March 29, 2024, 09:03:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phylicia Barnes 16, Monroe, NC missing Baltimore, Md 12/28/10(Found Deceased)  (Read 64278 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »

I didn't know that mom had moved until I read it here..Who does that?? was there a reason for mom to move at this time?  
I didn't get any warm and fuzzies from mom in regards to her daughter..

Exactly!  WHO does do that?  Unless being thrown out or something out of my control I couldn't move from the last place my child called home!  It would be all about my child then and not one thought about myself. But that is how most of us parent anyhow!
Ditto.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:42:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »

I didn't know that mom had moved until I read it here..Who does that?? was there a reason for mom to move at this time? 

I don't believe I'd move an inch from where I lived with a loved one that is missing, but that's me.  I would do all I could to stay and wait for my loved one in case they came back or sent someone to find me, even if it was years.  JMHO   It looks like Phylicia's mom Ms. Sillis moved to be closer to family. 

BBM

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/mom-of-missing-teen-810151.html
Mom of missing teen moves to Atlanta for family support
January 20, 2011

Janice Sallis said she moved back to Atlanta from Monroe, N.C., at her family’s urging.

Her teenage daughter, Phylicia Barnes, disappeared while visiting a half-sister in northwest Baltimore last month. Sallis went to Baltimore on Dec. 30, two days after Barnes’ disappearance, but then came to Georgia because her family didn’t want her to be alone.

“In times like this they won’t let me stay by myself,” Sallis told the AJC.
 ::snipping2::

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/22/1999572/in-maryland-search-still-on-for.html
In Maryland, search still on for local teen
January 22, 2011

Sallis has since moved to Atlanta, telling the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she wants to be closer to family.

"In times like this, they won't let me be by myself," she told the Journal-Constitution.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »

I don't believe I'd move an inch from where I lived with a loved one that is missing, but that's me.  I would do all I could to stay and wait for my loved one in case they came back or sent someone to find me, even if it was years.  JMHO   It looks like Phylicia's mom Ms. Sillis moved to be closer to family. 

BBM

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/mom-of-missing-teen-810151.html
Mom of missing teen moves to Atlanta for family support
January 20, 2011

Janice Sallis said she moved back to Atlanta from Monroe, N.C., at her family’s urging.

Her teenage daughter, Phylicia Barnes, disappeared while visiting a half-sister in northwest Baltimore last month. Sallis went to Baltimore on Dec. 30, two days after Barnes’ disappearance, but then came to Georgia because her family didn’t want her to be alone.

“In times like this they won’t let me stay by myself,” Sallis told the AJC.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/22/1999572/in-maryland-search-still-on-for.html
In Maryland, search still on for local teen
January 22, 2011

Sallis has since moved to Atlanta, telling the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she wants to be closer to family.

"In times like this, they won't let me be by myself," she told the Journal-Constitution.

Thank you Muffy for this article.
It sounds like she doesn't think her daughter is coming home alive.  Bless her heart.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/27339602/detail.html

Police Have A New Plan To Search For Phylicia Barnes

Seventeen-year-old Phylicia Barnes disappeared in Baltimore three months ago Monday, and Baltimore police are sharing details about a new plan already in place to try and find her.

Barnes is a senior at Union Academy in Monroe. She was visiting her sister in Baltimore over Christmas break when she vanished.

Baltimore police found drugs and alcohol in the residence, and say several men had been in and out of the apartment. Police said there is no physical evidence in the case, and no more leads to investigate.

Phylicia Barnes' photo will be featured on Red Plum's coupon circulars this week, which are put in newspapers around the country. Baltimore police are hopeful it could bring new exposure to the case.

2 4 1
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »

Seventeen-year-old Phylicia Barnes disappeared in Baltimore three months ago Monday, and Baltimore police are sharing details about a new plan already in place to try and find her.

Barnes is a senior at Union Academy in Monroe. She was visiting her sister in Baltimore over Christmas break when she vanished.

Baltimore police found drugs and alcohol in the residence, and say several men had been in and out of the apartment. Police said there is no physical evidence in the case, and no more leads to investigate.

Phylicia Barnes' photo will be featured on Red Plum's coupon circulars this week, which are put in newspapers around the country. Baltimore police are hopeful it could bring new exposure to the case.

SuzieQ, I sure hope this bring new leads.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »

SuzieQ, I sure hope this bring new leads.

I do too, but untill someone who lived in or visited that apartment talks, I'm not holding my breath.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/teen-now-missing-for-889009.html

Teen now missing for three months

Baltimore police are preparing for another large-scale search for Phylicia Barnes, a teenager with metro Atlanta ties who disappeared from her half-sister’s Baltimore apartment three months ago today.

Baltimore Police Dept. More than 100 detectives - including half of the Baltimore police's homicide unit as well as Maryland State Police and the FBI - had been assigned to Phylicia Barnes' case.

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said authorities will search an area that they have investigated before.

“We wanted to dig deeper earlier, but the weather got in the way,” he said, adding that he will reveal the area as the day of the actual search gets closer.

2 4 1
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/teen-now-missing-for-889009.html

Teen now missing for three months

Baltimore police are preparing for another large-scale search for Phylicia Barnes, a teenager with metro Atlanta ties who disappeared from her half-sister’s Baltimore apartment three months ago today.

Baltimore Police Dept. More than 100 detectives - including half of the Baltimore police's homicide unit as well as Maryland State Police and the FBI - had been assigned to Phylicia Barnes' case.

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said authorities will search an area that they have investigated before.

“We wanted to dig deeper earlier, but the weather got in the way,” he said, adding that he will reveal the area as the day of the actual search gets closer.

Was watching a Baltimore television station this morning and Phylicia's picture was on the news as a renewed effort is being made.  I pray this brings results.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-barnes-missing-search-20110409,0,5387856.story

Police search Patapsco Valley State Park for missing teen
Part of park closed as detectives conduct latest effort to find girl

Video at site.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/27490276/detail.html
Police: Body Found In State Park Is Not Missing Teen
Volunteers Searching For Teen Find Body
April 9, 2011

BALTIMORE -- Maryland State Police are investigating after the body of a man was found at the Patapsco Valley State Park on Saturday.

The body was taken to the Office of the State Medical Examiner for identification and autopsy. The cause and manner of death will be determined pending autopsy results.

Police said a volunteer search group assisting in the search for missing North Carolina teenager Phylicia

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »

wth? looking for this girl and another dead body is found??? how many dead bodies are out there that are found by mistake like that???

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:09 AM »

wth? looking for this girl and another dead body is found??? how many dead bodies are out there that are found by mistake like that???
The State Park is fairly large.
At least it will answer questions for someone's family.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

http://www.wcti12.com/news/27500764/detail.html
Searchers Empty-Handed After Looking For Missing NC Teen
April 11, 2011

More than 100 Maryland law officers spent part of Saturday looking for a missing North Carolina teenager, but they left empty-handed.
Crews scoured Patapsco State Park. Police focused on the park because it was mentioned by one of the persons of interest they have interviewed.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/14489206/detectives-investigating-missing-monroe-teen-case-notified-of-bodies-found-in-md-river?redirected=true

Source: Body found in MD river could be missing Monroe teen

CONOWINGO, MD (WBTV) - The body of a woman found in a Maryland River Wednesday may be the missing teen, a source familiar with the investigation told WBTV.com.

The body, found in the Susquehanna River in Conowingo, MD, had a tattoo on the lower right leg, the source said. According to the FBI missing poster, Barnes had a tattoo of a rose on her lower right leg.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Report-Body-found-in-Maryland-river-could-belong-to-missing-teen-120366454.html
Body found in river could belong to missing teen
April 21, 2011

PORT DEPOSIT, Md. -- Maryland medical examiners are comparing a missing Monroe teen's dental records with one of two bodies found on the Susquehanna River.
Chief Medical Examiner David Fowler says that Phylicia Barnes is the only missing person in the area who matches the age and gender of the body that was found. He says her dental records are the only set police have submitted for comparison.

WBAL-TV, the NBC affiliate in Baltimore, reported that a source familiar with the case said the leading clue that the body may belong to Barnes is a distinctive tattoo. Barnes has a tattoo of a rose on her lower right leg.

State police are expected to release more details later Thursday.

Officials are also conducting an autopsy for the body of a man was found in the same area Wednesday. It is not clear if there is any connection between the two bodies.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/14489206/detectives-investigating-missing-monroe-teen-case-notified-of-bodies-found-in-md-river?redirected=true
Body found in river is missing Monroe teen, father confirms
April 21, 2011

CONOWINGO, MD (WBTV) - The father of missing teenager Phylicia Barnes confirms to WBTV that one of the two bodies found in a Maryland River on Wednesday is the body of his daughter, who went missing in December.
Doctors at Maryland's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner were conducting the an autopsy on the woman's body as well as the body of a man found hours after the female.

"While investigators were continuing to investigate the first body recovery, they were contacted about a second body seen in the water shortly before 2:00 p.m. Wednesday," Maryland State Police Spokesperson Greg Shipley said in a news release.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2011, 03:40:53 PM »

This is really sad.     I didn't believe Phylicia left on her own.  I hope the investigation turns up some evidence.  Hoping for justice for Phylicia and her family.  I'll move this to "Missing Found Deceased". 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »

How sad.  Speculating here, I wonder if the half sister's ex-boyfriend tried to rape Phylicia and another guy came to her defense and both were killed by the ex-boyfriend?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/phylicia-barnes-teen-missing-919934.html
Phylicia Barnes, teen missing since December found dead in Md
April 21, 2011

More than 100 detectives -- including half of the Baltimore police's homicide unit -- -- as well as Maryland State Police and the FBI had been assigned to Barnes' case. Authorities were using helicopters, cadaver dogs, and other investigative tools to try and find her.

Authorities have interviewed more than 25 so-called “persons of interest,” but no one has risen to the level of a suspect, said Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, speaking to the AJC in March.

Investigators are pursing the case as an abduction and as a homicide, he said.

Authorities had gone to North Carolina and other areas to interview people but have found no reason to go to Atlanta, he told the AJC.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-barnes-body-20110421,0,6874419.story
Sources: Body found in river is missing Barnes
North Carolina teen vanished from Northwest Baltimore in December
April 21, 2011

The desperate search for missing honors student Phylicia Barnes came to a heartbreaking end Thursday, after an autopsy determined that a body pulled from the Susquehanna River Wednesday was that of the North Carolina teen who vanished from Baltimore in December.

Two law enforcement sources said the autopsy had found that the body was identified as Barnes; state police later confirmed the finding and said a press conference has been scheduled for 8 p.m.
With the discovery of her body in state waters, state police will now assume control of the investigation, officials say.
Authorities had not ruled out that Barnes was the victim of a random abduction. Detectives have been perplexed by a stunning lack of physical evidence, with not a single person coming forward with a credible tip or sighting.
Police said crews working on the dam Wednesday morning reported seeing what appeared to be a body floating in the river north of the dam at about 7:30 a.m., and Natural Resources police later recovered the body of a female from the water.

In the afternoon, boaters in the river south of the dam also found the body of a man.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.