May 01, 2024, 04:38:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308499 times)
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #660 on: February 03, 2011, 03:43:23 AM »

Saturday, June 5th - Kyron Sighting?

Sighting Prompts Truck Driver To Call Tip Line
POSTED: 5:56 pm PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm PDT June 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

He said he saw a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

Vaughan said he received a call back from an FBI agent Monday morning.

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

Wow!

Thanks for posting this!  I had heard this story, but have never, in all these months, seen a link or any written reference to it!  Any thoughts, Monkeys?!?

I have a thought, this was when Kyron first went missing, yet it took the FBI a day and a half to make a call-back.

Yes, Puzzler, that's one major source of frustration with this case... However, the fact that the FBI followed up AT ALL, is telling.  There have been too many horror stories of witnesses contacting the tip line to no avail.  It's a joke (the tip line).  And, it's not funny at all.  I honestly believe one could call the tip line and say they HAVE Kyron, and they would never ever hear back.  Putting that tip line number out there is such a false security blanket, it's doing Kyron a terrible disservice. 

So... yes... the fact that the FBI got back to him?  If that's true.... that's one of two (or maybe 3) times I can think of in all these supposed sightings or witnesses that LE has actually followed up.  Sorry.  I know there will be a backlash for me saying this.  But, unfortunately, I know it's true.  The tip line is totally non-responsive.  In fact, calling dispatch is as well.  911 would probably still work, but that's the only thing I would count on. 

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #661 on: February 03, 2011, 03:46:31 AM »

Yes it was the 5th that the man says a truck turned infront of him while driving on Hwy 26 through western washington county. The only salmon berry I can find out that way is off of 26 on a little path road called Wheeler and it divides and becomes Salmon berry.  It is just after Timber(something road) which looks like an actual type of road. My thought is he was turning around because he missed his turn? He was driving crazy because he cut off the man and turned infront of him causing him to hit his breaks. He says he could see the boy looking out the window at him and had a startled look on his face. Probably because the car was coming right at him. But yes, it was Saturday June 5th in the afternoon. Does he say the truck was grey or black? To me that sounds like a charcoal color maybe? I wish we can find out what happened with this lead, if they followed up on it.
Anyway, I will be back on tomorrow. I have an early day tomorrow.
Thanks for this info, TG!  I hope you get some rest. 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #662 on: February 03, 2011, 03:59:06 AM »

I'm hoping someone can put up a map... I can never seem to post Google maps!  I could get a better feel for it, if I could see it.

An interesting thing... when I talked to people who lived on the island who knew the witnesses on Sauvie Island who said that they had witnessed a car chase between a red mustang and a truck?  I heard different versions of the color of the truck... I heard grey or black.  (But these were 2nd or 3rd hand reports from someone who knew the witnesses)

And, Puzzler, those witnesses said LE never did not back to them in a timely fashion.... Here's the info about the witness sighting.  I will try to find the post where an islander says she is furious because LE never contacted the witnesses to the car chase:

<<Snip, snip...>>

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46&p=381#p381

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 am

We know for a fact that Kyron's step mom was on Sauvie Island. Not only the cell phone, but eye witness reports that she was out here driving very fast and crazy. There was also another vehicle with her. He drove off the road, due to the speed they were both driving. This was reported to the tip line from people who live on the island and seen this take place. It was the morning that Kyron went missing.

You guys are confusing us as to where to look. There are som many differant places in which you are all talking about..... Now we will wait and pray for someone to find him.

concernedmama   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 am

Oh I didn't hear that report...can you link us up?

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 am

Its not on a report. This is a small island. Most of the people have lived out here for years. We have a small knit community on the island. People out here try to pay attention to vehicles and people. We are a tourist trap at this time of year. We have issues with theft on the farms and all sorts on nonsense. We all try to watch out for each other. In other words, people pay attention when anything is not normal. We have our own neighborhood watch as one could say. It has been reported to the proper agency. This is why we feel they have spent so much time out here. There were eye witnesses who wrote down license plate numbers.

We also hope you are right and Kyron is NOT found on the island. We had another tradgedy on the same day Kyron dissapeared. A lot of the people out here are dealing with the loss of a very good friend. If the sherriffs dept. looked somewhere else, it would possibly let our hearts heal for our neighbor and friend.

laverda   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 am

Sadie you are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work. I think we are getting closer all the time, just a little longer.

Does anyone know if the LE are looking at this forum?

mamarho   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 am

amarareign, do you know which side of the island terri's truck was spotted?
i'm assuming the west side since that's where searchers were focused, but do you know for sure?

amarareign   
 Post subject: Re: Kyron HormanPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 am

It was at the end of the island. Terri was not driving the truck. It was a red mustang.

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #663 on: February 03, 2011, 04:02:14 AM »

I should add:

I did hear that LE finally contacted the witnesses, but it was not immediate. 

One thing we have to remember about where Kyron went missing though:  It's unfortunately under the jurisdiction of MCSO, not Portland Police.  MCSO doesn't have nearly the staff or experience the PPD does.  Poor Kyron.
 an angelic monkey

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #664 on: February 03, 2011, 04:22:58 AM »

I can't find the link where the person is complaining about LE not getting back to the witnesses...

I sure do wish I knew whose gray truck that is that we see Kyron in. 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #665 on: February 03, 2011, 04:24:34 AM »

Ooo ooo oops!  forgot to post the link! 

Here it is, again.  Check out the last frame, please:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html?tab=video

Not sure but maybe belongs to Desiree and Tony?

I think it came from Terri's FB.

I have the original:

Bump.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #666 on: February 03, 2011, 08:07:48 AM »

I was doing a check on Mr. Durhams previous addresses and I was trying to remember where I saw the name "salmon berry rd". After reading the post' from last night, I remembered.

Durhams previous addresses:

First Name    DAVID    Middle Initial    A
Middle Name    ANTHONY    Last Name    DURHAM
Address    2617 NE 16TH AVE    City    PORTLAND
State    OR    Zip    97212

Address    1210 SE OAK ST    City    PORTLAND
State    OR    Zip    97214

Address    24693 E OLD SMOKEY RD    City    MOUNT HOOD VILLAGE
State    OR    Zip    97049

Address    5959 NE 57TH AVE    City    PORTLAND
State    OR    Zip    97218

BBM:

I looked up the address on bing maps and saw it was right next to a salmonberry rd, off of hwy 26.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?encType=1&where1=24693+E+Old+Smokey+Rd%2c+Rhododendron%2c+OR+97049-9756&FORM=MIRE1

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: February 03, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »

map of
from: U.S. 26, Banks, Washington, Oregon 97106 to: Salmonberry Rd, Nehalem, OR 97144

road,you can see if zoom in Salmonberry Rd runs into wheeler cutoff rd to get to us 26
http://tinyurl.com/4tuyj5g

this sat map shows how rugged it is
http://tinyurl.com/4zrr5my

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: February 03, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »

this map
First Name    DAVID    Middle Initial    A
Middle Name    ANTHONY    Last Name    DURHAM
Address    24693 E OLD SMOKEY RD    City    MOUNT HOOD VILLAGE
State    OR    Zip    97049

http://tinyurl.com/4jkf3lm

and if you zoom out you can see the other salmonberry rd in washington county
i think dad is in clackamas county and is off East salmonberry rd,wow weird
2 salmonberry rd in 2 counties

county maps oregon
http://geology.com/state-map/oregon.shtml

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: February 03, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »

i just wanted to post this response to a poster that blink wrote on her site in regards to david durham...i thought it was interesting..

"His home or grounds to his home I should say, were searched like most prior to this incident, it was searched by warrant after. He was not at work Friday, and had been people for a month he was facing arrest, nobody knows why.
B"

www.blinkoncrime.com
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »

wasnt a large # of guns found, in dad car after he shot LE,wonder what this guy is into
and if his vac. and MT. houses have been searched

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #671 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »

i just wanted to post this response to a poster that blink wrote on her site in regards to david durham...i thought it was interesting..

"His home or grounds to his home I should say, were searched like most prior to this incident, it was searched by warrant after. He was not at work Friday, and had been people for a month he was facing arrest, nobody knows why.
B"

www.blinkoncrime.com
Thank-you, not to be mean but I doubt David knew why either, by what is out there to read about this man, he is very paranoid and delusional. Personally I don't think he has anything to do with this case, but then again I guess that I won't be surprised if he does.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: February 03, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=26455

False Rumor Regarding Arrest of Suspect David Durham
Posted: Wednesday, Feb 2nd, 2011

The following news release is being distributed at the request of Lincoln City Police Department:

A rumor surfaced within the media that David Durham, wanted for the shooting of Lincoln City Police Officer Steve Dodds on January 23, 2011, had turned himself in to Salem Police Department. That rumor is verified as false and the suspect's whereabouts is still unknown.

Lincoln City Police Department and the Lincoln County Major Crime Team continue to pursue all leads and tips. Anyone with information that could help in locating Durham is asked to call their local 9-1-1 center or Lincoln City Police at (541) 994-3636.

www.oregon.gov/OSP
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #673 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »

I know that I am sounding like a broken record, but if people would search the beginning of the Kyron threads on SM, they will find TONS of info on the very topics that they are interested in now.  The truck, the roads, the maps.  Tons. 

There were so many monkeys that were looking at things. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #674 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »

B"

www.blinkoncrime.com

Could someone please interpret what Blink has written  here?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: February 03, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »

I can't find the link where the person is complaining about LE not getting back to the witnesses...

I sure do wish I knew whose gray truck that is that we see Kyron in. 

Complete coverage of the Kyron Horman investigation
Published: 6/04/2010 8:18 pm
Last Update: 10/04/2010 6:53 am

<snipped>

Also Sunday, a man who asked not to be shown on camera, expressed his frustration about the Kyron Horman tipline.

“Chas” said he has called the tip line twice, but hadn’t heard back. He was concerned other people’s tips, like his, were not checked on.

Chas said he saw Terri Horman the day Kyron mysteriously vanished.

“I was on my way to work, driving down Highway 30,” said “Chas.”

It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman.

“I didn't really think anything of it, obviously at that time there was no reason to.”

“Chas” said he's been following Kyron's disappearance since day 1, and when police released the flier asking the public to come forward with any information if they had seen Terri Horman or the white truck the day Kyron disappeared. That's when “Chas” remembered back to June 4th and called the tip line.

“The next day, I called again, and gave a little bit more detailed information because in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe I didn't give enough information."

Now 10 days later, “Chas” was left feeling a little frustrated.

"How many other people made tips and it's just not getting paid attention to. I don't feel like my tip is the breaker of the case, or anything like that, but it might be one piece of the puzzle that should maybe help."

<snipped>

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terri-wants-money-to-move-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #676 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »

Thanks, Tamikosmom.   

However, this is not the incident I was thinking of.  (Unfortunately there are several wherein LE did not immediately respond.)

The witness sighting I am thinking of was never public knowledge (in that it wasn't covered by the press.)  It involved the island residents who witnessed the car chase between the truck (color varies I heard both grey and black) and the red mustang the morning of June 4.

The islanders reported the chase to authorities who took at least a day to get back to them (though if I remember right it was much longer than a day...perhaps even a week or longer).  When the FBI or LE finally did respond, I'm pretty sure they told the residents not to discuss it further.

I know this because I talked to the person who posted online that they were furious that LE had not responded to this.  I just can't find the post.  It's on the same forum, probably, that the car chase posting is, though, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your work.
 an angelic monkey

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #677 on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »

Sassi,
Thanks so much for the addresses!

And CW, great maps!  Also, very helpful to have a county map, at last.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #678 on: February 03, 2011, 12:15:16 PM »

B"

www.blinkoncrime.com

Could someone please interpret what Blink has written  here?

HelloKitty,

I'll make an attempt...IMO, Blink is saying that Durham lived on Sauvie Island within the grid search of one or more of the many searchs that have been performed on SI wrt Kyron; that Durham's home - or at the very least the grounds around his home - have been previously searched during the searches wrt Kyron. 

Then, after the shooting incident, Durham's home was searched in completion of a search warrant.

In additon, he didn't show up for work that Friday that the shooting incident took place (note: my words - he didn't show up for work but he went to a party at a friend's house later that same day).  And...Durham had been telling people for the past month that he expected to get arrested (we've read that before...can't recall now if it was his brother and/or his ex-girlfriend that said it).

I have no idea whether or not Durham is guilty of anything to do with Kyron...but...considering for a minute that he might be, with all the searches on SI, then renewed search back in October, early November (before the rainly season set in), it's possible that would create an increasing fear (paranoia) that police were closing in on him.  Very in his neighborhood and not going away. 

What seems to be lacking....or at least not disclosed at this point...is why didn't family/friends ask Durham "why" he expected police to arrest him and what was Durham's response.

Even if he's not guily of anything to do with Kyron, Durham has sealed his fate by shooting a police officer and, yes, the police are definately looking to arrest him.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #679 on: February 03, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »

Sassi,

Which address of DAD's is the one on Sauvie?

I don't think he's related to this case, necessarily, but as Rose CG said, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he is!

The two ends of Highway 26 with two Salmonberry Roads are confusing... didn't the witness who said a grey truck had pulled out in front of him with a boy matching Kyron's description inside the cab (June 5), mention the county he was in?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.