April 30, 2024, 11:04:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308336 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: February 02, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »

Saturday, June 5th - Kyron Sighting?

Sighting Prompts Truck Driver To Call Tip Line
POSTED: 5:56 pm PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm PDT June 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

He said he saw a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

Vaughan said he received a call back from an FBI agent Monday morning.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

Wow!

Thanks for posting this!  I had heard this story, but have never, in all these months, seen a link or any written reference to it!  Any thoughts, Monkeys?!?

remember how many Kyron sightings there were in the beginning?

First my thoughts on this is I am not sure if I would discount it. At first I thought the sighting was in Washington state, silly me didn't know there was a washington county in the state of oregon. it is not that far from the portland area.

HK what other sighting have there been of Kyron? Can you remind me please?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #641 on: February 02, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »

So it sounds as if the man was heading east on hwy 26 and a truck was heading south on hwy 26 and turned infront of him onto Salmon Berry Road.
Oh gosh does this mean I have to go on Google maps again!
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #642 on: February 02, 2011, 10:03:49 PM »

I cannot remember all of the sightings.  I remember something about one at a Walmart in California with an older couple for sure.  These were all talked about in the beginning threads.  Lots of info there.

And lots of maps
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: February 02, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »

Ooo ooo oops!  forgot to post the link! 

Here it is, again.  Check out the last frame, please:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html?tab=video

Not sure but maybe belongs to Desiree and Tony?

I think it came from Terri's FB.

I have the original:

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #644 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »

Interesting that the backpack is in the box and not in the cab
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »

I wish I can post a pic of the area the man said he may have seen Kyron. It is very remote off of Hwy 26. The road that comes off of 26 is not salmon Berry it is called wheeler, you have to wind around a lot! and it turns into Salmon berry road just around Wheeler cut off and Wheeler pond way south. It is a bit easier if you go to Shields road and just go south. Maybe this is the road he saw the truck go down? This is the only Salmon Berry I can find, maybe there is another Salmon Berry?
I have no idea why a truck would be going anywhere around there. I see no homes or anything. Are there any locals on here? Is this a popular spot to camp or something? Can you think of a reason a truck would turn down one of these roads?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »

Interesting that the backpack is in the box and not in the cab

Close-up shows it is a bag holding tire chains, not a backpack.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #647 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »

so that's snow in the background of that truck picture.  Where I live chains are illegal on  tires because they wreck the roads.  But I suppose they are a necessity in the mountains.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #648 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:57 AM »

Klaas,

Thanks so much for freeze framing this & posting it!  I wanted to, but had no idea how!   

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #649 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:40 AM »

I think it came from Terri's FB.

I have the original:

Aha!  Brandi, thanks for this.
This is so interesting...
The first thing is, I noticed that was snow in the background...

As for Hwy 26...I'm not looking at a map, but I'm local so I don't need to, I know Highway 26 very well.... It starts off as Powell Blvd in Gresham then turns to Highway 26, heading east.  Highway 26 goes through Sandy, then goes over Mt. Hood. 

There are a zillion places to turn off along the way, it's very rugged terrain and parts are very isolated.

But Highway 26 isn't near Skyline at all.... Travel time from Skyline to Sandy (the last town of any size before Mt. Hood) is at least 65 minutes, if traffic is light. 

Hope this helps.     

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #650 on: February 03, 2011, 01:09:36 AM »

My first impression was that this picture was taken at Timberline Lodge, although it could be Snow Bunny or Government Camp.  But, it really reminds me of Timberline. 

Also, those appear to be PJ's that Kyron is wearing.... but maybe it was his favorite thing to wear.  Still, seems a little strange (but maybe not...when kids like stuff like that they REALLY like it, maybe it was all that he would wear.)

Snow chains are required (to have on hand) on Highway 26 at a certain point, at certain times of year.  By about Government Camp, I think.  Don't usually need 'em, if you've got 4 wheel drive, but you are supposed to carry them, just in case.

The snow melts at Government camp by... I dunno.... maybe May.  This is probably a winter picture. 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #651 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:42 AM »

Powell Blvd is all stop-and-go.  It starts off as the Ross Island Bridge, crossing over the Willamette.  It's all surburban and city driving.  Ton's of stop-lights.  It takes forever to cross town on Powell.  Faster to take the "Banfield" freeway (84), east but that's a parking lot during rush hour.  (I'm telling you all this because I have no idea where Salmon Berry Road is!) -- but, it's all probably a moot point because I'm betting Salmon Berry is up toward Mt. Hood on 26, east of Gresham and probably even east of Sandy.  In any case, there is no quick way to get from Skyline to Highway 26.  It's across town, and then OUT of town.  Very remote wilderness area is accessible quickly after passing through Gresham, though.  Sad

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:01 AM »

Oh, boy.  I'm looking at a map now.  Looks like we're talking about the WESTERN part of Highway 26 (also known as the Sunset Highway...)  It heads to the coast.  It would definitely be faster to go from the Skyline area WEST to Highway 26.  Much, much faster and makes more sense. 

Sorry!  I'm looking for the "blushing" monkey icon, can't even find that.  Obviously, it's time for bed!

Night Monks!
 an angelic monkey

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:52 AM »

Oh, boy.  I'm looking at a map now.  Looks like we're talking about the WESTERN part of Highway 26 (also known as the Sunset Highway...)  It heads to the coast.  It would definitely be faster to go from the Skyline area WEST to Highway 26.  Much, much faster and makes more sense. 

Sorry!  I'm looking for the "blushing" monkey icon, can't even find that.  Obviously, it's time for bed!

Night Monks!
 an angelic monkey

Don't blush I have no idea about Oregon. On the map salmon berry road is off of nw sunset hwy 26. Just past nw timber road heading north are the roads I was talking about. It is so rural in that area. I don't see any reason a truck would be going that way.
So local Monkeys, remember the sighting was on the Saturday afternoon and not on Friday. What is around that area? Is there a camp site? Why would a truck be turning down one of the roads? Is it fenced off? Is there a river around there?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: February 03, 2011, 02:25:58 AM »

Am I correct in thinking the searches that we know about have been off of hwy 30?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: February 03, 2011, 02:28:52 AM »

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

<snipped>

Wow!

Thanks for posting this!  I had heard this story, but have never, in all these months, seen a link or any written reference to it!  Any thoughts, Monkeys?!?

I have a thought, this was when Kyron first went missing, yet it took the FBI a day and a half to make a call-back.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: February 03, 2011, 02:57:12 AM »

<snipped>

Wow!

I have a thought, this was when Kyron first went missing, yet it took the FBI a day and a half to make a call-back.

This to me is an interesting tip. I have been on Google maps and on the street view function, it is amazingly rural, I mean it is the rural of all rural area's. The little roads I mentioned? Well they are little pathways off the main hwy. I cant take my little google man down the paths even. I don't know if they are private roads or what. So is this the area the man was speaking of? I am in the right area, west Washington County. The only thing I see around there is a little wine place, but other then that it is all trees.

I can't imagine a person driving down the roads unless they are heading some place. Perhaps there is a house down there that I can't see? Or perhaps the truck was lost and only wanted to turn around? I don't know it is a strange place for a Kyron sighting the day after he was missing.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #657 on: February 03, 2011, 03:29:05 AM »

Hmmm.... wish someone could give us a map, linked to those streets you mentioned, TG.  Sunset Hwy 26 is one of the main ways to get the the Oregon coast from Portland.  It's about a 2 hour drive, I think.  And, you go through a mountain range.  There are houses and rural small towns dotted along the way.  And, yes, lots of rivers coming out of the mountains.  Trees everywhere.... timber used to be one of the major industries in Oregon, so I'm sure many of those roads you are seeing are probably logging roads.  You can still see "clear cuts" of forest or areas where forest fires have scorched the hillsides on the way to the coast.  If you weren't headed to the coast, logging or one of the small towns or houses along the way.... It would be an ideal place to lose someone.  Sad  In fact, there are lots of places like this in Oregon where people have gotten lost in their CARS by wondering off the main road.  It is still the wild west in places out here.
And, yes, off Highway 30 was where the latest search took place. 
What intrigues me is... that grey truck in the photo with Kyron.  And then, putting the grey truck from the film clip together with the alleged Kyron sighting just discussed... could they be one and the same vehicle?  Someone Kyron knew....
In that photo, he is all alone, looking out the back of the cab of the truck.  I get the impression he's watching someone, possibly play in the snow... while he waits inside the cab, alone.  Seemingly in his pajamas, no coat. 

In the photo... it really appears to be the parking lot outside of timberline lodge (going from my memory, this is how I picture Timberline)....

But going back to the day when the witness saw someone who looked like Kyron in a grey truck off Highway 26 (near Salmon Berry Road).... you say that was Saturday, June 5? 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #658 on: February 03, 2011, 03:35:07 AM »

Highway 26 goes from Mt. Hood all the way to the coast, I think.  Hood to coast, is a popular summer marathon.

Anyway,  the sighting was probably the western end "Sunset" end of Highway 26 whereas the photo in the grey truck, above, is the eastern end of Highway 26, Mt. Hood.

From NW Portland to Mt. Hood.... is probably 2 hrs. 

What this is telling me is that whoever Kyron was traveling with in the grey truck, he was accustomed to taking long road trips with.  Or, at least on one other occasion (the trip to Mt. Hood), he had. 

What for it's worth..., JMO.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: February 03, 2011, 03:38:35 AM »

Yes it was the 5th that the man says a truck turned infront of him while driving on Hwy 26 through western washington county. The only salmon berry I can find out that way is off of 26 on a little path road called Wheeler and it divides and becomes Salmon berry.  It is just after Timber(something road) which looks like an actual type of road. My thought is he was turning around because he missed his turn? He was driving crazy because he cut off the man and turned infront of him causing him to hit his breaks. He says he could see the boy looking out the window at him and had a startled look on his face. Probably because the car was coming right at him. But yes, it was Saturday June 5th in the afternoon. Does he say the truck was grey or black? To me that sounds like a charcoal color maybe? I wish we can find out what happened with this lead, if they followed up on it.
Anyway, I will be back on tomorrow. I have an early day tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.