April 30, 2024, 03:28:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308135 times)
MeeMaw
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: February 05, 2011, 04:35:49 AM »

Yes, it looks like Sauvie has some really steep ravines, somehow, I thought is was more park like.

While in Portland on a recent business trip, a friend and I made a visit to Sauvie Island. We drove some of the roads there. Some long and curvey. Some straight. Overall, the island is quite flat, however, extremely overgrown with wild ferns, bushes and shrubs of various sizes and tons of blackberry bushes. We could see areas which had been semi-cleared, possibly at some point areas which have been searched. We drove down this one road and stopped at a bird watching area. Walked down a gravel road, I'd say about half a mile or less, which led to a pavillion with picnic tables. It was an eery site and feeling. Could hear large bull frogs croaking, many birds and it was windy so could hear various sounds from the wind mixed with trees and bushes.

One thing which sure stood out, was old tree growth. There were many old, large tree stumps, left hollowed and covered in bright green moss. My first thought was, how easy it would be to place a small person in to one of these stumps and cover it with something. Could be anything. Gravel, dirt/mud, branches, leaves or mixture of all. Not a good thought, obviously. Just has been on my mind and can't seem to shake it. A hiding spot such as this, would be quick. Sure hope SAR is looking into areas such as this. Thoughts?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: February 05, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »

Full transcript of last nights Nancy Grace show:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/04/ng.02.html

Disappearance of Second-Grader Kyron Horman

Aired February 4, 2011 - 21:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Vanished into thin air.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Look for her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We just need to kind her.

GRACE: So many cases --

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re still looking.

GRACE: -- so few leads.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Missing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Missing.

GRACE: Missing person.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s our duty to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Missing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The witness had seen the suspect on NANCY GRACE.

GRACE: There is a God.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The NANCY GRACE show was out there for us.

GRACE: Found alive.

Fifty people, 50 days, 50 nights.

Let`s don`t give up.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He has a great sense of humor and he loves to laugh. And he`s just a great kid.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE (voice-over): His disappearance sparked the largest missing persons search in Oregon`s history. More than 155 acres have been scoured to find Kyron Horman, the bespeckled boy last seen on June 4, 2010.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: "Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly will God unroll the canvass and explain the reason why."

KAINE HORMAN, KYRON`S FATHER: I saw him the day of the science fair that morning, and gave each other a couple big hugs, and just told him to have a great day at the fair and enjoy presenting his project to everybody.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: One of the last known images of Kyron taken the day of his disappearance shows him smiling standing next to his science fair project on tree frogs. That photo was taken by his stepmother. She told the police she last saw the boy walking toward his classroom at Skyline Elementary School. But the second-grader never made it there.

HORMAN: The bus driver looked at us and told us that he wasn`t on the bus today. So we figured, well, he must still be waiting for us at the school, so she called the school on her cell phone, and that`s when we found out he hadn`t been there all day.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And what went through your mind?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Panic.

((snipped - much more at the link above))
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:10 PM »

Interesting post on the front page of SM.  Likely no truth to it but interesting none the less:

Kathy
2011/02/05 at 1:00 pm

I tried to post the question about David Durham being Dee Dee Spicher’s cousin to the Oregon Tribune and it was instantly rejected:

The initial status of the comment is ‘REJECTED’.Reason: ‘Rejected for containing prohibited text: \’ Spic\’\n’ The text of the comment is as follows: “Did I read somewhere that David Durham is the cousin of Dee Dee Spicher who she played with during childhood summers on the family property within the new Kryon-target search area? Could there be some connection?” BASED ON SOME OF THE WORDS YOU USED THIS COMMENT WAS REJECTED BY THE SYSTEM.If you believe this is a mistake, please contact the editor of the publication directly.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/01/31/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durham%E2%80%99s-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #823 on: February 05, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

Interesting post on the front page of SM.  Likely no truth to it but interesting none the less:

Kathy

I tried to post the question about David Durham being Dee Dee Spicher’s cousin to the Oregon Tribune and it was instantly rejected:

The initial status of the comment is ‘REJECTED’.Reason: ‘Rejected for containing prohibited text: \’ Spic\’\n’ The text of the comment is as follows: “Did I read somewhere that David Durham is the cousin of Dee Dee Spicher who she played with during childhood summers on the family property within the new Kryon-target search area? Could there be some connection?” BASED ON SOME OF THE WORDS YOU USED THIS COMMENT WAS REJECTED BY THE SYSTEM.If you believe this is a mistake, please contact the editor of the publication directly.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/01/31/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durham%E2%80%99s-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/

Now wouldn't that be something!!!
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #824 on: February 05, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »

Kathy

I don't know Klaas. There may be some truth to it. I'm not going to discount it.

I made this post on Blink yesterday, in reply to Blinks response to my post. It is still in moderation. Has been for almost 24 hours.

David has ties to Clackamas County indirectly as well.
B

I believe, IIRC, the other was Washington county.

http://oregon.hometownlocator.com/or/clackamas/

Clackamas County has a total of 123 towns within the county. (eek!)

http://www.countymapsoregon.com/aaallor.shtml

The cities within Clackamas County are: Beaver Creek, Canby, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Molalla, Oak Grove, Oregon City, Redland, Sandy, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville.

http://www.co.clackamas.or.us/about.htm

There are 2 cities that cover both Clackamas and Washington counties.

Tualitan and Rivergrove

Is that correct?  I think you know where I'm going with this. I could be wrong, but at least I'm going somewhere! Smile

Then you posted the above from SM page. I sure wouldn't be surprised.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #825 on: February 05, 2011, 02:03:36 PM »

Are there any super researcher monkeys on here that can find out if this is true?  I think a route would be to use the brother's name to see about relatives as DAD doesn't seem to have any kind of a trail.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: February 05, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »

Are there any super researcher monkeys on here that can find out if this is true?  I think a route would be to use the brother's name to see about relatives as DAD doesn't seem to have any kind of a trail.

In one picture, it looked as if DAD had red hair. Does DeDe get her red hair from her mother's side or father's side of the family?
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: February 05, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »

"Durham's acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor on rural Sauvie Island in Portland and avid landscaper who was also a volunteer firefighter".

http://www.app.com/article/20110126/NEWS06/110126125/Manhunt-continues-suspect-Orgeon-cop-shooting

This kind of freaked me out. Anyone else know about this guy??
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: February 05, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »

"Durham's acquaintances knew him as a friendly neighbor on rural Sauvie Island in Portland and avid landscaper who was also a volunteer firefighter".

http://www.app.com/article/20110126/NEWS06/110126125/Manhunt-continues-suspect-Orgeon-cop-shooting

This kind of freaked me out. Anyone else know about this guy??

Yeah, all that was noted earlier (Sauvie Island, Landscaper and volunteer Firefighter).  His coworker in that article appears to work as a cook (according to her myspace).  I'm wondering if it was a restaurant or bar or something he was working at now.  Not sure if we already know that or not?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: February 05, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »

Okay....the coincidences are starting to pile up....two interesting posts from BOC by beejay. 
Now we know that Durham hurt his shoulder in "mid" June and was taking pain pills; now we also know that his brother, Michael, had a medical problem that was very "painful" in "mid" June (he wrote on June 22 of his medical problem a few days back = mid June).  What is going on here?

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/

beejay says:

February 5, 2011 at 9:58 am
Please forgive this sloppy post. I’m totally frustrated at the state of air travel across the country right now when I desperately want to get to my destination. Today, I think my bird will fly.

@ Madilu says:
February 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Madilu: There’s a good reason I don’t think Blink’s reporting was erroneous or sloppy when she gave us the long-withheld detail that “Chas” said he saw a child (Kyron??) in the white truck with the person with long red hair. When I saw it, I sent her a couple of PRIVATE MESSAGE posts asking her if it was a mistake that she needed to edit out of her article. I went on to let her know, in a public post here, that her “mistake” was getting posted by commenters in the MSM. Knowing she wouldn’t want her reputation harmed by that kind of thing.

She did NOT withdraw her claim about the child in the truck. So, that’s how I know it was intentional. And others here can tell you Blink doesn’t fabricate stuff.

As to whether “Chas” was correct, IDK. Was it Terri”? Was it even a woman? Was there a child in the truck? IDK. But the importance of Blink’s timing of her revelation is the thing to take from this. And she didn’t release the child detail till she reported on DAD–a person whom a passing driver could mistake for a redhaired woman, esp if DAD had his hair loose that day rather than ponytailed. DAD–a person who we now know had access to a white truck, and who lived close to and knew intimately all the roads and land from Sauvie Is to the new search spots. DAD–a man who has months believed LE and the FBI were closing in on him and we don’t know how much of that was reality-based as opposed to attributable to mental illness and/or use of multiple psychoactive drugs.

That’s why it’s important. And that’s the back story on why I (a self-professed skeptic) believe Blink’s reporting.

@MockingbirdSings: Did you read the article by the witnesses to Dodd’s shooting? They said he didn’t take off immediately. Sat in place a bit; then drove down the street, turned into a driveway and sat there a bit. Making a phone call to a fellow traveller or someone at his destination? IDK Seems now that he was never planning to return home (having gotten rid of a lot of his personal belongings); might have been trying to pass for military personnel (now that we know he had a patch on his shirt usually sewn on to identify military group) and perhaps had an unusually large or diverse cache of weapons in his vehicle(which LE won’t discuss).

Interestingly, FBI has his passport. Was it in his vehicle rather than on his person? Or did he leave it at home, since he didn’t plan to travel where he’d need it? One thought I have is that he was on a mission from which he never planned to return–alive–not wanting to face imprisonment, since he’d committed a crime (before he shot Dodds) that he knew he was being investigated for. That made him nervous and lead to increased use of various substances to ease his anxiety. OR, he was just nuts. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The FBI info shows all his charges. LE has “thrown the book at him”!

@MidwestMom: are you the one who asked about the photographer/security guy w/ redhaired wife jailed by MCSO? Whoever asked, name is Rian Smith (a/k/a Ryan Smith).

With any luck, today I can be on the move again. TY so much to everyone for the well-wishes. I never travel away from home without a highly-trusted, very skilled “body guard” or two. Who also have electronics skills since mine are so very limited.

I’m just so distressed that DAD may elude LE. Good luck to all in your efforts. It’s gonna take us all, looking for the smallest thing in every place because there’s a good chance they’ll never find physical evidence and will have to try it “nobody”, if they try it at all.

beejay says:
February 5, 2011 at 10:40 am
Here’s the link to Michael’s “immobilized” comment last June. His response is under screen name of Oregon Wild”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5ELkNDVUCDAJ:oregonwild.blogspot.com/2010/06/knocked-down.html+michael+durham+“immobilized”+June+2010&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

IDK if google cache links come up for everyone, so here’s part of his post:

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Knocked Down
I made a silent pledge to myself that this section of my website would be updated everyday for at least a year. It is an exercise in discipline as well as an excuse to show some of my latest images.

The last few days have really knocked me off my feet, as I have been forced to deal with an unexpected medical problem. I am okay, but feeling a lot of pain. The details are beyond boring, but I should be back in action in a week or less. Full recovery is expected.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: February 05, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »

FWIW - posted on the Anti Terri Horman FB (I'm guessing from the SoCal forum):

Michael Scott
That might be changing as SoCal has been insinuating strongly on her blog that something was found on Thursday during a search. She claims to have talked to 2 SAR people. She claims to have had inside LE information all along and that the p...olice have strong evidence that Terri and Dee Dee killed Kyron the day he went missing. All the people that post on her blog have changed their avatars to candles so it seems that something is up. I hope she's wrong as I have had great doubts about them being involved. I have doubted SolCal
and her insistence that she is very close to LE but we will see.See More
57 minutes ago

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Anti-Terri-Horman-Page-Were-back/146891125360323
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: February 05, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »

Puzzler I read through the blog, he speaks about the "health problem" a few times after that. He never says what it is though that was the matter, didn't want to bore the reader with details. He used this as an excuse to not post everyday, yet there are a lot of posts made after that and he was traveling. I think there were some postings from WA state and also a trip to Idaho on June 24th.

His pics are so awesome though. The pics of the bats are so cool. I like his pics very much.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »

Puzzler I read through the blog, he speaks about the "health problem" a few times after that. He never says what it is though that was the matter, didn't want to bore the reader with details. He used this as an excuse to not post everyday, yet there are a lot of posts made after that and he was traveling. I think there were some postings from WA state and also a trip to Idaho on June 24th.

His pics are so awesome though. The pics of the bats are so cool. I like his pics very much.

Sorry the post about the trip to Idaho and taking a break is on Saturday June 26th. My bad.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: February 05, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Desiree-3/133864036644663

Desiree Davidson Young Thank you all for your support and prayers. I am in debt to you all forever. It's time to bring Kyron home. 8 months today, extremely painful. Let's bring him home.
17 hours ago

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #834 on: February 05, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »

Yes, his pictures are awesome!  Bats make me think of caves.  I'm sure Michael has shared his adventures with his family...wonder if DAD is hiding out in some cave somewhere.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: February 05, 2011, 06:07:07 PM »

Desiree Davidson Young Thank you all for your support and prayers. I am in debt to you all forever. It's time to bring Kyron home. 8 months today, extremely painful. Let's bring him home.
17 hours ago

How sad.  Yes, it is time to bring Kyron home.  I really hope it's soon.  It seems like Desiree is ready for the worst now - tragic.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: February 05, 2011, 06:10:06 PM »

Is DeDe's mom's maiden name known or DAD's mom's?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #837 on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »

Just how did David Durham escape?

http://www.thenewsguard.com/news/article_5ab59ad8-2e58-11e0-85ec-001cc4c002e0.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: February 05, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »

17 hours ago

How sad.  Yes, it is time to bring Kyron home.  I really hope it's soon.  It seems like Desiree is ready for the worst now - tragic.

I read an interesting post somewhere, I think it was blinks site, anyway remember we had talked about Desiree using the word "excited" to describe here feelings about the search? Well it was commented that it can be a valid emotion because they are getting the child back.
I was thinking about that and it makes sense to me. For months now she has not known where her son is so obviously that question would be answered but so would the need she carries as his mother to care for her child, even if it was his grave. I think their must be some kind of satisfaction in knowing there would be a place to go to visit him, to care for him, to know where he is and that nobody could hurt him anymore. As a mom I think I can understand that. I know as a daughter I feel comfort when I visit my mothers grave that there is a place I can once again be near her.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: February 05, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

Following the shooting of a police officer ... three patrol vehicles were in persuit of David Durham and ... yet he still escaped.

If this situation did not warrant the use of firearms by police ... what does.

Janet

+++++

Thursday, January 27, 2011
Suspect who fled into Ore. woods avid outdoorsman

<snipped>

On Sunday night, Dodds pulled over a 1984 Dodge truck driven by a man police believe to be Durham on a coastal highway. A dashboard camera video hasn't been released, but at some point during the encounter, Dodds, 45, was shot more than once.

Dodds managed to call in the shooting to dispatchers despite his wounds.

Durham sped south on Highway 101, with the Pacific Ocean less than 200 yards to his right and the thick beginnings of the Siuslaw National Forest on his left.

Though three cars were in pursuit of Durham, he managed to climb out of the truck and, dressed in full green camouflage, escape into the woods. His dog Huckleberry followed him but apparently became separated from him and was found Wednesday.

Inside the truck, police found weapons. They've refused to say how many or what kind.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/suspect-who-fled-into-816066.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.