April 30, 2024, 05:32:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308194 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 01, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:08:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 05:48:05 PM »

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 05:50:43 PM »

We made it!

Now to find Kyron.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »

On JVM show last night I heard her say that she was a guest speaker in Portland OR about crimes against "women" - so it must have been a big deal about "crime" - different kinds of crimes.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

Hello everyone!

So the daycare is in the cafeteria which is in the basement area of the school that has that door that looks out to the soccer fields and also the through the kitchen area to the boiler room that has a door that leads out to the middle area of the black top that is used for deliveries.

I think I had read there was an after/before school daycare but didn't realize it was downstairs or just forgot. For awhile now I have considered Kyron left through one of the doors on the basement level...You know how Tanner had said he passed Kyron in the hall? Could it be that Tanner was going to class after being in the childcare down stairs?

I think there were also displays in the cafeteria, so how did that affect the program? Was it moved to another area of the building?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »

Didn't a child say in the press he saw Kyron in the cafeteria with friends and Terri was not with him? Did Kyron go to see his friends who were in the daycare?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »

Didn't a child say in the press he saw Kyron in the cafeteria with friends and Terri was not with him? Did Kyron go to see his friends who were in the daycare?

Maybe I missed something but I thought it was established that daycare was held at a separate location, not at the school.  Daycare was held at the Portland Jewish Center I believe.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/childcare/BeforeAndAfterCare01_1.pdf

About 20 miles apart:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:30:36 PM by klaasend » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »

It is my understanding the conversation is there is a daycare available at the school for students before and after school. It is at the school site and is run by a daycare facility.
They have this in my area as well. An off site daycare agency is responsible for staffing and running the before and after school care for students of a  school at that site.  
If I am incorrect then please advise me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »

It is my understanding the conversation is there is a daycare available at the school for students before and after school. It is at the school site and is run by a daycare facility.
They have this in my area as well. An off site daycare agency is responsible for staffing and running the before and after school care for students of a  school at that site.  

The only information I have read pertains to the Portland Jewish Academy I haven't seen anything stating there was a daycare center at the school itself.  Please show me a link where this is said, TIA. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »

The only information I have read pertains to the Portland Jewish Academy I haven't seen anything stating there was a daycare center at the school itself.  Please show me a link where this is said, TIA. 

Tracygirl - I found it here.  Looks like through the Jewish Academy but held at Skyline.  You are correct:

http://www.portlandjewishacademy.org/page.cfm?p=340
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 07:57:50 PM »

Before and after school childcare there is until 8:45 and then in the afternoon.  Therefore, there are not preschool children there.  There is no one to watch them.

After school childcare is not free.  There would be no reason for a parent to bring a child at 8:35 to school for childcare as that is the first bell for school when children could go to classrooms.

I imagine that the price is for a time period.  It doesn't matter if the child is there for 5 minutes or 2 hours.  The price is the same. I sincerely doubt a parent would bring a child even at 8:30 for childcare.  That would be way too expensive for little gain.

It is hard to say, but it is possible that a childcare person brings children to their classes.  I have seen that at schools where I live.  It would be interesting to find out if that is the case .

I imagine that all parents have to sign in and out at the child care.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »

Thank you Klaas.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 08:15:56 PM »

Before and after school childcare there is until 8:45 and then in the afternoon.  Therefore, there are not preschool children there.  There is no one to watch them.

After school childcare is not free.  There would be no reason for a parent to bring a child at 8:35 to school for childcare as that is the first bell for school when children could go to classrooms.

I imagine that the price is for a time period.  It doesn't matter if the child is there for 5 minutes or 2 hours.  The price is the same. I sincerely doubt a parent would bring a child even at 8:30 for childcare.  That would be way too expensive for little gain.

It is hard to say, but it is possible that a childcare person brings children to their classes.  I have seen that at schools where I live.  It would be interesting to find out if that is the case .

It does cost the same but if a parent has to drop off at 8:30 to make it to work on time, then?
The way it works at my children's school is you can have before or after school only or you can have your child go to both before and after care.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »

Whoa..... I almost lost my Isabella's bow coming into this thread! 

Alright, this whole daycare thing is bugging the heck out of me.

neighbor said on the last thread:

Jolene runs the program at Skyline, and is very sweet.  I knew it was outside organization.  I just learned that PJA provides the service for KidsPlace, according to
http://www.portlandjewishacademy.org/page.cfm?p=340
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/childcare/BeforeAndAfterCare01_1.pdf

On blink she said:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/comment-page-119/#comments

zeus says:
January 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm

beejay says:
January 16, 2011 at 7:36 pm

@neighbor: TY very much. So, before/after school care is downstairs in the cafeteria. Same floor as some of those electrical exhibits. Those exhibits were, we think, where Ky headed when he went downstairs. I’ve got it now.

neighbor says:
January 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm

@beejay, the before/after hours care is in the cafeteria

So which is it? neighbor, will you please clarify EXACTLY which is true.

I hate cryptic. Just tell me which one is right. Is the day care at Skyline or at the other place?

Gosh... I think I need a bubble bath.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »

NM. I should have looked up on the thread. So the day care IS at Skyline school.

Sorry Monkey's. For some reason that info ticked me off. I don't like it when things aren't verified as true.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »

It does cost the same but if a parent has to drop off at 8:30 to make it to work on time, then?
The way it works at my children's school is you can have before or after school only or you can have your child go to both before and after care.

I think most parents would find an option that is not that expensive for a few minutes.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

This is my understanding of "before and after school program".

From what I understand, the purpose of this program is for parents that have to leave work earlier than when school starts and don't get out of work until after school ends. So with this program, it allows parents whose schedule differ from the school schedule, to have their kids monitored until school starts or ends, so they can pick them up after school. Is that correct?

If the above is correct then how does this program work for people who's children that don't attend Skyline? 

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »

This is my understanding of "before and after school program".

From what I understand, the purpose of this program is for parents that have to leave work earlier than when school starts and don't get out of work until after school ends. So with this program, it allows parents whose schedule differ from the school schedule, to have their kids monitored until school starts or ends, so they can pick them up after school. Is that correct?

If the above is correct then how does this program work for people who's children that don't attend Skyline? 

From what I know about these programs, they are only available for students at one of the listed schools for that program. 
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »

If Neighbor is familiar with this program, perhaps she can clarify things such as ages of children, weither they have to be a regular student of Skyline, etc.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 10:40:18 PM »

Obviously, I don't know of every school care program, but of the many I know of, it's for the children of the school.  Otherwise, how would they get to where they are going?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.