April 30, 2024, 11:24:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308349 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

From what I can gather from mapping it, Rocky Point and Skyline are north west of Sauvie.

I think this search is big.

I don't think it's Northwest of Sauvie.  Let me look again. 

I believe it is due WEST of Sauvie about at the island midpoint.  Not North at all as far as I can see.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »

Haven't chimed in for a while as I personally think looking at anyone but TH is fruitless.  Happy to see they are searching again.

My personal opinion has been that TH is much like CA ... just got lucky and placed the body in a place that wasn't searched immediately.  As time passed and the body wasn't found, all they had to do was pray the body decomposed quickly so time and cause of death were undeterminable and forensics were washed away.  If Kyron's body was really put in a container ... someone apparently didn't watch enough CSI!  That container not only hides body and odor of decomp ... it also preserves evidence.

That is what I'm hoping for, a container. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

((snipped))

A spokesperson confirms that Sunday's efforts are being done in the hopes of bringing "closure" to the nearly 8-month-long search for missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman. Kyron was 7 when he is believed to have disappeared from a science fair in rural Northwest Portland's Skyline School.

((snipped))
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »

That is what I'm hoping for, a container. 
Me too klaas!  I've never thought she was smart ... she was just lucky.

I so hope this little boy's body is found on this search.  Every family deserves to grieve and everyone deserves a proper burial.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »

Oh gosh they know where he is at, that is what it sounds like to me.

Link to the sheriffs department, you can search who's in custody.

http://www.mcso.us/public/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/multnomah_county_sheriffs_offi_2.html

Multnomah County sheriff's officials say they hope new search brings closure to Kyron Horman case
Published: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 10:23 AM     Updated: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 12:17 PM

By Thomas Boyd, The Oregonian
Follow

Sunday, January 30, 2011--Searchers mark possible evidence in their search for Kyron Horman. The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue (SAR) Unit, at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trailheads, and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road, south of Rocky Point Road and a gravel road further north in the Dixie Mountain area. Thomas Boyd/The Oregonian
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »

It sure does seem like they know where Kyron is. Could someone have talked?
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

<snipped>

Between 40 and 50 search-and-rescue workers, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trail heads and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road. The search team also includes a member of the Multnomah County coroner's office, an unusual addition to the search.

<snipped>

BBM

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2011/01/searching_for_kyron_horman_2.html

Looks chilly/cold and damp, but no snow visible.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2011, 03:54:33 PM »

If someone talked, they don't seem to have specific info.  It could be from cell phone conversations that they finally found.  Or it could be from videos that they finally found some info.  The area is too broad for someone to have taled, I feel.

But with the coroner, they must have something specific.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »

A = Dixie Mountain per google maps

Street view of the above - does that look like a cell tower?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

Search for Kyron Horman resumes today north and west of Portland   an angelic monkey

The seven-month search for missing Kyron Horman turns its focus today on two rural locations north and west of Portland as investigators run down specific intelligence they've developed and warmer weather conditions now provide a window of opportunity.Between 40 to 50 search-and-rescue workers, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trailheads, and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road, south of Rocky Point Road and a gravel road further north in the Dixie Mountain area.

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force."There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

<snipped>

This tells me they have known this for a while but were unable to look, 6 weeks ago was I did some searching through the names of people arrested. There is one man arrested back in November for sexual abuse who has the same last name as a person on the list released. Just thought I would throw that out there. There is another man arrested for sexual abuse and sodomy back in late december. Am I allowed to post names?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »

Sorry folks got in the quote box, this is what I asked.

This tells me they have known this for a while but were unable to look, 6 weeks ago was I did some searching through the names of people arrested. There is one man arrested back in November for sexual abuse who has the same last name as a person on the list released. Just thought I would throw that out there. There is another man arrested for sexual abuse and sodomy back in late december. Am I allowed to post names?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue Unit fought the fog Sunday to search two spots in Portland's West Hills – at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

<snipped>
http://www.kval.com/news/local/114901319.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »

A = Dixie Mountain per google maps

Street view of the above - does that look like a cell tower?

The small ones near the center does to me look like a cell tower. Where is this in relation to rocky point and skyline and sauvie, lol. I have such a bad sense of direction
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »

Desiree, having made that statement, seems to know this isn't going to turn out with a happy ending. It does seem as though the police know approximately where Kyron's remains are, thus the canine units going in before the searchers, and a coroner on standby. This case has been an emotional rollercoaster. Will be interesting to see who is arrested for Kyron's disapperance.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »

It does look like a cell tower for sure.  I think they can tell within feet where a call comes from. 

So maybe they have some calls that indicate something?  Who can know at this point.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

Search for Kyron Horman resumes today north and west of Portland   an angelic monkey

The seven-month search for missing Kyron Horman turns its focus today on two rural locations north and west of Portland as investigators run down specific intelligence they've developed and warmer weather conditions now provide a window of opportunity.Between 40 to 50 search-and-rescue workers, along with up to seven cadaver-detecting dogs, will be combing the dense forested area around turnouts, trailheads, and gated logging roads along a stretch of Northwest Skyline Road, south of Rocky Point Road and a gravel road further north in the Dixie Mountain area.

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties, and reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

"Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force."There're very specific reasons why we're here," said Multnomah County deputy sheriff Mark Herron, a search and rescue coordinator on the task force.

"We'll be looking for all those things that are Kyron associated," he said, adding that the searchers will also be looking for anything that might have been left by those involved with Kyron's disappearance.

<snipped>

From quote above:

Those = implied more than one person

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »

Desiree, having made that statement, seems to know this isn't going to turn out with a happy ending. It does seem as though the police know approximately where Kyron's remains are, thus the canine units going in before the searchers, and a coroner on standby. This case has been an emotional rollercoaster. Will be interesting to see who is arrested for Kyron's disapperance.

MK do you think it is possible that someone has confessed and is in jail?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue Unit fought the fog Sunday to search two spots in Portland's West Hills – at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

<snipped>
http://www.kval.com/news/local/114901319.html

WOW 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.