April 30, 2024, 05:09:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308186 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: February 02, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »

New info about Durham:

------------------snipped----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/25842189-41/durham-police-fbi-lincoln-affidavit.csp

The man accused of shooting a Lincoln City police officer during a traffic stop sold many of his personal belongings last month and told a number of friends and relatives that he planned to travel to the Caribbean and live on an island there, an FBI arrest warrant affidavit filed in U.S. District Court states.

According to the affidavit, detectives have David Durham’s passport in their possession. But he wouldn’t need it to visit some islands in the Caribbean — including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands — because they are considered part of the United States.

Durham’s passport indicated that he had traveled in the past to Thailand, FBI Special Agent Michael Holeman wrote in the affidavit.
---------------------------------end snip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he doesn't have his passport, and he's been planning to leave the country.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the rules about passports had changed and that you would need your passport to go to the Carribbean now.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: February 02, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »

This is an interesting post from BOC - I don't have any access to check out FB pictures to check out the one of Kyron in front of fire engine #1:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Shelly says:
February 1, 2011 at 10:54 pm
Wondering if Ky had ever met D.A.D before…there is a pic on Missing Kyron (facebook page), first photo album (wall photos) pic #166 of 193- pic of Kyron posing infront of “fire engine #1″.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #562 on: February 02, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »

New info about Durham:

------------------snipped----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/25842189-41/durham-police-fbi-lincoln-affidavit.csp

The man accused of shooting a Lincoln City police officer during a traffic stop sold many of his personal belongings last month and told a number of friends and relatives that he planned to travel to the Caribbean and live on an island there, an FBI arrest warrant affidavit filed in U.S. District Court states.

According to the affidavit, detectives have David Durham’s passport in their possession. But he wouldn’t need it to visit some islands in the Caribbean — including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands — because they are considered part of the United States.

Durham’s passport indicated that he had traveled in the past to Thailand, FBI Special Agent Michael Holeman wrote in the affidavit.
---------------------------------end snip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he doesn't have his passport, and he's been planning to leave the country.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the rules about passports had changed and that you would need your passport to go to the Carribbean now.

You do need a passport to leave the country, but not for Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands because they are U.S. territories.  It doesn't say that his original plan was P.R. or U.S. Virgin Islands, but without a passport he is limited.  I wonder though, if there is a way to get out of the country easily from one of those places.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #563 on: February 02, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »

That's true that you don't need a passport, but I imagine that he had not planned on leaving in the manner that he did-shootout with the police.

Unless he has lots of fake ID and he may if he's a survivalist, he still has to provide ID to get on a plane.

Those islands are not that inexpensive to fly to right now.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #564 on: February 02, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »

I have been to PR and I love it.

There are many homeless there in areas.

I asked why that was the case.  I was told that relatives on the other islands get sick of their mentally ill  or drug addicted relatives and put them on a one way plane ride to PR because they figure that the rellies can panhandle or eat out of the garbage cans in PR because of all of the tourist trade.

There are police on every block in old San Juan.  I am not kidding as tourism is very important to them.  But I don't think a mentally ill person would stand out there at all.

I love love love PR so don't let that info scare you. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: February 02, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »

This is an interesting post from BOC - I don't have any access to check out FB pictures to check out the one of Kyron in front of fire engine #1:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/comment-page-5/#comments

Shelly says:
Wondering if Ky had ever met D.A.D before…there is a pic on Missing Kyron (facebook page), first photo album (wall photos) pic #166 of 193- pic of Kyron posing infront of “fire engine #1″.

Yeah, just no reason to believe that this was a fire engine on Sauvie Island, where he was a volunteer:

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #566 on: February 02, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »

That's true that you don't need a passport, but I imagine that he had not planned on leaving in the manner that he did-shootout with the police.

Unless he has lots of fake ID and he may if he's a survivalist, he still has to provide ID to get on a plane.

Those islands are not that inexpensive to fly to right now.

I agree, he would've had to modify his plan.  I still wonder if he could've gotten to the airport Monday morning before his face hit the news?
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #567 on: February 02, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »

Also, DAD problaby carries plenty of cash.  If he likes to keep his electronic footprint clear and feels he may have to run suddenly.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »

Shelly says:

I would think it would have to be by "airplane".

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »

Shelly says:

Yeah, just no reason to believe that this was a fire engine on Sauvie Island, where he was a volunteer:

Klaas - TY

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »

I think buying a plane ticket with cash would raise eyebrows.  You still have to provide ID and I am sure LE has checked it out if he left by plane anywhere.

This guy would stand out in the airport and I am sure that people who work there would remember him.

If he had not purchased his ticket awhile ago, he would also raise an alert because of purchasing a ticket the day of or a last minute ticket for a flight.

That gets you an extra security check.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2011, 02:33:41 PM »

He has a federal warrant out for his arrest.  They will be looking for him everywhere, in airports, at borders, etc.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »

I wonder if he has any experience in sailing, boating, reading charts, gps. This guy is running with weapons- he can strong arm someone to takew him somewhere.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »

I wonder if he has any experience in sailing, boating, reading charts, gps. This guy is running with weapons- he can strong arm someone to takew him somewhere.

I have no idea but I do know it's a VERY LONG way from Oregon to ANY Caribbean island and definitely not a trip for a novice.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: February 02, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »

I have no idea but I do know it's a VERY LONG way from Oregon to ANY Caribbean island and definitely not a trip for a novice.

Exactly what I was thinking (he would need to fly).  Somehow, I don't think he's gotten away in an airplane.  With it being a shooting of a LEO, I wonder if airports wouldn't have been alerted fairly quickly.

Do I have this right?  Durham was speeding and he was stopped by LE throwing out strips that gave him flat tires.  Then he went off on foot, with the weapon(s) he had on him (left other weapons in the car).

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: February 02, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »

His best bet is to travel by bus or train or whatever to Mexico (will take a while) then down through Mexico to the Gulf side where he might be able to hitch a ride on a boat to a Caribbean island.

Many of us in the forum are always (every day still) on top of everything Aruba related so if he goes there we will likely find out quickly.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #576 on: February 02, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »

With a weapon, I would think he could have forced someone to let him in their home.

I believe, though, that I read that LE had search very many homes in the area. 

If he was on foot, he wouldn't get to any great distance...I guess he could have hitch-hiked and someone might have picked him up and he could have easily gotten out of state that way.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #577 on: February 02, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »

I know that off the coast of Washington state, there are islands with homes and a number of people living on those islands...wonder if Oregon has any islands like that..ones that would be reachable by a small boat.

There was a great picture that Klaas posted recently of the area where LE is looking for Durham - an overhead picture - and it didn't really look like it was a place where there's very many boats (if any).

Hitchhiking or forcing by use of a weapon someone to drive him away from the area.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: February 02, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

It appears that at the end of the video ... Michael Durham was not forthcoming to the interviewer concerning David's hunting skills.  Also ... Michael would not respond to queries regarding whether or not his brother had attempted contact with the family.

Janet

++++++

Raw video: Interview with brother of suspect   
Posted on January 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Updated Tuesday, Jan 25 at 3:36 PM

1:10
http://www.kgw.com/video?id=114604659&sec=547977

Ore. family pleads with suspected shooter to turn himself in
Story Created: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM MST
Story Updated: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM MST

PORTLAND, Ore. – The family of the man police say shot and critically injured a police officer during a traffic stop made a public plea Tuesday for him to turn himself in.

<snipped>

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/114651479.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: February 02, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »

He has not been in the news that much in my area. I have not found anything in the news outside of Oregon. I think Yahoo did something or it was in the headlines for a day.  I think he could have traveled out of Oregon, into California without that much trouble. What I find odd though is there has not been any sightings of him anywhere since he took off. I believe he was staying down that way, he does have the vacation home. I am sure what ever plans he was laying out has to do with that area.  It seems if he was sitting on a bus, by now someone would have said they saw him, kwim? Could he have stowed away on something such as a train, boat etc? I guess it possible he took a boat and headed south to Mexico or north to Canada? Did he have a boat? Have there been any reports about stolen cars or boats, or geez even a bicycle, lol. Sounds funny but a person can travel a long way on a bike.

I bet though he is dead, that is my first guess actually. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.