simply do not have enough details. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #951 on: February 07, 2011, 02:03:59 PM »

I certainly am not going to find him unless he comes to my neighborhood.  I am going to California soon though, so I'll watch for him.  No California woods for me though.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #952 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »

http://genealogy.state.or.us/

I remember Klaas did not encourage searching for the Spicher family genealogy, I refrained.
The only thing (if I may) the Spicher surname isn't available in the Oregon Historical Record Index.
Perhaps he is a Transplant 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #953 on: February 07, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »

All I'm saying is the Salmonberry River is towards the west COAST of Oregon and Salmonberry Rd is on the east side of Portland.  Salmonberry River and Salmonberry Road are nowhere near each other except that they are both in Oregon. 
The one area I was talking about is also referred to as SalmonBerry River, so who knows. I think it would be more in the middle and not in the east Portland area. It is in Washington County. It is off the sunset Hwy 26 in Timber.

There is the other SalmonBerry that Sass found but it was on the other side of the 30 I think. That I think would be east of Portland. The area I am talking about would be to the west of Portland. 

There are actually 3 Salmonberry Rd's in Oregon. One in Alsea, one in Rhododendron, and One in Brookings. So that is 3 different counties. Washington county, Clackamas county, and Curry county.

Salmonberry River flows into the Nehalem River, so there may be some confusion there.

The "Salmonberry Rd" that TG is referencing, the one in Washington county, is the rd that "Chas" was referring to.

Are we confused yet? 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: February 07, 2011, 05:26:27 PM »

All I'm saying is the Salmonberry River is towards the west COAST of Oregon and Salmonberry Rd is on the east side of Portland.  Salmonberry River and Salmonberry Road are nowhere near each other except that they are both in Oregon. 
The one area I was talking about is also referred to as SalmonBerry River, so who knows. I think it would be more in the middle and not in the east Portland area. It is in Washington County. It is off the sunset Hwy 26 in Timber.

There is the other SalmonBerry that Sass found but it was on the other side of the 30 I think. That I think would be east of Portland. The area I am talking about would be to the west of Portland. 

There are actually 3 Salmonberry Rd's in Oregon. One in Alsea, one in Rhododendron, and One in Brookings. So that is 3 different counties. Washington county, Clackamas county, and Curry county.

Salmonberry River flows into the Nehalem River, so there may be some confusion there.

The "Salmonberry Rd" that TG is referencing, the one in Washington county, is the rd that "Chas" was referring to.

Are we confused yet? 

I understand that but does THAT one have anything at all to do (location wise) with Salmonberry River as referenced in the photo album of MD?  I don't think it does.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #955 on: February 07, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »

Are we confused yet? 

I understand that but does THAT one have anything at all to do (location wise) with Salmonberry River as referenced in the photo album of MD?  I don't think it does.

Well it may and may not be. Since there wasn't a "location" to his reference, you can't be sure.

The Nehalem River is referenced as the Salmonberry river by locals because it runs into it. http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=CGW037-064

Personally, I don't think MD's blogs have anything to do with David other than he (David) may have been living vicariously through his brothers experiences. In other words, mentally taking notes and gaining knowledge.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: February 07, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »

Are we confused yet? 

Well it may and may not be. Since there wasn't a "location" to his reference, you can't be sure.

The Nehalem River is referenced as the Salmonberry river by locals because it runs into it. http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=CGW037-064

Personally, I don't think MD's blogs have anything to do with David other than he (David) may have been living vicariously through his brothers experiences. In other words, mentally taking notes and gaining knowledge.

Michael took a lot of pictures of bats in caves...probably shared that experience with David...wonder if David could be hiding out somewhere in one of those caves?

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #957 on: February 07, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »

I could be wrong... (ICBW?) -- but that looks like a Disney monorail track outside of the window.... Smile  Nice picture!  Thanks. 

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: February 07, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »

I could be wrong... (ICBW?) -- but that looks like a Disney monorail track outside of the window.... Smile  Nice picture!  Thanks. 

Good catch!

After a short time searching, I found this on Picasa. (Not going to link to it since there is a child in the image. I blurred the face in this one.)

Caption says, "On the Disneyworld bus to our resort"

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: February 07, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »

Great catch on the bus!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.