April 30, 2024, 02:52:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #41 1/18/11 - 2/07/11  (Read 308123 times)
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #900 on: February 06, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »

Here is mention of Shaw Island in san juan. Thought I would back up what I read.
 http://oregonwild.blogspot.com/2010/04/skipping-rocks.html

April 18, 2010
Skipping Rocks
I have been teaching my daughter how to skip rocks at Tryon Creek. The location is not ideal, but there are  lots fabulous flat rocks to skip across the water. I spent hours of my youth perfecting my technique - mostly in the calm bays off of Shaw Island in the San Juans. Practice makes perfect, and these days I can usually skip a single stone seven or eight times.

There are a lot of small Islands in The San Juan Islands(off Washington Coast, Anacortes) that are also uncharted but inhabited by a few. My grand parents were caretakers on Center Island many,many,many years ago. Good place to get lost, lots of Vacation homes etc.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #901 on: February 06, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »

FWIW, IMO, no matter what is going on with David, the fact that he shot a policeman twice and left him for all intents and purposes dead, and that he shot toward a fisherman, and that he further shot at other policemen, all this makes David a dangerous and deadly man on the run.  You don't have to be mentally ill to shoot at a policemen.  Being afraid of being arrested would cause something like that to happen.

The man was afraid he was going to get arrested.  He told family and friends this was going to happen.  He was trying to ease the shock to them for when it did.  This had nothing to do with shooting a cop.  The shooting came much later after telling everyone he was going to be arrested.

David did somthing bad.  I have no idea if it is involved with Kyron in any way.  But...he did something bad.  He knew he was going to be arrested.  He was selling his stuff, readying himself to leave the area.  Leave a loving family and lots of friends.  Drastic.  This guy has done something bad. 

I do suspicion that all the searches on SI in throughout the summer and even into October and November, put the fear in him that they were coming after him.  But why?  Those searches were for Kyron.

This guy really does not want to be caught, has great fear of it, and has proven that he won't be taken without a deadly fight.
This does not bode well for the ending.  I so want him to be captured "alive".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: February 06, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »

I've gone back ... and back ... and back ... and finally decided just to ask.

What does David Durham have to do with Kyron's disappearance?  I'm so lost. 

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: February 06, 2011, 03:41:10 PM »

FWIW - my sister had a pancreatitis attack several months ago.  She was given a small dose of Ativan a couple of times a day.  She went into a psychotic state and they didn't know why.  Extreme agitation, talking to invisible people, complete loss of perception as to everything. She was sent home after the the pancreatitis was under control, but ended up back in the hospital as the effects of the Ativan continued to wear on her, causing extreme insomnia and behavior quite unlike her.   
It took them several weeks to tie the psychosis to the Ativan and wean her off of it.  The psychosis then reversed.  Ativan is a commonly used medicine & that's a rare side effect, but it does happen, as I saw first-hand. 
Vicodin and similar pain meds also have the potential for that same rare side effect of toxic psychosis.

Buds Girl - TY for sharing your experience.  Drugs can do bad things to some people.  It's all in how it interacts.  David's family can express the differences they saw in him ...not good differences...why didn't someone challenge his meds?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #904 on: February 06, 2011, 03:42:13 PM »

Hi Puzzler,
When I did a white pages search of DAD, it came up that he had a relative named Walter. I thought it might be the father, but he has been deceased for many many years. Who knows, maybe a uncle?

You're probably...Walter is probably the brother.  (William was just a suggestion I was throwing in the mix.)

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #905 on: February 06, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »

The San Juan that he refers to are the San Juan islands by Washington state.  Shaw is one of the islands.  I imagine one of the more familiar islands is Orcas Island.

Certainly the wrong way if one is going to California.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #906 on: February 06, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »

Here is mention of Shaw Island in san juan. Thought I would back up what I read.
 http://oregonwild.blogspot.com/2010/04/skipping-rocks.html

April 18, 2010
Skipping Rocks
I have been teaching my daughter how to skip rocks at Tryon Creek. The location is not ideal, but there are  lots fabulous flat rocks to skip across the water. I spent hours of my youth perfecting my technique - mostly in the calm bays off of Shaw Island in the San Juans. Practice makes perfect, and these days I can usually skip a single stone seven or eight times.

His photography is exquisite!

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #907 on: February 06, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »

I have not been to the islands for 10 years, but I am sure that a stranger would stick out like a sore thumb at this time of year.  (the San Juan's)

Unless he would have insider information, he would not know what homes were uninhabited.  He would also need a car to get around.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: February 06, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »

All I'm saying is the Salmonberry River is towards the west COAST of Oregon and Salmonberry Rd is on the east side of Portland.  Salmonberry River and Salmonberry Road are nowhere near each other except that they are both in Oregon. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: February 06, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »

The San Juan that he refers to are the San Juan islands by Washington state.  Shaw is one of the islands.  I imagine one of the more familiar islands is Orcas Island.

Certainly the wrong way if one is going to California.

That's correct.  San Juan and Shaw Island are at the northern border of Washington State near Canada.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: February 06, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »

Okay - So the guy flipped out - shot a LEO - in the general area of the State of Oregon that Kyron disappeared from?  Can someone just tell me if that's all there is to this thread of thought?  I'm not getting it at all.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: February 06, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »

Okay - So the guy flipped out - shot a LEO - in the general area of the State of Oregon that Kyron disappeared from?  Can someone just tell me if that's all there is to this thread of thought?  I'm not getting it at all.

He is an avid landscaper (still not unusual for Oregon)
He lives on Sauvie Island and he has property near the recent search area
He's been acting funny for months
He was let go as a volunteer fireman for Sauvie Island back near June or July due to his behavior I believe
He has long hair that could be called reddish in some photos
He drives what appears to be a white dodge SUV that looks alot like a white truck with a camper shell.

All that said, I don't necessarily see the tie to this case. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: February 06, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264?ref=ts

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: February 06, 2011, 04:56:37 PM »

GREAT shot!  One I haven't seen before...TY!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

I hadn't seen it before either Puzzler
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: February 06, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: February 06, 2011, 05:01:51 PM »

Looks like they were doing something "fun".  Big parking deck in background, them on a bus...maybe a theme park.  Looks like a different area, too, as I see palm trees in the background.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: February 06, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »

Looks like they were doing something "fun".  Big parking deck in background, them on a bus...maybe a theme park.  Looks like a different area, too, as I see palm trees in the background.

Oh...just thought...could this have been Hawaii?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: February 06, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »

Here's one of the same day ...I cut it out of the background to use in a Birthday card. Still looking for the original. There were several pictures of that day.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: February 06, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »

Here's one most people have not seen probably. With his dog. At his mom's.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.