April 27, 2024, 11:01:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phylicia Barnes 16, Monroe, NC missing Baltimore, Md 12/28/10(Found Deceased)  (Read 64469 times)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« on: January 02, 2011, 02:33:03 PM »

'God's gonna get you,' missing teen's mom says to whoever took daughter

By Dedrick Russell - bio l email

MONROE, NC (WBTV) - A Monroe teen who was visiting family for the holidays in Baltimore, Maryland, has been declared missing by Baltimore police.

Phylicia Simone Barnes, 16, was last seen at an apartment building on the northwestern outskirts of Baltimore, near Pikesville, at 2:30 p.m. on Dec 28.

According to the Baltimore Police Department, detectives and family members are extremely concerned for her well-being.

"My daughter has disappeared." Janice Sallis said.  "It's like she has vanished into thin air, and no one knows where she's at. Somebody knows where she's at, and I'm telling you right now, God's gonna get you."

There was a report the missing teen was spotted at a Baltimore shelter Thursday night, but that tip was inaccurate.  It was a case of mistaken identity.   The mother says that upsets her.

"All of these false leads make me feel and believe," The missing teen's mother said. "The actual culprit is trying to throw law enforcement and the media off. Someone has taken my baby against her will. This is not her character."

Phylicia's father agrees.  Russell Barnes doesn't believe his daughter just went off on her on.

"This is no runaway," The missing teen's father Russell Barnes said.  "This is no child that's just having a bad day or bad night.  We don't feel she's done fell in love cause she's not in that character."

Police say there have been no sightings of the teen.  They admit they desperately need help from the community.

"We are getting a little concerned here," Baltimore Police Officer Anthony Guglielmi said.  "That it's now approaching three days. We have contacted the Maryland State Police blood hounds Unit.  We have also notified the Baltimore police homicide section."

"If she's alive," the mom said.  "She's scared to death. For anyone who gets joy out of that, must be a sick, perverted individual."

Barnes is a senior at Union Academy High School.  Students return back to class on Monday.  Counselors will be on hand to help students cope with this ordeal.

A page, "Pray for Phylicia Barnes", has been created on Facebook. (Click here to visit page)

Baltimore Police will send detectives back to the place Phylisia was last seen to see if they can generate any leads.  Police are offering a $2500 reward for any leads that will help.

Edit to add link per SuzieQ.  MB
 http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13760032
Edit to add "Found Deceased" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:43:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »

Forgot the link

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13760032

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:15:51 PM »

Cell phone still on? Not familiar with city but okay for her to step out and get a bite?  Sounds like they might want to stay close to home or the building fam lives in for this one.  I hope she's just lost and someone can find her.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/baltimore_city/vigil-held-for-missing-nc-teenager

video at site.

Vigil held for missing NC teenager

Posted: 01/02/2011

BALTIMORE - Family and friends gathered together Saturday night in hopes that prayers will help find a missing teenage girl and return her safely.

Phylicia Barnes was visiting friends in Baltimore last week, when she disappeared Tuesday, December 28.

Police still have no leads on her whereabouts, however, do not suspect any foul play in her disappearance.

Phylicia is unfamiliar with the area and doesn't know very many people.

Phylicia's mother, Janice Sallis, says that the pain of missing her daughter is worse than labor pains.

Her pain is not only mentally exhausting but also physically.

Phylicia's father, Russell Barnes, is hoping that his prayers will join that of others to bring her home safely.

Both parents say that they appreciate everything everyone is doing, but Janice is hoping that police treat this case as if they were looking for the president's daughter, because Phylicia is her baby and she loves her.

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of Phylica Barnes please contact the Missing Person Unit at 443-984-7385, Northwestern Police District at 410-396-2466 or 911.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:36 AM »

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=154094&catid=57

NC Teen Missing Since Holiday Visit To Baltimore
 Chelsi Zash    Created:  1/3/2011 6:24:35 AM  Updated: 1/3/2011 8:09:13 AM

Baltimore, MD -- A vigil was held this weekend in Baltimore, Maryland for a missing teenager.

Baltimore police are asking for the public's help in finding 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes. The teenage from Monroe, NC vanished last Tuesday.

She was visiting relatives in northwest Baltimore for the holidays. She was last seen at an apartment building complex on Eberly Drive.

Barnes' family, friends and classmates also gathered in her hometown to pray for her safe return.

Her mother arrived in Baltimore late night. She says her daughter is an honor roll student who would never run away.

"I know she's traumatized right now. She's scared out of her mind right now. She's a little innocent girl who does not do any wrong to anybody," her mother said.

"This is no runaway. This is no child that's just having a bad day or bad night. We don't feel she's done fell in love cause she's not in that character," the teen's father, Russel Barnes, said.

Police brought search dogs to the apartment complex where the teen was last seen. but relatives say the dogs lost Phylicia Barnes' scent in the parking lot.

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Police-believe-missing-teen-was-abducted-112810989.html

Police believe missing teen was abducted

by BEN NUCKOLS / Associated Press
BEN NUCKOLS / Associated Press
Posted on January 3, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Updated today at 4:06 PM

BALTIMORE (AP) -- A North Carolina teenager is missing after visiting relatives in Baltimore for the holidays, and police suspect foul play.

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes was reported missing on the afternoon of Dec. 28. There's been no sign of her since, and she hasn't answered her cell phone. Guglielmi says detectives believe Barnes may have been abducted, in part because of items she left at her half-sister's apartment. He says it's possible she's been taken out of state.

Barnes is from Monroe, N.C., about 25 miles southeast of Charlotte. Her mother, Janice Sallis, says Barnes is a straight-A student who's on track to graduate early from a charter school and is already applying to colleges.

Sallis says her daughter was visiting her three older half-siblings, who live in Baltimore.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/26353445/detail.html

video at link

Police Suspect Foul Play In Teen's Disappearance
Phylicia Barnes, From N.C., Was Visiting Relatives In Baltimore
POSTED: 1:26 pm EST January 3, 2011
UPDATED: 3:07 pm EST January 3, 2011

BALTIMORE -- City police said Monday they fear foul play in the disappearance of a North Carolina teen who went missing while spending Christmas break with relatives in Baltimore.

Phylicia Barnes, 16, was reported missing on Dec. 28. Investigators said she disappeared from the Reisterstown Square Apartments in the 6500 block of Eberle Drive, an area that is now awash in fliers with her picture.

Barnes had a scheduled flight to North Carolina on Monday morning which she did not take.

Police said Barnes, who is from Monroe, N.C., has no history of criminal activity or running away from family.

"Detectives are growing increasingly concerned with this disappearance and now suspect foul play, possibly abduction," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in an e-mail. "Investigators have no leads."

Guglielmi said city police are seeking national assistance in the case.

"It is likely that she may have been taken outside the state of Maryland," Guglielmi said.

The Baltimore City Police Department's homicide section is investigating. 

On Saturday, family and friends gathered to support each other and plea for the honor roll student's safe return.

"I know she's traumatized right now. She's scared out of her mind right now. She's a little innocent girl who does not do any harm to anyone," said the girl's mother, Janice Stallings.

When last seen, Barnes was wearing a navy pea coat with a hood, blue jeans, a turquoise shirt and white slippers.

The waiting and worrying is taking a toll on the family.

"My family is not sleeping. My family is not eating," said Barnes' father, Russell Barnes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Baltimore City Police Department.

Stay with WBALTV.com and WBAL-TV 11 News for updates

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Police-believe-missing-Monroe-teen-might-have-been-abducted-112839959.html

Police: Missing teen might have been abducted

by ANN SHERIDAN / NewsChannel 36
Bio | Email| Follow: @AnnSheridan
WCNC.com
Posted on January 4, 2011

Missing teen's case now turned over to homicide division

BALTIMORE -- Police in Baltimore are adding manpower to their investigation, hoping to find a missing Monroe teenager who they fear might have been abducted.   

Phylicia Barnes was visting a sister in the Baltimore area last week when police say she vanished.

"She has not logged on to the Internet, Facebook, used her cell phone, this entire incident," said Baltimore Police Officer Anthony Guglielmi.

Guglielmi said investigators believe Barnes might have been abducted and taken out of state.  They are still hopeful the 16-year-old honor student is alive.

"We suspect foul play.  She's an attractive, articulate young woman and we're not ruling out abduction," he said.

Barnes' classmates at Union Academy held a vigil Monday.  "We just ask you Lord to keep her in the palm of your hand.  We have faith you'll return her to us reall soon Lord," said one of Barnes' friends during the vigil.  The students are also raising money to help with the family's travel expenses.

The Monroe teen's mother is now in Baltimore.  Janice Sallis told us she thought Barnes' older sister would take care of her younger sister.

"She knows how protective I am," said Sallis.  "I went to her last week and said 'you deceived me in every aspect.  You promised me it would be you and her and then I find out that you gave police a list you had of 20 different guys going in and out of that apartment,'" she said through tears and rage.

Police in Baltimore say they've interviewed everyone who had contact with Barnes, but don't have a suspect or a person of interest.  They plan to keep interviewing those who saw Barnes last week, but did tell us they believe the teenager might still be alive.

2 4 1
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Police-believe-missing-Monroe-teen-might-have-been-abducted-112839959.html

Police: Missing teen might have been abducted

by ANN SHERIDAN / NewsChannel 36
Bio | Email| Follow: @AnnSheridan
WCNC.com
Posted on January 4, 2011

Missing teen's case now turned over to homicide division

BALTIMORE -- Police in Baltimore are adding manpower to their investigation, hoping to find a missing Monroe teenager who they fear might have been abducted.   

Phylicia Barnes was visting a sister in the Baltimore area last week when police say she vanished.

"She has not logged on to the Internet, Facebook, used her cell phone, this entire incident," said Baltimore Police Officer Anthony Guglielmi.

Guglielmi said investigators believe Barnes might have been abducted and taken out of state.  They are still hopeful the 16-year-old honor student is alive.

"We suspect foul play.  She's an attractive, articulate young woman and we're not ruling out abduction," he said.

Barnes' classmates at Union Academy held a vigil Monday.  "We just ask you Lord to keep her in the palm of your hand.  We have faith you'll return her to us reall soon Lord," said one of Barnes' friends during the vigil.  The students are also raising money to help with the family's travel expenses.

The Monroe teen's mother is now in Baltimore.  Janice Sallis told us she thought Barnes' older sister would take care of her younger sister.

"She knows how protective I am," said Sallis.  "I went to her last week and said 'you deceived me in every aspect.  You promised me it would be you and her and then I find out that you gave police a list you had of 20 different guys going in and out of that apartment,'" she said through tears and rage.

Police in Baltimore say they've interviewed everyone who had contact with Barnes, but don't have a suspect or a person of interest.  They plan to keep interviewing those who saw Barnes last week, but did tell us they believe the teenager might still be alive.

20 different guys! Yikes!   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »

4:49 p.m. EST, January 4, 2011
FBI joins hunt for N.C. teen who went missing from Baltimore
Police fear girl was a victim of foul play; detectives search Leakin Park

Baltimore police on Tuesday launched an extensive search and investigation into the disappearance of a 16-year-old girl, involving an elite FBI team and more than 100 officers who scoured a secluded city park for hours.

Authorities all but ended their search in Leakin Park around dusk, having found no signs of a body or clues to the whereabouts of Phylicia Simone Barnes of North Carolina, who had been visiting her older sister in Northwest Baltimore when she apparently vanished the afternoon of Dec. 28.

Detectives suspect foul play and have said it's a possible the teen was abducted and taken out of state. But a police spokesman told reporters Tuesday that the grim theory is based solely on the amount of time that has elapsed without uncovering a shred of information on her whereabouts.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-missing-teen-baltimore-20110104,0,2597415.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »

lovely child..
this is very sad..just saw her mother on JVM..I wasn't going to get involved in another missing child thread for a while..but it tugs at my heart each and every time..
I hope that she is found alive..I pray that she is found..
why so many guys in and out of that apartment? mom also said that sister allowed Phylicia to smoke marijuana and to drink alcohol...how are the sisters related to Phylicia, as in half sisters? through mom or through the father? I am guessing through the father, who must be mom's present husband? or through bio father? bio Dad ( I assume) did not say a word on the show..

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »

lovely child..
this is very sad..just saw her mother on JVM..I wasn't going to get involved in another missing child thread for a while..but it tugs at my heart each and every time..
I hope that she is found alive..I pray that she is found..
why so many guys in and out of that apartment? mom also said that sister allowed Phylicia to smoke marijuana and to drink alcohol...how are the sisters related to Phylicia, as in half sisters? through mom or through the father? I am guessing through the father, who must be mom's present husband? or through bio father? bio Dad ( I assume) did not say a word on the show..

I didn't understand until tonight that it was half sisterS and not just one. It was said the apartment was basically a "flop house" for students and the doors weren't locked. The mom thinks one of the 20 men in the house took Philicia and she didn't leave on her own.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 06:50:45 AM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13782424
Internet tipster offers new locations to search for missing NC teen in Baltimore
Posted: Jan 04, 2011 3:21 PM CST Updated: Jan 05, 2011 5:27 AM CST
MONROE, NC (WBTV) – An internet tipster has offered 3 additional locations for Baltimore Police to search for Phylicia Barnes, the 16 year old girl from Monroe who went missing in Baltimore last week.

The tipster left a new comment Tuesday afternoon on the Baltimore Sun web article covering the search for Barnes saying, "The only reason I said to look in the 4000 block of Franklintown Road is because if someone disappears on the westside, that is ground zero of where they're going to be found."

The 4000 block of Franklintown Road in Baltimore is part of Leakin Park, where dozens of police cadets, homicide detectives and FBI agents searched for hours Tuesday after an initial comment on the Sun page said to look there.

Police suspended the search at dusk Tuesday night after finding no sign of Barnes, 16.

The new comment on the Sun article, left by 'Cham101,' went on to name locations on Winterbourne Road, Wetheredsville Road, and a bridge near Franklintown Road in Baltimore for police to search because, "these are easy drop points for bodies and many many bodies have been found at these sites."

During a news conference early Tuesday afternoon, Baltimore Police Spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said the reason investigators chose to follow the first tip to Leakin Park is because the department is taking every tip as credible.

Detectives believe Barnes, who was reported missing on Dec. 28, may have been abducted.  Earlier this week, detectives said they thought Barnes' kidnappers might have taken her out of state.  Click to read related story.

Guglielmi told WBTV.com Tuesday night, detectives have located and interviewed the 27 year old ex-boyfriend of Barnes' half-sister. Guglielmi said the man is, "not considered at suspect or person of interest at this moment."

During a news conference Tuesday afternoon, Guglielmi said Baltimore Police Commissioner Fred Bealefeld FBI has now been called in to assist with the investigation.

Guglielmi said police were also investigating Leakin Park after receiving a tip via the Baltimore Sun newspaper.

Several officers assisted with the search including an entire academy class, cadaver K-9 dogs, search and seizure dogs, the Department of Natural Resources police, a helicopter and a dive team, Guglielmi said.

Guglielmi said the police department still has not had any contact with Barnes, and that there has been no indication that she has called her family back in North Carolina.

Police say, so far, seven search warrants have been executed in the investigation.  However, police say that nothing of significance to the case has been found in any of the search and seizure warrants.

Guglielmi said the homicide unit is "double-crossing the T's and dotting the I's" in this investigation.

"We're going over every shred of evidence that we already have, we're re-interviewing everybody we've interviewed, just to make sure we didn't miss anything," Guglielmi said.  "Now, with the help of the FBI, we're going to get some first-class technical assistance, as far as talking to the people who have last seen Phylicia, also looking at her Facebook account and going through the computer part of this with a fine-tooth comb."

Police say one warrant was for the residence which belongs to Barnes' stepsister.

Police said Barnes' half-sister has been extremely cooperative and that detectives have an extremely lengthy list of individuals who were in the apartment.  All of those individuals have been interviewed by homicide detectives.

"Detectives have been working around the clock, literally around the clock on this case, 20 detectives and they are [working on] shifts," Guglielmi said. "This is extremely high profile for us.  Every hour that passes, we get more and more concerned, and the police commissioner has authorized whatever resources necessary to find Ms. Barnes."

He said the police department is pleading for the media to publicize Phylicia's picture on every television screen across the Baltimore region in the event that this was an abduction.

Guglielmi said it was a special request by the police commissioner that the FBI be called into assist.

"They've been incredibly grateful to do that," he said.  "We're hoping they will help us get to a close here. And, I just want to be clear, there's been no communication from Ms. Barnes since she went missing on the afternoon of the 28th. And, it is very unlike her not to update her Facebook page, not to even turn on her cell phone to not try to access money to pay for things."

Barnes mother is devastated.  She returned to her home in Monroe from Baltimore Monday night.  She is greatly concerned.

"I wish I would be in her place," Barnes' mother Janice Sallis said.  "And she can be in my place."

As of Tuesday, police said they have no people of interest and no suspects in the case at this time.

"There's no reason for us to believe, besides the length of time that has elapsed, that anything terrible, meaning death, has happened to Ms. Barnes," Guglielmi said.  "We have no evidence of that as of yet. We're just going on the suspicious circumstances around the time frame."

Police say they are planning to re-interview everyone they have spoken to already, to make sure each story, each fact, each timeline, is consistent.

"We're going to run out every single lead that we get, whether it's through the media or we get it through the department directly, we're going to do everything we can to try to find Ms. Barnes," Guglielmi said.

At this point, the Baltimore Police Department says any tip they get that is credible will be checked out, and they urge anybody with information to contact the police department.

But the mother wants people who are calling in tips to have good information. She says she has been chasing bad leads while in Baltimore.

"This is very important," Sallis said.  "We need pertinent factual information. Nothing made up."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 06:53:06 AM »

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26372206/detail.html
Police Scour Leakin Park For Missing NC Teen
Phylicia Barnes, 16, Missing Since Last Tuesday In NW Baltimore
January 5, 2010

BALTIMORE -- Police spent hours searching a park in Baltimore on Tuesday in hopes of finding answers to the disappearance of 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes.

Officials said a comment about the search for Barnes, which was left on the Baltimore Sun website, propelled more than 100 investigators to scour the Leakin Park for nearly eight hours, but turned up nothing.

Public information officer Anthony Guglielmi said the tip, which said, "Humor me, somebody pop over to the 4000 block of Franklintown Road and look at the southward shoulder," was too specific that it left them no choice but to investigate.

Police later learned that the person who made the comment intended to make a suggestion based on the history of the area, Guglielmi said.

"Detectives have been working around the clock, literally around the clock on this case. (We have) 20 detectives in shifts. This is extremely high priority for us. Every hours that passes, we get more and more concerned," Guglielmi said.

Barnes, who was visiting from North Carolina, was last seen at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Reisterstown Square apartments in northwest Baltimore.

"It's very unlike her to not update her Facebook page, to not even turn on her cell phone, to not try to access money to pay for things. This is not the case of a runaway, and again as we said yesterday, we do suspect some kind of foul play," Guglielmi said.

The police official said the Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined in the search.

"We are going over every single shred of evidence that we've already had. We are re-interviewing everybody who we've already interviewed, just to make sure that we didn't miss anything," Guglielmi said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »

what a nightmare for this family.. How old are these sisters who Phylicia was staying with? 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »

I don't know, but imo....this case won't turn out well.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »

I don't know, but imo....this case won't turn out well.

I agree Nut..hope that we are both wrong..

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »

what a nightmare for this family.. How old are these sisters who Phylicia was staying with? 

From what was said last night on Nancy Grace Show, it seems that the apartment was visited by many college students, so I would think they were about that age.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »

I think they said the one was 26. I don't know about the other one.

2 4 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.