April 28, 2024, 07:34:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phylicia Barnes 16, Monroe, NC missing Baltimore, Md 12/28/10(Found Deceased)  (Read 64483 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »

I don't know how to quote two different posts - maybe someone who does could back this up for me...

This is just something that is puzzling me - the home-made poster type thingy says she was wearing white slippers/boots and another posting does say white ankle boots - I really wish they knew for sure because there is a big difference in slippers and boots! She would not go to the mall/shopping in slippers - if she really was wearing slippers her step-sister is making up the part about where she was going - you don't go shopping in slippers!!

Well, some just might go shopping in "slippers" which in my day and time we also called house slippers or house shoes.  My son's high school had to write into the dress code disallowing wearing "slippers" and pajamas and even hair rollers to school.  I think they are/were a fashion item in some schools and colleges to wear to classes.   That said, "slippers" could also possibly mean some sort of slip on open toed, backless shoe some used to wear after soccer games and sports.  They can be worn with or without socks.  Just ramblings and thoughts here.  

I don't know why the difference in description of the boots/slippers though.  No matter if they were bedroom slippers, soccer slippers or whatever, that's a big difference from an ankle boot.  I don't know if they're just not sure what she had on, or if perhaps one or the other footwear was found in her closet and so the description changed, I just don't know.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:42:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »

moccasins?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »

moccasins?

interesting...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »

I'm thinking she may have been wearing ankle high UGG type booties. Some of the styles look alot like slippers.

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductsList.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

I'm thinking she may have been wearing ankle high UGG type booties. Some of the styles look alot like slippers.

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductsList.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283

I have also seen slippers that are advertised to be able to go outside. I bought my husband a pair, because he mostly wears them in the house, but occasionally goes to the garage to get something in them.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 06:53:04 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13811738
Police fear worst in Barnes case
January 9, 2011
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Baltimore police say they are fearing the worst in the disappearance of Phylicia Barnes.

A spokesperson for the department says they have not had a single "pop up" or confirmed sighting since the teenager disappeared 12 days ago. Barnes, a senior at Union Academy in Monroe, vanished on December 28 while visiting relatives in Baltimore for Christmas.

Police say Barnes told relatives she was leaving the apartment to grab something to eat. She hasn't been seen since. Police said, there has been no activity on her Facebook page, her cell phone has been silent and there's been no activity in the teen's bank account.

Police have distributed 4,000 fliers of the missing girl. The department is using 4 of it's own helicopters in addition to 2 FBI choppers that have heat-sensory capabilities. The Maryland State Police have also offered assistance, officials said.

Ten Billboards along I-95 from Maryland to New York are digitally displaying Barnes's picture and a hotline number for people to call with tips and information on the teen's disappearance.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »

this is just terrible..
someone knows something about what happened to this girl!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »

http://radioamber.net/?p=3971

Phylicia Barnes Remains Missing

Jan 10th, 2011 | By Paul P | Category: Alert Follow Up News

Phylicia Barnes

Baltimore, MD. As time passes police are reported to fear the worse in the case of 16 year old Phylicia Simone Barnes. They have not had a single confirmed sighting since the teenager disappeared. Phylicia was last heard from on December 28th 2010 via her Facebook account. She posted a note saying she was at her sister’s apartment with her sister’s boyfriend.
A lack of media attention in the case has caused some to criticize the national news networks citing racial double standards because Phylicia is black. Baltimore officials have voiced their concern on the subject.

Teenagers are often taken across state lines rendering local media coverage much less useful. No Amber Alert was issued in the case which may have attributed to the lack of attention. There is an entry on the National Missing and Exploited Children website who are also the designated clearing house for Amber Alerts. People remain hopeful that Phylicia will be found safe and returned to her family.

Authorities are utilizing helicopters including 2 from the FBI as well as digital billboards along interstate 95 in the search. With no tips coming in the search may not have a direction left to go in.

Authorities said rumors of her body being found were untrue.

If you have any information whatsoever about Phylicia Barne’s disappearance please contact the Information Hotline at 855-223-0033.
Radio Amber Alert Video – Phylicia Barnes

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »

Radio Amber Alert Video – Phylicia Barnes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMub_9jXCM

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/phylicia-barnes-update-prayer-vigil-held-for-missing-nc-teen-video
Video
Phylicia Barnes update: Prayer vigil held for missing NC teen (video)
January 10, 2011

On Sunday, a prayer vigil was held for missing North Carolina teen Phylicia Barnes, who vanished almost two weeks ago, while on a visit to Baltimore.

Phylicia, 16, who lives in Charlotte, was in Maryland visiting her college-age half-sister when she vanished on December 28. She had gone out to get a bite to eat and possibly to get her hair cut, according to law enforcement.

Her father, Russell Barnes, gathered with hundreds on Sunday at Brown’s Baptist to pray for his missing daughter’s return.

“I’m not ever gonna stop until I find my child,” he said. “This is the work of the devil, so we know we want the devil to release our child and bring her back to our family, and when I say our family I mean everyone, all the community.”

WJZ reports there are new leads in the case, however, investigators are not commenting on the evidence garnered.
On Sunday, Patapsco State Park near Catonsville was thoroughly scoured for any sign of Phylicia.

“Through the investigative process, information has been developed, and Maryland Natural Resources Police are conducting this search at the request of the Baltimore Police Department,” said Sgt. Arthur Windemuth.

Rev. R. Lee Johnson said “The faith community is using the greatest weapon we have, and that’s the power of prayer.”

Over the weekend, citizen patrol group the Guardian Angels joined in the search for the missing teen.

Phylicia will be 17-years-old on Wednesday.

Phylicia is described as a black female, 5-foot-8 and 120 pounds. Anyone with information regarding her disappearance is urged to call 855-223-0033.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:04 AM »

Insert Quote
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/phylicia-barnes-update-prayer-vigil-held-for-missing-nc-teen-video

Rev. R. Lee Johnson said “The faith community is using the greatest weapon we have, and that’s the power of prayer.”

I totally agree.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20028153-504083.html
Phylicia Barnes Missing: Police Investigate Search Maryland Park for Missing Teen
January 11, 2011

BALTIMORE (CBS/WJZ/AP) It's been almost two weeks since anyone has seen missing teenager Phylicia Barnes, the North Carolina girl who disappeared while visiting relatives in Baltimore.
Now police are now focusing their search on Patapsco State Park, west of Baltimore, reports CBS affiliate WJZ.

"Through the investigative process, information has been developed, and Maryland Natural Resources Police are conducting this search at the request of the Baltimore Police Department," said Sgt. Arthur Windemuth.

More than 100 detectives, including half of the Baltimore police department's homicide unit, as well as Maryland State Police and the FBI have been assigned to Barnes' case, reports The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The honor roll student from Monroe, N.C., about 25 miles southeast of Charlotte, was last seen Dec. 28 at her half-sister's apartment in Northwest Baltimore.

Detectives involved in the investigation fear foul play and say there is reason believe the teen may have been abducted in part because of items that she left behind at the apartment, including money.

Police have established a tip line for information on Phylicia Barnes' whereabouts. If you know anything, you can call 855-223-0033.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »

I pray she is found . . . God bless this family.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »

I pray she is found . . . God bless this family.

amen to that Sister!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »

http://radioamber.net/?p=3992
Sanity Gurlz Vie To Get Media Attention for Phylicia Barnes
January 11, 2011

A well known group, Sanity Gurlz, an all female promotional company on the east coast, is striving to get national media attention in the case of missing Phylicia Barnes. She has been missing for 2 weeks. She is from Monroe, N.C. and was visiting her half sister in Baltimore when she disappeared.

Phylicia is a 16 year old black female, 5 foot 8 inches tall and weighs 120 lbs. It is believed she was last seen wearing, a blue pea coat with a hood, a turquoise thermal shirt, blue jeans, white ankle-high boots, and carrying a tan purse. Phylicia has a tattoo of a rose on her lower right leg.

Police are frustrated saying there are no suspects, no motive and few leads to follow. Reportedly Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told AOL News “It is almost like she completely vanished, we have nothing tangible in terms of leads.

Utilizing twitter the Sanity Gurlz posted “I’m blowing up time lines to get the attention needed to find Phylicia Barnes missing in Baltimore help us make media attention for her” and “Spread the world about Phylicia Barnes missing in Baltimore and isn’t getting no national media attention we need to change tht now RETWEET”.

They have vowed to do non-stop tweets to drive attention to this missing girl.

On their website sanitygurlz.webs.com they give their mission statement.

Sanity Gurlz are Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. We are committed to empowering victims and eliminating violence by providing education and prevention information, supporting member programs, and expanding quality services to all persons affected by sexual and domestic violence and stalking.

Dissent has been growing due to the lack of media coverage on the Barnes case. Officials in Baltimore have voiced their disdain and questioned if there is a double standard because Phylicia is black.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »

Nancy Grace covered Phylicia's case tonight. Her mother was on. I feel very sorry for her. There was really nothing new. I hope Phylicia  is found soon.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »

Very, very sad.   

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Missing-Monroe-teen-turns-17-today-search-continues--113386179.html
Missing Monroe teen turns 17 today, search continues
January 12, 2011

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Phylicia Barnes’ family should be celebrating the teen’s birthday today, but instead they’re continuing the search for the missing teenager.

January 12, 2011 marks the Monroe teenager’s 17th birthday. Barnes was last seen on Dec. 28, 2010 in Baltimore.

She was visiting her28-year-old half-sister, Deena Barnes. Police say the items Phylicia left at Deena’s apartment make them suspect foul play.

Last week Phylicia’s mother, Janice Sallis, said she was concerned and angered when she found out that Deena allowed the teen to drink alcohol, and smoke drugs.

"She promised me she would take care of her," says Sallis.

Barnes is a straight-A student who's on track to graduate early from a charter school and is already applying to colleges.

If you know anything about the case call investigators ask you to call 855-223-0033.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »

Very, very sad.   

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Missing-Monroe-teen-turns-17-today-search-continues--113386179.html
Missing Monroe teen turns 17 today, search continues
January 12, 2011

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Phylicia Barnes’ family should be celebrating the teen’s birthday today, but instead they’re continuing the search for the missing teenager.

January 12, 2011 marks the Monroe teenager’s 17th birthday. Barnes was last seen on Dec. 28, 2010 in Baltimore.

She was visiting her28-year-old half-sister, Deena Barnes. Police say the items Phylicia left at Deena’s apartment make them suspect foul play.

Last week Phylicia’s mother, Janice Sallis, said she was concerned and angered when she found out that Deena allowed the teen to drink alcohol, and smoke drugs.

"She promised me she would take care of her," says Sallis.

Barnes is a straight-A student who's on track to graduate early from a charter school and is already applying to colleges.

If you know anything about the case call investigators ask you to call 855-223-0033.

I saw a piece on Fox News today. Phylicia's mother was being interviewed. It was said there were one hundred police officers looking for her today. At least it seems now  she is getting more national coverage. Sorry, I don't have a link.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/13/1977248/missing-teen-turns-17-police-stymied.html
Missing teen turns 17; police stymied
January 13, 2011

Baltimore police marked the 17th birthday of a missing Monroe teen on Wednesday by searching a dumpster at the apartment complex where the girl's stepsister lives.

The effort turned up nothing, police say, and they expressed frustration over the lack of progress in the case.

Phylicia Barnes, a senior at Union Academy, has not been seen since leaving her stepsister Deena Barnes' apartment on Eberle Street in northwest Baltimore about 1:30 p.m. Dec. 28. Phylicia had been spending the Christmas holidays with her stepsister and said she was going out to shop.

Police say she has not used her cell phone or bank card, and has not posted an update on her Facebook page since that afternoon.

"We are pretty much at Square 1," police spokesman Anthony Gugliemi said in a news conference Wednesday. "We have no physical evidence to help us find Miss Barnes."

Gugliemi said more than 100 law enforcement personnel have been involved in the search, including local, state and federal police and agents. Investigators have used search dogs, helicopters and dive teams to search parks and ponds, and they have distributed thousands of flyers to people in the Baltimore metro area.

A national radio station company, Clear Channel Broadcasting, has donated space on billboards along Interstate 95 in the Baltimore-to-New York corridor. Those billboards contain Phylicia Barnes' photo and the nationwide telephone tip line.

Nothing has turned up.

"What will put us over the top is information from the public," Gugliemi said. "Somebody out there knows something."

The effort to find Barnes has included several searches at Deena Barnes' apartment complex. Janice Sallis, Phylicia's mother, said Deena Barnes told her a number of men had visited the apartment over the Christmas holidays. Police investigators have described the apartment as a stopover point for friends.

When asked if the search was getting close to becoming a "cold case," Gugliemi answered, "We are starting to fear the worst.

"But we are not giving up."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/14/1978799/missing-girl-turns-17-bin-yields.html
Missing girl turns 17; bin yields no clues
Phylicia Barnes of Monroe disappeared Dec. 28 in Baltimore; search expanding.
January 14, 2011

Baltimore police marked the 17th birthday of a missing Monroe girl on Wednesday by searching a trash bin at the Baltimore apartment complex where her stepsister lives.

The effort turned up nothing, police say, and they expressed frustration over the lack of progress in the case.
(snipped)
"We are pretty much at square one," police spokesman Anthony Gugliemi said in a news conference. "We have no physical evidence to help us find Miss Barnes."

Gugliemi said more than 100 law enforcement personnel have been involved in the search, including local, state and federal police and agents. Investigators have used search dogs, helicopters and dive teams to search parks and ponds, and they have distributed thousands of fliers to people in the Baltimore metro area.

A national radio station company, Clear Channel Broadcasting, has donated space on billboards along Interstate 95 in the Baltimore-to-New York corridor. Those billboards contain Phylicia Barnes' photo and the nationwide telephone tip line.

"What will put us over the top is information from the public," Gugliemi said. "Somebody out there knows something."

The effort to find Barnes has included several searches at Deena Barnes' apartment complex. Janice Sallis, Phylicia's mother, said Deena Barnes told her a number of men had visited the apartment over the Christmas holidays. Police investigators have described the apartment as a stopover point for friends.

When asked if the search was getting close to becoming a "cold case," Gugliemi answered, "We are starting to fear the worst."
Anyone who has information on the case is asked to call 855-223-0033.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.