April 27, 2024, 08:31:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phylicia Barnes 16, Monroe, NC missing Baltimore, Md 12/28/10(Found Deceased)  (Read 64454 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »

FWIW - NG reported tonight that the half sister's ex boyfriend showed up at the police station and he is talking, whatever that means. Hopefully Phylicia will be with her family soon.

I saw that too. I wonder if this is the first time they have talked to him.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:59 AM »

thanks for the update Samarie

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/02/08/2044830/missing-teens-baltimore-relatives.html

Missing teen's Baltimore relatives recount last day
Half-siblings agonize over the whereabouts of Phylicia Barnes, visiting from Monroe.

By Beth Shayne
WCNC-TV
Posted: Tuesday, Feb. 08, 2011

BALTIMORE, Md. On the corkboard outside the homicide unit at the Baltimore Police Department, detectives have posted fliers with photos of the victims they are seeking justice for.

Among them you'll find a teenager in a pink shirt smiling in a self-portrait. Phylicia Barnes is officially listed as "Missing."

Sixteen-year-old Phylicia, a senior at Union Academy in Monroe, was last seen Dec. 28 at her half-sister's apartment in Baltimore. The teenager was there for her Christmas vacation, visiting her older half-siblings and other relatives in Baltimore. A child of divorced parents, she'd only recently reconnected with that part of her family.

"She actually found us on Facebook about two years ago," Kelly Barnes, a day care worker, explained.

"As soon as we got in contact with her, it was like a bond immediately," Deena Barnes, a pharmacy tech, said.

"It was our little sister, as soon as we met her," Bryan Barnes, a firefighter, added.

::snipping2::

Just after 1 p.m., Deena heard from her ex-boyfriend. The couple was in the midst of a breakup, and he was moving out of the apartment. He had a key, and texted that he was in the apartment and had noticed Phylicia's phone ringing. He told Deena she was asleep.

As the afternoon wore on, both sisters assumed that Phylicia had found other things to do. It wasn't until 6 p.m., when Deena arrived home from work, that she started to panic. She called her brother, her sister, and her ex. Phylicia wasn't with her siblings, and Deena's ex-boyfriend wasn't answering the phone.

After 7 p.m., she finally spoke to him. He said he'd left Phylicia asleep at 1:30 p.m.

Sgt. William Simmons of the Baltimore Police Department, does not consider either Deena or her ex a suspect in the case. "We have interviewed them both on multiple occasions," he said.

2 4 1
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »

Thanks for this latest article SuzieQ.  I can't shake the feeling that there is a whole lot of covering up going on here and it has to do with the ex-BF.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »

Thanks for this latest article SuzieQ.  I can't shake the feeling that there is a whole lot of covering up going on here and it has to do with the ex-BF.

I agree.

2 4 1
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2011, 01:12:39 PM »

I agree.

I came here today hoping the perps had been arrested.  I hope LE is taking their time in building a solid case.  Baltimore cops usually do get their man , especially in disappearances.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »

http://chathousecares.amplify.com/2011/02/22/baltimore-police-look-to-media-to-find-missing-teen-phylicia-barnes/

Baltimore Police Look To Media To Find Missing Teen (Phylicia Barnes)Feb 22, 2011 8:23am by ChatHouse Cares

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/21/133681328/baltimore-police-look-to-media-to-find-missing-teen

February 21, 2011
Police in Baltimore are pleading for help to find a 17-year-old who vanished from her family's apartment Dec. 28. Foul play is suspected but there are no leads, and detectives and family members hope media coverage of Phylicia Simone Barnes' case will help them find her.

With help from the FBI, Baltimore police have even used technology that finds heat signatures given off by human bodies. But they found nothing.

"We don't have any physical evidence to help us out otherwise. There's no forensics, there's no blood spatter, there's nothing to indicate that she was harmed in the apartment," Guglielmi says. "We've used canine, we've used every resource at our disposal. Phylicia's trail goes cold at the front door."

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26964955/detail.html
Video
Vigil Held For Phylicia Barnes
N.C. Teen Missing Since Dec. 28
February 23, 2011

BALTIMORE -- Family and friends of a teen missing since late December gathered Tuesday night for a vigil.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2011, 12:04:47 PM »

Here's an article with a little more news about the prayer vigil held for Phylicia:

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/baltimore_city/praying-for-answers-in-missing-teen-case
Video
Praying for answers in missing teen case
February 23, 2011

BALTIMORE - The family of missing teen Phylicia Barnes isn't giving up hope.

During a vigil held Tuesday night, Phylicia’s sisters joined other members of the community at New Christian Bible Baptist Church on West Northern Parkway in Baltimore to pray for her safe return. Her family says they're not giving up the search and beg anyone who may know something to come forward.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/22/kampfer/
Two months, still no sign of Phylicia Barnes
February 28, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/crime_checker/baltimore_city_crime/search-for-phylicia-barnes-running-cold
Video
Search for Phylicia Barnes running cold
February 28, 2011

BALTIMORE - In the last two months Baltimore homicide detectives and the FBI have combed through one hundred and thirty tips, but still no sign of Phylicia Barnes.

Investigators have taken tips from as far away as Washington State and have searched well outside the borders of Baltimore city.

They are simply at a dead end and are taking the opportunity of this two month anniversary of Barnes’ disappearance to appeal to the public again.

Right now the police have a special squad of six detectives with a sergeant working the case and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2011, 10:00:05 AM »

I agree.

I came here today hoping the perps had been arrested.  I hope LE is taking their time in building a solid case.  Baltimore cops usually do get their man , especially in disappearances.
GypsyDD, I agree . . . which makes this case all the more baffling.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/27122304/detail.html

Lead Detective In Phylicia Barnes Case Suspended
Posted: 3:05 pm EST March 8, 2011
Updated: 5:07 pm EST March 8, 2011

BALTIMORE, Md. -- A Baltimore police officer who led the investigation into a missing local teen is now off the job.

Investigators said Maj. Terrance McLarney left the scene of a crash he was involved in on Sunday.

McLarney has been put on suspension

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2011/03/10/the-disappearance-of-phylicia-barnes/

The Disappearance of Phylicia Barnes
March 10, 2011 by Laura Paskus

The media’s inattention to missing women of color is nothing new. Criticism of that trend isn’t either—and yet, it continues.

Consider how names such as Elizabeth Smart, Natalee Holloway or JonBenet Ramsey rank in name recognition, even years after their disappearances.

Then consider names such as Starr Snead, Artdrunetta Hobbs or Lachrica Jefferson. All are women of color who disappeared in the last 25 years.

You’ve never heard of any of those young women, have you?

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2011, 02:16:01 PM »

While the above article contains nothing new, either in facts or opinions, I thought this comment was interesting.

Bbksmum · 1 hour ago
A huge part of why Phylicia's story isn't getting the media attention is because of the family. The sister who's apartment Phylicia was last seen in, has moved and changed her number. Her mother moved and when interviewed appeared more upset that her daughter had drank, etc. than the whereabouts of Phylicia.
Now, I'm not saying that they aren't hurting. But I am saying that there is more that they can do. Now is not the time to hold grudges against the father of your missing child. Put the petty "hurt feelings" away and join together to find your kid. The most important thing is finding your child, not how hurt you are by being dissed in the past. GROW UP!!!!!!! Get your kids name out there. Put some pressure on the ex-boyfriend, put some pressure on anyone who was in that building that day. Put some pressure on the police to talk to people they've already talked to. Aliens didn't take her, so obviously someone knows something. Keep on getting her name out there. Do an interview that doesn't talk about the poor teenage decisions she made while on vacation, but talk about who last saw her, where her cell phone was last used and things like that. If you want results, you have to piss some people off first. 

2 4 1
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »

While the above article contains nothing new, either in facts or opinions, I thought this comment was interesting.

Bbksmum · 1 hour ago
A huge part of why Phylicia's story isn't getting the media attention is because of the family. The sister who's apartment Phylicia was last seen in, has moved and changed her number. Her mother moved and when interviewed appeared more upset that her daughter had drank, etc. than the whereabouts of Phylicia.
Now, I'm not saying that they aren't hurting. But I am saying that there is more that they can do. Now is not the time to hold grudges against the father of your missing child. Put the petty "hurt feelings" away and join together to find your kid. The most important thing is finding your child, not how hurt you are by being dissed in the past. GROW UP!!!!!!! Get your kids name out there. Put some pressure on the ex-boyfriend, put some pressure on anyone who was in that building that day. Put some pressure on the police to talk to people they've already talked to. Aliens didn't take her, so obviously someone knows something. Keep on getting her name out there. Do an interview that doesn't talk about the poor teenage decisions she made while on vacation, but talk about who last saw her, where her cell phone was last used and things like that. If you want results, you have to piss some people off first. 

It is really up to the family to keep the name out there once the case goes cold..interesting how some stories are picked up nightly by the media while others are not..I think that there are a lot of missing children, white, black, Asian, Hispanic whose stories don't get followed up on...but is it race? I don't care what color a missing child is..they are missing..
Mom and the rest of the family needs to work together and find out what happened to this beautiful child..When I have seen the mom on tv, it WAS always about how bad the sister was...how disappointed she was in the sister etc...She appeared to be more worried about maintaining how perfect of a parent she was when her daughter was in her care etc..jmo...it rather turns the public off with her demeanor I think...

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »

Bbksmum · 1 hour ago

It is really up to the family to keep the name out there once the case goes cold..interesting how some stories are picked up nightly by the media while others are not..I think that there are a lot of missing children, white, black, Asian, Hispanic whose stories don't get followed up on...but is it race? I don't care what color a missing child is..they are missing..
Mom and the rest of the family needs to work together and find out what happened to this beautiful child..When I have seen the mom on tv, it WAS always about how bad the sister was...how disappointed she was in the sister etc...She appeared to be more worried about maintaining how perfect of a parent she was when her daughter was in her care etc..jmo...it rather turns the public off with her demeanor I think...

Cookie, I agree. And this mom moved from NC to Atlanta, while her child was missing. What if she was alive and tried to get in touch with her mom in NC.

2 4 1
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »

I didn't know that mom had moved until I read it here..Who does that?? was there a reason for mom to move at this time? 
I didn't get any warm and fuzzies from mom in regards to her daughter..

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »

I didn't know that mom had moved until I read it here..Who does that?? was there a reason for mom to move at this time? 
I didn't get any warm and fuzzies from mom in regards to her daughter..

Exactly!  WHO does do that?  Unless being thrown out or something out of my control I couldn't move from the last place my child called home!  It would be all about my child then and not one thought about myself. But that is how most of us parent anyhow!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.