April 30, 2024, 03:36:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308139 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »

Puzzler the interview that Stanton did in the beginning of December is the one you have talked about alot. Is that that interview he talks about losing valuable time? I cannot find a working video of that interview, does anyone have that?

TG - it's not a video - it's an article.  Here's the link:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »

Thanks I found that a bit ago in the archives. I can't get it to come up for me! Ugh I am getting frustrated! That is why I asked for a video in hopes I can get it to upload for me.

Would you or anyone who can pull it up, would you mind posting the quotes he gave in that interview?

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2011, 08:13:37 PM »

according to the twitter page of anna canzano of  KATU, the searches today were based off of "location specific information" and that nothing was found...also, it says the coroners office was not involved at all today

http://twitter.com/annacanzanokatu
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »

IM it is confusing but I would guess he is saying it is supposed to be done today, he doubts that though and if it not done they are not coming back tomorrow, (I am guessing because they thought it would be done today) and may come back next week. (because it will take that much time to plan a 2nd search..I don't know, that is my guess.

Extremely confusing since he said he was doubtful or not optimistic they would be done today, but if I were Kaine or Desiree and knew this were areas they had planned to search on specidic information for 6 weeks, I'd be pizzed and a crazed mommy knowing that they weren't going back tomorrow since they had ample time to plan for more than a 2 day search, and also the stmt that it wasn't a given they would return next week?? Unless it's weather related I'd be searching myself or camped out on LE's desk demanding they go back. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration they are living thru and this would just make me go ballistic. Par for the course in this case since everything is so d@mn frustrating!

Thanks for your input though

I wish I had a link, but I read that there were specific conditions that were best for searching.  It said two days after it rained, when it was sunny and the temp was between 65-80 or something like that!  Sounds crazy, huh?  But it is amazing that dogs are able to find scents so long afterwards, so I can't blame them for having certain ideal conditions like that.

I read that too, but I thought it was far cooler than 80.....this is the weather for today and the next 4-5 days so that was why I questioned that issue, unless the wind has picked up drastically

48°F | °C
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: NW at 4 mph
Humidity: 85%Sun

50°F | 41°FMon

50°F | 36°FTue

47°F | 32°FWed

49°F | 35°F

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »

Thanks I found that a bit ago in the archives. I can't get it to come up for me! Ugh I am getting frustrated! That is why I asked for a video in hopes I can get it to upload for me.

Would you or anyone who can pull it up, would you mind posting the quotes he gave in that interview?

Here's the quote I believe you're looking for (and I sent you nanners):

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

(snip)  "Investigators interviewed about 300 students, their parents, and all faculty and staff, and determined that Kyron was not seen at the school after 8:45 a.m., but the school never called anyone to report his absence.

"That six-hour window -- a lot was lost," Staton said. "That's still frustrating to me because I think that's one of the things that really hurt. That six hours ... I wish we could regain those six hours."  (snip)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »

IM it is confusing but I would guess he is saying it is supposed to be done today, he doubts that though and if it not done they are not coming back tomorrow, (I am guessing because they thought it would be done today) and may come back next week. (because it will take that much time to plan a 2nd search..I don't know, that is my guess.

Extremely confusing since he said he was doubtful or not optimistic they would be done today, but if I were Kaine or Desiree and knew this were areas they had planned to search on specidic information for 6 weeks, I'd be pizzed and a crazed mommy knowing that they weren't going back tomorrow since they had ample time to plan for more than a 2 day search, and also the stmt that it wasn't a given they would return next week?? Unless it's weather related I'd be searching myself or camped out on LE's desk demanding they go back. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration they are living thru and this would just make me go ballistic. Par for the course in this case since everything is so d@mn frustrating!

I wish I had a link, but I read that there were specific conditions that were best for searching.  It said two days after it rained, when it was sunny and the temp was between 65-80 or something like that!  Sounds crazy, huh?  But it is amazing that dogs are able to find scents so long afterwards, so I can't blame them for having certain ideal conditions like that.

I do think it's amazing the dogs can find a scent that old, but I think the temps you mentioned are in CA, not Portland......and I found the blurb about the dogs doing better when the temps are above 40, so that is why I am confused as usual:

Weather conditions prevented the searching of these two locations a month or six weeks ago because of the snow up there, and dogs are not effective when it's below 40 degrees," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Sgt. Keith Krafve, a supervisor of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »

Glad to see some action on this case again.     Hopefully, something will pay off this time.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

OK~I see what you are saying, the ideal conditions to search are 65-80 degrees and 2 days after a rain.....I thought I was crazy as I knew it wasn't that warm there, it's barely that warm here. My bad for misinterpreting your post. I do remember now they said today was a 6 out of 10 for optimal conditions. I am just sooooo frustrated, but I did read that they expect to continue searches on and off thru out February.

[
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2011, 08:48:48 PM »

Lindstrand and Gustafson would not comment on the specifics of why searchers were returning to this specific location, but sources have said that recent search efforts have been based on further analysis of cell phone records.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=114897304&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10202
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

I just came in after having some family time to read all of this. It surely is breaking my heart because I feel the outcome will not be what I prayed for.

My heart is just breaking for Desiree and Kaine.  Part of me feels so lost.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »

One other thing. If Kyron is found there, or any where, I pray to God that those people involved, suffer the cruelest punishment possible.

You Monkeys know how I've never given up on the hope that he was alive somewhere, but now I feel otherwise.

I felt this was coming but I didn't want to face it. What an emotional case. These poor children. WTH is wrong with this world?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »

Glad to see some action on this case again.     Hopefully, something will pay off this time.

Glad to see you again, flutter1! ( O/T: Left you a post here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1283580#msg1283580 )

I am also pleased something is happening in this case that we can see.

Am I right, that they suspended the search for today, and will search further next weekend?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114899784.html

((snipped))

UPDATE 5:52 p.m. 1/30/11: We have just received word that as of now the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is suspending its renewed search in the Skyline area.

"The searches have concluded for the day," reads a prepared statement from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. "There were 11 areas designated to be searched by canine teams; seven of these areas were searched. There were also three other areas designated to be searched by ground crews; one of these areas was completed."

The sheriff's office reports it has yet to determine the date for the completion of this renewed search.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:16:10 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »

Renewed Kyron search turns up nothing 'significant'

http://www.katu.com/home/video/114909484.html
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/

Video on left says to expect searches like today to continue through next month.

Also mentions a 4 month business plan created in October.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »

Wow, a lot has transpired today. I am praying that Kyron is found. Since the news does not appear to be good with regards to Kyron being found alive, I will say that my psychic friend said that he was disposed of 3 days after he was taken. Again, I take all of this psychic stuff with a grain of salt. My friend also stated that he will be found in the woods near a lake? She also said that the second person is a hillbilly type. She says that Kyron was taken for ransom and it all went terribly wrong. Again, this is just one pychic persons opinion. For all we know, he could still be alive.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »

Does anyone know how the Hormans heat the home?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

I'm wondering who would be familiar with this specific area- any guesses? Loggers, people who sold firewood?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »

Okay…I was hopeful earlier today when I heard of these searches and how confident the deputy sheriff sounded.  For the past couple of hours, though, I’ve been mulling things over.
Today there was a search with cadaver dogs for all things Kyron and we were told LE’s been planning this search for about 6 weeks, just waiting on the weather to clear up.  So, LE has planned this search with cadaver dogs for quite a while. 
Just a few days ago, we were so happy to hear that Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and Washington State Patrol have teamed up to get Kyron Horman’s face on trucks that run nationwide.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Image-of-Kyron-displayed-on-trucks-that-travel/Dpr3fi__Q0C_amLgCbUELg.cspx

So…what’s going on here?  Multnomah County LE has planned for weeks to search with cadaver dogs and at the same time worked with Washington State Patrol to get Kyron’s face on trucks? 
Just who are the cadaver dogs supposed to be finding? Kyron? Or other people? Or both?

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2011, 10:46:28 PM »

That's why I wonder if someone is missing and presumed to have committed suicide.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.